Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699664 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Gosnells, Australia

#477929 Sep 24, 2013
set up your computers for your 50 cents

if you have printer you can print money
as much as you could

slavery is abolish

don't work any more for corupt organization
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477930 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>please explain...this is completely confusing....which Apostles were killed by Romans and which were killed by Jews? And when you talking about choosing the canons or are you talking about Jews or Jewish Christians?
Why on Earth are you in any way, siding with them on this argument? No Orthodox would do this. And yes, Jews and Romans killed off the Apostles.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#477931 Sep 24, 2013
BlogsPhilip Nation
Philip Nation

Philip NationRSS this blog
Archives
Contributors
PrevNextSeptember 2013.Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
. Come out into the Tempest of Living
Thursday, September 19, 2013 0 PrintEmailIn his book Ethics, Dietrich Bonhoeffer included a poetical series in the introduction entitled “Stations of the Way to Freedom.” The poems included themes of self-discipline, action, suffering, and death. Though all four sections are written in such a way to demand a response, there is something about the second section that has always drawn me in. It reads:

Action

Do and dare what is right, not swayed by the whim of the moment.

Bravely take hold of the real, not dallying now with what might be.

Not in the flight of ideas but only in action is freedom.

Make up your mind and come out into the tempest of living.

God’s command is enough and your faith in him to sustain you.

Then at last freedom will welcome your spirit amid great rejoicing.

The phrase “come out into the tempest of living” captures my imagination. We work so hard at making life easy when it never is. And the moment that it is easy, then we have likely stepped into no man’s land where meaning and purpose are lost for us. It does not mean that every day is a decision to leave hearth and home for a wild, safari-like adventure. Rather, we should see life as a series of dares and whims and bravely taken steps. Otherwise, what is the point?

As you go about work and chores and the occasional adventure, remember that it is in the storms of life that we can catch the wind and experience God’s pleasure in our days. The moment that you feel as if control as slipped from your grasp, rejoice. It is likely the moment that you are in that great tempest that brings joy.

----------

Since: Sep 12

Philippines

#477932 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
NEITHER COULD THE GENTILE POPES that is claimed by THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TO BE PETERS PAPAL SUCCESSORS ...
HAVE THE KEYS OF DAVID UPON THEIR SHOULDERS..
PETER WHICH WAS A JEW WAS SENT.... THE APOSTLE....TO THE JEWS..
PAUL WHICH WAS A ROMAN JEW WAS SENT AS THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES...
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
PAUL DID NOT RECOGNIZE PETER/CEPHAS AS THE POPE...
NOTE HERE
PAUL NAMES CEPHAS HIM WITH OTHERS ..THEN SAYS ...THEY SEEM TO BE PILLARS
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship;
that we should go unto the heathen, and
they unto the circumcision.
___
GENEVA Bible commentary Dated 1599
2 Timothy 2:15
(9) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,(e) rightly dividing the word of truth.
(9) The fifth admonition: a minister must not be an idle disputer, but a faithful steward in correctly dividing the word of truth, in so much that he must stop the mouths of other vain babblers.
(e) By adding nothing to it, neither deleting anything, neither mangling it, nor rending it apart, nor distorting it: but marking diligently what his hearers are able to bear, and what is fit to edifying.
Cephas is not Peter.

Mark 16:7 "Go your way, tell his disciples, and Peter"
Acts 2:37 "say unto Peter and the rest of the apostles."
Acts 5:29 then Peter and the other apostles answered and said
Mark 1:36 and Peter and those that were with him
Luke 8:45 Peter and they that were with him
Luke 9:32 Peter and they that were with him
Peter is always listed first and Judas as last. Mat 10:2, but Peter was not the first apostle.
John 20:4-6 John outran Peter to the Sepulchre but waited for Peter to go first.
Acts 5 Peter meets out the discipline of the church
Acts 10:9-13 Peter&#65279; receives the vision that the prescriptions of the old law has ended
Acts 15 Paul and Barnabas go to consult about the issue of circumcision, Peter rises up makes the final decision.

Protestant Bibles have Censored Acts 15:41, removed is "Keeping the precepts of the Apostles and Ancients"

Jesus appoints Peter Pope(father[1])/Prime Minister of the Kingdom

Matthew 16:18. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bed bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will bee loosed in heaven.”

Isaiah 22:15-25 He will be a father[1] to those who live in Jerusalem and to the people of Judah. I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477933 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on Earth are you in any way, siding with them on this argument? No Orthodox would do this. And yes, Jews and Romans killed off the Apostles.
even catholicism teaches that Thomas was killed in India.

why don't you try and learn something before you post foolishness?

Saint Thomas the Apostle, also called Doubting Thomas or Didymus (The Twin), was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, according to the New Testament. He is best known for questioning Jesus' resurrection after death when first told of it, followed by his confession of faith as both "My Lord and my God" on seeing and touching Jesus' tangible and physical wounded body in Gospel of Saint John 20:28. Traditionally he is said to have traveled outside the Roman Empire to preach the Gospel, traveling as far as India.

and here is the reason why Thomas went to India.

Dozens of Jews who claim to be the descendants of a lost biblical Jewish tribe have emigrated to Israel from their village in northeastern India. The Bnei Menashe say they are descended from Jews banished from ancient Israel to India in the eighth century BC. An Israeli chief rabbi recognized them as a lost tribe in 2005 and about 1,700 moved to Israel
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477934 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The collection of writings that Protestants call the Apocrypha (hidden writings), Roman Catholics call the deuterocanonical (later or second canon) books. These books were written between 300 B.C. and 100 A.D., the Intertestamental Period between the inspired writings of God's Prophets in the Old Testament and those of the Apostles and their contemporaries in the New Testament. These were "infallibly" accepted into the Bible by the Roman Catholic Church in 1546 at the Council of Trent. Now the Apocrypha would be covered under the evidence for the Bible if these writings were truly inspired - but evidence seems to indicate that they are not. In the Bible we find prophets of God whose messages are ratified by miracles or prophecy that comes true, and whose message is immediately accepted by the people (Deut 31:26; Josh. 24:26; 1 Samuel 10:25; Daniel 9:2; Col. 4:16; 2 Peter 3:15-16). What we find in the apocrypha is just the opposite - no apocryphal book was written by a prophet. None of these books were included in the Hebrew Scriptures. There is no ratification of the authors of any apocryphal book. No apocryphal book is cited as authoritative by later Biblical writers. There is no fulfilled prophecy in any apocryphal book. Finally, Jesus, who quoted from every section of Old Testament Scripture, never once quoted from the apocrypha. Neither did any of His disciples.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/which-book.html#i...
This is the same pamphlet that oldg used. Least you had the guts to reveal it. The writer says Jesus never quoted from the 7 Books. The truth is He did.
Here is one:
Sirach 51:27 "see for yourself that I have labored a little and I have found much rest for myself"

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all thee that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
Normand Winnipeg

Winnipeg, Canada

#477936 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Norman Norman Norman. I can't find anywhere in the four Gospels where Christ tells us which Books we should be sola scripturing. Remember, your team are the ones who preach sola scripture...
I merely showed you that you do not have all the scripture to sola scripture with. If the 66 Books of your bible are the correct amount, could you please show me where Jesus says it is?
Also, why on Earth would you listen to Luther and Calvin to determine which Books belong in your bible?
--- Clay, I do not listen to Luther and Calvin; I did not even read their books, BUT I do listen to JESUS CHRIST and the four Gospels along with Peter because they are THE BEST... Thankyou, and I hope to meet you in Heaven... Clay the 4 Gospels are The Best, that was written by Jewish Followers of JESUS CHRIST... Again Clay remember that the True CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST started in Jerusalem and NOT in ROME...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#477937 Sep 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone") is the doctrine that the Bible contains all knowledge necessary for salvation and holiness.
Consequently, sola scriptura demands that only those doctrines are to be admitted or confessed that are found directly within or indirectly by using valid logical deduction or valid deductive reasoning from scripture.
However, sola scriptura is not a denial of other authorities governing Christian life and devotion. Rather, it simply demands that all other authorities are subordinate to, and are to be corrected by, the written word of God. Sola scriptura was a foundational doctrinal principle of the Protestant Reformation held by the Reformers and is a formal principle of Protestantism today...
And all Catlicks say...."Horse puckett!!!! If da pope say it...dats good enough for me...don' matter what Christ He say."
Actually, Catholics say "Why doesn't the Bible say that it's the sole authority and source for Christian belief? The Bible doesn't say that everything is in the Bible."

Also, interested in what authority you do recognize that governs Christian life and devotion, other than the Bible. The paste up here says Sola Scriptura doesn't prevent this recognition.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#477938 Sep 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typing Acts 9:2 instead of St.John 14.62 is certainly a whopper of a typo!!!!
How one could get mixed up and type St.John instead of Mark is easily understood!!!!
----------

1. You been here too long if you think I need to lie about a number.

2. I was not talking about myself making a typo. The Bible quote is from Romanides.I got it from him. There are misprints.

3. Why do you focus on something so obscure and not the point of the post about denominations????

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477939 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I am siding with no one on this! I asked you which Apostles were killed by Jews and which were killed by Romans...there you go again with the NO ORTHODOX WOULD DO THIS as a defense when no attack on you was made by me. I was asking a sincere question..

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#477940 Sep 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not ever changing.
“Actually, doctrines are defined formally only when there is a controversy that needs to be cleared up or when the magisterium (the Church in its office as teacher; cf. Matt. 28:18–20; 1 Tim. 3:15, 4:11) thinks the faithful can be helped by particular emphasis being drawn to some already-existing belief.”
"When Fundamentalists claim that the doctrine was "invented" at this time, they misunderstand both the history of dogmas and what prompts the Church to issue, from time to time, definitive pronouncements regarding faith or morals. They are under the impression that no doctrine is believed until the pope or an ecumenical council issues a formal statement about it."
Jesus left his Apostles to teach on earth. they are the witnesses.
HE said "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" Luke 10:16
AND
Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth John 16:12-13
We can have confidence that his Church teaches the truth of Christ.
NASL, not sure what is going on with your wife, I read some are prayer for her. I'll join them for your special intentions, I pray is she okay.
New Age said:
According to hojo it changed over a course of 50 years in the 4th C.
But I will agree with his assertion, it has.
This is just more of your "same old" Protestant (bible only) lies and distorting of the truth of Church history that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!...... NOWHERE have I ever said nor did I ever say that the One True Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ has changed its doctrine over a course of 50 years in the 4th Century. Sorry New Age!!! But your lying IS NOT going to pit me or any other Catholic against Star or another Catholic..... You "fundies" rely on "playing your (merry-go-round) game of deception" with your other Protestant contradicting "propagandists" but NOT with us Catholics. God NEVER was, nor ever WILL BE the author of your bible only Protestant inconsistent "confusion and chaos
Stop your whining, yes you did:

"However, we. as Catholics, all know that you "can't do that" because the "main premise" of fundamental Sola Scriptura Protestantism is that IT MUST deny, IT MUST attack, and IT MUST condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible from 382, 393 and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers "who wrote it", "interpreted it" and "gave it to you fundies" so that you can re-interpret and mis-interpret to your own (demise and destruction)"

My mistake though - I said 50 years - you stated 382 thru 397 - that was only 15 years.

...and still 350+ years after 33 CE.

Get a clue hojo, your ignorance is really the only thing that stops you from becoming intelligent.

Albuquerque, NM

#477941 Sep 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Pope Francis quote....
“Given that — and this is the key point — God’s mercy has no limits, if you go to him with a sincere and repentant heart, the issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience,” Francis writes in his letter.
“Sin, even for those who have no faith, is when one goes against their conscience,” he added.“To listen and to obey to (one’s conscience) means to decide oneself in relation to what’s perceived as good and evil. And this decision is fundamental to determining the good or evil of our actions.”
Conscience?
"Conscience?"

Yes - Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#477942 Sep 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We are to love our enemies:)
Who are your enemies?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477943 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same pamphlet that oldg used. Least you had the guts to reveal it. The writer says Jesus never quoted from the 7 Books. The truth is He did.
Here is one:
Sirach 51:27 "see for yourself that I have labored a little and I have found much rest for myself"
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all thee that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
Excuse me? Are you really saying those two passages are saying the same thing, not even close if you ask me.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477944 Sep 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Catholics say "Why doesn't the Bible say that it's the sole authority and source for Christian belief? The Bible doesn't say that everything is in the Bible."
Also, interested in what authority you do recognize that governs Christian life and devotion, other than the Bible. The paste up here says Sola Scriptura doesn't prevent this recognition.
Did you skip over this part?,

'Rather, it simply demands that all other authorities are subordinate to, and are to be corrected by, the written word of God.'

Albuquerque, NM

#477945 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find anywhere in the four Gospels where Christ tells us which Books we should be sola scripturing.
And I can't find anywhere where "God" specifically names which of the biblical canon tezxts are inspired by "Him".

Looks like either all books are suitable for use or none of them are.

Albuquerque, NM

#477946 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one have to "side" with religion?

Location hidden

#477947 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Icet apologies between the hours of 1-3 pm est.after that I will have to suit up...lol

Location hidden

#477948 Sep 24, 2013
I accept....

Location hidden

#477949 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are your enemies?
Have a cup of coffee. You'll be here all day if I listed mine...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lip Lib... 72,972
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 10 min Jackie 19
Bj 13 min Jackie 1
Anybody wanna be dirty on FaceTime? (Feb '12) 29 min Avery 29
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Gabriel 995,177
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 447,505
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Johnny 158