Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#477805 Sep 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
NO Catholic (nor anyone else--who knows the TRUTH) has ever said that the Catholic Church SAVES ANYONE!! We ALL know that Jesus is the one who Saves!....
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....
YOUR CHURCH DOES NOT PRESENT JESUS...IT PRESENTS A PLACEBO
YOU WORSHIP... THE STAGE PROPS ...AND THE SUPPORTING ACTORS ...OF THE DRAMA.
In the years that I have been on this forum...
I have never witnessed ANY Roman Catholic presenting Jesus..as Lord and Saviour...
or asking any one to receive him as their LORD AND SAVIOR...
ALL YOU PRESENT... TO THE WORLD ...IS YOUR CHURCH ....AND IT'S
CONJECTURE..POMP PRIDE RITUALS AND CALISTHENICS...
YOU REJECT THE WORD'S OF JESUS.... AND PRESENT FABLES ASSUMPTIONS AND CARNAL INVENTIONS...
EVEN YOUR EUCHARIST IS REMOTE...IT IS ALL TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF FLESH
AND BLOOD AND NOTHING ABOUT THE ONE THAT GAVE IT...
YOU CONTINUALLY PRESENT AN IMAGE OF A CORRUPTIBLE MAN UPON A CROSS
CALLING IT.... A CRUCIFIX.
Snipped for space.

A crucifix is to remind us of how HE DIED FOR OUR SINS.
Since you DO NOT ATTEND MASS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOES ON. SO STOP
MAKING accusations of what you know nothing about.

ALL you have to know is that JESUS FOUNDED OUR CHURCH, not yours.

You follow the teachings of your founder Aimee a druggie and an adulterous.

“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...

Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#477806 Sep 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
According to hojo it changed over a course of 50 years in the 4th C.
But I will agree with his assertion, it has.
But then you will quote Jesus, which is not applicable to my question, considering you don't believe in half of his teachings.
Thanks for the well wishes. I'll let yo know when your prayer has
arrived at my home.
:o)
Peace and light.
I believe in all HIS teachings. 50 yrs? You misunderstood hojo. Show me the post.

My prayers will never get to your house, I'm sending them up to Jesus' and his helpers. RV 8

:-)

United States

#477807 Sep 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
I have searched the Bible from cover to cover and no place, NO PLACE is it written Mary remained a virgin her entire life. NO PLACE. If her perpetual virginity was important and true we would find it in the Bible. Why is it NOT IN THE BIBLE?
-
-
Clay wrote:
- You have not searched the Bible from cover to cover. You eliminated Tobit, Sirach, Maccabbees 1 & 2, Judith, Wisdom and Baruch. You may say this is diverting from the subject of Mary's virginity, but its not. The fact that you removed those Books is evidence of your lack of scriptural understanding to begin with. That is, what exactly is scripture. The Evangelical definition is so far out there, that one has to completely dumb down to accept your brand of the faith.
You have your kjv bible. Its got a nice cover on it i assume and yellow highlighted markings throughout, so you can easily go from verse to verse. You believe the Bible is one book and not a collection, correct? Well, the truth is, the Bible itself is a result of sacred tradition and the Universal Church. Many evangelicals refuse to entertain these facts. They badly need to believe it fell out of the sky and the will of Christ is for everyone to search it to figure out the truth.
So given the fact your definition of sacred scriptures is flawed from the get go, its pointless for you to demand a verse that says, "her name was Mary and she never had any other children".
The scriptures were not given to us with every "I" and "T" dotted and crossed; every little detail was not clarified. That's why Christ left us with His Church and a hierarchal teaching magisterium, who He guaranteed to protect from error. He didn't leave us with a canon of a Bible to figure it all out.
"If I am delayed, you'll know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth"
Find out which Church was there to bring this verse to the world and you'll arrive at the correct pillar and bulwark of truth.
-
-
ahem!
YOU cannot ADD to the Bible and expect to understand it.
-
The books you cite as being taken out by Protestants were ADDED by Constantinian Catholics.
-
These books were NEVER in the Jewish Canon of Scripture. Never, ever, ever! THAT is the starting point for deciding whether they should be included or discarded.
-
You can not ADD false teachings and spurious books and still legally call the book you use The Holy Bible.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#477808 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets see ...... Peter was an idiot, Mary was an incompetent vessel, all the Disciples of the Apostles were morons, Padre Pio was a 'poor ignorant man' who's in hell for not being born again.

Confrint, you're an idiot. Really.
Did you notice how confrint tried to say that was your quote? When all you were doing was quoting him.

That’s what expected [fr.a so-called Christian] and a person that follows lil' Aimee.

Sacred heart of Jesus, have mercy.

St Joseph, pray for us.
St Mary, pray for us.
All the angles and saints, pray for us. Rv 8
<><

United States

#477809 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple clarifications for you ol 'ignorant one. The Catholic Church added 27 Books to the Bible when they created the Christian canon in the 4th century. That's why you have one to beat us over the head.
You call those other 7 Books nonsense? Why? The fact is you do not know why. None of you do. The canon appeared out of the sky for your interpretations.
Fact: Martin Luther never told you guys that the Jewish canon was compiled AFTER Christianity began... Around 80 AD. In truth, the same men who executed Jesus Christ installed your canon of Scripture.
Fact: Jesus Christ quotes from the Books that you guys call trash.
This proves for the normal serious Christians that your whole theology and the ignorance and deception that sustains it, is one big joke. Its by the infinite love and mercy of God, that you can function at all. Indeed God is good!
-
-
the ONLY books the Catholic Church *added* were the ones to the Hebrew Canon of Scripture. And, CLEARLY, they DO NOT BELONG there.
-
As for the Christian Greek Scriptures? the *Catholic Church* did not
add them to The Bible. Get over it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477810 Sep 23, 2013
who="Seraphima" I didn't use to get the flu shot but since nick got sick his doctors told me to get it since I care for him. I hardly ever get sick.
Did you start getting the flu after he got the shots? My doctor said that I should not take the shot till I am stronger.
I got the flu shot not nick. He can not take them because he has a very low immune system. Nickie lives in a bubble just about.He leaves the house only for doctors appointments and then he has to wear a mask.And company is restricted is to family only and he sypes with the grandkids.He can not be around people...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477811 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets see ...... Peter was an idiot, Mary was an incompetent vessel, all the Disciples of the Apostles were morons, Padre Pio was a 'poor ignorant man' who's in hell for not being born again.
Confrint, you're an idiot. Really.
~~~

I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM..AND SO ARE YOU...

ALL I KNOW IS... CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO DISCIPLES OF JESUS.

JESUS IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH...

It is evident that you are thumbing your nose at HIS WORD

THE word of God...(JESUS HIMSELF...

Eternity will prove WHOM IT IS THAT IS right...

PLAY YOUR BINGO GAME WITH YOU SOUL AS YOU PLEASE

HELL IS HOT AND ETERNAL...

Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Heb 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

IT'S YOUR CHOICE ...WHETHER YOU BELIEVE GOD'S WORD OR NOT...

YOU SHOW ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF A PERSON WITH A REPROBATE MIND...

YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO SENSITIVITY TO GOD'S WORD..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477812 Sep 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in all HIS teachings. 50 yrs? You misunderstood hojo. Show me the post.
My prayers will never get to your house, I'm sending them up to Jesus' and his helpers. RV 8
No - I didn't - he seems pretty sure on his assertion:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Okay, I'll wait for your prayers to be answered. I'll let you know when they are completed.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477813 Sep 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in all HIS teachings.
Stop lying - no you don't.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477814 Sep 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be hope for you when you grow up!!!!!
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
~~~

IF IT MEANS BECOMING SUCH A ONE A YOUR SELF...

I prefer to remain a child..AND ADHERE TO THE HEAVENLY FATHERS WILL

THE BIBLE SAYS..

Rom_16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf:

but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

United States

#477815 Sep 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
I believe in all HIS teachings.
-
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying - no you don't.
-
-
Whatever the "Catholic Church" does, is - according to Catholics - the teachings of Christ. This is why they could torture and murder heretics and not feel the slightest bit of guilt. This is what allows them to STILL adhere to the false teaching of the Catholic Church and not suffer from the OBVIOUS conflict.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477816 Sep 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
ahem!
-
The books you cite as being taken out by Protestants were ADDED by Constantinian Catholics.
-
These books were NEVER in the Jewish Canon of Scripture. Never, ever, ever! THAT is the starting point for deciding whether they should be included or discarded.
-
You can not ADD false teachings and spurious books and still legally call the book you use The Holy Bible.
True, the Jewish Canon is what we go by; Romans 3:2, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477817 Sep 23, 2013
1What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

United States

#477818 Sep 23, 2013
guest wrote:
ahem!
-
-
-
-
-
marge wrote:
True, the Jewish Canon is what we go by; Romans 3:2, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God.
-
-
and yet - Catholics think they can do whatever they want and God will still support them.
They say they "believe" the Bible - and yet everything they do contradicts the Bible.
Pagan rites and rituals borrowed from the surrounding area, the use of a rosary, the host etc. everything borrowed from Paganism, ad nauseam - in essence telling God that he doesn't know what he is doing. Rather than obeying God and doing what he commands.

Location hidden

#477819 Sep 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am "overwhelming convinced" that Jesus Christ initiated, established and authenticated ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH, over 2000 years ago, and it was PROVEN historically from the bible and from the "vast majority" of accredited Church Historian, Apologistic authors and writers and from 20 centuries of the recorded biographical documented Lives of the Saints ---TO BE Jesus Christs ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH.....I am also "overwhelmingly convinced" that it is also "necessary" to repeat the SAME TRUTH, over and over and over again, to vindictive, judgemental,and hatefilled "anti-catholic" bible only heretics, such as you Confrinting, who (in your own pridefilled lies) "desperately" attempt to twist, undermine and distort the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible in your condemnation of ANY and ALL CHRISTIANS---especially Catholics.
Jesus warned HIS APOSTLES, HIS TRUE DISCIPLES and all of us as HIS TRUE FOLLOWERS to beware of heretical preachers such as you, when in Matthew 16:18 HE tell us that the "Gates of hell shall not prevail against (HIS ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL-CATHOLIC CHURCH)!!
Proof that what you are saying is a balf-face lie, is found in Scripture.

In Rel, Christ spoke of seven churches.....none of which did He refer to as Catholic...or Roman Catholic..

Plus you are calling the pope a liar...

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original.

Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built....

Plus...the RCC is a denomination of the Christian faith.....the largest in the USA....

Location hidden

#477820 Sep 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for space.
A crucifix is to remind us of how HE DIED FOR OUR SINS.
Since you DO NOT ATTEND MASS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT GOES ON. SO STOP
MAKING accusations of what you know nothing about.
ALL you have to know is that JESUS FOUNDED OUR CHURCH, not yours.
You follow the teachings of your founder Aimee a druggie and an adulterous.
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbituates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
Proof that what you are saying is a bald-face lie, is found in Scripture.

In Rel, Christ spoke of seven churches.....none of which did He refer to as Catholic...or Roman Catholic..

Plus you are calling the pope a liar...

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original.

Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Therefore...any....bar none...Christian congregation or an assembly of, is the church Christ built....

Plus...the RCC is a denomination of the Christian faith.....the largest in the USA....

Location hidden

#477821 Sep 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pray to Jesus, you have a closer advocate...your fence post...

He say: When ye pray, pray Our Father who art in Heaven, etc etc..

He say: whatever you ask, in my name, believing, it will be done..

And..., if God is not your Father in Heaven, there is always your fence post...

Are you God's daughter????

Location hidden

#477822 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IF IT MEANS BECOMING SUCH A ONE A YOUR SELF...
I prefer to remain a child..AND ADHERE TO THE HEAVENLY FATHERS WILL
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Rom_16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf:
but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
You are in a heavy dense fog!!!! And being senile does not work in your favor!!!

What does your babbling have to do with:
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

United States

#477823 Sep 23, 2013
If the Pope told Catholics to torture and murder heretics in these days -- what would the Catholics actually do?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477824 Sep 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
and yet - Catholics think they can do whatever they want and God will still support them.
They say they "believe" the Bible - and yet everything they do contradicts the Bible.
Pagan rites and rituals borrowed from the surrounding area, the use of a rosary, the host etc. everything borrowed from Paganism, ad nauseam - in essence telling God that he doesn't know what he is doing. Rather than obeying God and doing what he commands.
yep pers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Jimmy D Cricket 31,290
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 987,377
Family sex (Jul '11) 2 hr Krieten BK 36
Little Jojo 5 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 7 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 10 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
More from around the web