Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653995 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Why me

Ardsley, NY

#478450 Sep 25, 2013
With all due respect Seraphima,you are being very disrespectful. If you have such issues with someone,please refrain from publicly causing dissention. It only makes you look bad. Grow up and ignore someone who irks you so.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478451 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I think he likes you.....lol
Yes, I noticed him 'liking' Dust Storm and GIF this morning, too. At least they had the decency to tell him off. No one used to stand for that until recently, no matter who it was directed at. Everybody used to speak up. Not anymore.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478452 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I noticed him 'liking' Dust Storm and GIF this morning, too. At least they had the decency to tell him off. No one used to stand for that until recently, no matter who it was directed at. Everybody used to speak up. Not anymore.
But its ok for you to do it rightZ?

Location hidden

#478453 Sep 25, 2013
Why me wrote:
With all due respect Seraphima,you are being very disrespectful. If you have such issues with someone,please refrain from publicly causing dissention. It only makes you look bad. Grow up and ignore someone who irks you so.
You telling the wrong person that....I didn't start this mess....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478454 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Treating us to more of your autobiography, I see.
You're nothing more than a two bit punk with a number of loose screws.
There was a time when those on this board wouldn't tolerate your kind. Now, with this new element here, you're actually encouraged. Says a lot about them, as well.
What?
My kind? You mean one who prefers actuality and honesty?
I can understand why "your kind" don't want me here.
You are nothing but a two bit punk with a number of loose screws.

Location hidden

#478455 Sep 25, 2013
Why me wrote:
Perhaps you might remind The Regina Vacuum cleaner while you are at it HUH?
You are NOT exercising "all due respect" here at all are you bigot.

Location hidden

#478456 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly pervert. Duststorm is nothing more than a hateful troll, and GIF didn't have the sense to mind his own business.
Neither "told me off" Mrs Vacuum. It was more the other way around. The world doesn't have to stand for your prejudiced, hateful garbage any more, and I am here to show you what your hateful rhetoric will bring you in reward for it. Get used to it...You no longer have free reign over the world population. We do not have to take it, and we will no longer be subject to your hateful rhetoric any longer.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478457 Sep 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rosie that's what I've been trying to say, The Word is the authority, it says what it says unfiltered and always will, they can't hear it or perceive it is the problem, they go by what they are told without being born-anew so they can hear and see and be under the authority of Scripture for themselves. We just have to pray for them. Love you grammy.
GOD BLESS you .

Everything has a NAME people ,can use,it or slam it ..

The words of scripture are either real or made up.

If real they came from the writers,..if fakes ..we are all in trouble ..

What's,scary is,Catholics putting them down as IF THEY ARE,JUST SOMETHING ON PAPER ..not real..

I'd rather trust the written word of the authors than generations of dogma,from tradition..whatever that may be .

Tradition of WHO with a throne ..a ring to be kissed by KINGS counting on the PAPACY to claim them legitimate .

DID JESUS,TELL THEM this is,what HIS,CHURCH was,to be .as,He preached to the masses,...be kingmaker PETER ..allow anything In my Name ..I don't think so..
THeY have said our not using them to read God's,Word is evil ..inspired

However ..I still believe God used CATHOLICS AND EVANGELICAL NON CATHOLICS to get HIS,WORDS TO THE PEOPLE THEY WERE MEANT FOR ..

Catholics think their age gives them more credibility...we're not hos,called Orhodox around also .

AGAIN ..are they JOHNS words ..or some phony made up things,...

Because our bible of his words is he same as theirs,...,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478458 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I came on this forum hopeing to meet people with the same interest as me. The I saw the trash you catholics were throwing around..I look in the mirro hojo and I see a good person and an honest person.The CHURCH HISTORY IS THE HISTORY OF THE TRUTH. YOUR CHURCH STARTED IN 1054 AND IS not the true church...common sense will tell you that...AND I DONT QUOTE THIS EVERY CHANCE IT GET.unlike you and your spaming of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...ONE TRUE CHURCH...2000 YEARS...CHRIST FOUNDED...garbage and and the name calling and personal attacks...you and your buddies throw your personal attacks at nick and me expect an attack on your church by us.....I refuse to lower my self to your standards and use personal attacks...got that hobo..
If by meeting people of the same interest

You mean people who love Jesus,as their Lord,And Saviour ..You have many like minded friends,here ..You and Nick :)
Human Being

Elton, LA

#478459 Sep 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS you .
Everything has a NAME people ,can use,it or slam it ..
The words of scripture are either real or made up.
If real they came from the writers,..if fakes ..we are all in trouble ..
What's,scary is,Catholics putting them down as IF THEY ARE,JUST SOMETHING ON PAPER ..not real..
I'd rather trust the written word of the authors than generations of dogma,from tradition..whatever that may be .
Tradition of WHO with a throne ..a ring to be kissed by KINGS counting on the PAPACY to claim them legitimate .
DID JESUS,TELL THEM this is,what HIS,CHURCH was,to be .as,He preached to the masses,...be kingmaker PETER ..allow anything In my Name ..I don't think so..
THeY have said our not using them to read God's,Word is evil ..inspired
However ..I still believe God used CATHOLICS AND EVANGELICAL NON CATHOLICS to get HIS,WORDS TO THE PEOPLE THEY WERE MEANT FOR ..
Catholics think their age gives them more credibility...we're not hos,called Orhodox around also .
AGAIN ..are they JOHNS words ..or some phony made up things,...
Because our bible of his words is he same as theirs,...,
RoSesz

Peace

Being both Catholic and Protestant is not a hard thing, when a person is a Christian.

The difficulty arises mostly in the doctrine.

The RCC being around, has a lot of history, and writings, which tends to need redefining to keep up with the age. So amassing such a large amount is very complex to deal with.

The Protestant areas are trying to keep up, and generally try and contrast their doctrines against a given(for the most part in the beginning it was the RCC, but more so now, against each other). Thus one amasses all Protestantism, it too becomes very complex to deal with.

There is always a group within each that wants to keep things simple. So it is better just to be a Christian, and lead a good life, than get to involved with doctrinal details.

Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478460 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>oh but we were told that John was buddies with the Catholic's here....is that true?
For eBay it's,worth I wash here much..But Johns,posts,gave Mr some insight ..as,you guys,do when you speak of your Church

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478461 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
EWTN re Purgatory
EWTN re Purgatory
Third, Protestants are often confused by the number of "days" that used to be attached to indulgences. They have nothing to do with time in purgatory.
The number of "days" that were attached to indulgences were not understood as shortening time in purgatory, but as easing the purification after death by an amount analogous to the shortening of an earthly penitential period by the number of days indicated.
"EASING THE PURIFICATION AFTER DEATH BY AN AMOUNT ANALOGOUS TO THE SHORTENING OF AN EARTHLY PENITENTIAL PERIOD BY THE NUMBER OF DAYS INDICATED."
In other words indulgences didnt shorten "earthly time" but earthly time" was used to help people understand that indulgences eased the purification by x quantitty??????????
CMON WILLIS, TALK STRAIGHT
Fourth, because some people were confused by thinking purgatory was shortened by a set number of days with an indulgence, the Church abolished the "day" figures attached to indulgences specifically to eliminate this confusion.
Fifth, the reason that the "days" were never understood to be days of literal time off in purgatory is that the medieval theologians, such as St. Thomas Aquinas, those living at precisely the period when the "days" were attached to indulgences, were very clear about the fact that time does not work the same way in the afterlife as it does here. In fact, they had a special term for it, and would contrast three different temporal modalities—the ordinary flow of events we experience here on earth, called <"time;"> the perpetual present that God experiences, called <"eternity;"> and the middle, less well understood state experienced by those in the afterlife, known as <"aeviternity." >
So the Church has never said that purgatory involves the same kind of time as we experience here on earth, or even time at all. Thus Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, no theological liberal, writes that purgatory may involve "existential" rather than "temporal" duration
Oh. Another dogma,..changed ..But I could not possibly have been told
Anything OTHER than WHAT they believe today ..I'm such a liar ..You know,

Never went to Catholic school...or misheard things,like,Roman Catholuc CHURCH ..God created the,world,in six days,..made HUMans,from the dust and a rib..nahhhhhh..they never change anything ...dogma,or scripture or Catechism ..same stuff Peter told them ..

Sorry I'm bring sarcastic .

BUT I KNOW,DARN WELL WHAT I LEARNED ...IT STRAIGHT A ON RELIION AND DIOCESAN EXAMS ..YOU KNOW,FROM THE DIOCESE...the Church seat of authority ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478462 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbroken succession is not a boast but a reality. You have not made any case that threatens the church. I dont think anyone is frightened or enlightened by your claims refuted many times.
So to sum up your argument is that God wanted many different churches fighting with one another and killing each other having a wide variety of truths and no visible church just a body of people everwhere with their own truth from the bible alone except Catholics where some might be saved? He made alot of countries blessed. Are you saying the Catholic church had no part in the blessing of America? Like the Catholic who convinced the French Catholics to fight for Indendence? Hospitals, Schools? Catholic Colony the first to allow freedom of religion?
Ok to spell it out
.I.think

JESUS CHURCH was,never meant to be KINGMAKER S ..NOR TO ALLOW KINGS,to.kill people ..your Church did just that for centuries .
.that's,not gossip ..those Inwuisitions,happened ..

God also knew the printing press woulD ALLOW HIS WORD TO BE SPREAD ..not filtered by whatever dogma,your Church had ..

He used LUTHER and his questions .

And others,who saw the,CHURCH AS AN EXTENDION OF THe MONARCHIES .

And I truly believe He wanted us,All to spread he WORD YES .

AND maybe like ISRAEL..HE was saying p.Your PRELATES...ZYOU HSVE WANDERED VERY FAR FROM MY TEACHING ...so I'm using other people as well

VATICAN 2 and POPE JOHN PAUL we're an attempt o show humility from your Church and allow wider knowledge ..And unity ....preach to the people as,I preached ..GIVE THEM MY.SIMPLE MESSAGE..APOLOGIZE..UNITE ..

now I admit it's how I see it ..

You asked .

Now you people HAVR ACTUAL. BIBLE STUDY ...not just CATECHISM.

And every person owns,a bible they study from directly
..not s FAMILY BIBLE to record things in...But something you use each day ..may be ..to see WHAT DID JESUS,SAY .

or do you still.look to.your Catechism ..oh what firs the CHURCH SAY.

THAT'S the difference ...And BY THE WAY

YOUR CHURCH CALLED US PROTESTANTS.....the reformers wanted Change IN THE RCC

I and most of us are not Protesting anything

We believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour ..

We are CHRISTIAN NOT PROTESTERS ....

My faith does,not depend on your CHURCH...PRO OR CON

And God foes not like killing no matter who does it

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478463 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I twisted nothing but your ugliness remains true. Admit defeat to what? LOL He came out with trash talking again. Show me where I attacked the Orthodox church. I merely cautioned assigning a place between heaven and Hell to Orthodox. That is an attack? LOL Then your jerk husband came out with all kinds of insulting commentary along with rubbish. Truly expected from loving humble people like yourself.
What I asked for was a straight answer not a bunch of mumbo jumbo. But I can assure you that if you go Orthodox forums you will find Orthodox who do not subscribe to consubstantiation nor will they call the Church arrogant for expressing transubstaniation. I have seen Orthodox priests argue for it. I have also seen them using the language of councils to back it up. Their may be a difference at when the change occurs and as I said it we accept that the Eucharist is a mystery but in faith accept it is the body blood soul and divinity of the Lord, but no it is not the standard Orthodox position to subscribe to Hermes view of Consubstantiation nor did many of the Eastern Fathers. In fact nothing was more unanimous than the Eucharist in the early church this attested to by Renowned Protestant Scholar JND Kelley.
Paul asked, "Is this not the body of Christ?" I wont argue about the semantics as long as its not a cracker snack or a symbolic geusture that need not be done or on occasion. Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is huge. He who

eats my body and drinks my blood shall be raised up on the last day.
Ireaneus roundly decclared the Eucharist in very real terms. You have free will to believe what you wish. However not all Orthodox would agree with consubstantiation and neither do all Protestants.
It's,His blood He shed...why is he wine blood not offered ..just he host
..And yes I SAW IT RECENTLY...

AND AS S CHILD ..the mind made the wafers ..in.my FICTITIUOS SCHOOL..
WHERE THE NUNS LIEDX TO ME FOR YEARS AND HE CAECHISM WAS PHONY.

according o you and Regina and Knit/Husker Du

Human Being

Elton, LA

#478464 Sep 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok to spell it out
.I.think
JESUS CHURCH was,never meant to be KINGMAKER S ..NOR TO ALLOW KINGS,to.kill people ..your Church did just that for centuries .
.that's,not gossip ..those Inwuisitions,happened ..
God also knew the printing press woulD ALLOW HIS WORD TO BE SPREAD ..not filtered by whatever dogma,your Church had ..
He used LUTHER and his questions .
And others,who saw the,CHURCH AS AN EXTENDION OF THe MONARCHIES .
And I truly believe He wanted us,All to spread he WORD YES .
AND maybe like ISRAEL..HE was saying p.Your PRELATES...ZYOU HSVE WANDERED VERY FAR FROM MY TEACHING ...so I'm using other people as well
VATICAN 2 and POPE JOHN PAUL we're an attempt o show humility from your Church and allow wider knowledge ..And unity ....preach to the people as,I preached ..GIVE THEM MY.SIMPLE MESSAGE..APOLOGIZE..UNITE ..
now I admit it's how I see it ..
You asked .
Now you people HAVR ACTUAL. BIBLE STUDY ...not just CATECHISM.
And every person owns,a bible they study from directly
..not s FAMILY BIBLE to record things in...But something you use each day ..may be ..to see WHAT DID JESUS,SAY .
or do you still.look to.your Catechism ..oh what firs the CHURCH SAY.
THAT'S the difference ...And BY THE WAY
YOUR CHURCH CALLED US PROTESTANTS.....the reformers wanted Change IN THE RCC
I and most of us are not Protesting anything
We believe in Jesus Christ as Saviour ..
We are CHRISTIAN NOT PROTESTERS ....
My faith does,not depend on your CHURCH...PRO OR CON
And God foes not like killing no matter who does it
RoSesz

Peace

So I am going to put a hard question for you after all of this you have written..., Since Jesus equates hating with killing, then those who call themselves preachers, on this forum who hate Catholics, are they, or are they not following Jesus? Are they Christians, or only killers?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478465 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>He presided over the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Commission on Roman Catholic Relations from 1963 until 1968 and accompanied the archbishop, Michael Ramsey on his historic visit to Rome in 1966.
you many times in the past have tried to foster this catholic apologist off on the people here. he is not representative of Christianity, and certainly not of Protestant beliefs.
as marge has said, the Protestant view is what the Apostles taught, not what was changed many centuries later by the rcc.
for instance, when Jesus said this is my body, He is speaking Spiritually, not litteraly, SINCE HE HAD NOT YET BEEN CRUCIFIED, and therefore we then have no other alternative but to accept that He was speaking to them to [remember] that He was giving His body for their sins to be remitted.
NEXT TIME PLEASE USE A PROTESTANT TO GIVE A VIEWPOINT, NOT A CATHOLIC APOLOGIST SUCH AS KELLY WAS.
I actually do not see myself as a Protestant ..may be the,Reformers,were,...by I am a Born Again Christian Believer ..

That's,how I see it any way for myself

I CONFESS,JESUS,AS LORD
.not protest ..
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#478466 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Geeze LTM...I can only extend my best wishes to your situation. IF I could, I would snap my fingers and make everything well, but I just can't...but I really wish I could...truly...I feel for you folks...you will never know, and that is ok too...I'm nobody, but I share your pain...I'm sorry...there I said it.
Thank you for your kind thoughts, my husband has suffered greatly weith this problem. You are somebody "Black Thunder 42"
I was very touched by your post :)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478467 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.
You are always good for a laugh ..thanks
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#478468 Sep 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavenly father I add my prayers of faith with those that are
praying for Ltm's husband..and intercede for his healing.
We ask you to give the doctors wisdom in their decisions concerning any operation.
Should they decide to operate, give them steady hands..and may
the nail scarred hands of Jesus be there to guide theirs..
Bring him home well and healed Lord ...as a testimony of your
great love and mercy.
Lord,,, be with LTM and give her strength as his care give and
provide for her safety and financial needs.
we praise and thank you for hearing our prayers
in Jesus name
Amen

Amen.
Thank you Confrinting for your prayers, my husband will go in on Oct 9th. thank you for praying for my finance's Confrint, I need some extra cash right now my husband is on 3 different pills, one is $75.00.
How is your wife doing Confrinting, healing well I hope.

Location hidden

#478469 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind thoughts, my husband has suffered greatly weith this problem. You are somebody "Black Thunder 42"
I was very touched by your post :)
LtM you and your family are in our prayers. Please keep us posted.I know the feel all to well.Know that you are not alone and God is always with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Dr Banonator 64,014
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Aura Mytha 973,802
I want to masturebate with my friend 1 hr Bbflip 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,582
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,805
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 1 hr Johnny 39
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr The Twins 445,464
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 106,507
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 281,866
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Thu teqy2000 79