Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
461,441 - 461,460 of 532,475 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to say it's,partly true ..But a,good deal of posts,I'm looking at are,addressed to me ...And some are insulting ..personally
And I came back on this board ..I never realized how,far apart Catholics and non CATHOLICS are,...And a lot of it comes,from
as,I see,it ..."I'm a more holy person that you because if my Church""
You can't be right your not ......
WE ARE,BETTER CHRISTIAN THAN YOU ARE,
MY CHURCH IS,OLDER. BETTER ...
We have the,Pope ..You just read scripture
It's or scripture
Things,like that ..
Even down to personal insults ...
And anyone reading our posts who does,not believe but is curious will see us,all as poor examples of Christ ...IMO
WE LOVE AND PROFESS THE SAME JESUS,CHRIST ..I.HOPE
I hope so too.

One thing you have never seen is a Catholic telling a protestant they are going to hell because they're protestant. I've been told that by most of the old timers here many times.

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making things up New Age of which you and other Protestants have "become experts"!!........ The Catholic Church has "NEVER" changed its doctrine, since Jesus established HIS 1st Church at Antioch, in 33 AD to the Martrydom of St. Peter in 67AD, to martyrdom of Ignatius of Antioch in 107AD, to Polycarp in 155AD to St Justin in 165AD, Tertullion 202,St Cypian 258, St Basil in 379 up to the Canon of Sacred Scripture formed by the early Church Fathers and the Council of Trent who "officially listed the inspired books of the Bible in 397AD.AGAIN ---AS I have said before, the same books that you Protestants interpret (or better yet misinterpret) to your own demise and destruction!!!
FURTHERMORE, I will take "my wisdom, discernment and insight from the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus regarding the TRUE faith, and Salvation in Our Lord--- in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over your "misguided, misdirected and misled (bible only (CONTRADICTING) intelligence) EACH and EVERY DAY at Daily Mass, with the Eucharist (Jesus Christ TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), adhering to and receiving the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Sacred Scriptures, the Sacraments and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH in Our Lords One (and only one TRUE) Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
I knew it!!!

NASL was wrong.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Nick, my exchange with Rose was about the development of the Biblical canon. This is a serious topic as it shows that they are going against the will of Christ by implying sola scripture when it was never taught. It shows that their founders removed 7 Books from the Bible.
I see your ally Confrint has joined in the mockery. You had a nice opportunity to stand up for truth and denounce sola scripture and perhaps steer a fellow Christian back into the sacraments of our two Churches.
Instead, you opted to make fun of my argument that you secretly agree with - assuming you're an Orthodox.
CLAY.

ok.Paul was,writing letters,AFTER he founded the Churches .

The gospels,were MIST likely written in separate places,.years,after they started spreading out and making converts,..

At some point each decided a WRITTEN TECIRD SHOUKD BE KEPT TO PASS,ON AFTER THEM

at the time hey preached ..THRY had no idea,each book would be written let alone out together ..along with letters to each other .

Of course THey did NOT SAY use our words we write only ..they were teaching themselves,..
And they really thought HE WAS COMKNG BACK SOKN.

THEY also never taught ROME WAS,to be the Center of the Chur h of believers ...nor did they teach a lot that your Church teaches about a,lot of things ..or did during your history

BUT AT somE POINT each wrote what they knew about JESUS AND HIS LIFE
.......if we Believe the gospels ..WHY SHOULD WE NOT TAKE THEM AS TRUTH

More important than changing doctrine from centuries,of different people .

I.like another poster never read Luther or Calvin..

Of speaks to us,THROUGH HE SPIRIT. AND HIS,WORD

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

SORRY

GOD SPEAKS TO US through the Gospels and,THROUGH THE SPIRIT
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Clay....YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR MY HUSBAND NICK NOR DO YOU HAVE HIS PERMISSION TOO SPEAK FOR HIM!!!!!.YOU.. USING NICK AS A WEAPON WILL NOT BRING US CLOSE TO YOU FOR SURE. Nick is resting now but when he awakes I am sure HE will be more than happy to correct this post of yours with the FACTS ONCE MORE....What we believe and what the Orthodox Church beliefs WILL NEVER BE USED AS A WEAPON BY US!! I find this to be evil and disgusting that YOU would go so slow...Both Nick and I find confronting and his wife to be more Christian than you will ever be or ever hope to be.You are a prime example of someone that goes to church, confesses. takes communion, then goes home gets on the computer and insults everyone that is not in line with your church or your beliefs.Whats the purpose of even taking communion if your not even trying to live a CHRIST LIKE LIFE as THAT is the true reason for being a CHRISTIAN!!!!
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For my part I agree,..only a,few,here have Bern into insults to make a,gotcha,moment ..
I said before and now ..until this board ..I.never met CATHOLICS eh o I thought of as other than fellow,Chritisns, speaking as such.
What really bothers,me,Anthony. Is non believers who may read here .
We give people like a former atheist poster fodder ...And might scare off those who. wander here seeking something
The,secular world hates us ALL
if a camp was built for us ...we'd,all be in it together .
I honestly feel GOD for His own reasons,used,ALL OF US,..to do HIS,WILL
AND SPREAD THE GOSPEL
TO AN UNBELIEVER. OR A,SEARCHING SOUL reading us here ..we fall short ...imo
Like kids,saying I'm better than you are
I never thought there was so much hatred for the Church that Jesus started, the Catholic Church until I came to this board.

We only defend and correct false statement.
I first notice it when the pope came to the U S of A.

I also see a lot of arguments between fellow protestants. But mostly anti-Catholic posts.

Lord have mercy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

YOU WROTE

Catholics are ONE, that like JESUS wanted. While ML was causing division, Our Blessed Mother was converting millions to her son.

QUESTION

HOW CAN SOME ONE THAT IS DEAD CONVERT MILLIONS TO ANY ONE..

YOU SIT MARY ABOVE JESUS..

HE HAD TO DIE AND BE RESURRECTED BEFORE HE ASCENDED

YET YOU CLAIM THAT MARY WAS ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN WITH OUT DYING.

MARY IS DEAD

HER SOUL HAS BEEN COMMENDED TO GOD..

BUT HER BODY AWAITS THE RESURRECTION AT THE COMING OF JESUS CHRIST.

IF WE COULD TROUBLE HER WITH WHAT IS TRANSPIRING UPON THE EARTH...

THEN IT WOULD NOT BE HEAVEN TO HER..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT to sow discord between Hermi and I...

this is what God says about such actions

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and

-->he that soweth discord among brethren.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I special?!! LOL
:-D
We need to pray for both, I'm sure they will be going thru a lot.
That's okay, someone else here did something similar after I comforted and prayed for them. They denied it and calumniated me, and the others couldn't wait to jump on their wagon while they sat back and laughed. I expect detraction next; it's been threatened. Yes, nasl and his wife both have our prayers.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Clay ...And you ARE the one,who takes the most posts,from us because you answer more ..
But really ...unless It's,fine one of you Saud YOUR SCRIPTURE ..meaning one of your clergy wrote it in a basement .
If the Gospels,are TRue..the letter from Paul authentic ...
If the history if the Jews,is,true ..the,Prophets,correctly quoted
I'm fine with what I read in it . AND THEY DO NOT BELONG tO THE RCC ALONE ..
Whatever Apocryphal books are in your bible ..great if hey inspire you .
The rest of the bible says the same in your bible and mine ...OURS ..he BODY OF BELIEVERS,...the CHURCH
And,addressing Surach ...Well JESUS IS IN EFFEXT THE AUTHOR if the BOOKS...any actual quotes were,originally from Him
And only used by Him to show,truth to he people who knew,the,law and the prophets,
For any of His teachings,He used parables HE MADE UP....
Any words,in a,prayer to God the,FATHER WERE HIS ALONE .
You don't get it. Sola scripture doesn't exist. Its not the will of Jesus Christ. That's the whole point I was trying to make. I used the argument on the development of the Bible to show you how Protestantism immediately started out wrong.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you admitted to believing men? Do you have a text written by Jesus?
No. And that puts you both on equal ground. Your church's teaching is no more credible than any texts ever written about the subject....all of which were written by men. Some of which had an agenda(evident in the writings). The "only" difference is in your particular perception...and how much "influence" has been applied to it an any light.
Now, with that in mind, none of you can ever satisfy any "court" with any justification of actual evidence....and, any person who operates in the realm of "hearsay" is a fool of his own folly.
It is what it is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought there was so much hatred for the Church that Jesus started, the Catholic Church until I came to this board.
I also see a lot of arguments between fellow protestants. But mostly anti-Catholic posts.
Lord have mercy.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE THE ARROGANT ONES,

THAT ATTEMPT TO BAR OTHERS FROM HEAVEN...YET YOU WANT TO FAULT US

BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH YOUR LIES

YOU ARE HATRED AND SELFISHNESS PERSONIFIED.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote
The BIG difference between your faith and ours is ……JESUS STARTED OURS. Yours is man-made.
question...
WHERE DID THE BIBLE SAY,...
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have everlasting life.
MU BIBLE SAYS
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him/JESUS should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
where and when did Jesus GIVE the roman catholic church sole
monopoly of the love mercy, and forgiveness of JESUS CHRIST
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the first century, tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with over a billion members: one seventh of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."

Thanks be to God!!!

FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.

The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)
Jesus established only ONE Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.

His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"By the polls almost half who voted votes liberally ..And for this,administration..i think that's,why they kept Biden ..
Some non CATHOLUCS,too but not at the percentage if Catholics."
You obviously ignored the link I gave the last time we had this discussion. I told you before, they are Catholic-in-name-only, like Pelosi and Biden. The polls you see break the percentage down among weekly mass goers and others who rarely go. I doubt Obama got 15% of the vote from weekly mass goers in my Church.
Good

Obviously the Oters,which said they were Catholic did not listen when your Church spoke before ..
My sis knows dome in her church . Quite a few from what she says who drive her crazy ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You speak from the heart and that is what counts.We know that your intentions are meant and we feel that. "heathen" protestant catholic etc. faith does not matter.it is the love and respect is what we go by..Thank you "heathen" friend..lol
You are welcome...no "thanks" is really needed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it!!!
NASL was wrong.
I disagree.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord have mercy.
I don't for the umpteenth time hate your Church

GOD HAS USED CATHOLIC AND NON CATHOLIC TO PRESERVE AND DOREAD HIS,GOSPEL ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
SORRY
GOD SPEAKS TO US through the Gospels and,THROUGH THE SPIRIT
The "gospels" are men's writings...so any "revelation" is by and through "tainted" "men". If you want anyone to understand your perception of "spirit" you will have to explain(explicitly) your "perception" of "spirit". I, for one, see it as an obfuscation of a person's perception of a belief based in unreality....one which is used by the perpetrator for the very reason of not having to explain the absurdity of such an unrealistic belief.
I am simply explaining my observation here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the first century, tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for over 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with over a billion members: one seventh of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit."
Thanks be to God!!!
FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH
If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.
The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)
Jesus established only ONE Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.
His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).
You are calling your pope a liar....ah love it!!!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible says:
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built...

The Catholic Church is the largest denomination in the USA...Christ built not any denomination...period...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Sola scripture doesn't exist. Its not the will of Jesus Christ. That's the whole point I was trying to make. I used the argument on the development of the Bible to show you how Protestantism immediately started out wrong.
If acting on the very words of your "christ" is anywhere relevant, your entire organization of catholicism, and it's actions throughout history is "wrong" according to the written words of "men"...or, you christ was a liar....or your church is a liar...

Which is it?
Take your time ... think about your reply...you have no just reply that makes any rational argument to any part or parcel regarding the history of humanity for the last 2000 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

542 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 720,312
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min shyam 4,564
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 5 min andet1987 162
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 8 min yon 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Dr_Zorderz 256,404
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 10 min andet1987 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Strength and Honor 172,282
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Dave Nelson 224,053
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••