Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603318 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477949 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are your enemies?
Have a cup of coffee. You'll be here all day if I listed mine...lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#477950 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on Earth are you in any way, siding with them on this argument? No Orthodox would do this. And yes, Jews and Romans killed off the Apostles.
==========

When are you going to understand? We are not on this side or that side. This is not a football game. We are on the side of the Truth.You made a statement about Jews killing apostles. She wanted to know who was killed by Jews(Stephen we know) and who was killed by Jews.I asked Sera to ask that question.I really wanted to know. Since you made the statement I thought you could tell me and save me looking it up.

As far as commenting on my Orthodoxy I grew up in a town of Orthodox.We all were "cousins".My family is Orthodox.

How many Orthodox have you actually known. How many have you had theological discussions with. How many have you read?

You buy into the Catholic Hierarchy and Orthodox hierarchy ruse that the Orthodox are really no different than the Catholics.Some of our Patriarchs are political. They are going to say that. But you believe your hierarchy is not.

Or maybe you think "True Orthodox" must obey their Patriarchs or they are disrespectful and not "true orthodox"

Here is a little something from history re the mutual revoking of mutual excommunications between the 2 churches

"THE mutual revocation of the nine-hundred-year old excommunications by Pope Paul and Patriarch Athenagoras on December 7th was, seen from the Catholic side, a comparatively straightforward act of reconciliation between two separated Christian Churches. Seen from the Orthodox side, the revocation is a much more problematic event because the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople's position in Orthodoxy is not comparable to that of the Pope inside Catholicism. The revocation has already brought unfavourable reactions from two of the most important autocephalous Orthodox Churches, Russia and Greece. On December 23rd Metropolitan Nikodim of Leningrad (the Church of Russia's "Foreign Minister ") commented: "This has been a gesture addressed to the Roman Church only by one local Orthodox Church and not by the whole of Eastern Orthodoxy." From past experience it is safe to assume that the views of the Churches of Rumania, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria will coincide with Moscow's. In a similar vein Archbishop Chrysostomos of Athens has declared: "No individual has the right to undertake acts of such importance on his own. This right belongs to the whole of Orthodoxy ... I am convinced the Patriarch's gesture will not be imitated [a better translation than 'recognised'] by any other Orthodox Church" (l'HE TABLET, December 11th).

Understand The people, along with the Patriarch, Bishops, and Priests, etc are the Church.And they have stopped the Patriarchs from critical error or downright selling us out more than once in history.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#477951 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip over this part?,
'Rather, it simply demands that all other authorities are subordinate to, and are to be corrected by, the written word of God.'
Again, what "authority" would be recognized? That "authority" would be subject to correction by another using the written word, and that "another" would have to be an "authority" on the written word in order to issue such a correction, and that person issuing correction is subject to correction by yet another individual, etc. ad infinitum.

Location hidden

#477952 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one have to "side" with religion?
That's what I'm talkin about hooooooorah!!!!!(Pacino)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477953 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
I accept....
accept what? are you accepting blame as being one of those Jews that killed all of those apostles in Israel.

please remember that there is no "statue of limitations" on murder
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#477955 Sep 24, 2013
Peace

Titus 2:

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Peace

Location hidden

#477956 Sep 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
BlogsPhilip Nation
Philip Nation
Philip NationRSS this blog
Archives
Contributors
PrevNextSeptember 2013.Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
. Come out into the Tempest of Living
Thursday, September 19, 2013 0 PrintEmailIn his book Ethics, Dietrich Bonhoeffer included a poetical series in the introduction entitled “Stations of the Way to Freedom.” The poems included themes of self-discipline, action, suffering, and death. Though all four sections are written in such a way to demand a response, there is something about the second section that has always drawn me in. It reads:
Action
Do and dare what is right, not swayed by the whim of the moment.
Bravely take hold of the real, not dallying now with what might be.
Not in the flight of ideas but only in action is freedom.
Make up your mind and come out into the tempest of living.
God’s command is enough and your faith in him to sustain you.
Then at last freedom will welcome your spirit amid great rejoicing.
The phrase “come out into the tempest of living” captures my imagination. We work so hard at making life easy when it never is. And the moment that it is easy, then we have likely stepped into no man’s land where meaning and purpose are lost for us. It does not mean that every day is a decision to leave hearth and home for a wild, safari-like adventure. Rather, we should see life as a series of dares and whims and bravely taken steps. Otherwise, what is the point?
As you go about work and chores and the occasional adventure, remember that it is in the storms of life that we can catch the wind and experience God’s pleasure in our days. The moment that you feel as if control as slipped from your grasp, rejoice. It is likely the moment that you are in that great tempest that brings joy.
----------
Wow!!! Do need to apply that!!!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#477957 Sep 24, 2013
Titus 2:

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

nasb
Clay

United States

#477958 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Are you really saying those two passages are saying the same thing, not even close if you ask me.
"you can tell how well a tree has been cared for by its fruits"
Sirach 27:6

"you will know them by their fruits"
Matthew 7:16

"if you forgive someone who has wronged you, your sins will be forgiven when you pray"
Sirach 28:2

"forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us"
Jesus Christ

I think Our Lord was familiar with the inspired words of Sirach. First century Jews, like the Essenes had these Books in their collection.
The official Jewish canon came after Christianity was started. They had no authority to tell us what was supposed to be in our Bible, they arrested and executed the Lord... Remember?
Clay

United States

#477959 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
When are you going to understand? We are not on this side or that side. This is not a football game. We are on the side of the Truth.You made a statement about Jews killing apostles. She wanted to know who was killed by Jews(Stephen we know) and who was killed by Jews.I asked Sera to ask that question.I really wanted to know. Since you made the statement I thought you could tell me and save me looking it up.
As far as commenting on my Orthodoxy I grew up in a town of Orthodox.We all were "cousins".My family is Orthodox.
How many Orthodox have you actually known. How many have you had theological discussions with. How many have you read?
You buy into the Catholic Hierarchy and Orthodox hierarchy ruse that the Orthodox are really no different than the Catholics.Some of our Patriarchs are political. They are going to say that. But you believe your hierarchy is not.
Or maybe you think "True Orthodox" must obey their Patriarchs or they are disrespectful and not "true orthodox"
Here is a little something from history re the mutual revoking of mutual excommunications between the 2 churches
"THE mutual revocation of the nine-hundred-year old excommunications by Pope Paul and Patriarch Athenagoras on December 7th was, seen from the Catholic side, a comparatively straightforward act of reconciliation between two separated Christian Churches. Seen from the Orthodox side, the revocation is a much more problematic event because the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople's position in Orthodoxy is not comparable to that of the Pope inside Catholicism. The revocation has already brought unfavourable reactions from two of the most important autocephalous Orthodox Churches, Russia and Greece. On December 23rd Metropolitan Nikodim of Leningrad (the Church of Russia's "Foreign Minister ") commented: "This has been a gesture addressed to the Roman Church only by one local Orthodox Church and not by the whole of Eastern Orthodoxy." From past experience it is safe to assume that the views of the Churches of Rumania, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria will coincide with Moscow's. In a similar vein Archbishop Chrysostomos of Athens has declared: "No individual has the right to undertake acts of such importance on his own. This right belongs to the whole of Orthodoxy ... I am convinced the Patriarch's gesture will not be imitated [a better translation than 'recognised'] by any other Orthodox Church" (l'HE TABLET, December 11th).
Understand The people, along with the Patriarch, Bishops, and Priests, etc are the Church.And they have stopped the Patriarchs from critical error or downright selling us out more than once in history.
Its not about being on a side. Its about standing up for truth when you have the opportunity. The Biblical canon is the argument. Sola scripture is the debate. Are you for or against Catholics on this?
Same thing with the Eucharist, nick. You two will will not publicly defend the Lord because you'll look life you're siding with Catholics. That's a shame.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#477960 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We are to love our enemies:)
Yes,Marge,..But I agree with Herm,..I.have been around,Catholics..all of my life ...

And never have thought of any as enemies,...nor do THRY throw personal insults,

Now,WE ARE,ON A,FORUM STATING THAT THE RCC IS THE ONE TRUE CHURCH

do things,come up.we don't agree on..

I.have felt since,I began here,and tried to say..GOD HAS,USED,OVER THE CENTURIES,both Catholics,and non Catholics to spread,HIS,WORD

AS,WE ARE,COMMANDED.

But Catholics Herr can't seem to accept this

And I don't understand this,at all.

Yet I have nit resorted to personal slurs and insults .

Hermi is,correct ..it has,NO PLACE among Chrisisns,

And not all the Catholics do.it.

HAVE to say I had NO negative feelings about THE CHURCH people ..till o came on Here,

I thought we had,much more in common ..

We,love the same GOD

Location hidden

#477961 Sep 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>accept what? are you accepting blame as being one of those Jews that killed all of those apostles in Israel.
please remember that there is no "statue of limitations" on murder
I was correcting a typo from the post I posted before. It began with I accept...lol;;;gezzzz Preston...how old do you think I really am!!! lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477962 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>I gave ya a heart
As I just said ..until this forum. Never knew Catholics saw us as enemies and its been disturbing ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477963 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity began. The same men who used their authority to kill Jesus, used it to establish the protestant bible. Before that, many Jewels sects had the 7 books in their bible. Read about the dead sea scrolls.
This is just more truths that destroy your man made religion. I think it damns it more than the other truths because it proves your opinion of scripture is flawed. It also proves Protestantism immediately started out bad, by siding with the men who executed our Lord.
For the normal serious Christian, this truth is reason enough to look in the mirror and examine your conscience. For fanatics like you and oldg, its a call to ignore it and continue with the deceit that not so baby need to function.
Your post is confusing

How could the Pharisees??? Establish the,Protestant bible .

I'm seriously confused

Location hidden

#477964 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about being on a side. Its about standing up for truth when you have the opportunity. The Biblical canon is the argument. Sola scripture is the debate. Are you for or against Catholics on this?
Same thing with the Eucharist, nick. You two will will not publicly defend the Lord because you'll look life you're siding with Catholics. That's a shame.
Liar liar pants on fire! Quit trying to prove your devotion on Topix and prove it in how you live your life.You don't need Nick or me to help you defend ANYTHING...you guys are doing a great job all by yourself.Whats really a shame is that you just don't get what a Christian is suppose to live or behave.You think your defending the Lord when if you really look at how and what is being said ( name calling, personal attacks etc.) are not of God.But you guys will NEVER get this because Pride keeps you all from seeing it....God knows Nicks and my heart...we don't have to prove it to no one on this forum.

Location hidden

#477965 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"you can tell how well a tree has been cared for by its fruits"
Sirach 27:6
"you will know them by their fruits"
Matthew 7:16
"if you forgive someone who has wronged you, your sins will be forgiven when you pray"
Sirach 28:2
"forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us"
Jesus Christ
I think Our Lord was familiar with the inspired words of Sirach. First century Jews, like the Essenes had these Books in their collection.
The official Jewish canon came after Christianity was started. They had no authority to tell us what was supposed to be in our Bible, they arrested and executed the Lord... Remember?
Thanks Clay,you helped me to truly understand the Inquisition and the crusades...lol

Location hidden

#477966 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really shameful is using Christs suffering and sacrifice to try to belittle a Christian in a blog.A number of you have done that.The Protestants dont know thwe Eucharist.You,knowing the Holy Eucharist, should know better than that.I dont think your sharing re the Eucharist by demeaning, calling people names, and disrespecting their beliefs is going to put them any more in touch with the Eucharist.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477967 Sep 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Catholics say "Why doesn't the Bible say that it's the sole authority and source for Christian belief? The Bible doesn't say that everything is in the Bible."
Also, interested in what authority you do recognize that governs Christian life and devotion, other than the Bible. The paste up here says Sola Scriptura doesn't prevent this recognition.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477968 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>----------
1. You been here too long if you think I need to lie about a number.
2. I was not talking about myself making a typo. The Bible quote is from Romanides.I got it from him. There are misprints.
3. Why do you focus on something so obscure and not the point of the post about denominations????
Did I say you lied????? Is that coming from a guilty conscience???!!!!

Location hidden

#477969 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is confusing
How could the Pharisees??? Establish the,Protestant bible .
I'm seriously confused
==========

Clay posted:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity began. The same men who used their authority to kill Jesus, used it to establish the protestant bible.

Rosez,

I understand. He is talking about Manny Moe and Jack= the "Pep Boys".First they sat in a meeting with the Romans and made the decision to crucify. Then as long as they were sitting at the table they figured: " why not write the Bible". They wrote the Bible and then went on to establish an Camel Repair Shop in Jerusalem called the "Pep Boys". What you dont know is that Manny was the great great great etc grandfather of Martin Luther, who received this Bible as it was handed down from generation to generation. The camel Repair shop in time was converted into the "Pep Boys" auto repair shop.

Hope this is helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 878,780
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 55 min curtjester1 41,139
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr BenAdam 8,040
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 2 hr Critical Eye 15
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 272,879
anyone got cheap cigarettes for sale? (Mar '12) 4 hr David96_ 15
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web