Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650176 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478387 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when the pope of Rome was within the Church and subject to the Church. But those were the good old days when the Roman Catholic Church was not schismatic.
There is no "Baptism of Desire". As I said that was a legalistic response to what happened to the wise Thief.
That doesn't negate the necessity of Baptism, but as often happened with some Roman Catholic ideas the "solution" does do exactly what it was meant to correct. If a family that was to be Baptized that day was killed in a car accident on their way to church you would say that they were "baptized of desire" since they desired it but never made it. However the Fathers taught exactly the opposite.
Martyrdom or Baptism by Blood is somewhat different and was accepted by the early Church.
I agree wholeheartedly with John W re the legalism of the Catholic Church, something that Regina denied when brought this up

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478388 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't waste my time "discussing, deliberating and debating" Catholic Church doctrine, along with biblical interpretation of the Sacred Scripture,and historical and Catholic traditional TRUTH that has been authenticated, proven, verified and remain the same for over 2000 years.......My time is "not wasted" in defending and speaking the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION regarding Jesus Christ and HIS historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH One TRUE Catholic Church!!...... That is only reason that I am here------to reject the "non-catholic" heresy, lies and distortions of the TRUTH that have "corrupted" those vindictive, hostile and hatefilled bible only Protestants that "CANNOT EXIST" on their own non-catholic beliefs without "spitefully attacking" Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
That is because you would get bitch-slapped by the priest if you started to pull up your pants.

:o)

You really do sound like you have been "owned".

Bummer for you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478389 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"And whats her face"???
More Christian humility and respect from you.
You're not hurting me, sera, but you are saying far more about yourself than about me.
Do continue to exhibit your hatred. I'm not the only one who reads this board.
I don't hate you I feel sorry for you....what goes around comes around in time...we all reap what we sow...we all have to answer to God in time...I am not trying to hurt you...you do a good job of it yourself.At least all that read this forum knows I don't lie..

Location hidden

#478390 Sep 25, 2013
john telling Karen that she isn't Saved.

John from NJ

Since: May 08

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:

<quoted text>
Afraid of facing the truth?????
I believe what the Holy Word say's.
As far as denigrating what you believe,I am not.
I have been defending my faith.
You are the one that keeps telling me that I am not in the church.
That is denigrating my beliefs.
I believe that it's the Lords place to say who is in the church.
Not your place.
Believe what you want John.
Blessings.
The truth is that you follow Baptist TRADITION.

You refuse to accept that. But you do.

As for you not being in the Church, you are not. Sorry. You don't have the Apostolic Faith and you are not in communion with the Church. All the promises that were made to the Church were made to the Church, not anyone and everyone.

That is simply a fact.

Now God is merciful and He may still save you but he doesn't have to. I hope He does but He is free to do as He wants.

Location hidden

#478391 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear. NO....I did not claim to have the phone records. You obviously didn't read my post or else have some other problem.
You're too caught up in yourselves. There are other people in the world, you know. I really am sorry for you, truly.
Well, enough of your nonsense.
Your a joke and a lier..all the sarcastic remarks you make towards me is your self and you low self esteem of YOU....get a grip on the real world and not the computer world

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478392 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>So you all can read minds,hearts, and souls. Are you sure you are Catholic and not a member of Dionne Warwick's Psychic Network???
Well, I betch'a Benny Hinn would hire each and every one of 'em! Ther all good at push'n folks over.

Location hidden

#478393 Sep 25, 2013
his is the john thqt we loved, eager to ell us that we aren't Saved.
Full of Love

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
It is a fact, you have Tradition, Baptist Tradition.
Afraid of facing the truth, I guess.
Just remember the next time that you denigrate Holy Tradition that you are being very hypocritical.
For you follow Baptist Tradition.
If only you were honest enough to recognize it for what it is.

Not your place.

Albuquerque, NM

#478394 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We both have the same problem, we believe men. I believe the men who were taught by Christ and those they appointed. You believe the men who rejected what those men said. Seriously dude, quit freaking out about it.
Still incorrect Anthony.

I don't believe men. Especially those who lived 2000 years ago, and everything they supposedly said is only from the 4th C.

Yes Anthony - there are no exisiting NT texts earlier than the 4th C. whether you think there is or not, is really irrelevant.

You are also incorrect with your statement here:
"You believe the men who rejected what those men said."
- HUH? I'll utilize the Apostles that were taught by Jesus and you now say I reject them?

You are confused and blatantly showing your arrogance, with you thinking you know what I believe and don't.

Are you psychic?

Location hidden

#478395 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
whaaa whooo I am in need of a new vacume for my shed out back....lol
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478396 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
More heartfelt sincerity from you, I see. Now I understand why they....yes, why they, indeed. Thanks for proving me right.
What a filthy mouth you have. Seems I'm not the first one to tell you that today. You two have a nice time cuddling up, now.
Thanks, again!!

Albuquerque, NM

#478397 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know who's behind that deception, don't we? It's pretty obvious, as are they.
Jesus is behind my posts.

Who's "behind that deception" that you think you know is?

Please post, I'm dying to find out!!

*sighs*

I'll pray for you to receive the truth.

Father of everyone, please give Regina the power to seek you in truth and not throught he precepts of men.

Amen.

Location hidden

#478398 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and
if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??
You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.
But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.
Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.
Pure and simple.
Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.
That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.
And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".
well number one...the orthodox church is the the subject of this forum and 2...nick and I seem to be the only orthodox here and we don't brag about the churches position because that is not what is suppose to be done....Pride remember...now when it comes to defending our beliefs .....you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it...GOT IT OR IS THIS ABOUVE YOUR HEAD!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478399 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are not the victim here....you were never the friend you claimed to be.If indeed this is all my fault then why are you not more concerned about making a mends if you truly believe that I am in the wrong than why do you only spend more time defend yourselve than trying to make me believe that it is a mistake on my part...Why? I will tell you why....BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIAR....WHY... BECAUSE OF PRIDE....Why would I abandon you as my friend if indeed you were there to comfort me while nick was dieing? Does that make sense to you? I am a compassionate person ,,,But Lies I wont tolerate......by pass us and we will by pass u...
No.

I am not lying.

It was you who denied what actually happened. Not I.

This is not a game. You have sought to smear me on this forum. What you've done is sinful and you're persisting in it. Now you have your friends making lewd and disgusting comments to me.

I refuse to argue with you any longer. You are in the wrong on this. I am not. That's all there is to it. Now take it to your filthy mouthed friends because I have no use for it or you. You have my pity. I'm finished here.

Location hidden

#478401 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and
if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??
You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.
But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.
Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.
Pure and simple.
Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.
That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.
And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".
Regina
When you quoted the link why did you leave out the rest of the quote, ie

Fr. Seraphim answered as follows:

I was happy to receive your letter—happy not because you are confused about the question that troubles you, but because your attitude reveals that in the truth of Orthodoxy to which you are drawn you wish to find room also for a loving, compassionate attitude to those outside the Orthodox Faith.

I firmly believe that this is indeed what Orthodoxy teaches….

I will set forth briefly what I believe to be the Orthodox attitude towards non-Orthodox Christians.

1. Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense). The Orthodox Church alone is the Body of Christ, and if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!

2. However, it is not for us to define the state of those who are outside the Orthodox Church. If God wishes to grant salvation to some who are Christians in the best way they know, but without ever knowing the Orthodox Church—that is up to Him, not us. But when He does this, it is outside the normal way that He established for salvation—which is in the Church, as a part of the Body of Christ. I myself can accept the experience of Protestants being ‘born-again’ in Christ; I have met people who have changed their lives entirely through meeting Christ, and I cannot deny their experience just because they are not Orthodox.

Location hidden

#478402 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
More heartfelt sincerity from you, I see. Now I understand why they....yes, why they, indeed. Thanks for proving me right.
What a filthy mouth you have. Seems I'm not the first one to tell you that today. You two have a nice time cuddling up, now.
Thanks, again!!
CUDDLING UP?...I bet that's something you haven't done in a long time....

Location hidden

#478403 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is behind my posts.
Who's "behind that deception" that you think you know is?
Please post, I'm dying to find out!!
*sighs*
I'll pray for you to receive the truth.
Father of everyone, please give Regina the power to seek you in truth and not throught he precepts of men.
Amen.
she is talking about the devil being behind nick and my post.....

Location hidden

#478404 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
john telling Karen that she isn't Saved.
John from NJ
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010
Judged:
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Not your place.
Believe what you want John.
Blessings.
The truth is that you follow Baptist TRADITION.
You refuse to accept that. But you do.
As for you not being in the Church, you are not. Sorry. You don't have the Apostolic Faith and you are not in communion with the Church. All the promises that were made to the Church were made to the Church, not anyone and everyone.
That is simply a fact.
Now God is merciful and He may still save you but he doesn't have to. I hope He does but He is free to do as He wants.
Yes!!!!!!! Thank you Preston

Location hidden

#478405 Sep 25, 2013
John from NJ

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

Mark wrote:

<quoted text>Ok John, I thought we both were in schism. I don't know alot about this but my understanding was over the definition of Peter being equal to other Apostles or on the same level, I know this is an overly simplified example. And I understand both sides excommunicated each other.
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2006/0601fea ...
You continue to refer to a statement being put out of both East and West. Is ecumenism close?

The person I replied to, "Catholic Patriot" is one of the few idiot Roman Catholics who come here. I have little patience with fools and he is one of them. I still remember him saying that the Greeks translated the Vulgate into Greek to get the New Testament. So I like to poke a stick when he goes off with some of his nonsense.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478406 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, again!!
There's nothing filthy in that post at all...do you want to hear "filthy"?
Your "name" is "filth"
Own it sister.
Clay

United States

#478407 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No we do not confess our sins to a priest. a priest stand besides us as we confess to God....proud of your self for starting this mess...just wondering....you have evil intentions and so doesn't dusty hojo and whats her face....
Your priest is functioning in the same capacity as mine, regardless of where you're standing. Sera, I'm certain your sacrament of Confession is the same. It looks like I have to ask an Orthodox myself now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 32 min Aussie Kev 2,322
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 56,123
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 4 hr Johnny 507
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 439
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web