Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692215 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478135 Sep 24, 2013
And then there was 1, Anthony. Lets see how that goes . I am hopeful

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478136 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you the gal that said a couple hrs ago: "Jesus didn't start your Church, He never would approve of such evil"?
That's my family you're talkin about. Don't expect a flowery rainbow response from me. Expect a very direct matter-of-fact response. Grant it, I can do it with class and I always try, but don't say something like that and turn around and lecture us on kindness and humility.
I said that in response to YOU using Nick to battle confronting.YOU STARTED IT WITH YOUR TWISTED Lies AND NOW ARE TRYING TO BLAME ME??? How typical....admit that your are wrong...lets see what kinda man you are your just how compassionate you are!Scroll back scoll back before the post of what I said about your church. It is only a few post before my comment.read what you posted to confronting speaking for nick.Thats what made me upset and I posted what I said about your evil church...your family?? I apologize to your family but not your church...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478137 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing in common with the Catholic's in this forum THANK GOD!!!!!stay a catholic because you will never understand where nick and I are coming from. All you see is fight and defend.....you cant see love, humility....
From the very first day that this forum subject began, on the "Catholic Church as being the one true church" EVERY non-Catholic who came on this forum, came here for "One purpose, and one purpose only"----(Looking for a fight)!-----Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, justachristian, LTM, PAD, jethro8, you and EVERY OTHER non catholic that I have missed, are not here to "learn anything" that is TRUE about the Catholic Church, but ONLY to hostily attack it, verbally criticize it, attempt to undermine it, condemn it, judge it, and violently degrade it, INCLUDING those of us Catholic Christians who follow and adhere to Jesus Christ (EACH DAY) and His Apostolic Catholic Church.....Clay, Anthony. Regina, Star C and other Catholics are constantly, being attacked, and having to defend over 2000 years of the Biblically and historical TRUTH that Jesus Christ left to HIS Apostles, and Disciples. The difference Seraphima, is that you would not find ONE Catholic on this forum(Clay, Anthony, Regina, Star C or myself, "seeking out a Protestant or non-catholic forum" (looking for a fight or a debate against a non-catholic!! WHY!! Because, I/we as Catholics don't have anything to prove!! The TRUTH of the TRUE Doctrine and teachings of the Catholic Church have already been PROVEN!! Over and over and over again, for over 2000 years!!!! There is NOTHING TO DEBATE, there is NOTHING TO DELIBERATE OVER........EVERY NON-CATHOLIC,(always) has something to prove! They CANNOT exist, they cannot stand on their own doctrine of bible only beliefs WITHOUT attacking 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH..... It is a "necessity", it is a "priority" it is a "requirement and it is a compulsion for bible only Protestants to attack, rip and criticize the Catholic Church in order for (any one) of their 42,000+ contradicting denominations to exist!! This is EXACTLY WHY they are on this forum---(no other reason)!!!!

Location hidden

#478138 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
EDITED FOR SPACE
I would be careful though about the in betweens. For example the Orthodox on purgatory. The church really doesnt teach anything on purgatory other than its a process or a place that involves some discomfort and that nothing unclean shall enter into heaven. Semantics can get heavy in this area.

==========

I dont have the time to clarify all the inaccuracies of Dust re Orthodox- Cath beliefs. Let me take one.

STORM POSTED"
I would be careful though about the in betweens. For example the Orthodox on purgatory. The church really doesnt teach anything on purgatory other than its a process or a place that involves some discomfort and that nothing unclean shall enter into heaven. Semantics can get heavy in this area
==========
1. The Catholics ( who by the way changes their teaching from purgatory was a place to purgatory isnt a place) was based on the juridicial concept of a debt owed to God.
It gradually evolved away from this more to the purifying aspect. Orthodox never believed in the "debt to God"
The Caths then set up a accountant type system where you could earn merits that would get you or someone else less time in purgatory- like a bank.
Not only that. The Caths knew just how many points you would fet for each act.In other words they knew God's point system.
The Orthodox never believed that. Then the Catholics had indulgences, which a few Greeks had for A short time, who studied i.n the West, Gradually the Caths came more and more to the Orthodox side because this "legal argument" wasnt selling any tickets.
Also the Orthodox do have some speculation of what occurs when you die, in terms of the Uncreated Light and the metaphor of a fire ( not a real fire) but are cautious about taking it further than that. Why? Because we do not have a Pope or Church on earth that can speak for God.At one point some monastic started speaking re specifics od what occurs when you dies and the bishops told them to shut up because we dont know.
I could go on with the Storms other statements but I have wasted time on this before to no avail.9

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478139 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's what's in your heart that counts. I don't question your sincerity Rose, I just hope you can remain open to the possibility of the truth of Catholic teaching and not succumb to the hatred embraced by so many of your protestant brethren on this board.
There is much good about the,CC ..I never Said there,wasn't ..no one can make me hate anything .

I do question some of your teachings,that I think go AGSINST bible teaching as,. GENESIS. For one ..

On the mysteries ....God ..if it's His,will will tell us in heaven

But on Christ it's not denominational at all for me .

He,died,...shed His blood ..took.MY SIN to the,Cross .
He rose from.the dead ...

We must repent and try not to SIN...because we love HIM...

THERE IS NO TIME WITH GOD ..

SO we SHOuld think of it this,way

Every SIN...EVERY. MEAN THOUGHT AND WORD DONE TODAY
ADDS TO THAT CUP HE DRANK FOR US ..We hurt him with each awful thought or deed ...back then ..because it was all there on the Cross .

I am humbled by HIS,LovE FOR ME ..

And it has nothing to do with ANY CHURCH ANTHONY...ITS,FAITH IN MY LORD ..AND HIM ONLY..

PEACE

Location hidden

#478140 Sep 24, 2013
The Storm said
The real presense while some Orthodox do accept transubstantiation others do not. In the end though it is the true body, blood soul and divinity of Christ. Catholics are accused of trying to define this, but in the end we accept it as a mystery in faith what Christ said. If we are mocked for it then so be it. I still dont think people were dying because they were having a cracker snack and that is very disrpectful. Most Orthdodox I know believe Christ is present. While they do not do Adoration most Orthodox I encounter will bow out of respect. For Christ is present and just as they would not disrespect a King. The King of Kings is present.
----------

A bow is not an "Adoration" which we both know involves much much more. Thats like comparing a hello to giving a special awards dinner for someone.

There are theological reasons why most Orthodoxy do not accept transubstantiation. Not for little reasons but big reasons that have to do with Soteriology- how we receive salvation. And more importantly whether we receive salvation.

Some Orthodox writers will be quoted as using the term transubstantiation in Latin translations of a greek word that actually meant something completely different- metamophasis.

Some Orthodox used the term transubstantiation to help Caths defend the Eucharist versus the Protestant Reformers.

In truth the Caths not only displayed arrogance in defining how the bread turned into Christ but identified the exact moment this occurred. Since then they have moved more toward Orthodoxy in backing up from this. Now its a mystery.

The Orthodox position now is they accept the Caths transubstantiation but do not hold that view.
Theres more but Illl stop at this so can receive the insults.

Location hidden

#478141 Sep 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
From the very first day that this forum subject began, on the "Catholic Church as being the one true church" EVERY non-Catholic who came on this forum, came here for "One purpose, and one purpose only"----(Looking for a fight)!-----Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, justachristian, LTM, PAD, jethro8, you and EVERY OTHER non catholic that I have missed, are not here to "learn anything" that is TRUE about the Catholic Church, but ONLY to hostily attack it, verbally criticize it, attempt to undermine it, condemn it, judge it, and violently degrade it, INCLUDING those of us Catholic Christians who follow and adhere to Jesus Christ (EACH DAY) and His Apostolic Catholic Church.....Clay, Anthony. Regina, Star C and other Catholics are constantly, being attacked, and having to defend over 2000 years of the Biblically and historical TRUTH that Jesus Christ left to HIS Apostles, and Disciples. The difference Seraphima, is that you would not find ONE Catholic on this forum(Clay, Anthony, Regina, Star C or myself, "seeking out a Protestant or non-catholic forum" (looking for a fight or a debate against a non-catholic!! WHY!! Because, I/we as Catholics don't have anything to prove!! The TRUTH of the TRUE Doctrine and teachings of the Catholic Church have already been PROVEN!! Over and over and over again, for over 2000 years!!!! There is NOTHING TO DEBATE, there is NOTHING TO DELIBERATE OVER........EVERY NON-CATHOLIC,(always) has something to prove! They CANNOT exist, they cannot stand on their own doctrine of bible only beliefs WITHOUT attacking 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christs One TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH..... It is a "necessity", it is a "priority" it is a "requirement and it is a compulsion for bible only Protestants to attack, rip and criticize the Catholic Church in order for (any one) of their 42,000+ contradicting denominations to exist!! This is EXACTLY WHY they are on this forum---(no other reason)!!!!
wrong again...remember a time when nick and I did side with you all..... it is you pride and arrogance that is being attacked and and the fact that what this banner says....
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478142 Sep 24, 2013
Who put me on that Cross INRI?

You not tell me..because you did not know don't you!

INRI
-there is a no Law there
-there is a no love there
-there is a no Mercy there
-there is a suffering there

Oh poor me experience that
its nothing believe me
if you not experience that its mean you did not know nothing..
remember what i see

Smooth silky skin=its part of creation as design..
its bring me on front see
with beautiful light..they liked died but can't wounds is open..

Now who do that?!

Very nice lips with perfect speech and nice diploma don't liked that someone know..in that case they liked proclaim how ow-full depress person can be protected by Almighty God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#478143 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought there was so much hatred for the Church that Jesus started, the Catholic Church until I came to this board.
We only defend and correct false statement.
I first notice it when the pope came to the U S of A.
I also see a lot of arguments between fellow protestants. But mostly anti-Catholic posts.
Lord have mercy.
I love it!!!! A Catholic calling the pope a liar!!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible say: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built...

The Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478144 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry have you ever read the bible? There were many Kings who did wrong. know about Luther the great man whom you claim led the revolution for God teaching novel dcotrines never before heard of for 1500 years?
Have you ever read what the Isrealites did to people in the promised land? Who commanded Joshua to conduct inquiries, inquistions to weed out those who were turning people away and what did they do them?
Who was Caiphus? Did not Jesus choose Judas? Out of all the extremely good men who were Popes you choose to focus on a bad. Are we to believe that all the reformers were Angels and Protestants never persectuted anyone? It might interest you to know that basically it wasnt until the 7th century looooong after Constantine,(Baptized by an Arian Heretic) that the church was not persecuted. Paul persecuted Christians too. Jesus said, Saul, why do you persecute me. Yes Christ gave Peter the keys, yes we believe this is an office and yes just like the Jews all Rabbis had authority to bind and loose, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder. The Church never claimed that men would not sin. In fact Judas is a prime example of how betrayal can take place and yet fulfill Gods plan.
The reformation resulted in many conflicting beliefs which exponentially enumerate. So did God allow Jehovah witnesses, Church of Christ, Arnold Murray, Melissa Scott, Peter Popov hey I could list thousands of denominations and people who say they arent a denomination which hold various beliefs within. Which are the false teachers? Did God allow more groups because Luther was a mistake, Or was it Calvin? Zwingli? Knox? The reformed reformed baptist new baptist faith? Wsleyans, Holiness movements, Jesus movements, snake Handlers? LDS?
SO when Paul gives a man over to Satan and pretty much kicks him out of the church. You would once save always save him wouldnt you? Paul was wrong to do that right? I mean shame someone put them out and expect them to return to the fold if they repent? Or could they just start a new church and call it a day? WOuld that mean it was because Paul was evil that God allowed it?
Or maybe Pat Robertson is right and everytime a hurrican hits its because bible belters were really messing up? I am just going with your logic. Just wondering since you have determined this on your own that God wanted this rather than praying that we be one. Just wondering that since rebellion is all throughout the bible. Reform for correcting wrongs is good, but many truths?
ANSWERING IN BRIEF ...was,trying o avoid this,..

USED BORGIS,BECAUSE you all brag on the unbroken succession ..he and others....NOT in any way successors

I do not worship or revere LUTHER

I'M SAYING GOD WANTED MORE,WAYS,TO SPREAD THE FAITH THAN THE RCC who was,so entrenched in politics, and,succession,..they allowed persecutions in Jesus,name

God does use flawed men ..Luther was searching ..unhappy with many practices the Church was allowing ..he was motivated .

Ate there,people who read things into scripture That just are not
therE. However

The faith of God was,brought here ..the freedom to worship was encoded without a,state religion because if CHRISTIANS WHO CAME HERE ..spreading the gospel ..NOT JUST by priests in CATHOLIC territories .

I firmly believe God wAnted the BIBLE spread from coast to coast unfettered by the Catholic monarchs ...which were entwined with THE CC.

Maybe He wanted it sooner ...mire wide spread .... Or with kids,with bibles,as primers ..I don't know.

But it was a clear message to your CHURCH ..they DON'T OWN FAITH ..they cannot persecute,or allow persecution in His,name .

We're the reformers or all settlers great ..of course not ..

GOD USES flawed people ...He got HIS GOSPEL DPREAD FROM TE WORD OF THE GOSPELS,..He made this country blessed .......And used us,for His purpose ..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#478145 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?
There is no Catholic Church....there is a denomination called Catholic...AKA as Roman Catholic....Christ built no denomination...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#478146 Sep 24, 2013
A TRUE BLOND

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive, double-pane,
energy-efficient kind. Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He complained that the work had been completed a year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Hellloooo,.........just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy told me last year...that these windows would pay for themselves in a year.

Helllooooo......it's been a year, so I told him they are paid for. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally hung up.

He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478147 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be one of those nonjudgental posts and respectful non personal attacks that you oft claim you never have done. Eureka!
God knows your heart, yes he does and so do we. I truly am sorry that you have so much hatred and bitterness in you. Rather than seek to attack the Orthodox or rather your views of Orthodoxy. I continue to hope and pray that those who seek the truth in charity continue to come together and work to resolve misunderstanding and work together to promote Christ and seek common values and beliefs rather than dig for differences out of spite with contempt.
Firstly...PROVE your deity even exists...Then and only then will we have anything worth discussing in the first place.
All the rest of your rhetoric is wasted on something other than any realization of any semblence of reality.
GO!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478148 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
I dont have the time to clarify all the inaccuracies of Dust re Orthodox- Cath beliefs. Let me take one.
STORM POSTED"
I would be careful though about the in betweens. For example the Orthodox on purgatory. The church really doesnt teach anything on purgatory other than its a process or a place that involves some discomfort and that nothing unclean shall enter into heaven. Semantics can get heavy in this area
==========
1. The Catholics ( who by the way changes their teaching from purgatory was a place to purgatory isnt a place) was based on the juridicial concept of a debt owed to God.
It gradually evolved away from this more to the purifying aspect. Orthodox never believed in the "debt to God"
The Caths then set up a accountant type system where you could earn merits that would get you or someone else less time in purgatory- like a bank.
Not only that. The Caths knew just how many points you would fet for each act.In other words they knew God's point system.
The Orthodox never believed that. Then the Catholics had indulgences, which a few Greeks had for A short time, who studied i.n the West, Gradually the Caths came more and more to the Orthodox side because this "legal argument" wasnt selling any tickets.
Also the Orthodox do have some speculation of what occurs when you die, in terms of the Uncreated Light and the metaphor of a fire ( not a real fire) but are cautious about taking it further than that. Why? Because we do not have a Pope or Church on earth that can speak for God.At one point some monastic started speaking re specifics od what occurs when you dies and the bishops told them to shut up because we dont know.
I could go on with the Storms other statements but I have wasted time on this before to no avail.9
Ah..Yes Herm the great scholar has no time to respond to accurate information, but has time to spew inaccuaracies above which were not even the focus of the context. However the saga of humiliation and respect for others continues. lol

Myth 5: An indulgence will shorten your time in purgatory by a fixed number of days.

The number of days which used to be attached to indulgences were references to the period of penance one might undergo during life on earth. The Catholic Church does not claim to know anything about how long or short purgatory is in general, much less in a specific person’s case.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/myths-about-in...
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478149 Sep 24, 2013
about bread and wine
Orthodox bread is big home cooking
i think they can feed all family with that
with nice butter cheese and so on..

with catholic bread are so tiny just formal symbolic you are still hungry as they represent hunger for God..

Levite bread are kvasac as which Jew used in old time
Muslim bread are as level flet as we call palacinka its good for Mexican spice food..
Could you imagine that hunger for God.

Wine..oh yes wine..can be addict and be drunker too.
Or stomach problem about what?

Are you for sure spiritual hunger is deference?
Did they fly without any control what so ever as well hurt many?

Its dangerous except joke upon yourself!

When time come not to turn to anyone, what you will do?

Hopeless oh very nice to be.

My Son liked bring me to school again.
I love that boy very much.
Between father and us is deference as Heaven and Earth.

Are you for sure all mothers is wrong?
Then our lovely Lady must be very loving mother
when God put her in his plain.

I will try talk with my boys about my spaceship.
I will drove everything from my mind not to much connect just dot to dot.
I will tell them on ordinary way where is secrets stay of others..when i call others nothing its mean with numbers zero=0 but its geometric correction deference hole where they hide in water air desert mountains and so on.

Then they will be very laud with diploma accusers accusers accusers..look papers can take any letters
as poor documentations.

Location hidden

#478150 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah..Yes Herm the great scholar has no time to respond to accurate information, but has time to spew inaccuaracies above which were not even the focus of the context. However the saga of humiliation and respect for others continues. lol
Myth 5: An indulgence will shorten your time in purgatory by a fixed number of days.
The number of days which used to be attached to indulgences were references to the period of penance one might undergo during life on earth. The Catholic Church does not claim to know anything about how long or short purgatory is in general, much less in a specific person’s case.
are you forgetting the imdulgence for those already in purgatory that will shorten their time in purgatory???

Location hidden

#478151 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck is wrong with you!!!! You just cant help yourself can you! You love insulting people to make a point and then you wonder WHY non catholics attack your church.....YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES HERE ARE A SORRY EXAMPLE FOR YOUR CHURCH! That's a fact not an insult!! Try making a post wthout a personal attack
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478152 Sep 24, 2013
No Pape don't know my personality.
He is not angry over me if i can't or any other person can't something do.
They understood everything very well.

When you express yourself as children to Father there is a not pride.

You don't need used special name or ad anything.

Personal conversion is some as member of any family.

Catholic family in unity is some.

Hardship yee suffering is part of great love
where is love not exist but existence within inner of self and holy spirit.
Jesus Christ do that for humanity.

Its good that you know INRI its price as great payment for many.

I confirm and describe that how its looks INRI.

Do you liked me or not for me no any sense not so ever what others say except that others try hurt as much as they could.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#478153 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ..And this just came to me ..But I've Bern saying it
It's not some CATCH Phrase,...sola,scripture,
Used by whoever
Either they are the words,of Jesus,..from the writers or they aren't ..
Not filtered through clerics ..popes,or Luther .
Or did the,Church make them up ...change them
IF THEY ARE THE ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS ..He spoke them to each person
Who heard them.
They don't make sense to non believers,..THEY make sense to believers,because the SPIRIT. GUIDES, OUR UNDERSTANDING..
as kids,we may learn.the stories ..or hear the GOSPEL
BUT FAITH COMES,TO US,INDIVIDUALLY ....not from anyone or in anyone but JESUS ...
HOW did The writers,remember His,words ..the SPIRIT ..
HOW do we hear the WORDS,READ AND UNDERSTAND THEM ..with true,Faith in our Saviour ..we have the,SPIRIT TO SHOW US,TRUTH.
As,we were promised .
NOT through anything but HIS,WORDS do we KNOW HIM..with the,VOICE OF THE SPIRIT WITHIN US ...
.AND BY HIS,BLOOD WE ARE SAVED
Thanks Rosie that's what I've been trying to say, The Word is the authority, it says what it says unfiltered and always will, they can't hear it or perceive it is the problem, they go by what they are told without being born-anew so they can hear and see and be under the authority of Scripture for themselves. We just have to pray for them. Love you grammy.
truth

The Vines, Australia

#478154 Sep 24, 2013
I am sorry I don't liked be smart or highly educated no.

n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tellthetruth 990,752
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Trump is a joke 47,483
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 1 hr John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 1 hr Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 5 hr Guy from Latonia 1
Budha Prolly Went To He11 10 hr Smiley 7
More from around the web