Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665601 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478312 Sep 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did extend more than His best wishes for our needs..
IT IS WRITTEN OF HIM IN
Heb_4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
FOR ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET WROTE ( 700 YEARS BEFORE IT TOOK PLACE)
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
THE ABOVE SHOULD BE THE CONFIDENT EXPECTATIONS OF ALL THAT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...
FOR IT IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH
HE WAS BORN ON EARTH
LIVED AND REVEALED THE HEAVENLY FATHER
SUFFER UNDER PONTUS PILATE ..
WAS BEATEN WITH AN UNKNOWN NUMBER OF STRIPES..
CARRIED HIS CROSS TO GOLGOTHA
WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS..
BLED AND DIED.
WAS PLACED IN A BORROWED TOMB
ROSE AGAIN
SEEN UPON THE EARTH 40 DAYS
ASCENDED TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER
IS (CURRENTLY)THERE AT THE FATHERS RIGHT HAND MAKING INTERCESSION FOR US.
Ye are extend'n yer post ta the wrong individual here con...I'm not the one who needs comfort. LTM does sir....and I ain't in the market for no "boyfriends" if ya get my drift.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478313 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I noticed it, too, but why waste time making corrections that will only be ignored? There were other inaccuracies in the 'list' that he copied and pasted. He often copies errors. But, again, why bother? Like the other protestants, they're here only to attack and trash, not learn. They killed this board. It was bad before, but never this bad, not even close. They've brought hatred and evil here. It's pretty ugly. Thank goodness, I've been too busy to spend much time here anymore. Take care, DS!
I understand why Truth is your enemy.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478314 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
More humility and respect from you I see. The new and improved 'hermie'...lol!
You're talking about something entirely different. You're promoting protestantism, not the teaching of the Orthodox Church. The Orthodox teach that they do not know of any salvation outside the Orthodox Church.
As you can plainly see from this board, anyone can call themselves a Christian, even those who don't believe that Christ is God, or that they need to be baptized half a dozen times. This was unheard of in the Church until the recent founding of evangelical fundamentalism. And this is what the two of you are trying to pass off as the teaching of Christ and His apostles...just like the rest of the protestants here. It simply is not part of the faith once given. It seems you're the one who needs to read up on Church history. But all you can offer is insults and the fiction that you're a scholar...lol....yeah, okay, "hermie".
Humility and respect are two words you know nothing about..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478315 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> thank you Dusty...you are a perfect example of the True Church that Christ founded.....
You give him too much credit - especially, for someone who only believes in a portion of what Jesus taught and continues to define the so-called "Church" inaccurately.

Location hidden

#478316 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
More humility and respect from you I see. The new and improved 'hermie'...lol!
You're talking about something entirely different. You're promoting protestantism, not the teaching of the Orthodox Church. The Orthodox teach that they do not know of any salvation outside the Orthodox Church.
As you can plainly see from this board, anyone can call themselves a Christian, even those who don't believe that Christ is God, or that they need to be baptized half a dozen times. This was unheard of in the Church until the recent founding of evangelical fundamentalism. And this is what the two of you are trying to pass off as the teaching of Christ and His apostles...just like the rest of the protestants here. It simply is not part of the faith once given. It seems you're the one who needs to read up on Church history. But all you can offer is insults and the fiction that you're a scholar...lol....yeah, okay, "hermie".
Read a little further. he Orthodox position is if you are Orthodox and LEAVE the Orthodox Church you risk your salvation. If you are going to teach the forum Orthodoxy at least teach them correctly. Of course you may have to put the work in.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478317 Sep 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Seraphima,John from NJ belonged to a church called the Greek Orthodox Catholic Church in New Jersey.He actually was a Russian Orthodox believer.However his theology although traditionally Orthodox,was very strongly Catholic.He never brought out the differences of Orthodoxy versus Catholic,UNLESS he was angry with a Catholic poster.He would argue a lot with atemcowboy,and a few other prots.
Dust Storm is a man,not a woman,he can tell you about his being a soldier in Iraq and so on. We have had some good posts and some strong ones with name calling and so on.He really is a very committed Catholic.
THANKU PAD!!!! I would send you a bagel basket if I could!!!!!!Now that explains EVERYTHING THANKU THANKU THANKU

Albuquerque, NM

#478318 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You non-catholics justify your attacks against Our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ, and the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church, by calling us prideful and arrogant.......... This is just a non-catholic "excuse" to silence those of us who are sharing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible--that we know "without a doubt" for us is the TRUTH!......If you believe (as convincingly, about your Church, as "we as Catholics do" about ours, then GO LIVE YOUR FAITH and leave us alone!!! However, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that you as non-catholics, CANNOT DO THAT because your non-catholic beliefs "PREDICATED" on attacking Our Catholic Faith, the History of the Church, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and the Catholic Church.itself!....... You people use the same rhetoric as liberal politicians accusing Conservative Catholics as being hatefill against blacks because many of us didn't vote for Obama...... If your Orthodox faith is right for you and you believe that it is the truth for you to follow (then quit the attacks) and we as Catholics can live in Christian harmony and respect with each other beliefs!!!! Very simple!!!
That is because much of it is untrue and it is your own fault for being so gullible in believing the made up claims.

*sighs*
Clay

United States

#478319 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he hated dust storm with a passion along with mary Hammond. and the person from toms river only became friends right before he died.
he never forgot when he was attacked none of them came to his rescue, in fact only one person defended him and that was "yours truly"
While I didn't post with John as much as the others, I clearly remember him defending the teachings that both of our Churches share. Especially the Eucharist.
Also, I don't believe John hated Dust Storm. I don't believe he hated anyone.
I really don't know what you would have 'defended him' about. You guys couldn't be further apart in theology. I would go as far as to say, since you believe he was never born again (the way you teach) that your convinced he's not in a good place right now. Remember, believing that a piece of bread is God would be idolatry, if the Eucharist isn't what we claim it to be.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478320 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina! It should be obvious to any of us Catholics on this forum that Protestant bible only "fundies" are now attempting to cause division among us Catholics and our other Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ...by distorting and lying about "what they claim we have said in the past" regarding the teachings of the Catholic Church, as they are making a blatant effort in attempting to "pit us against each other"...... These bible only fundamentalists are constantly "at each others throats" arguing, complaining, ripping each others contradicting beliefs and now they are trying to "divide, split and turn us against each other, with their underhanded (divide and conquer) agenda! Confrinting hasn't been quite as obvious but New Age, Oxbow, OLDJG and other frustrated" (fundies) are becoming more "desperate" every day. I know the bible only "game" all too well, after 35 years as a Protestant. My suggestion is "don't get caught up" into their "spider web" of deceit and division........ God's Blessings to your Regina and keep the faith that Jesus left for us over 2000 years ago!!
Good advice, Hojo! I know their game as well, but you have first hand knowledge of it. Not to worry, I won't fall for that old trick of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Unfortunately, some here have, in their desperate need to be fawned over and approved of. As long as someone pets them and makes a fuss over them, strokes their egos, that's all that counts, and I do mean "all"! No discernment whatsoever, anyone can say anything, lie through their teeth, it doesn't matter, as long as they make nice to them, they're heartfelt and oh, so sincere. But we know who's behind that deception, don't we? It's pretty obvious, as are they.

You take care, also, Hojo! Keep the faith, my friend!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#478321 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I twisted nothing but your ugliness remains true. Admit defeat to what? LOL He came out with trash talking again. Show me where I attacked the Orthodox church. I merely cautioned assigning a place between heaven and Hell to Orthodox. That is an attack? LOL Then your jerk husband came out with all kinds of insulting commentary along with rubbish. Truly expected from loving humble people like yourself.
What I asked for was a straight answer not a bunch of mumbo jumbo. But I can assure you that if you go Orthodox forums you will find Orthodox who do not subscribe to consubstantiation nor will they call the Church arrogant for expressing transubstaniation. I have seen Orthodox priests argue for it. I have also seen them using the language of councils to back it up. Their may be a difference at when the change occurs and as I said it we accept that the Eucharist is a mystery but in faith accept it is the body blood soul and divinity of the Lord, but no it is not the standard Orthodox position to subscribe to Hermes view of Consubstantiation nor did many of the Eastern Fathers. In fact nothing was more unanimous than the Eucharist in the early church this attested to by Renowned Protestant Scholar JND Kelley.
Paul asked, "Is this not the body of Christ?" I wont argue about the semantics as long as its not a cracker snack or a symbolic geusture that need not be done or on occasion. Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is huge. He who eats my body and drinks my blood shall be raised up on the last day.
Ireaneus roundly decclared the Eucharist in very real terms. You have free will to believe what you wish. However not all Orthodox would agree with consubstantiation and neither do all Protestants.
It seems that all Christians do not agree on everything,in each minute detail as to the standard tradition,and whatever.

Some prots are liberal in their ideology,and have taken that to their theology as well.They want everyone to feel welcome in their churches,to the point that all who come should not feel that they are living in any type of sin.

But the very Communion shared by all prots liberal and conservative either portrays a memorial of the Lord Jesus,or brings out a political liberal view as to be one rainbow coalition sharing in a remembrance of a fellow REBEL,Jesus.

The very reason Evangelicals have long banned together to uphold the true reason for Communion and that it is the Memorial of our Savior's death.When we have communion in our church it is not a party or a SNACK,but a concerted effort with emblems of bread and wine,crusts from bread,and Juice, that YES symbolize the Body and Blood of Chirst.Some Evangelicals do realize the spiritual significance,and some do not.Just like some Catholics and some Orthodox do not realize the Presence and how strongly it means in the tradition they were brought up in.

Each individual has a separate understanding of what they are receiving into their mouth.I have talked with Catholics at length and many claim they understand the whole matter in a private way,which does not completely match what the Church teaches.The Prots are the same way,they either understand the significance of Communion or they do not. The Church or the Body should take time to teach on such issues.But it seems people will understand these things in the way their brain processes it.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478322 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I understand why Truth is your enemy.
Gee, it wasn't "my enemy" when I was consoling and comforting your wife and offering prayers for you both after you were flighted to Pittsburgh. Speaking of truth 'hermie', where are the phone records? Waiting for your insulting reply....but no truth....as usual....lol.....

Stick a fork in it, you're done.

Have fun trashing Catholics and the one, true Church, you two...
Clay

United States

#478323 Sep 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Seraphima,John from NJ belonged to a church called the Greek Orthodox Catholic Church in New Jersey.He actually was a Russian Orthodox believer.However his theology although traditionally Orthodox,was very strongly Catholic.He never brought out the differences of Orthodoxy versus Catholic,UNLESS he was angry with a Catholic poster.He would argue a lot with atemcowboy,and a few other prots.
Dust Storm is a man,not a woman,he can tell you about his being a soldier in Iraq and so on. We have had some good posts and some strong ones with name calling and so on.He really is a very committed Catholic.
He was an Orthodox thru and thru. The fact that he appeared "Catholic" was due to the fact that Orthodox is very similar to Catholicism. He didn't bother with piddly differences or magnifying them to appear catastrophic.

Albuquerque, NM

#478324 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should explain the exact "hipocricy"(as you put it) you are accusing here. That would be most helpful....and more direct in explanation....lest you be considered a fool or an instigator of simple hatred.
What is it ---really?
Please explain.....
I doubt you can witghout exposing the real "YOU".
Enjoy your own demise...
Expecting honesty?

LOL!!

You funny guy!

Catholics shelf their honesty, so they can believe what is given them to believe.

Remember - they claim that there isn't any Self involved, so they believe that they received all of the faith and grace from "God". Received through some magical moment, that they were not even part of. Well except for the cowboy, he claims sometime in the 80s the HS came to him. He is still yet to prove this or any claim, but repeats it emphatically. I think that is just his way of lying and circumventing the semantics of the mind and how it works.

*shrugs*

We'll see if you get a "true" response, utilizing the person's honesty completely.

If you had been paying attention in the past couple of months, Anthony only was honest once, and DS - well, he has yet to show he has honesty.

The odd thing about it all,

Location hidden

#478325 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, I really don't want to argue again today. It doesn't leave a good feeling in my stomach. Especially if I see that what I'm saying is pissing someone off. Its not my intention to hurt anyone.
However, I know Catholics on here focus on the many similarities with the Orthodox. I don't know why you two do the opposite with us. Yesterday, I showed how Jesus quoted from the Book of Sirach, and how the Jews didn't have a collective canon until well after Christianity began. Yet, I was mocked by you first, then Nick. Since you ALSO have the Book of Sirach in your Bible and the Orthodox ALSO reject sola scripture, I was confused.
I wonder if you try so hard to not be associated with us, that you went outside the bounds of your own Church.
==========

You asked "I know Catholics on here focus on the many similarities with the Orthodox." Because when you expound on the similarities between Orthodox and Catholic, you have not studied Orthodoxy so you present superficial similarities. For example we both have confession. Yes but it is a different theology underlying it.etc etc etc WE are "True Orthodox" Not Orthodox but also "kind of Catholic". f you want that there is the eastern rite that is half hath half Orth. Talk about them, not us.We are not in communion with them. Why BECAUSE CATHOLICISM AND TRUE oRTHODOXY DOES NOT MIX.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478326 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thansk BT.
Not that your support will change perceptions, it is what it is and I thank you for reading my posts.
Cheers!
It sure won't NASL...I'm jist a "heathen" gitt'n ready ta be hung or burned...whichever comes first...I reckon it depends on the danged "inquisitor". I think it's cuz I'm one of Jesus descendants...they hanged him too y'know. They jist didn't like any of the "family". Even ther god didn't like Adam, but he didn't "hang" 'em...jist throwed him out in the wastelands for talk'n ta a snake...can ya imagine? what's a guy 'sposed ta do anaways? Don't ya go ta sleep buddy, you'll wind up on a cross somewhere...I'm tell'n ya! These folks is ripe fer blood! Why, they even got a 35 piece o' silver reward out for ya. Oh, ya don't believe me? They writ it right in ther book!

Location hidden

#478327 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice, Hojo! I know their game as well, but you have first hand knowledge of it. Not to worry, I won't fall for that old trick of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Unfortunately, some here have, in their desperate need to be fawned over and approved of. As long as someone pets them and makes a fuss over them, strokes their egos, that's all that counts, and I do mean "all"! No discernment whatsoever, anyone can say anything, lie through their teeth, it doesn't matter, as long as they make nice to them, they're heartfelt and oh, so sincere. But we know who's behind that deception, don't we? It's pretty obvious, as are they.
You take care, also, Hojo! Keep the faith, my friend!
Right there, bright eyes. We have no need to sell out the true beliefs of our church that lie below the shallow surface you see to cuddle up to some Catholics or to sell out the "semantic" differences to reunite with the Catholic Church..
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478328 Sep 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
Dan, John was not a Catholic. He was Eastern Orthodox. He attended both Greek and Russian Orthodox churches, but he was not Eastern Orthodox. Believe me, I know. Ask Anthony or the others. You are mistaken.

I think you're confused about the fact that the proper name of the Orthodox Church is actually Orthodox Catholic. But that doesn't mean they are in communion with Rome. They are in fact in schism with the Church.

Eastern Orthodox Church

Not to be confused with Eastern Catholic Churches, Oriental Orthodoxy, or Eastern Christianity.

The Eastern Orthodox Church,[1][2][3] officially called the Orthodox Catholic Church,[4][5][6][7][8][9][note 1] and also referred to as the Orthodox Church and Orthodoxy,[16] is the second largest Christian church in the world,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#478329 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, I really don't want to argue again today. It doesn't leave a good feeling in my stomach. Especially if I see that what I'm saying is pissing someone off. Its not my intention to hurt anyone.
However, I know Catholics on here focus on the many similarities with the Orthodox. I don't know why you two do the opposite with us. Yesterday, I showed how Jesus quoted from the Book of Sirach, and how the Jews didn't have a collective canon until well after Christianity began. Yet, I was mocked by you first, then Nick. Since you ALSO have the Book of Sirach in your Bible and the Orthodox ALSO reject sola scripture, I was confused.
I wonder if you try so hard to not be associated with us, that you went outside the bounds of your own Church.
Not true Clay, that quote from Sirach is nothing like what Jesus said, but Jesus did say 'it is written' and Paul said Timothy studied Scripture and that the Jews already gave us the oracles of God, so yes they did have a collective canon.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478330 Sep 25, 2013
Sorry, Dan, meant to say he was NOT Eastern Catholic.

Albuquerque, NM

#478331 Sep 25, 2013
truth wrote:
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
He come because of sinners.
I think I now understand why you don't get as many responses to your posts as you would probably like.

a. You never address your posts to anyone. So, including me, I don't know why you are posting.

b. You are confusing the singular and plural aspects of your sentences. For example in the above:

"Jesus Christ words is perfect."
- this should actually read - "Jesus Christ's words are perfect."
- Notice how I added an apostrophe to the sentence to show ownership. Also, since you are speaking of Jesus' words, which are plural, you will need to include the plural verb "are", instead of the singular use of "is".

Okay - now you go and try.....I'm rooting for you!

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Joe Fortuna 88,519
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Insults Are Easier 284,724
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 33 min gundee123 1,262
Anyone wanna masturbate on FaceTime together (Jan '14) 2 hr Jmr 8
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,955
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 184,814
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr It aint necessari... 312
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Unruh 977,504
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 hr truth 696
More from around the web