Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,232
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478083 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You speak from the heart and that is what counts.We know that your intentions are meant and we feel that. "heathen" protestant catholic etc. faith does not matter.it is the love and respect is what we go by..Thank you "heathen" friend..lol
You are welcome...no "thanks" is really needed.

Location hidden

#478084 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it!!!
NASL was wrong.
I disagree.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#478085 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought there was so much hatred for the Church that Jesus started, the Catholic Church until I came to this board.
We only defend and correct false statement.
I first notice it when the pope came to the U S of A.
I also see a lot of arguments between fellow protestants. But mostly anti-Catholic posts.
Lord have mercy.
I don't for the umpteenth time hate your Church

GOD HAS USED CATHOLIC AND NON CATHOLIC TO PRESERVE AND DOREAD HIS,GOSPEL ...

Location hidden

#478086 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
SORRY
GOD SPEAKS TO US through the Gospels and,THROUGH THE SPIRIT
The "gospels" are men's writings...so any "revelation" is by and through "tainted" "men". If you want anyone to understand your perception of "spirit" you will have to explain(explicitly) your "perception" of "spirit". I, for one, see it as an obfuscation of a person's perception of a belief based in unreality....one which is used by the perpetrator for the very reason of not having to explain the absurdity of such an unrealistic belief.
I am simply explaining my observation here.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#478087 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the first century, tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with over a billion members: one seventh of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Thanks be to God!!!
FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH
If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.
The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)
Jesus established only ONE Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.
His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).
You are calling your pope a liar....ah love it!!!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible says:
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built...

The Catholic Church is the largest denomination in the USA...Christ built not any denomination...period...

Location hidden

#478088 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Sola scripture doesn't exist. Its not the will of Jesus Christ. That's the whole point I was trying to make. I used the argument on the development of the Bible to show you how Protestantism immediately started out wrong.
If acting on the very words of your "christ" is anywhere relevant, your entire organization of catholicism, and it's actions throughout history is "wrong" according to the written words of "men"...or, you christ was a liar....or your church is a liar...

Which is it?
Take your time ... think about your reply...you have no just reply that makes any rational argument to any part or parcel regarding the history of humanity for the last 2000 years.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478089 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the first century, tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with over a billion members: one seventh of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Thanks be to God!!!
FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH
If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.
The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)
Jesus established only ONE Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.
His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).
THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

#478090 Sep 24, 2013
RESPONSE

THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY IT DOES

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478091 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus didn't start your church. he never would have approved of such EVIL!!!!
This must be one of those nonjudgental posts and respectful non personal attacks that you oft claim you never have done. Eureka!

God knows your heart, yes he does and so do we. I truly am sorry that you have so much hatred and bitterness in you. Rather than seek to attack the Orthodox or rather your views of Orthodoxy. I continue to hope and pray that those who seek the truth in charity continue to come together and work to resolve misunderstanding and work together to promote Christ and seek common values and beliefs rather than dig for differences out of spite with contempt.
Clay

United States

#478092 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT to sow discord between Hermi and I...
this is what God says about such actions
Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and
-->he that soweth discord among brethren.
Show me where I used a lying tongue (pro 6:17). Show me where I used 'wicked imaginations' in my post (pro 6:18). Where did I give false witness and 'speaketh lies'?(pro 6:19)

Don't manipulate sacred scripture for your own agenda. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of you two. If I stated a lie, present it and I'll apologize.

Nick believes the bread becomes the actual flesh of the Lord upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. You believe he is goin to eternal damnation for idolatry as a result.

So instead of trying to appear all cozy in order to mock my posts (which is what you two were doing) why don't you be a man and help him out before he - according to you- will lose his soul.
Why? Cuz you're a phony who's more concerned about your hatred for the Catholic Church. You'll ally with someone you believe is an idolator to advance your hatred.
Sowing discord am I? Or pointing out the discord?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478093 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So he didn't make any of us because we are all sinners??
Now hurry and run to dear hubby for help.:-D
In case you missed it.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/507...
----Britannica.com
The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of centuries it developed a highly sophisticated theology and an elaborate organizational structure headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.
++++++++++
The number of Roman Catholics in the world (nearly 1.2 billion) is greater than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman Catholics than all Buddhists or
Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of
***Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Sh&#299;&#703;ite and
Sunni Islam.
These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith. Without a grasp of what Roman Catholicism is, it is difficult to make historical sense of the Middle Ages, intellectual sense of the works of Thomas Aquinas, literary sense of The Divine Comedy of Dante, artistic sense of the Gothic cathedrals, or musical sense of many of the compositions of Haydn and Mozart.
“The Encyclopedia Britannica is published with the editorial advice of the faculties of the
University of Chicago,
University of Oxford, Cambridge, London and Edinburgh:
a committee at the University of Toronto and
committees drawn from members of the faculties of the University of Tokyo and
The Australian National University”
I DONT run to my hubby for help. this is a public forum and he is entitled to respond to ANY POST he wishes..Are You jealous of the relationship that Nick and I have???? you must be or you wouldn't mention it...

#478094 Sep 24, 2013
RESPONSE
THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY IT DOES
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL HUMBEING UPON THE EARTH..

HAVE THE RIGHT TO

FOLLOW JESUS

WHO SAID

Mat_10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat_24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar_13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

JESUS SAID

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..
Clay

United States

#478095 Sep 24, 2013
RESPONSE
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?

#478096 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
ALL HUMAN BEING UPON THE EARTH..
HAVE THE RIGHT TO
FOLLOW JESUS
WHO SAID
Mat_10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mar_13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
JESUS SAID
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
~~~

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CANNOT STEAL THE SON SHIP FROM THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THE NAME OF JESUS,...
truth

Perth, Australia

#478097 Sep 24, 2013
it is written
From beginning tribe against tribe people against people as well nation against nation.

'desire within humans is to have'

Deceivers and possessors perfectly describe in scripture.
-To be tempted and act of defenders how in Heaven it is on Earth, its written.

Human weakness and error your Creator know others simply play and try let down.

Without any war we have on Earth another much more worse things as peaceful way.
Production where every river and sweet water become polluted as well re-genetic structure food medicine cloth and so on which go fast and under force as never before.
Pattern weather start changing too but many know trough science and knowledge how play even that big game.
Effect of living have impact on everyone.

We been teach to be protective.
Today is deference humans as well alive animals fish and so on become prime target as investment for money.

Location hidden

#478098 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.
wrong...and again you take the actions for speaking for nick and me.....you haven't a clue and your actions on this forum would turn anyone against the catholic church.You and your buddies are too prideful to see your misgivings..you started an argument and now are trying to" deflect it"
Clay

United States

#478099 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
ALL HUMBEING UPON THE EARTH..
HAVE THE RIGHT TO
FOLLOW JESUS
WHO SAID
JESUS SAID
The Roman Catholic Religious Society??? Lol is that what you guy are naming us now? That sounds like a fraternity. Lol.

The Church is the Church. Throw whatever adjective you want.. Its just your man made opinion anyway.

#478100 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

GET BEHIND ME SATAN...I AM NOT BEHOLDING TO YOU OR YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY FOR MY ETERNAL LIFE...

Location hidden

#478101 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.
I have nothing in common with the Catholic's in this forum THANK GOD!!!!!stay a catholic because you will never understand where nick and I are coming from. All you see is fight and defend.....you cant see love, humility....
truth

Perth, Australia

#478102 Sep 24, 2013
On peaceful way we have destruction within human
body as structure which others very well used and on very peaceful way misused.
'weed seed and good seed'
Scripture describe Jesus Christ words is perfect.

We speak about addictions too.

Many preechers and priest say error or sin go out from mouth.

I say to you its going inside too much more fast then out.
Every Spirit is not holy..possession is part of many organization.
-there is a very low organization
-there is a very high organization
For general destruction of life and health which try ruin every person and every family.

Many organization don't liked see challenge of them for beneficiary of others on huge scale.
Elimination is become prime to become target but defended of themself attacking others.
Misleading and set up with many documents on nice way is not better then someone become very laud
shouting against all of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Bongo 749,825
Your Body Deserves More - Dubai Massage Service 16 min AsianStarMassage 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Insults Are Easier 229,855
Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated On American PPL 39 min Publc Enemy Num 1 1
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 40 min ffort 116
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 43 min ChromiuMan 5,412
how to make cool cash online from www.spaceload... 45 min spaceloaded 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 261,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr mike 602,101
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 10 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE