Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478192 Sep 25, 2013
Hey nickie...did you go to idiot school lol...were you on the football team?? Wish I would have known you back then I would have gone to the idiot prom with ya..LOL;;;;;; oh but your my little idiot and I love every little idiot bit of you!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478193 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again...remember a time when nick and I did side with you all..... it is you pride and arrogance that is being attacked and and the fact that what this banner says....
You non-catholics justify your attacks against Our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ, and the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church, by calling us prideful and arrogant.......... This is just a non-catholic "excuse" to silence those of us who are sharing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible--that we know "without a doubt" for us is the TRUTH!......If you believe (as convincingly, about your Church, as "we as Catholics do" about ours, then GO LIVE YOUR FAITH and leave us alone!!! However, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that you as non-catholics, CANNOT DO THAT because your non-catholic beliefs "PREDICATED" on attacking Our Catholic Faith, the History of the Church, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and the Catholic Church.itself!....... You people use the same rhetoric as liberal politicians accusing Conservative Catholics as being hatefill against blacks because many of us didn't vote for Obama...... If your Orthodox faith is right for you and you believe that it is the truth for you to follow (then quit the attacks) and we as Catholics can live in Christian harmony and respect with each other beliefs!!!! Very simple!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478194 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Hey nickie...did you go to idiot school lol...were you on the football team?? Wish I would have known you back then I would have gone to the idiot prom with ya..LOL;;;;;; oh but your my little idiot and I love every little idiot bit of you!
I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478195 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You non-catholics justify your attacks against Our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ, and the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church, by calling us prideful and arrogant.......... This is just a non-catholic "excuse" to silence those of us who are sharing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible--that we know "without a doubt" for us is the TRUTH!......If you believe (as convincingly, about your Church, as "we as Catholics do" about ours, then GO LIVE YOUR FAITH and leave us alone!!! However, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that you as non-catholics, CANNOT DO THAT because your non-catholic beliefs "PREDICATED" on attacking Our Catholic Faith, the History of the Church, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and the Catholic Church.itself!....... You people use the same rhetoric as liberal politicians accusing Conservative Catholics as being hatefill against blacks because many of us didn't vote for Obama...... If your Orthodox faith is right for you and you believe that it is the truth for you to follow (then quit the attacks) and we as Catholics can live in Christian harmony and respect with each other beliefs!!!! Very simple!!!
Clay Just quit dragging in the Orthodox church into your posts and implying that our churches are the same.Thats when I respond.

Location hidden

#478196 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you went to the same school that Dusty claims nick went too...lol...I didn't vote for Obama...and the only harmony that you will be able to live with is other catholics...you can blame this whole mess on clay and his underhanded practices....your arrogance is also an issue and so is your pride

Location hidden

#478197 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.
Now I remember why I married you LOLOL

Location hidden

#478198 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack your pride and arrogance and the dirty tricks. Do you know that people are laughing at you now for reposting that same ole phase..WE ARE THE TRUE CHURCH. 2000 YEAR HISTORY.CHURCH THAT CHRIST FOUNDED....you believe that but no one else does or every will so give it up.It is like being in a circus and the trained dogs walk on their hind legs for a show.

Location hidden

#478199 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Christ founded...do you see us bragging about that???? Are you beginning to understand?

Location hidden

#478200 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ will silence you for your arrogance and pride...we don't have to do a thing...pride being the worst sin of all since it was pride and vanity that caused satan to fall from heaven.....are you starting to get it??

Location hidden

#478201 Sep 25, 2013
I am off to bed..nickie I will be up to tuck you in and sing you a lullaby...lol..
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478202 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>He presided over the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Commission on Roman Catholic Relations from 1963 until 1968 and accompanied the archbishop, Michael Ramsey on his historic visit to Rome in 1966.
you many times in the past have tried to foster this catholic apologist off on the people here. he is not representative of Christianity, and certainly not of Protestant beliefs.
as marge has said, the Protestant view is what the Apostles taught, not what was changed many centuries later by the rcc.
for instance, when Jesus said this is my body, He is speaking Spiritually, not litteraly, SINCE HE HAD NOT YET BEEN CRUCIFIED, and therefore we then have no other alternative but to accept that He was speaking to them to [remember] that He was giving His body for their sins to be remitted.
NEXT TIME PLEASE USE A PROTESTANT TO GIVE A VIEWPOINT, NOT A CATHOLIC APOLOGIST SUCH AS KELLY WAS.
He was a Protestant Hiostorian and highly respected scholar not a theologian. That can be verified very easily by a genius such as yourself, but then your massive brain power boasted often by you is rarely used. He was not a Catholic Apolgist. That Protestants teach what the Apostles tuaght is amusing. We have all awaited for the evdidence from Historians on this on anything that even resembles your eccleasiastical gatherings.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478203 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Christ founded...do you see us bragging about that???? Are you beginning to understand?
Yes Orthodox do that alot.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478204 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>with your arrogance and attitude you wont find me support anything coming from you mouth. Or I should say fingers..lol....change your ways we don't need you...you need us!
I need you to see your hypcorisy and the garbage and lies that spew out of your mouths. Go to confession.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478205 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever mudslinger. Its all in the link I gave you. You are correct I did not say the Orthodox believe in Purgatory basically cautionging not to assign the belief of an Orthdox to a place between heaven and hell as for what I perceived. I didnt attack the Orthodox. You felt the need though to personally insult attack and then post rubbish. Its your calling card being the humble loving respectful guy you are. lol Good stuff! The issue wasnt the Orthodox nor was it purgatory twisto. Thanks for boring me to sleep oh great one the voice of the Orthodox church.
Do you really think your reply was worth a piece of coal against a bag of silver here.
Hell, I am a "heathen", and can see your retort is worthless in it's own accord and account. You have no basis for your retort except for name calling and derogatory remark of defamation and obfuscation of any possible actuality or truth.
How about you preface some semblance of truth or actuality in your accusation or defense rather than defamation of person, so your account may be believable or even considered at all?
Or...can't you actually do that?
Your credibility depends upon it...so give it a try...so far you have failed miserably...
Carrion...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478206 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.
in fact, the only person that agrees with her on everything is the Toms River person.
Yawn...Your little mans disease is showing again. You never could get the best of me with all that brilliance you have boasted about for years. Sorry but cracker jack box IQ tests don't count. Its really scary that anyone would take you seriously.

You wish to persist in the lie and call me a woman to bolster your bruised ego. But you are a liar Preston and you have proven it many times and as for your discernment abilities. LOL The Great Apostle. How really sad.

Location hidden

#478207 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I need you to see your hypcorisy and the garbage and lies that spew out of your mouths. Go to confession.
Perhaps you should explain the exact "hipocricy"(as you put it) you are accusing here. That would be most helpful....and more direct in explanation....lest you be considered a fool or an instigator of simple hatred.
What is it ---really?
Please explain.....
I doubt you can witghout exposing the real "YOU".
Enjoy your own demise...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478208 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think your reply was worth a piece of coal against a bag of silver here.
Hell, I am a "heathen", and can see your retort is worthless in it's own accord and account. You have no basis for your retort except for name calling and derogatory remark of defamation and obfuscation of any possible actuality or truth.
How about you preface some semblance of truth or actuality in your accusation or defense rather than defamation of person, so your account may be believable or even considered at all?
Or...can't you actually do that?
Your credibility depends upon it...so give it a try...so far you have failed miserably...
Carrion...
Ah, the static cling is trying to work up a crackle again. Well since you accused me of being on a thread I was never on I should take you seriously? Naw Since you made wild claims that you couldnt back up I should take you seriously? Naw. Preface with some semblemce of truth? I gave the link he could have read it and then postulated an intelligent reply which would be alot of work for him or you for that matter. I responded to a Catholic cautioning not to place what was perceived as purgatory as an Orthodox belief. I believe the comment was a place between heaven and Hell. It was my perception of this comment. There was no derision of the Orthodox church itself or any Orthodox. That was answered by a series of personal insults and an attack on the Church with false information. The link I provided explained the position quite well. The Topic in context wasnt purgatory. You fail again to bring anythying of value. Its your forte. If you want to argue about proving God exists then do it with your buddy Herme. Im not interested in someone who just wants to rage for the sake of raging. I have always stated that I pray the leaders work through their differences. I really have no interest in talking to either of them or you, or many in here. I dont frequent here, just up late working on a project. So if you want to run around and yell nonsense have at it.

Location hidden

#478209 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the static cling is trying to work up a crackle again. Well since you accused me of being on a thread I was never on I should take you seriously? Naw Since you made wild claims that you couldnt back up I should take you seriously? Naw. Preface with some semblemce of truth? I gave the link he could have read it and then postulated an intelligent reply which would be alot of work for him or you for that matter. I responded to a Catholic cautioning not to place what was perceived as purgatory as an Orthodox belief. I believe the comment was a place between heaven and Hell. It was my perception of this comment. There was no derision of the Orthodox church itself or any Orthodox. That was answered by a series of personal insults and an attack on the Church with false information. The link I provided explained the position quite well. The Topic in context wasnt purgatory. You fail again to bring anythying of value. Its your forte. If you want to argue about proving God exists then do it with your buddy Herme. Im not interested in someone who just wants to rage for the sake of raging. I have always stated that I pray the leaders work through their differences. I really have no interest in talking to either of them or you, or many in here. I dont frequent here, just up late working on a project. So if you want to run around and yell nonsense have at it.
So...jist WHO do you think you are fool'n?
Certainly not me!
Own it bogart!

Location hidden

#478210 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait...wasn't it you who frequented the "Why I no Longer Believe in Jesus" thread with thousands of 1 liner innuendos of derogatory remarks for several months? Your Jesus would be SO proud of you for such arrogance and hatred toward humanity in their quest toward truth. If anyone or anything drove me from christianity, you were the prime factor.

Congratulation in your effort! You have succeeded in it completely!
When I was actually considering it as a viable possibility, your efforts showed me that it was mere hostility and arrogance....and then further investigation led to conclusion that it was a complete fraudulent culture of insane indoctrination.
Thank you for showing the hatred of your cult.
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478211 Sep 25, 2013
yep spy agents working very well
still all secrets they don't know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 17 min Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr River Tam 15,724
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 5 hr Dave Matthews 4
More from around the web