Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627792 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478108 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?
The question is WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! Never mind I got the answer...your the trouble maker....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478109 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The one before that was a jab. Whateva...I do not care. Have a good night.
Lie.You stated that the apostles were killed by the Jews. Myself and Sera were interested in which Apostles were killed by Jews, which by Romans, etc. I thought you knew since you posted this. We aked you to posst this into. You never did . you switched to some comment re Sola Scriptura and areal Orthodox would never support someone over a Catholic.I am not suprised that history would be changed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478110 Sep 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't embody any Ehat. What is Ehat anyway? A computer hat? what is wrong with an opinion? I think you are saying you were a Catholic, but you spew a lot of misinformation, you were tricked by a bunch of bad Baptists who wanted to spread hatred towards Christ's One and True Church. Please do research about what you post, and PLEASE proof read your posts before you post.
JESUS SAID

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

WE CHRISTIANS LIVE BY WHAT COMES FROM GOD'S MOUTH

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS

LIVE BY WHAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF YOU POPE

AND YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT ...HE IS NOT THE MOUTH OF GOD

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Location hidden

#478111 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I used a lying tongue (pro 6:17). Show me where I used 'wicked imaginations' in my post (pro 6:18). Where did I give false witness and 'speaketh lies'?(pro 6:19)
Don't manipulate sacred scripture for your own agenda. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of you two. If I stated a lie, present it and I'll apologize.
Nick believes the bread becomes the actual flesh of the Lord upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. You believe he is goin to eternal damnation for idolatry as a result.
So instead of trying to appear all cozy in order to mock my posts (which is what you two were doing) why don't you be a man and help him out before he - according to you- will lose his soul.
Why? Cuz you're a phony who's more concerned about your hatred for the Catholic Church. You'll ally with someone you believe is an idolator to advance your hatred.
Sowing discord am I? Or pointing out the discord?
The evil One is YOu... You hide behind you church to do your wicked deeds...typical....you are trying to turn confronting against nick and I...that's evil also...your bidding is of the devil not of Christ...

Location hidden

#478112 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that I don't believe you. I don't think you're all about love and humility.
Nick mocked my post in a rather long parody. And that was weird, because he shares the exact belief as I do on scripture. And Confrint -never missing a chance for some Catholic bashing- joined in on the fun.
I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of those two.
You and Nick are puzzling as well.
as puzzling as you are to us..
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#478114 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Lie.You stated that the apostles were killed by the Jews. Myself and Sera were interested in which Apostles were killed by Jews, which by Romans, etc. I thought you knew since you posted this. We aked you to posst this into. You never did . you switched to some comment re Sola Scriptura and areal Orthodox would never support someone over a Catholic.I am not suprised that history would be changed.
The one before that herm. THAT'S the one I meant to post about. I already made that clear, as well as my non interest in dragging this on.
Btw, you calling me a liar doesn't mean much. I'm very confident in my sincere heartfelt desire for truth.

Location hidden

#478115 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that I don't believe you. I don't think you're all about love and humility.
Nick mocked my post in a rather long parody. And that was weird, because he shares the exact belief as I do on scripture. And Confrint -never missing a chance for some Catholic bashing- joined in on the fun.
I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of those two.
You and Nick are puzzling as well.
Well clay that is a problem because nick and I know for sure that your not about love and humility.So we are at a mexicano stand off...if you wish I will spank nickie on the bum for mocking you if that would make you feel better. But who will spank you for mocking us???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478116 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I used a lying tongue (pro 6:17). Show me where I used 'wicked imaginations' in my post (pro 6:18). Where did I give false witness and 'speaketh lies'?(pro 6:19)
Don't manipulate sacred scripture for your own agenda. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of you two. If I stated a lie, present it and I'll apologize.
Nick believes the bread becomes the actual flesh of the Lord upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. You believe he is goin to eternal damnation for idolatry as a result.
So instead of trying to appear all cozy in order to mock my posts (which is what you two were doing) why don't you be a man and help him out before he - according to you- will lose his soul.
Why? Cuz you're a phony who's more concerned about your hatred for the Catholic Church. You'll ally with someone you believe is an idolator to advance your hatred.
Sowing discord am I? Or pointing out the discord?
----------

1, Yes the Orthodox believe in the Eucharist.No, you have no idea of differences the Caths and Orths have re the Eucharist.You also have no idea what practices re the Eucharist the Orthodox accept from the Catholics but strenuously object to.So why you would speak for the Orthodox re their position on the Eucharist just displays the arrogance of a Catholic that would read a few things from a Catholic site re the Eucharist and become an expert that can lecture and rthodox.

2. Confront and I have disagreed on many beliefs. Yet somehow we have a solid friendship.My friendship with Confront and Kaye Marie has to do with this. I see Christ in him and his wife. You, on the otherhand, who receive the Eucharist- I do not see Christ in you.

3. So the ACTUAL CHRIST in them and us surpasses ideology.

4. You are the last one to argue against Sola Scriptura. Your primary argument is that if everyone interprets the Bible their own was we will have chaos. Frankly, and no disrespect to Anthony, your Church has interpreted the Bible its own way and interpreted Tradition its own way since 1054.Exs: Pope, Immaculate Conception, Assumption, etc etc etc , Pope Pius XII, in his Apostolic constitution, Munificentissimus Deus (1950) speaking ex cathedra says Mary was assumed into heaven bodily after life but does not clarify if she died. So he is speaking authoritatively but does not know for sure one part of the Truth. What is that ? However, during a General Audience on 25 June 1997, Pope John Paul II affirmed that Mary did indeed experience natural death prior to her assumption into Heaven. Huh?????

And some Caths here want to sell doctrinal development as just a deeper understanding of tradition and the Bible but I am sure have never read Cardinal Newman or the dissents written against his thoughts.

Ill get back to you. I have a phone call.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478117 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Sola scripture doesn't exist. Its not the will of Jesus Christ. That's the whole point I was trying to make. I used the argument on the development of the Bible to show you how Protestantism immediately started out wrong.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ..And this just came to me ..But I've Bern saying it
It's not some CATCH Phrase,...sola,scripture,
Used by whoever

Either they are the words,of Jesus,..from the writers or they aren't ..

Not filtered through clerics ..popes,or Luther .

Or did the,Church make them up ...change them

IF THEY ARE THE ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS ..He spoke them to each person
Who heard them.

They don't make sense to non believers,..THEY make sense to believers,because the SPIRIT. GUIDES, OUR UNDERSTANDING..

as kids,we may learn.the stories ..or hear the GOSPEL

BUT FAITH COMES,TO US,INDIVIDUALLY ....not from anyone or in anyone but JESUS ...

HOW did The writers,remember His,words ..the SPIRIT ..

HOW do we hear the WORDS,READ AND UNDERSTAND THEM ..with true,Faith in our Saviour ..we have the,SPIRIT TO SHOW US,TRUTH.

As,we were promised .

NOT through anything but HIS,WORDS do we KNOW HIM..with the,VOICE OF THE SPIRIT WITHIN US ...
.AND BY HIS,BLOOD WE ARE SAVED
truth

Perth, Australia

#478118 Sep 24, 2013
Orthodox represent bread too
candle too
baptize kids bless salt and water too
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#478119 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The evil One is YOu... You hide behind you church to do your wicked deeds...typical....you are trying to turn confronting against nick and I...that's evil also...your bidding is of the devil not of Christ...
They are already turned against each other. That's the hypocrisy I was pointing out. They are both aware of each others theology. I Wasn't telling Confrint something he didn't already know. So its comical they'd ally for the sole purpose of trashing Catholics. I find that very week and disturbing.
I mean, he did a whole page making fun of my previous post to someone else on a topic that he supposedly agrees with me on. Who does that?

Location hidden

#478120 Sep 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The pope is picked by Christ, who is God, remember Peter?. Young men are called and picked by Christ, who is God to become priests. Women who become nuns are picked to be brides of Christ, who is God. Christ started the Catholic Church.
Your popes are picked from men behind closed doors and when a pope is picked (by men) smoke runs up a chimney!

Location hidden

#478121 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The one before that herm. THAT'S the one I meant to post about. I already made that clear, as well as my non interest in dragging this on.
Btw, you calling me a liar doesn't mean much. I'm very confident in my sincere heartfelt desire for truth.
If you start it you must see it through.....you started a argument using us as a weapon to insult a fellow Christian.why don't you follow Anthony and become more humble It is much more becoming!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#478122 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
1, Yes the Orthodox believe in the Eucharist.No, you have no idea of differences the Caths and Orths have re the Eucharist.You also have no idea what practices re the Eucharist the Orthodox accept from the Catholics but strenuously object to.So why you would speak for the Orthodox re their position on the Eucharist just displays the arrogance of a Catholic that would read a few things from a Catholic site re the Eucharist and become an expert that can lecture and rthodox.
2. Confront and I have disagreed on many beliefs. Yet somehow we have a solid friendship.My friendship with Confront and Kaye Marie has to do with this. I see Christ in him and his wife. You, on the otherhand, who receive the Eucharist- I do not see Christ in you.
3. So the ACTUAL CHRIST in them and us surpasses ideology.
4. You are the last one to argue against Sola Scriptura. Your primary argument is that if everyone interprets the Bible their own was we will have chaos. Frankly, and no disrespect to Anthony, your Church has interpreted the Bible its own way and interpreted Tradition its own way since 1054.Exs: Pope, Immaculate Conception, Assumption, etc etc etc , Pope Pius XII, in his Apostolic constitution, Munificentissimus Deus (1950) speaking ex cathedra says Mary was assumed into heaven bodily after life but does not clarify if she died. So he is speaking authoritatively but does not know for sure one part of the Truth. What is that ? However, during a General Audience on 25 June 1997, Pope John Paul II affirmed that Mary did indeed experience natural death prior to her assumption into Heaven. Huh?????
And some Caths here want to sell doctrinal development as just a deeper understanding of tradition and the Bible but I am sure have never read Cardinal Newman or the dissents written against his thoughts.
Ill get back to you. I have a phone call.
I'm glad you see Christ in Confrint. Was it the part where he lies about us worshipping Mary and statues? Or where he condemns you and all the other non born agains to Hell?
Amazing.

Well, it looks like you're goin to skirt around the Eucharist issue and make me even more confused about Orthodoxy. If whatever I posted to Confrint was wrong about your beliefs, correct me. I'll accept it.(ps I never used the title 'Purgatory' either. Just in case)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478123 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose, Christ can have but ONE SPOUSE and that is the Church that HE started!![Mt 16:18] Not a man-made church like yours…John Smyth started the Baptist church in Amsterdam.
The BIG difference between your faith and ours is ……JESUS STARTED OURS. Yours is man-made.
<quoted text>
Blessed Mother Mary is important to us because JESUS himself said...”Behold Your Mother” That is what we do.
<quoted text>
For a Catholic that went to Catholic school, you sure didn’t learn much.
Every Sacrament we have is Bible base. You guy have sacraments too, only two.
Remember what sacrament means?? A sacrament is instituted by Christ to give us Grace. If you want I can give each one to you, with the bible reference.
<quoted text>
Rose, every Christian church believes that JESUS is our Savior!!!
The big difference is our 7 Sacraments that protestant do not practice.
<quoted text>
Only TRUE because he founded HIS Church. Man founded yours and made up new rules to follow!!
<quoted text>
AS you know JESUS is the center of our MASS, no one else. We receive JESUS on Sundays in the Holy Eucharist and during the week if we like.[John 6]
How many times do you receive him? Once every 6
month? Some of Jesus followers rejected the
Eucharist, pretty much like you guys.[ John 6:64-71]
Continue
Much of your Church is,for good ..many in it are true Christians,.

BUT THE,SPOUSE IF JESUS,IS,THE BODY IF BELIEVERS,

IF THE CC IS THE SPOUSE,how,to explain things,in the,Past done in its,name .

WOULD THE SPOUSE OF JESUSX. ALLOW, THE NAME OF JESUS,TO BE USED FOR UNHOLY ACTS,.

Not bringing them up ..just saying

Was,Pope,Alexander BORGIA,..really a,successor to Peter ..

God,has used,both Catholic and then . in CATHOLIC to spread HIS,HOLY WORD,..

DO YOU REALLY THINK...OKDER CATHOLICS,that you would have regular BIBLE STUDY if it were,not for the,non Catholics influence .

Not the scriptures,read in Mass ..actual study if all the,scripture with a,bible not a CATECHISM In your hands,

I don't expect a,real answer ...But God,Seeing EHAT had been done in His name ..allowed for the,Reformation ...that's truth

So there,WOUKD be,HIS,UNADULTERATED WORD IN THE NEW,WORLD NOT CONTROLED BY KKNGS,OR POPES ..

Location hidden

#478124 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They are already turned against each other. That's the hypocrisy I was pointing out. They are both aware of each others theology. I Wasn't telling Confrint something he didn't already know. So its comical they'd ally for the sole purpose of trashing Catholics. I find that very week and disturbing.
I mean, he did a whole page making fun of my previous post to someone else on a topic that he supposedly agrees with me on. Who does that?
which post was it? They ally because of your arrogance and pridefulness....don't you see it?? don't you get it??? Its the way you catholics on this forum conduct yourselves!! The new Anthony is a breath of fresh air!!

Location hidden

#478125 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you see Christ in Confrint. Was it the part where he lies about us worshipping Mary and statues? Or where he condemns you and all the other non born agains to Hell?
Amazing.
Well, it looks like you're goin to skirt around the Eucharist issue and make me even more confused about Orthodoxy. If whatever I posted to Confrint was wrong about your beliefs, correct me. I'll accept it.(ps I never used the title 'Purgatory' either. Just in case)
spending to much time on the computer....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478126 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
you wrote
The BIG difference between your faith and ours is ……JESUS STARTED OURS. Yours is man-made.
question...
WHERE DID THE BIBLE SAY,...
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have everlasting life.
MU BIBLE SAYS
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him/JESUS should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
where and when did Jesus GIVE the roman catholic church sole
monopoly of the love mercy, and forgiveness of JESUS CHRIST
You seem to see our FAITH IN JESUS,CHRIST outside your Church as,evil

Have nothing to say to that ..Except how,Can Faith in terms Same saviour you say you believe in come from Evil

But enjoy your Church star,....peace,

Location hidden

#478127 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing.
you already were corrected many times before!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478129 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so too.
One thing you have never seen is a Catholic telling a protestant they are going to hell because they're protestant. I've been told that by most of the old timers here many times.
Well the post by star came,darn close,

We are not evil or outside the bride ..sorry I don't agree .

One of your posters,has,said we,aren't even Chrisian outside the,Church ..But not lately ..

So 'the tone is the,same Anthony .. we,are,not good enough ..or live Jesus,enough ..or have real Faith .

Well. I know more,Faith now than I ever did as a Catholic..I.understand,the,sac rifice better through the guidance and calling of the
HOLY SPIRIT ..not through any denomination..none .

O be can worship in God's,house ..Baptist or Catholic ..
But it's your heart and soul that counts,..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min IsraelLivesAgain 17,857
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Buck Crick 951,446
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 25 min ChromiuMan 5,993
sex cam add me girl safeh977 32 min gtr900 1
hello 34 min gtr900 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Neville Thompson 42,276
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min X Pendable 180,070
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Neville Thompson 278,492
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr gundee123 14,713
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr RiccardoFire 615,692
More from around the web