Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595715 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#477985 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even pay attention to what you write?
First you state "its not about being on a side".
No sides you say, yet you then post this in the next sentence:
"Are you for or against Catholics on this?"
And then you end your confusion with "that's a shame."
Clearly it shows you are on one side....the Catholic side.
Yeah - whatever Clay, play your own hand, as you seem to be doing anyhow.
This is the why you shouldn't butt into peoples conversations. Sola scripture is not believed by Orthodox or Catholics. Therefore, I asked an Orthodox why she appeared to side with a Protestant when her Church is not in agreement with them on this issue.
Its really of no concern to you..
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#477986 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Your honesty is truly Christian and very rare. I also have been told that at times read too much into things.I know I have crossed over the line as well and have been wrong
We all need to prayerfully reflect on our shortcomings.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477987 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the why you shouldn't butt into peoples conversations. Sola scripture is not believed by Orthodox or Catholics. Therefore, I asked an Orthodox why she appeared to side with a Protestant when her Church is not in agreement with them on this issue.
This was not the question I was responding to.I asked you what Apostles were killed by jews and which were killed by romans.You responded to that by asking me why I sided with the protestants...The Orthodox church does not believe in sola scripture, you are correct there.But you are wrong with this post about asking me about sola scripture.You did not ask me about that!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477988 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477989 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Stop your whining, yes you did:
"However, we. as Catholics, all know that you "can't do that" because the "main premise" of fundamental Sola Scriptura Protestantism is that IT MUST deny, IT MUST attack, and IT MUST condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible from 382, 393 and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers "who wrote it", "interpreted it" and "gave it to you fundies" so that you can re-interpret and mis-interpret to your own (demise and destruction)"
My mistake though - I said 50 years - you stated 382 thru 397 - that was only 15 years.
...and still 350+ years after 33 CE.
Get a clue hojo, your ignorance is really the only thing that stops you from becoming intelligent.
Quit making things up New Age of which you and other Protestants have "become experts"!!........ The Catholic Church has "NEVER" changed its doctrine, since Jesus established HIS 1st Church at Antioch, in 33 AD to the Martrydom of St. Peter in 67AD, to martyrdom of Ignatius of Antioch in 107AD, to Polycarp in 155AD to St Justin in 165AD, Tertullion 202,St Cypian 258, St Basil in 379 up to the Canon of Sacred Scripture formed by the early Church Fathers and the Council of Trent who "officially listed the inspired books of the Bible in 397AD.AGAIN ---AS I have said before, the same books that you Protestants interpret (or better yet misinterpret) to your own demise and destruction!!!
FURTHERMORE, I will take "my wisdom, discernment and insight from the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus regarding the TRUE faith, and Salvation in Our Lord--- in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over your "misguided, misdirected and misled (bible only (CONTRADICTING) intelligence) EACH and EVERY DAY at Daily Mass, with the Eucharist (Jesus Christ TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), adhering to and receiving the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Sacred Scriptures, the Sacraments and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH in Our Lords One (and only one TRUE) Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
Clay

United States

#477990 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This was not the question I was responding to.I asked you what Apostles were killed by jews and which were killed by romans.You responded to that by asking me why I sided with the protestants...The Orthodox church does not believe in sola scripture, you are correct there.But you are wrong with this post about asking me about sola scripture.You did not ask me about that!
Then it was the one before that. Whatever.

I was in the middle of a debate about sola scripture/scripture canon/scripture authenticity with someone else. You chimed in and appeared to take a jab me and I found that odd being that you should be in agreement with the Catholic Church on this subject.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477991 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can butt into any post in this public forum. If you want to make it a private one, you will first have to register with Topix as a registered user, and then you can post PMs to whomever.

Until then - get over your ignorance of "religious sides" - in honesty - "God" doesn't have a religion, only men do.

And like Herme, when he agreed with me, there shouldn't be any sides in religion.

Unless those individuals who do think there are, like you, think there are doing their religion a service by thinking this way through ignorance.

Religion divides.

BTW - get over yourself - your religion is a man-made fallacy and you believe it to be true.

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#477992 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.

Are you finally beginning to believe in all of what Jesus taught?

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#477993 Sep 24, 2013
You might find this interesting Rose.

"No communion for Nancy Pelosi: Vatican court head"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...

Albuquerque, NM

#477994 Sep 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making things up New Age of which you and other Protestants have "become experts"!!........ The Catholic Church has "NEVER" changed its doctrine, since Jesus established HIS 1st Church at Antioch, in 33 AD to the Martrydom of St. Peter in 67AD, to martyrdom of Ignatius of Antioch in 107AD, to Polycarp in 155AD to St Justin in 165AD, Tertullion 202,St Cypian 258, St Basil in 379 up to the Canon of Sacred Scripture formed by the early Church Fathers and the Council of Trent who "officially listed the inspired books of the Bible in 397AD.AGAIN ---AS I have said before, the same books that you Protestants interpret (or better yet misinterpret) to your own demise and destruction!!!
FURTHERMORE, I will take "my wisdom, discernment and insight from the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus regarding the TRUE faith, and Salvation in Our Lord--- in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over your "misguided, misdirected and misled (bible only (CONTRADICTING) intelligence) EACH and EVERY DAY at Daily Mass, with the Eucharist (Jesus Christ TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), adhering to and receiving the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Sacred Scriptures, the Sacraments and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH in Our Lords One (and only one TRUE) Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
AAAWW.....caught you in a lie, and now you are trying to back-peddle your double-talking arse out of it.

You won't win hojo, because you don't know enough about what you spew to even have an argument.

You are clueless, even after repeating the nonsense you do again here.

Martyrs aren't not Jesus.

Martyrs CANNOT DETERMINE what "God" knows, just like you don't.

*steps up onto the stool, because the bullshite is getting deep*

*hands you some cologne*
You are starting to smell like the shite you are dishing out.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#477995 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry your confused. I gave enough info for you to go on if you're interested in searching it yourself.
Google when the OT Jewish canon came into an agreement by the various Jewish sects.
The Jews were not unanimous on the canon until after Jesus was crucified and rose.
This means that Luther and the reformers chose to accept the canon declared by post Christian Jews.
The Jewish Canon was not accepted by the Ethiopian Jews who have all the books. The council of Jamina in AD90 was addressing the books being used by Christians to proclaim Christ. It would be fair to say that a large number of Jews today reject them. It would be also fair to say that when Jewish scribes transcribed the bible in Greek the Septuigant which would have been used in the time of Christ and the Apostles that there was no notion of a fixed Canon with the exception of the Saducees who only accepted the Torah. These were the most adamant against the Apostles for they said there is no resurrection.

Jerome did have reservations because he was unaware of any Hebrew scripts. The dead sea scrolls we know this is wrong. Regardless Jerome acknowledged the books as scripture and defended them rigorously against Jews who began to attack them along with the new teachings. Christ celebrated Hunukah in Maccabees and clearly many Jews considered them scripture. It was the Jamina council which denied Christ.

If we go by a book that was contested, well virtually every book in the NT was questioned in some way. Luther called James an epistle of straw, he railed against Jude, He called revelation unintellible and he excluded entire books from his bible which were missing for 200 years, which protestants accept today. Luther never said the church added the books protestants call apocryphal. He merely relegated them to an inferior status and in no small part because they refuted his doctrines. Luther added the word alone after faith in his bible. He mocked the Pope saying paraphrased I know well the word alone is not there and you stare it as a cow who stares at a gate. It will be so because I Martin Luther will have it so.. However the only time the word alone is used after faith is in James where it says NOT by faith alone. The books were in the first KJV. Luther did experience resistance by his followers.

Those who claim the books were added are simply ignorant of history. The books were believed to be scripture, but only officially decalared as a necessity to refute Protestants who were dismissing them. Today many Protestants dont even know about what they call Apocryphal books. Many of the writings in the NT however clearly overlap the teachings found in them. On another chord the Jews were never subscribed to scripture alone. Luther never in his wildest dreams could imagine what he was unleashing and he was shocked and dismayed at how many would so quickly disagree with him and he spoke quite harshly against them saying we are worse off now then under the Papists. He concededes that it had not been for the Papists noone would know about the bible at all. In the same breathe he sets himself as an authority to say what is scripture and what is not, which is hardly scripture alone. Some Protestants today are saying Paul is not scripture. How any Protestant says they have more authority to deny that is inconsistent with the false doctrine of sola scripture which has no authority but the personal interpretation of the individual believer. With no authority other than bible which the bible says the Church is the ground and bulwark of the truth. Paul says through the church the message would be revealed. However with each person in charge no one can honestly declare anothers teaching using the bible as all heretics did to be a false teaching. The first council was to answer the question of whether circumsision was necessary. Clearly even the Apostles had doubts. The matter was settled.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#477996 Sep 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
“Saint Bernard tells us that everything has come to us through Mary; and we may also say that everything has come to us through the priest; yes, all happiness, all graces, all heavenly gifts. If we had not the Sacrament of Orders, we should not have Our Lord. Who placed Him there, in that tabernacle? It was the priest. Who was it that received your soul, on its entrance into life? The priest. Who nourishes it, to give it strength to make its pilgrimage? The priest. Who will prepare it to appear before God, by washing that soul, for the last time, in the blood of Jesus Christ? The priest – always the priest. And if that soul comes to the point of death, who will raise it up, who will restore it to calmness and peace? Again the priest. You cannot recall one single blessing from God without finding, side by side with this recollection, the image of the priest.”(St. Jean Marie Vianney, Cure d’Ars; Catechism on the Priesthood)- See more at: http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2013/03...
I'm sure there are many holy ChristianS who are,priests,.

However they do not wash us in Jesus,blood ..HE DOES,THAT .

THERE IS,ONLY ONE HIGH PRIEST ..OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST

Albuquerque, NM

#477997 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This was not the question I was responding to.I asked you what Apostles were killed by jews and which were killed by romans.You responded to that by asking me why I sided with the protestants...The Orthodox church does not believe in sola scripture, you are correct there.But you are wrong with this post about asking me about sola scripture.You did not ask me about that!
If you are paying attention, after a while, most of the Catholics here will start twisting up their stories, so you are so confused that they don't even know what tehy are talking about.

How else did you think the Bible came to be?

It couldn't be from "God" - as "He" is supposed to be free of confusion, yet the Catholics love to confuse.

My suggestion - learn the facts about religion, then apply the truer morals to yourself and with the best of your ability.

Anthony said it well - we need to understand our own shortcomings.

Albuquerque, NM

#477998 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Sotrm wrote:
"How any Protestant says they have more authority to deny that is inconsistent with the false doctrine of sola scripture which has no authority but the personal interpretation of the individual believer."

New Age asks:

How is it that any human can determine what is inspired by "God", even though "God" never deemed such on any of the texts - canonical or non-canonical.

You are just looking to divide more and more people under false pretenses of men.

No wonder Christianity will eventually fall - it's because of people like you throwing our false conclusions and lies.

Way to go DS!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#477999 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's disturbing to me Rose is the fact you gloss over so many of the posts by protestants who condemn Catholics and the Church. I've been here a few years and I think it's running about 100-1. I, personally, don't see protestants as enemies at all, and the Church certainly doesn't. What saddens me is how mis-informed many of you are. Most of us are more than willing to explain our beliefs in the spirit of friendship and understanding, but many of you, I think, are a bit leery of letting go of some the hardened opinions.
We have listen to many of your explanation about your church and its doctrines and traditions.
When we explain to you what your saying or believe is not scripture, you get all upset.
If your doctrine is different then the Bible what you believe is not truth.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478001 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Self.
Are you finally beginning to believe in all of what Jesus taught?
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Who wrote these "sayings of Jesus"? How do you know He said this?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478002 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Clay posted:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity began. The same men who used their authority to kill Jesus, used it to establish the protestant bible.
Rosez,
I understand. He is talking about Manny Moe and Jack= the "Pep Boys".First they sat in a meeting with the Romans and made the decision to crucify. Then as long as they were sitting at the table they figured: " why not write the Bible". They wrote the Bible and then went on to establish an Camel Repair Shop in Jerusalem called the "Pep Boys". What you dont know is that Manny was the great great great etc grandfather of Martin Luther, who received this Bible as it was handed down from generation to generation. The camel Repair shop in time was converted into the "Pep Boys" auto repair shop.
Hope this is helpful.
~~~

Yep...Check out the history and before all this they had a used camel lot... repairing the camels that bumped their humps going to the eye of the needle...

Thats when paul the apostle pointed the epistle at the satellites in the

isles of the durominies and the foe fathers of zekiel slept in the same

bed..

Jonah went to whale college and graduated bein spit en up

somewhere near neveah an he was plum near out of his gourd..

because it had worms.

and ne - bucle- buzard -had -a razor- some where he shave the head of sampson.

JEHU SAID WHO UP THERE ON THE LAWDs SIDE fro OLE JEZE BELL

DOWN

they frowed her down ...he said frow her down again ... they frowed her

down again

an they picked up 12 baskets therof...

Man this ro man Cat a holic bible shoor is excitin..

ya'll need to get one

My... you sure tied a knot in this thread

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478004 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"you can tell how well a tree has been cared for by its fruits"
Sirach 27:6
"you will know them by their fruits"
Matthew 7:16
"if you forgive someone who has wronged you, your sins will be forgiven when you pray"
Sirach 28:2
"forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us"
Jesus Christ
I think Our Lord was familiar with the inspired words of Sirach. First century Jews, like the Essenes had these Books in their collection.
The official Jewish canon came after Christianity was started. They had no authority to tell us what was supposed to be in our Bible, they arrested and executed the Lord... Remember?
All words said by Jesus,were inspired by God ..He referred to prophecies when speaking to the Jews ..about HImself ...so they would understand who He was ..he quoted from he Law,.....all of which came from WHO...in the first place .

He was ThE WORD MADE FLESH WHO DWELT AMONGST US,...

You really think the Part of the PRAYER TO HIS,FATHER WAS BORRIWED .
That is,chutzpah

WOW
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478005 Sep 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have listen to many of your explanation about your church and its doctrines and traditions.
When we explain to you what your saying or believe is not scripture, you get all upset.
If your doctrine is different then the Bible what you believe is not truth.
You're entitled to your opinion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478006 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Clay,you helped me to truly understand the Inquisition and the crusades...lol
AS,I JUST SAID

JESYS WAS THE WORD,

WEB HE quoted He quoted and said so..But everywhere of the PROPHETS came from GOD ..in the first place ...

He did NOT need to borrow, words for a PRAYER TO HIS,FATHER .

that's just out there and stretching a,point IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 2 min WasteWater 20
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joe Fortuna 853,159
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 272,040
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 444,056
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 100,636
Fondling my nipples drives me wild (Dec '14) 23 min Wild Princess 8
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 26 min Knock off purse s... 6,104
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Truths 612,581
The Christian Atheist debate 13 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web