Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,750
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#478257 Sep 25, 2013
My husband is going into hospital today, please keep him in your prayers.
I am not sure what is going to happn yet, I am praying they take out the prostate gland so he will have no more trouble.
God mat have other plans so I am putting it all in his hands, My husband has suffered terrible pain with this, so much he was going into shock.
Thank you all God Bless.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478258 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....you wish....
:)
No, I KNOW!!!!!

since it was at that time, that he made that post and said that only I had the character to come to his defense.lol

try as you catholics like, you cant change the TRUTH.

now Raphael, crawl back in your sewer home.lol
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#478259 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you'll find an Orthodox Bishop who'll agree with your statement that 'Church' meant the Christian faith. They would surely agree that Jesus started a Church like we understand it- albeit without the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome..
ORTHODOXY ON OTHER CHRISTIANS

1. Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches donít even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense). THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478260 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>twernt talking about you. the conversation was about John from NJ.
anyhooses, if I need someone to ride shotgun for me, I shall not contact you.
Well, It'd be your loss...makes no matter ta me son.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#478261 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you'll find an Orthodox Bishop who'll agree with your statement that 'Church' meant the Christian faith. They would surely agree that Jesus started a Church like we understand it- albeit without the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome..
At that time, all Christians were in the Church. It wasn't called Catholic yet, but acquired the name a few decades later. There were some dissenters who began teaching error and heresy. They called themselves Christians, but were not in the Church. Christ founded a Church, not Christianity. What she's promoting is protestantism, which is of course an error and many orthodox Christians consider it to be heresy.

Location hidden

#478262 Sep 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How old are you any way...You keep calling me son
you would have to be nigh 100 to be my father...I am only 79...
got my credentials to preach at age of 17..
I call ya son because ya act like a young'n...yer 14 years older than I am....but I don't take no shit from anyone...even you "sir"....
I do NOT back up when I am right...even for god....let alone YOU.
Now ya know where we are at.
I don't mean you any disrespect...you are bringing it upon yourself...I am simply pointing it out to you now. Don't make me keep doing it...It was never my intention in the first place "sir".
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#478263 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I KNOW!!!!!
since it was at that time, that he made that post and said that only I had the character to come to his defense.lol
try as you catholics like, you cant change the TRUTH.
now Raphael, crawl back in your sewer home.lol
Lovely, so Christ-like. Such a good, little protestant preacher...LOL!

I KNOW for a fact that after I came onto this board all the Catholics came to John's defense. You have a faulty memory there, presto. Must be your age kicking in. I miss John very much. We had some long and excellent conversations. He was a good man and highly intelligent. He knew the faith inside and out and was a good, practicing Orthodox Christian his whole life. Anthony also loved and respected him. Methinks you're a wee bit jealous!
Have a nice day there, presto!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478264 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am not sure what is going to happn yet, I am praying they take out the prostate gland so he will have no more trouble.
God mat have other plans so I am putting it all in his hands, My husband has suffered terrible pain with this, so much he was going into shock.
Thank you all God Bless.
Heavenly father I add my prayers of faith with those that are

praying for Ltm's husband..and intercede for his healing.

We ask you to give the doctors wisdom in their decisions concerning any operation.

Should they decide to operate, give them steady hands..and may

the nail scarred hands of Jesus be there to guide theirs..

Bring him home well and healed Lord ...as a testimony of your

great love and mercy.

Lord,,, be with LTM and give her strength as his care give and

provide for her safety and financial needs.

we praise and thank you for hearing our prayers

in Jesus name

Amen

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#478265 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you admitted to believing men? Do you have a text written by Jesus?
Your diversion has been noted along with your other dishonest tactics.

Albuquerque, NM

#478266 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't. But there were only a limited number of men chosen lead and appoint successors.
Are there ANY early writings you do reject? If so, why?
Your question is off-topic.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#478267 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I came on this forum hopeing to meet people with the same interest as me. The I saw the trash you catholics were throwing around..I look in the mirro hojo and I see a good person and an honest person.The CHURCH HISTORY IS THE HISTORY OF THE TRUTH. YOUR CHURCH STARTED IN 1054 AND IS not the true church...common sense will tell you that...AND I DONT QUOTE THIS EVERY CHANCE IT GET.unlike you and your spaming of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...ONE TRUE CHURCH...2000 YEARS...CHRIST FOUNDED...garbage and and the name calling and personal attacks...you and your buddies throw your personal attacks at nick and me expect an attack on your church by us.....I refuse to lower my self to your standards and use personal attacks...got that hobo..
Hogwash!! You saw the title of this forum "Roman Catholic church only true church" and decided to come here (just like every other non-catholic) to "insight an argument", to condemn and attack our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church and the TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY regarding Jesus Christ One TRUE Universal Catholic Church, just like every other bible only Protestant..... Like I told you before---if you truly believe that your Orthodox faith is the truth, then "go live it" and quit trying to create an "argument, dissension, and disagreement. The same with every bible only Protestant--"go live your faith" if you really believe it, and quit attacking Our Catholic Faith and the Catholic Church.---The fact is Seraphima!! YOU non-catholics came looking for us and for a "fight"--The fact is that there is (not one) Catholic on this forum (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, Duststorm or myself that would "seek out" a non catholic forum and go looking for an "argument, a debate or a fight" with a non-catholic!
We wouldn't waste our time, because (we as Catholics believe) that we have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH already and have had it for over 2000 years. We don't need to "prove anything"!!! It has be debated and discussed for centuries! You (in your own frustration, anger and beligerence, call it pride and arrogance!..... I/we as Catholics call it conviction, insight, perseverence and TRUTH of doctrine, the bible and Church History. Again--if you claim to possess the truth (as you believe it) then go "live your faith" and leave us Catholics alone to "live ours" and peace and respect will "prevail"!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478268 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I call ya son because ya act like a young'n...yer 14 years older than I am....but I don't take no shit from anyone...even you "sir"....
I do NOT back up when I am right...even for god....let alone YOU.
Now ya know where we are at.
I don't mean you any disrespect...you are bringing it upon yourself...I am simply pointing it out to you now. Don't make me keep doing it...It was never my intention in the first place "sir".
~~~

I don't use objectionable language

I see it as self defeating, it destroys ones testimony

Just as the sodomy among their priest. destroys the testimony of

the Roman Catholic church.

I am no seeking false piety...but if Jesus is in your heart

he desires..all of us to

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,

whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report;

if there be any virtue, and

if there be any praise, think on these things.

And then

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren,

by the mercies of God,

that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,

holy,

acceptable unto God,

which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:

but be ye transformed

by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove what is that good, and

acceptable, and

perfect, will of God.
R

Albuquerque, NM

#478269 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you like to limit "God's inspiration".
I don't.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't. But there were only a limited number of men chosen lead and appoint successors.
Stop lying, yes you do.

a. You can't show me where "God" specifies which texts are of "his" inspiration.
b. You believe only certain individuals could receive this supposed special inspiration, yet can't provide any evidence of a source or whatever. For all we know, you could be following a demon dressed as a priest.
- as we have already seen these types of people existing within your heirarchy of leaders.

Yes you do - you just can't accept the honesty involved to actually admit it, so you continue to lie about it and make up things about Jesus and "God" that isn't quite accurate.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#478270 Sep 25, 2013
An Exceptionally Good Catholic Joke

The Pope and Obama are on the same stage in Yankee Stadium in front of a huge crowd.

Obama leans over to the pope and said, "Do you know that with one little wave of my hand I can make every person in this crowd go wild with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep into their hearts and they'll forever speak of this day and rejoice!"

the pope replied, "I seriously doubt that! With one little wave of your hand....Show me!"

So president Obama backhanded him and knocked him off the stage!

AND THE CROWD ROARED & CHEERED WILDLY and there was happiness throughout the land!

Kind of brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

Location hidden

#478271 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
Thank you all God Bless.
Geeze LTM...I can only extend my best wishes to your situation. IF I could, I would snap my fingers and make everything well, but I just can't...but I really wish I could...truly...I feel for you folks...you will never know, and that is ok too...I'm nobody, but I share your pain...I'm sorry...there I said it.

Albuquerque, NM

#478272 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Nasl, I've had enough. In fact, way more than my share.
I could have given you advice about how to care for your wife because I was the sole caregiver for my bed-ridden father for over two years before he died. He had had two major strokes and God knows how many TIAs. They affected his legs, he could no longer walk; also his bowels, his bladder, his arm and hands. In the middle of it all, I broke my ankle and was dealing with other health issues. Then he contracted MRSA in the hospital or rehab. It was a nightmare. He suffered a great deal. But I figured you knew what to do. She's your wife, after all. No one knows better than you how to love her. If you don't, no one can tell you how.
There are several people on this forum who suffer in silence, Nasl. They might mention it once or twice, but that's it. They don't make a fuss about it. We pray for them as well, we just don't say much, if anything, about it. I do care or else I would have said nothing. I was very sad to hear about her and still am. I also feel for you as you must be devastated. Nevertheless, if it makes you feel better to belittle and ridicule me, there's nothing I can do about that. And, yes, of course I knew you would read my post. It is a forum after all. Maybe you would like it better if I gushed all over you and made myself look good in the eyes of....men??
Hi Regina - your post has been read and noted.

We all have difficulties in life. If one continues to dwell int he difficulties, one will continue to have difficulties.

I've chosen to move past the difficulties that encroach my life, including and not limited to - dealing with them directly.

You take to prayer, I take to action.

FYI - my wife is not bed-ridden, and a very willing participant in continuing with her life - all the while knowing I am with her every step of the way.

You sound like you took that path too, when you care for your family member - which is Self.

Twisting YOUR actions into some god-given talent received through a holy divine entity is bullshite and you know it, but just can't come to terms to admit it.

Like I said before - your well wishes were appreciated, but that is all you are going to get from me, because in truth, you hav no clue on why you are "sad for her", except only to give yourself a ruse - and to appease others on this forum that "you care".

If you care enough - how 'bout send my wife prayers directly. Unlike Star who sends them to the spirit world, thinking that her special request will get to her - during some point in her life or after she dies.

Really? Is this the best you got - Feel for an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum, when you haven't any contact with the person at all.

You are a classic gullible Catholic. Never researching, but always giving the lip service to those who YOU think are having unfortunate times.

Typical.

BTW - all of your statements are related to Self.

Learn it, live it, love it.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#478273 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you would like it better if I gushed all over you and made myself look good in the eyes of....men??
BTW - to comment upon this statement....

In the least, you, for the first time, admitted in some aspect, you do believe men. This is the first step many refuse to take, because it does affect your belief, directly.

Good for you.

Now if you can just continue to realize and understand that is it just a first step on a long journey.

Will you take the next steps?

Self.
Clay

United States

#478274 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
At that time, all Christians were in the Church. It wasn't called Catholic yet, but acquired the name a few decades later. There were some dissenters who began teaching error and heresy. They called themselves Christians, but were not in the Church. Christ founded a Church, not Christianity. What she's promoting is protestantism, which is of course an error and many orthodox Christians consider it to be heresy.
That's why I didn't say 'Catholic'. I was more or less highlighting the 'Church' definition as understood by the Orthodox as well as Catholics (and the first 1600 yrs of Christianity in general.)
Apostolic succession.

You're right, she stated the Protestant definition of a Church.

Albuquerque, NM

#478275 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus didn't start your church. he never would have approved of such EVIL!!!!
Jese didn't start any churches - men did.

They used portions of Jesus to start a theology they thought was suitable for the times.

As time moved forward, other men decided to get in on the ruse and "corrected" that which they thought needed to be corrected.

Eventually, after many years of men gathering and debating, a canon was formed, that is basically used by all of Christianity.

Men giving other men a belief, and men accepting this path.

Albuquerque, NM

#478276 Sep 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise the liberal Catholics, are Catholics in name only.[btw Pelosi has been warned by her Bishop.[1Cor.11:27-29] She can be Catholic but CANNOT receive Jesus until she followers HIS teachings.]Ē
The veil of deception continues......especially when those scolding others for not believing Jesus' teachings, are of the same cloth.

DOH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 265,232
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min eyeful 605,107
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dave Nelson 775,985
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 11 min girls united states 36
horny girls want to text???? (Mar '14) 13 min girls united states 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min UMAkeWORLDPEACEUI... 175,695
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 17 min kitty 123 112
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr mannibterf 441,787
More from around the web