Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691923 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478440 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Hermie. Thanks for the "detail" I knew I was close just off the top of my head.
So now...where was the cathaholic church when all this was taking place ...seeing it is the "only" true church?
Seems something is amiss here huh? It appears they were about 300 years late for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
I don't know if I could hold them scissors that long, just so they could make a fallacious claim.
Oh, BTW Paul didn't show up until afterwards either...and shaved his head to please the Hebrew screwballs in town...going against the "Roman" tradition.... and Peter wouldn't even eat with the "heathens"...in case ya didn't know. That's a whole nuther tidbit the cathaholics would rather never be mentioned.
and this has been the orthodox claim from the very beginning....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478441 Sep 25, 2013
Oh, and I almost forgot. From the rumors I heard...
The place was a little messy when Paul got there for the first time. I jist know it would'a been so much cleaner if the Regina Vacuum had been invented back then...ya know how good it is at sucking up dirt an all.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478442 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt you could go back and find many episodes of heated exchanges. In fact, I believe you probably will. I'm not sure what that will show ... The only way to get an idea is to read them all, not pick a few ugly ones out.
I am looking for THE post where John said that NOT ONE CATHOLIC TOOK UP FOR HIM WHEN MARY HAMMOND ACTED SMART TOWARDS HIM, EXCEPT ME.

Location hidden

#478443 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and this has been the orthodox claim from the very beginning....
Oh NO!
Ya mean I done let the cat out'a the hat with the facts ta back it up too?
OMG! I'm gonna haf'ta hide fer sure now. The Jesuit $$ has been after me fer years...now the whole danged army will be on the trail!
Yer jist gonna have ta hide me (right behind the still would be a good place) now!
They might ketch up with me, but I won't give a hoot when they do!
Fergit the "corks" too...I won't have time ta pull 'em all out!
In fact, jist fergit the "jugs" too!
I'm tell'n ya... this crister religion stuff is gonna be the death o' me sis! I wish I could'a jist stayed in Lemuria...land o' truth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478444 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>is there a way for u to email this to me I?
I think that you can just put the number in the box.130823. I have went many pages past this post about John

Location hidden

#478445 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you can just put the number in the box.130823. I have went many pages past this post about John
Listen Cowboy...All joking aside... John and had quite a debate some time ago... maybe a year or two ago...are you saying he is passed on? That is the impression I am getting here.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478446 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Oh, and I almost forgot. From the rumors I heard...
The place was a little messy when Paul got there for the first time. I jist know it would'a been so much cleaner if the Regina Vacuum had been invented back then...ya know how good it is at sucking up dirt an all.
Treating us to more of your autobiography, I see.

You're nothing more than a two bit punk with a number of loose screws.

There was a time when those on this board wouldn't tolerate your kind. Now, with this new element here, you're actually encouraged. Says a lot about them, as well.

Location hidden

#478448 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when those on this board wouldn't tolerate your kind. Now, with this new element here, you're actually encouraged. Says a lot about them, as well.
I think he likes you.....lol

Location hidden

#478449 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever stop to think that maybe its YOU that's the problem...not us...its your sarcastic mouth that is encouraging him...
Why me

Ardsley, NY

#478450 Sep 25, 2013
With all due respect Seraphima,you are being very disrespectful. If you have such issues with someone,please refrain from publicly causing dissention. It only makes you look bad. Grow up and ignore someone who irks you so.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478451 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I think he likes you.....lol
Yes, I noticed him 'liking' Dust Storm and GIF this morning, too. At least they had the decency to tell him off. No one used to stand for that until recently, no matter who it was directed at. Everybody used to speak up. Not anymore.

Location hidden

#478452 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I noticed him 'liking' Dust Storm and GIF this morning, too. At least they had the decency to tell him off. No one used to stand for that until recently, no matter who it was directed at. Everybody used to speak up. Not anymore.
But its ok for you to do it rightZ?

Location hidden

#478453 Sep 25, 2013
Why me wrote:
With all due respect Seraphima,you are being very disrespectful. If you have such issues with someone,please refrain from publicly causing dissention. It only makes you look bad. Grow up and ignore someone who irks you so.
You telling the wrong person that....I didn't start this mess....

Location hidden

#478454 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
My kind? You mean one who prefers actuality and honesty?
I can understand why "your kind" don't want me here.
You are nothing but a two bit punk with a number of loose screws.

Location hidden

#478455 Sep 25, 2013
Why me wrote:
Perhaps you might remind The Regina Vacuum cleaner while you are at it HUH?
You are NOT exercising "all due respect" here at all are you bigot.

Location hidden

#478456 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly pervert. Duststorm is nothing more than a hateful troll, and GIF didn't have the sense to mind his own business.
Neither "told me off" Mrs Vacuum. It was more the other way around. The world doesn't have to stand for your prejudiced, hateful garbage any more, and I am here to show you what your hateful rhetoric will bring you in reward for it. Get used to it...You no longer have free reign over the world population. We do not have to take it, and we will no longer be subject to your hateful rhetoric any longer.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478457 Sep 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Rosie that's what I've been trying to say, The Word is the authority, it says what it says unfiltered and always will, they can't hear it or perceive it is the problem, they go by what they are told without being born-anew so they can hear and see and be under the authority of Scripture for themselves. We just have to pray for them. Love you grammy.
GOD BLESS you .

Everything has a NAME people ,can use,it or slam it ..

The words of scripture are either real or made up.

If real they came from the writers,..if fakes ..we are all in trouble ..

What's,scary is,Catholics putting them down as IF THEY ARE,JUST SOMETHING ON PAPER ..not real..

I'd rather trust the written word of the authors than generations of dogma,from tradition..whatever that may be .

Tradition of WHO with a throne ..a ring to be kissed by KINGS counting on the PAPACY to claim them legitimate .

DID JESUS,TELL THEM this is,what HIS,CHURCH was,to be .as,He preached to the masses,...be kingmaker PETER ..allow anything In my Name ..I don't think so..
THeY have said our not using them to read God's,Word is evil ..inspired

However ..I still believe God used CATHOLICS AND EVANGELICAL NON CATHOLICS to get HIS,WORDS TO THE PEOPLE THEY WERE MEANT FOR ..

Catholics think their age gives them more credibility...we're not hos,called Orhodox around also .

AGAIN ..are they JOHNS words ..or some phony made up things,...

Because our bible of his words is he same as theirs,...,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478458 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I came on this forum hopeing to meet people with the same interest as me. The I saw the trash you catholics were throwing around..I look in the mirro hojo and I see a good person and an honest person.The CHURCH HISTORY IS THE HISTORY OF THE TRUTH. YOUR CHURCH STARTED IN 1054 AND IS not the true church...common sense will tell you that...AND I DONT QUOTE THIS EVERY CHANCE IT GET.unlike you and your spaming of THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...ONE TRUE CHURCH...2000 YEARS...CHRIST FOUNDED...garbage and and the name calling and personal attacks...you and your buddies throw your personal attacks at nick and me expect an attack on your church by us.....I refuse to lower my self to your standards and use personal attacks...got that hobo..
If by meeting people of the same interest

You mean people who love Jesus,as their Lord,And Saviour ..You have many like minded friends,here ..You and Nick :)
Human Being

Elton, LA

#478459 Sep 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS you .
Everything has a NAME people ,can use,it or slam it ..
The words of scripture are either real or made up.
If real they came from the writers,..if fakes ..we are all in trouble ..
What's,scary is,Catholics putting them down as IF THEY ARE,JUST SOMETHING ON PAPER ..not real..
I'd rather trust the written word of the authors than generations of dogma,from tradition..whatever that may be .
Tradition of WHO with a throne ..a ring to be kissed by KINGS counting on the PAPACY to claim them legitimate .
DID JESUS,TELL THEM this is,what HIS,CHURCH was,to be .as,He preached to the masses,...be kingmaker PETER ..allow anything In my Name ..I don't think so..
THeY have said our not using them to read God's,Word is evil ..inspired
However ..I still believe God used CATHOLICS AND EVANGELICAL NON CATHOLICS to get HIS,WORDS TO THE PEOPLE THEY WERE MEANT FOR ..
Catholics think their age gives them more credibility...we're not hos,called Orhodox around also .
AGAIN ..are they JOHNS words ..or some phony made up things,...
Because our bible of his words is he same as theirs,...,
RoSesz

Peace

Being both Catholic and Protestant is not a hard thing, when a person is a Christian.

The difficulty arises mostly in the doctrine.

The RCC being around, has a lot of history, and writings, which tends to need redefining to keep up with the age. So amassing such a large amount is very complex to deal with.

The Protestant areas are trying to keep up, and generally try and contrast their doctrines against a given(for the most part in the beginning it was the RCC, but more so now, against each other). Thus one amasses all Protestantism, it too becomes very complex to deal with.

There is always a group within each that wants to keep things simple. So it is better just to be a Christian, and lead a good life, than get to involved with doctrinal details.

Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478460 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>oh but we were told that John was buddies with the Catholic's here....is that true?
For eBay it's,worth I wash here much..But Johns,posts,gave Mr some insight ..as,you guys,do when you speak of your Church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Aura Mytha 45,780
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 8 min Johnny Hitler 395
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Exposing Devil Lies 990,687
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr --IslandGurL-- 4,394
"Come on in the house,A.C. We wanna talk to O.J." 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Eagle 12 - 6,700
Mista Shrink Doo Doo Bwain! 7 hr Doctor REALITY 3
More from around the web