Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478470 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
Thank you Confrinting for your prayers, my husband will go in on Oct 9th. thank you for praying for my finance's Confrint, I need some extra cash right now my husband is on 3 different pills, one is $75.00.
How is your wife doing Confrinting, healing well I hope.
Hey, I need to talk to u. send me a message
mideastNews

AOL

#478471 Sep 25, 2013

VATICAN -- ISRAEL debating Temple Mount status

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Location hidden

#478472 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
Thank you Confrinting for your prayers, my husband will go in on Oct 9th. thank you for praying for my finance's Confrint, I need some extra cash right now my husband is on 3 different pills, one is $75.00.
How is your wife doing Confrinting, healing well I hope.
honk, honk(that is how they do it in ohio), you have mail

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478473 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A note from your Mommy doesn't constitute "credentials".
If you had any sense, you would also understand that a theological decree requires using facts and not man-made innuendos, like you do.
*sighs*
17? Yeah, children at this age know lots about "God" and Christianity - from other men ONLY.
You really need to try to lay down better details if you are going to get anyone to really care what you say.
~~~

YOU HAVE MY SINCERE PITY....that you can't say that you knew anything about God when.. OR BEFORE YOU you were 17 years of age,..

I was teaching vacation Bible school, before I was 12,and youth leader

in the church I attended ...in my early teens...

It is a pity that you did not have the same heritage I have enjoyed...

Only God knows what you could have become for him if you were given the

opportunity that I HAVE EXPERIENCED..AND HAD BEEN TAUGHT THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD...

THEN YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE BECOME THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT OF GOD THAT YOU ARE

ONE OF the things that bothers me (among others ) IS

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS REQUIRED...THE ACCOUNTABILITY THAT IS

EXACTED OF MYSELF BEFORE GOD...

WHAT ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY...

TO HIM TO SPEAK THE TRUTH, YOU DO HAVE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY DON'T YOU KNOW...

YOU COULD TRY TO ONCE IN A WHILE .It might do you good and help you too
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478474 Sep 25, 2013
Who grow up pumpkins with devil its going over head!

Are you try make argument with me?

I can i fill that every day over my life heavy cross.

now
id

is thats all indetification

no

Did you born under happy star?
O well nonbelievers will asked you.

Your real Creator know why is like that.

-top of head you have another identification
-look on your finger print
-look on your head
-many deference characters exist without any computer or intelligence you can find out every character of each person even every spice and rice..

Do you liked colorful character?
Do you liked weed seed or good seed?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478475 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
That is because much of it is untrue and it is your own fault for being so gullible in believing the made up claims.
*sighs*
Believe what you want New Age! You are just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons who preaches a 21st century man-made doctrine of "make it up" as you go, half truth, half-heresy Christianity. IT IS ALL YOURS!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE (as billions of Catholics "have" who have )gone before us marked with the sign of the TRUE faith) for over 2000 years, to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and TRUE SALVATION in and through His One TRUE Catholic Church (the bride of Christ) You--New Age---can do want you want. Good luck! YOU will need it!!!
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478476 Sep 25, 2013
Now tradition cover up head with hat as mans or woman's with another parts of cloth are about what ..pagan religion according you.

or

-cover up most sensitive secret

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478477 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.

~~~

Yep Hermi I share the feeling...

As for foot ball...I went out for right end and got left out...

had trouble with my back because I ran around my own end

one day it rained hard and I went in as a sub

the field was muddy that we had to paddle a

john boat..to get the ball across the goal post.

I mean our team was sunk..

The coach told me to make like a drum and beat it..

so I joined up with the marching band and beat time for

the next five years...and even then every body was out

of step but me.

One day at band practice it was sweltering hot there in

the cow pasture the corn popped in

the farmers field next door..and the cows thought it

was snowing and stood there and froze to death..

I got to catch some ZZZZ

Now if I return in my absence

just keep me here till I get back.

Location hidden

#478478 Sep 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
So I am going to put a hard question for you after all of this you have written..., Since Jesus equates hating with killing, then those who call themselves preachers, on this forum who hate Catholics, are they, or are they not following Jesus? Are they Christians, or only killers?
why don't you shut up! never have I ever saw GIF say that he hates a catholic just because they are a catholic and the same goes for me.

However I do despise liars and you are 1.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#478479 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want New Age! You are just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons who preaches a 21st century man-made doctrine of "make it up" as you go, half truth, half-heresy Christianity. IT IS ALL YOURS!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE (as billions of Catholics "have" who have )gone before us marked with the sign of the TRUE faith) for over 2000 years, to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and TRUE SALVATION in and through His One TRUE Catholic Church (the bride of Christ) You--New Age---can do want you want. Good luck! YOU will need it!!!
Were the following Bible only Church Fathers buffons or is it you.

I think the later

There is one God, whom we do not otherwise acknowledge, brethren, but out of the
Sacred Scriptures. For as he, who would profess the wisdom of this world cannot
otherwise attain it, unless he read the doctrines of the philosophers; so whosoever will
exercise piety towards God, can learn it no where but from the Holy Scriptures.
(St. Hippolytus c. 170-c.235, adv. Noetum, c. IX)

In the two testaments every word that pertaineth unto God may be sought and discussed,
and out of them all knowledge of things may be understood. And if anything remains
which Holy Scripture does not determine, no other third scripture ought to be received to
authorize any knowledge, but we must “commit to the fire” what remains, that is, reserve
it unto God.
(Origen c. 185-c.254, Hom. in Lev.)

The holy and divinely inspired writings are sufficient of themselves alone to make known
the truth.
(St. Athanasius 296-373, Orat. Contr. Gent. Tom. I)
If you desire a new quotation, if you pretend to affirm anything besides what is written,
why do you dispute with us, who are resolved to hear nothing, and to say nothing, besides
what is written?
(St. Athanasius, De Incarn. Chr.)
What the Scriptures have not declared, you will never find.
(St. Athanasius, De S. Trin. Dial.)

It is a mockery to ask questions, or to make discourses, on that which is not written.
(St. Athanasius, Epist. Ad. Serap.)
In the Holy Scriptures alone is the instruction of religion announced—to which let no
man add, from which let no man detract—which are sufficient in themselves for the
enunciation of the truth.
(St. Athanasius, adv. Gentes init.)
These are the fountains of salvation, that he who thirsts may be satisfied with the oracles
contained in them. In these alone the doctrine of salvation is contained. Let no man add
to, or take from them.
(St. Athanasius, Ex Festali Epistola XXXIX. Tom. II)

Do not believe me simply, unless you receive the proof of what I say from Holy Scripture.
(St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech. A.D. 348)
Keep that faith only which the Church is now giving to you and which is certificated out
of the whole of Scripture.
(St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech.)
Concerning the divine and holy mysteries of the faith, even the most casual remark ought
not to be delivered without the sacred Scriptures.
(St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech. IV.12)
It is evidently a falling away from the faith, and a proof of great presumption, to neglect
any part of what is written, or to introduce anything that is not written.
(St. Basil c. 329-379, bishop of Caesarea, de Vera Fide)
What is written, believe; what is not written, seek not to discover.

Bring me not human reasonings and syllogisms, for I rely on the divine Scripture alone.
(Theodoret of Cyrus c. 393-466, Dial. I. Atrept.)

Nope you are the Buffon for you put faith in false Apostles called Popes who go beyond that which is written, they have added to the word of God that which is not of God.

Lord have Mercy on them and those who believe the lie.
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478480 Sep 25, 2013
I will go in poor country yep.

-not stay with smart full of pride
-people with pride make big and huge mistake
poor is always poor can't comp.it

it is written
be bless who is poor

satanic way will come on the end

by

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478481 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I think I now understand why you don't get as many responses to your posts as you would probably like.
a. You never address your posts to anyone. So, including me, I don't know why you are posting.
b. You are confusing the singular and plural aspects of your sentences. For example in the above:
"Jesus Christ words is perfect."
- this should actually read - "Jesus Christ's words are perfect."
- Notice how I added an apostrophe to the sentence to show ownership. Also, since you are speaking of Jesus' words, which are plural, you will need to include the plural verb "are", instead of the singular use of "is".
Okay - now you go and try.....I'm rooting for you!
:o)
I think she does,not speak English well and lives,in ,repressive places.

Maybe we,are her only contact o Christians outside ..I think she is Catholic and the forum name brought her Here. GOD BLESS,HER ..

She,sure is,NOT seeing the better part of Christian.
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478482 Sep 25, 2013
what is hide your eyes and closed for your ear
it will be revile=read revelation

it is written
Earth swear to Heaven nothing will be hide between each other.

in future they will be
miracle and innovation like never before

its not from God
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#478483 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
F.Y.I. it is quite apparent you are uneducated and only regurgitate RCC propaganda with out ever verifying it.

What is Sola Scriptura?

The Latin "Sola Scriptura" means "Scripture Only," or "Scripture alone." This was one of the distinctive features of the Protestant Reformation and signaled the Reformed departure from alleged Papal infallibility and the authority of Romish tradition contained in the writings of the Church Fathers and oral tradition. Sola Scriptura does not mean that we cannot use other sources. It simply means that "all other sources" must submit to the sovereign truth found only in holy scripture. No man, no belief system, no personal view should be allowed in our churches, pulpits and classrooms that do not stand up to a close, in depth and arduous challenge to "Scripture Alone" as being the final source of truth!(The "catholicity" of American Baptists by Sam Hughey)
“First, it is necessary to understand what Sola Scriptura does and does not assert. The Reformation principle of Sola Scriptura has to do with the sufficiency of Scripture as our supreme authority in all spiritual matters. Sola Scriptura simply means that all truth necessary for our salvation and spiritual life is taught either explicitly or implicitly in Scripture. It is not a claim that all truth of every kind is found in Scripture. The most ardent defender of Sola Scriptura will concede, for example, that Scripture has little or nothing to say about DNA structures, microbiology, the rules of Chinese grammar, or rocket science. This or that "scientific truth" for example, may or may not be actually true, whether or not it can be supported by Scripture -- but Scripture is a "more sure Word," standing above all other truth in its authority and certainty. It is "more sure," according to the apostle Peter, than the data we gather firsthand through our own senses (2 Peter 1:19). Therefore, Scripture is the highest and supreme authority on any matter to which it speaks”,(Dr. John F. MacArthur, Jr. Sola Scriptura! The Protestant Position on the Bible, chapter 5)
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478484 Sep 25, 2013
Who watching creation and liked be bigger then God?

remember that

real perfection exist

-think about that fallen one is not perfect

be bless who is poor

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478485 Sep 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams:)
They both do ..I have learned a,lot I did not know about he,Orthodox .

And they both show,Christian love to others,..

God bless them both
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478486 Sep 25, 2013
Are you for sure Jesus Christ is Englishman?

Please tell me why I need be educated like you!

-never sit drink eat with rich and smart

They will see everything yep, but can't see own speck in eye.

Why grasshopper and ants have glass eye?

Did you ever eat gra$$hope,r?

Please tell me about grall hope r!

What deference between grah as beans and kidney?

Who estimated heart and kidney?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478487 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like to talk about this in front of this whole board. It's unseemly to argue this way, but there's no other choice. I'm not looking for thanks or any of that. But I do know what occurred and you then stated publicly that it never did and you attacked me over it and are still doing so. I was shocked. As I just told 'hermie', the shock has now worn off and disgust is left in its place. I don't know why you did what you did, but it was ugly. It's left a very bad taste in my mouth.
A,suggestion ..not related to whatever is,between you

Register ..get an account ..than you can talk on private messages,.

Just a thought ...

It's,strange only one of you guys,registers ...that's,y our choice . But it's,a way no one can mimic you ..And you can speak privately ..if you don't want us in Your business .
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#478488 Sep 25, 2013
This is just a joke and not intended to insult any of our Roman Catholic friends.......

Father O'Malley answers the phone.

Caller:'Hello, is this Father O'Malley?'

Father O'Malley 'It is!'

Caller:'This is the IRS. Can you help us?'

Father O'Malley:'I can!'

Caller:'Do you know a Ted Houlihan?'

Father O'Malley:'I do!'

Caller:'Is he a member of your congregation?'

Father O'Malley:'He is!'

Caller:'Did he donate $10,000 to the church?'

Father O'Malley:'He will.'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#478489 Sep 25, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
F.Y.I. it is quite apparent you are uneducated and only regurgitate RCC propaganda with out ever verifying it.
What is Sola Scriptura?
The Latin "Sola Scriptura" means "Scripture Only," or "Scripture alone." This was one of the distinctive features of the Protestant Reformation and signaled the Reformed departure from alleged Papal infallibility and the authority of Romish tradition contained in the writings of the Church Fathers and oral tradition. Sola Scriptura does not mean that we cannot use other sources. It simply means that "all other sources" must submit to the sovereign truth found only in holy scripture. No man, no belief system, no personal view should be allowed in our churches, pulpits and classrooms that do not stand up to a close, in depth and arduous challenge to "Scripture Alone" as being the final source of truth!(The "catholicity" of American Baptists by Sam Hughey)
“First, it is necessary to understand what Sola Scriptura does and does not assert. The Reformation principle of Sola Scriptura has to do with the sufficiency of Scripture as our supreme authority in all spiritual matters. Sola Scriptura simply means that all truth necessary for our salvation and spiritual life is taught either explicitly or implicitly in Scripture. It is not a claim that all truth of every kind is found in Scripture. The most ardent defender of Sola Scriptura will concede, for example, that Scripture has little or nothing to say about DNA structures, microbiology, the rules of Chinese grammar, or rocket science. This or that "scientific truth" for example, may or may not be actually true, whether or not it can be supported by Scripture -- but Scripture is a "more sure Word," standing above all other truth in its authority and certainty. It is "more sure," according to the apostle Peter, than the data we gather firsthand through our own senses (2 Peter 1:19). Therefore, Scripture is the highest and supreme authority on any matter to which it speaks”,(Dr. John F. MacArthur, Jr. Sola Scriptura! The Protestant Position on the Bible, chapter 5)
Very well said and dead on point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hangman 971,889
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 6 min Forum Warriors 35
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Dr Banonator 56,305
Horny snapchat usernames 12 min Gabegrealish01 1
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr AfricaQueen 764
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 1 hr Rachel19F 4
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 1 hr uncute 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr NACKED TRUTH 45,001
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 182,976
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu kobechi3 71
More from around the web