Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,781
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478171 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its all in the link which makes the myths you perpetuated quite simple. For many Protestants they think indulgences is just about money buying salvation or forgiveness of sins. That is not the case at all. We shall all be purged. I did not say the Orthodox believe in it nor did I attack the Orthodox on the matter. You chose to attack ours in yet anohter geusture of respectful humility. There was never any specific time or exact amounts as you so arrogantly and sarcasticly put it with yet another respectful post full of humility. Again with the need to attack the church, but remain silent regardless of Protestants say. Your hypcocrisy runs deep.
And again...I believe that no one would attack your church with the vengeance they do now if you all were not so prideful,sarcastic,nasty.It was Clay that started this whole mess not us..so put the blame were it lays.Nick and I want no part of so call defending arrogance on this forum.When you behave as brats then expect to be corrected by others. when you behave as adults you maybe surprised on peoples response towards you. Also two wrongs never make a right.. Ever hear of that before?

Location hidden

#478172 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
Hermi said'
'.And I believe your church gets in trouble by its Scholastic background and its lack of humility in thinking it knows God's mind and can define the Eucharistic process.'
I think your both clueless, Jesus says 'this is my body'{that He gave on the cross for our sins) and we have together communion in that body because Jesus says so, no human has anything to do with this.
This is my body( the bread)and he breaks the bread and eats it...then he says,do this in remembrance of me.( not exact words)he was talking about communion.He died on the cross for our sins is correct..two different things..

Location hidden

#478173 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The teaching of the Church is one.
http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/euch2.ht...
1376 The Council of Trent summarizes the Catholic faith by declaring: "Because Christ our Redeemer said that it was truly his body that he was offering under the species of bread, it has always been the conviction of the Church of God, and this holy Council now declares again, that by the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation."
[204] 204 Council of Trent (1551): DS 1642; cf. Mt 26:26 ff.; Mk 14:22 ff.; Lk
22:19 ff.; 1 Cor 11:24 ff.
I didn't ask if the teaching of your church is one. I asked if YOU speak for all Catholic's?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478174 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its all in the link which makes the myths you perpetuated quite simple. For many Protestants they think indulgences is just about money buying salvation or forgiveness of sins. That is not the case at all. We shall all be purged. I did not say the Orthodox believe in it nor did I attack the Orthodox on the matter. You chose to attack ours in yet anohter geusture of respectful humility. There was never any specific time or exact amounts as you so arrogantly and sarcasticly put it with yet another respectful post full of humility. Again with the need to attack the church, but remain silent regardless of Protestants say. Your hypcocrisy runs deep.
==========

In post #478150 you stated

" The number of days which used to be attached to indulgences were references to the period of penance one might undergo during life on earth."

EWTN states

"The number of "days" that were attached to indulgences were not understood as shortening time in purgatory, but as EASING THE PURIFICATION AFTER DEATH by an amount analogous to the shortening of an earthly penitential period by the number of days indicated."

In other words indulgences didnt shorten "earthly time" but earthly time" was used as an analogy to help people understand that indulgences eased the purification by x quantitty.
So before we start talking about anything lets talk about why you jumping to mock me before you knew your own doctrine.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478175 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, you love to twist things around to jusify a continue attack with you being the victim. Please don't ever admit defeat. It just wouldn't be in your nature would it...learn the faults of your own church before attacking us......
I twisted nothing but your ugliness remains true. Admit defeat to what? LOL He came out with trash talking again. Show me where I attacked the Orthodox church. I merely cautioned assigning a place between heaven and Hell to Orthodox. That is an attack? LOL Then your jerk husband came out with all kinds of insulting commentary along with rubbish. Truly expected from loving humble people like yourself.

What I asked for was a straight answer not a bunch of mumbo jumbo. But I can assure you that if you go Orthodox forums you will find Orthodox who do not subscribe to consubstantiation nor will they call the Church arrogant for expressing transubstaniation. I have seen Orthodox priests argue for it. I have also seen them using the language of councils to back it up. Their may be a difference at when the change occurs and as I said it we accept that the Eucharist is a mystery but in faith accept it is the body blood soul and divinity of the Lord, but no it is not the standard Orthodox position to subscribe to Hermes view of Consubstantiation nor did many of the Eastern Fathers. In fact nothing was more unanimous than the Eucharist in the early church this attested to by Renowned Protestant Scholar JND Kelley.

Paul asked, "Is this not the body of Christ?" I wont argue about the semantics as long as its not a cracker snack or a symbolic geusture that need not be done or on occasion. Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is huge. He who eats my body and drinks my blood shall be raised up on the last day.

Ireaneus roundly decclared the Eucharist in very real terms. You have free will to believe what you wish. However not all Orthodox would agree with consubstantiation and neither do all Protestants.

Location hidden

#478176 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Having said absolutely nothing about indulgences and money the only reason you would reply with this is to confuse the issue.

Also. you did not say the Orthos believe in pyrgatory but in a mix of words including "major semantics" you muddle the issue to obscure the differences.All cheap tricks.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478177 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask if the teaching of your church is one. I asked if YOU speak for all Catholic's?
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty dispicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.

Sleep tight and know that you have been a good hypocrites yesterday into a new day. Its your Christian duty.

Location hidden

#478178 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I twisted nothing but your ugliness remains true. Admit defeat to what? LOL He came out with trash talking again. Show me where I attacked the Orthodox church. I merely cautioned assigning a place between heaven and Hell to Orthodox. That is an attack? LOL Then your jerk husband came out with all kinds of insulting commentary along with rubbish. Truly expected from loving humble people like yourself.
What I asked for was a straight answer not a bunch of mumbo jumbo. But I can assure you that if you go Orthodox forums you will find Orthodox who do not subscribe to consubstantiation nor will they call the Church arrogant for expressing transubstaniation. I have seen Orthodox priests argue for it. I have also seen them using the language of councils to back it up. Their may be a difference at when the change occurs and as I said it we accept that the Eucharist is a mystery but in faith accept it is the body blood soul and divinity of the Lord, but no it is not the standard Orthodox position to subscribe to Hermes view of Consubstantiation nor did many of the Eastern Fathers. In fact nothing was more unanimous than the Eucharist in the early church this attested to by Renowned Protestant Scholar JND Kelley.
Paul asked, "Is this not the body of Christ?" I wont argue about the semantics as long as its not a cracker snack or a symbolic geusture that need not be done or on occasion. Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is huge. He who eats my body and drinks my blood shall be raised up on the last day.
Ireaneus roundly decclared the Eucharist in very real terms. You have free will to believe what you wish. However not all Orthodox would agree with consubstantiation and neither do all Protestants.
I explained the Fathers' statements. I explained the mistranslation.I did not say every Orthodox believes the same. I explained the primary Orthodox position.You say no.Good for you. You do not attack the church???? You damage the church with your inaccuracies about its beliefs.It is more damaging to misrepresent a church's believes than, like the Protestants to say I dont believe that. You are more an enemy to the Orthodox Church than the Protestants. Major major disrespect.

Location hidden

#478179 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The only jerk is YOU!!! Stay a catholic it suits you!!!!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478180 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Having said absolutely nothing about indulgences and money the only reason you would reply with this is to confuse the issue.
Also. you did not say the Orthos believe in pyrgatory but in a mix of words including "major semantics" you muddle the issue to obscure the differences.All cheap tricks.
Whatever mudslinger. Its all in the link I gave you. You are correct I did not say the Orthodox believe in Purgatory basically cautionging not to assign the belief of an Orthdox to a place between heaven and hell as for what I perceived. I didnt attack the Orthodox. You felt the need though to personally insult attack and then post rubbish. Its your calling card being the humble loving respectful guy you are. lol Good stuff! The issue wasnt the Orthodox nor was it purgatory twisto. Thanks for boring me to sleep oh great one the voice of the Orthodox church.

Location hidden

#478181 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty dispicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.
Sleep tight and know that you have been a good hypocrites yesterday into a new day. Its your Christian duty.
Nick must really be getting to you for you have increased your insults towards us. Very christian of you. thank you Dusty...you are a perfect example of the True Church that Christ founded....I will sleep great tonight because I know who my friends are and I know those that loves. In turn, I know who my enemies are...I don't like your ways and I don't like what you represent here. And as I said before you are a very poor example for the catholic church.My husband the idiot as you call him is far from an idiot and graduated top of his class in collage.You will never be able to hold a candle to him for you lack the Love and compassion that nickie has.In fact you lack it as a human.

Location hidden

#478182 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever mudslinger. Its all in the link I gave you. You are correct I did not say the Orthodox believe in Purgatory basically cautionging not to assign the belief of an Orthdox to a place between heaven and hell as for what I perceived. I didnt attack the Orthodox. You felt the need though to personally insult attack and then post rubbish. Its your calling card being the humble loving respectful guy you are. lol Good stuff! The issue wasnt the Orthodox nor was it purgatory twisto. Thanks for boring me to sleep oh great one the voice of the Orthodox church.
Keep it up Gods watching....your the mudslinger here. grow up...nickie has not posted one personal insult to you...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478183 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact nothing was more unanimous than the Eucharist in the early church this attested to by Renowned Protestant Scholar JND Kelley.
He presided over the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Commission on Roman Catholic Relations from 1963 until 1968 and accompanied the archbishop, Michael Ramsey on his historic visit to Rome in 1966.

you many times in the past have tried to foster this catholic apologist off on the people here. he is not representative of Christianity, and certainly not of Protestant beliefs.

as marge has said, the Protestant view is what the Apostles taught, not what was changed many centuries later by the rcc.

for instance, when Jesus said this is my body, He is speaking Spiritually, not litteraly, SINCE HE HAD NOT YET BEEN CRUCIFIED, and therefore we then have no other alternative but to accept that He was speaking to them to [remember] that He was giving His body for their sins to be remitted.

NEXT TIME PLEASE USE A PROTESTANT TO GIVE A VIEWPOINT, NOT A CATHOLIC APOLOGIST SUCH AS KELLY WAS.

Location hidden

#478184 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty despicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.
Funny. I dont see any contemplative or rational thought or prose in this entire post.I note that you know what Orthodox believe but see no explanation or foundation for how you know this other than some magical universe that you inhabit. Your statements re Orthodoxy are shallow and do often come from Catholic sites because I have read them, cowboy.You offer standard pablum re how we are basically the same that the ecumenist have been selling and the Orthodox laity have been condemning for years. It wont work. The Orthodox people are not programmed.They will not just give up all those little semantic details that we consider our faith. So give it a break mi muchacho. You may be a king or queen in Topix but remember the people of Zorba's village await you if you try this weak insult nonthinking stuff in reality. By the way I do like you. Around the eyes you look a little like Barbra Streisamd.

Location hidden

#478185 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I explained the Fathers' statements. I explained the mistranslation.I did not say every Orthodox believes the same. I explained the primary Orthodox position.You say no.Good for you. You do not attack the church???? You damage the church with your inaccuracies about its beliefs.It is more damaging to misrepresent a church's believes than, like the Protestants to say I dont believe that. You are more an enemy to the Orthodox Church than the Protestants. Major major disrespect.
to bad that you weren't around when John was. the same arguments that you share with this jerk is what John also shared with her.

Location hidden

#478186 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The only jerk is YOU!!! Stay a catholic it suits you!!!!
brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.

in fact, the only person that agrees with her on everything is the Toms River person.

Location hidden

#478187 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
with your arrogance and attitude you wont find me support anything coming from you mouth. Or I should say fingers..lol....change your ways we don't need you...you need us!

Location hidden

#478188 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.
in fact, the only person that agrees with her on everything is the Toms River person.
that's cuz they all share the same DNA lol...

Location hidden

#478189 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.
yikes...she's a she??? I always thought it was a man!

Location hidden

#478190 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to bad that you weren't around when John was. the same arguments that you share with this jerk is what John also shared with her.
oh but we were told that John was buddies with the Catholic's here....is that true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine Eleven 15 min Joe Filipowski 149
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min MUQ1 262,066
The Many Secrets Of Kay Hagan...Lindsey Graham.... 18 min Maria 6
Enslaving Americans....October 27, 2014 20 min Maria 12
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 22 min Maria 26
Generalized NWO Rant with book references 27 min Netizen 29
Senator Kay Hagan, Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, A... 30 min Maria 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min dirty white boy- 753,498
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 602,758
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr bacon hater 96,408