Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658495 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478431 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, let's knock this off. None of us are building up any treasures here, including me. I think it'd be a good thing if we all took a step back, apologize for our offenses and make an attempt at civil discourse. I have a lot of down time in my business and enjoy spending it here, but I find this acrimony isn't helping me in my spiritual life, and I think we all need help in that area. If we're sincere in that respect, it'll benefit us all. Even though we disagree, we all profess to be Christians and know that this isn't what Christ asks of us.
You are right. Sorry Anthony

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478432 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, let's knock this off. None of us are building up any treasures here, including me. I think it'd be a good thing if we all took a step back, apologize for our offenses and make an attempt at civil discourse. I have a lot of down time in my business and enjoy spending it here, but I find this acrimony isn't helping me in my spiritual life, and I think we all need help in that area. If we're sincere in that respect, it'll benefit us all. Even though we disagree, we all profess to be Christians and know that this isn't what Christ asks of us.
you have a point...I believe you should also explain that to regina

Location hidden

#478433 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony, after the smoke clears will be glad to clarify what we mean as differences. Bad timimg right now. Thamx
U trust him? let him ask the expert here...he started this whole mess!!!

Location hidden

#478434 Sep 25, 2013
that was meant for clay not anthony

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478435 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of us have the originals. You're in the same boat NASL.
Very true, so stop touoting you have the "truth" when in fact, you really don't know if you do, but are going by men to beleive you have.

I don't.

Another big difference between you and I.

Which also shows that I don't limit "God" like you have, because I am willing to utilize all of Jesus' teachings, but you won't, becaus eyou would rather believe men over "God's inspiration of others".

You position is falling apart.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478436 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Another helpful post by BT42 - worth posting a second time.
Thanks BT42!
YW NASL. It seems there is a lot of errant dissemination going on here. I thought I might help clean it up a bit....of course, I may get "banned" for the effort.

Albuquerque, NM

#478437 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of us have the originals. You're in the same boat NASL.
BTW - are you psychic? You never answered this.

You seem to believe you know what I believe. If you are psychic, then I may believe you do.

Well?

Albuquerque, NM

#478438 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>LOL
I thought I woudl give you something to smile about - you seemed like it was needed.

Glad you found the humor I put forth.

Peace and light!

:o)

Location hidden

#478439 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>==========
The first Christian Church was founded in 33AD in Jerusalem immediately following the Resurrection and Ascension of Christ .
This Church despite the persecutions of the apostles and the internal strife between the Hellenists and the Jewish Christians gradually grew larger and in a short time was recognized by all the Christians as the Mother of all the Churches.
The Christian community in Jerusalem, where Jesus, many of the twelve Apostles and many eye-witnesses originally lived, had a special position among Christian communities.
Jewish Christians were among the earliest followers of Jesus and an important part of Judean society during the mid to late 1st Century. This movement was centered around JERUSALEM and led by JAMES THE JUST
The first Council was held in Jerusalem. In or around the year 50, the apostles convened the first church council, known as the Council of Jerusalem.
The heart of the Jesus movement was Jerusalem until a few years before the destruction of the Temple in 70 ce.
Once the temple was destroyed its anchor to the Jewish culture severed and it began its transition from a Jewish movement to a new universal religion anchored not to a culture, but to a doctrinal system.
The events of A.D. 60-70 must inevitably have transformed the Christian Church. With the great leaders of the first generation for the most part dead or in extreme old age, and Jerusalem in ruins, the Judaean church ceased to occupy the centre of the stage, and the new and by now overwhelmingly Gentile churches entered upon a period of consolidation and further expansion in which guidance and authority had to be sought elsewhere.
It appears that the first stop for the leadership of the JESUS movement after it left JERUSALEM was 1 PELLA; and from there it shifted to 2 ANTIOCH.
After Stephen's martyrdom in Jerusalem A.D. 165, some of the disciples scattered to Antioch and started preaching to the Greeks. When the Christians in Jerusalem heard that many people in Antioch were becoming believers in Christ, they sent Barnabas there, who in turn brought Paul, to help the new converts (Acts 11:19-26). The Christian population at Antioch was estimated by Chrysostom at about 100,000 people at the time of Theodosius I.
Within a few years significant groups also existed in Rome and Alexandria.
In the 4TH Century Rome would become the dominant center with the help of the Constantine, emperor of the Roman Empire.
The difficulty was that in the fourth century Jerusalem was just a small town, very remote, not much going for it apart from the fact of its historical origins and so on and, therefore, giving it a status equal to the other great cities of the Roman Empire would put a terrible financial burden on the church.
Rome was the most important city in the world at the time of Paul. It had a vast army.That army controlled all the countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. So the rulers of Rome were extremely powerful and wealthy. They employed many people. Many slaves had to work in Rome. And Rome was also an important city for trade.
Ok Hermie. Thanks for the "detail" I knew I was close just off the top of my head.
So now...where was the cathaholic church when all this was taking place ...seeing it is the "only" true church?
Seems something is amiss here huh? It appears they were about 300 years late for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
I don't know if I could hold them scissors that long, just so they could make a fallacious claim.
Oh, BTW Paul didn't show up until afterwards either...and shaved his head to please the Hebrew screwballs in town...going against the "Roman" tradition.... and Peter wouldn't even eat with the "heathens"...in case ya didn't know. That's a whole nuther tidbit the cathaholics would rather never be mentioned.

Location hidden

#478440 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Hermie. Thanks for the "detail" I knew I was close just off the top of my head.
So now...where was the cathaholic church when all this was taking place ...seeing it is the "only" true church?
Seems something is amiss here huh? It appears they were about 300 years late for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
I don't know if I could hold them scissors that long, just so they could make a fallacious claim.
Oh, BTW Paul didn't show up until afterwards either...and shaved his head to please the Hebrew screwballs in town...going against the "Roman" tradition.... and Peter wouldn't even eat with the "heathens"...in case ya didn't know. That's a whole nuther tidbit the cathaholics would rather never be mentioned.
and this has been the orthodox claim from the very beginning....

Location hidden

#478441 Sep 25, 2013
Oh, and I almost forgot. From the rumors I heard...
The place was a little messy when Paul got there for the first time. I jist know it would'a been so much cleaner if the Regina Vacuum had been invented back then...ya know how good it is at sucking up dirt an all.

Location hidden

#478442 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt you could go back and find many episodes of heated exchanges. In fact, I believe you probably will. I'm not sure what that will show ... The only way to get an idea is to read them all, not pick a few ugly ones out.
I am looking for THE post where John said that NOT ONE CATHOLIC TOOK UP FOR HIM WHEN MARY HAMMOND ACTED SMART TOWARDS HIM, EXCEPT ME.

Location hidden

#478443 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and this has been the orthodox claim from the very beginning....
Oh NO!
Ya mean I done let the cat out'a the hat with the facts ta back it up too?
OMG! I'm gonna haf'ta hide fer sure now. The Jesuit $$ has been after me fer years...now the whole danged army will be on the trail!
Yer jist gonna have ta hide me (right behind the still would be a good place) now!
They might ketch up with me, but I won't give a hoot when they do!
Fergit the "corks" too...I won't have time ta pull 'em all out!
In fact, jist fergit the "jugs" too!
I'm tell'n ya... this crister religion stuff is gonna be the death o' me sis! I wish I could'a jist stayed in Lemuria...land o' truth.

Location hidden

#478444 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>is there a way for u to email this to me I?
I think that you can just put the number in the box.130823. I have went many pages past this post about John

Location hidden

#478445 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you can just put the number in the box.130823. I have went many pages past this post about John
Listen Cowboy...All joking aside... John and had quite a debate some time ago... maybe a year or two ago...are you saying he is passed on? That is the impression I am getting here.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478446 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Oh, and I almost forgot. From the rumors I heard...
The place was a little messy when Paul got there for the first time. I jist know it would'a been so much cleaner if the Regina Vacuum had been invented back then...ya know how good it is at sucking up dirt an all.
Treating us to more of your autobiography, I see.

You're nothing more than a two bit punk with a number of loose screws.

There was a time when those on this board wouldn't tolerate your kind. Now, with this new element here, you're actually encouraged. Says a lot about them, as well.

Location hidden

#478448 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when those on this board wouldn't tolerate your kind. Now, with this new element here, you're actually encouraged. Says a lot about them, as well.
I think he likes you.....lol

Location hidden

#478449 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever stop to think that maybe its YOU that's the problem...not us...its your sarcastic mouth that is encouraging him...
Why me

Ardsley, NY

#478450 Sep 25, 2013
With all due respect Seraphima,you are being very disrespectful. If you have such issues with someone,please refrain from publicly causing dissention. It only makes you look bad. Grow up and ignore someone who irks you so.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478451 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I think he likes you.....lol
Yes, I noticed him 'liking' Dust Storm and GIF this morning, too. At least they had the decency to tell him off. No one used to stand for that until recently, no matter who it was directed at. Everybody used to speak up. Not anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 70,378
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Peter Ross 445,519
Breaking The KING JAMES BIBLE (KJV) CODE 12 min Gill Noggin 3
Ben rice 17 min question 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min New Age Spiritual... 974,669
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 54 min ImFree2Choose 3,008
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 183,449
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 282,915
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,946
More from around the web