Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665119 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477759 Sep 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord have mercy.
You only purpose here is to glorify your escapades..

The Bible does not give you any special status above any other.

If you would/could lower your pride enough to get deliverance from you demon of homosexuality .
The demon would not be advertizing through you...and making you fell that your situation/sins are any more special that any one Else's.

the Bible say to all..that will receive it...

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:

but God is faithful,

who will not suffer/let you to be tempted above that ye are able;

but will with the temptation also make a way to escape,

that ye may be able to bear it.

the Bible.

MR KNOW IT ALL...

GET DELIVERANCE FROM YOU DEMONS AND GET OVER IT ...

I WOULDN'T BE SO HARSH WITH YOU IF YOU DID NOT ACT SO ARROGANT AND IGNORANT..
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#477760 Sep 23, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013
St. Padre Pio da Pietrelcina
(1887-1968)
Catholic Saint of the Day
In one of the largest such ceremonies in history, Blessed John Paul II canonized Padre Pio of Pietrelcina on June 16, 2002. It was the 45th canonization ceremony in Pope John Paul's pontificate. More than 300,000 people braved blistering heat as they filled St. Peter's Square and nearby streets. They heard the Holy Father praise the new saint for his prayer and charity. "This is the most concrete synthesis of Padre Pio's teaching," said the pope. He also stressed Padre Pio's witness to the power of suffering. If accepted with love, the Holy Father stressed, such suffering can lead to "a privileged path of sanctity."

Quote"The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain" (saying of Padre Pio)

#477761 Sep 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
TO TONY
If you would/could lower your pride enough to get deliverance from you demon of homosexuality .
The demon would not be advertizing through you...and making you fell that your situation/sins are any more special that any one Else's.
but God is faithful,
the Bible.
MR KNOW IT ALL...
THE ABOVE POST WAS MEANT FOR TONY...

NOT TO FULL OF LOVE

Location hidden

#477762 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was printed in 1452. Martin Luther wasn't even born yet. Protestantism and KJ were not on anyones mind. Do you know how many Books were in this Bible? Do you care? Lol
73 ox. How come you guys took 7 out a hundred yrs later?
The Book of Sirach is quoted by the founder of our religion, Jesus Christ. I suggest you do not call it trash. If it was trash, Jesus would not have quoted from it.
Oh Great Chief Who Sit on Rock with Tail Feather Hanging Over Edge...why no show me, in any of the Bible versions I listed, God's teaching that Mary remained a virgin...forever.

Since: Feb 13

Hamilton, New Zealand

#477763 Sep 23, 2013
Why is this such a surprise?? Every church claims to be the 'true' church. So this is all rather mute.

Location hidden

#477764 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
but God is faithful,
the Bible.
MR KNOW IT ALL...
<quoted text>
no insult intended.

If you did not intend insult...what did you mean????

BTW...You still have not learned that God is not Christ...and that Christ is not God..of what denomination to you claim to be a pastor of????

Willing to bet the farm that you will deny proof that they are not one and the same...

Saviour: From the Kione Greek word soter: a deliverer, i.e. God or Christ:--saviour.

Your non response is really tarnishing your make believe status of pastor!!!!!!
Clay

Detroit, MI

#477765 Sep 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Great Chief Who Sit on Rock with Tail Feather Hanging Over Edge...why no show me, in any of the Bible versions I listed, God's teaching that Mary remained a virgin...forever.
You can't demand that because I just showed you your scripture canon understanding is flawed. Therefore, your opinion on it is meaningless.

The whole of the Bible teaches us that God is perfect and without sin. Therefore He doesn't mix His DNA with a sinner to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. Read the Book of Exodus and learn yourself about the significance of the Ark of the Covenant that brought the word of God to humanity. How much more holier then, would Mary be for bringing the word of God made flesh? And if the Jews wouldn't dare enter the Ark or even look at it, what makes you think Joseph would have sex with this Ark?

This is why nobody subscribed to your opinion on Mary until fairly recently - when protesters decided to design their own Christianity based on some of the Books of the Bible and without the Church upon whence the Bible came.

#477766 Sep 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
Monday, September 23, 2013
St. Padre Pio da Pietrelcina
(1887-1968)
Catholic Saint of the Day
In one of the largest such ceremonies in history, Blessed John Paul II canonized Padre Pio of Pietrelcina on June 16, 2002. It was the 45th canonization ceremony in Pope John Paul's pontificate. More than 300,000 people braved blistering heat as they filled St. Peter's Square and nearby streets. They heard the Holy Father praise the new saint for his prayer and charity. "This is the most concrete synthesis of Padre Pio's teaching," said the pope. He also stressed Padre Pio's witness to the power of suffering. If accepted with love, the Holy Father stressed, such suffering can lead to "a privileged path of sanctity."
Quote"The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain" (saying of Padre Pio)
YOU WROTE
there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain" (saying of Padre Pio)

THIS POOR IGNORANT MAN (YOU QUOTED ABOVE) NEEDS OUR SYMPATHY

AND SO DOES ANY ONE THAT AGREES WITH HIM..

IF HE WERE EVER BORN AGAIN SAVED...RECEIVED SALVATION

AND KNEW WHAT SALVATION (which is Jesus) includes.

HE WOULD NOT BE GLORIFYING PAIN ....THE CURSE THAT CAME UPON UPON MAN BY THE CURES OF THE ALL OF ADAM...

HE WOULD BE RECEIVING REAL SALVATION,...

SALVATION WHICH IS DEFINED AS...

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my --->salvation:<--- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

--->salvation:<---DEFINE D IN HEBREW..(NOTE YESHY'AH IS JESUS IN HEBREW)

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

JESUS SAID

Mar_4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

JESUS ALSO SAID...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

I/JESUS am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more --->abundantly<---.

-->abundantly<---DEFINED IN GREEK

G4053
&#960;&#949;&#961; &#953;&#963;&#963; &#959;&#769;&#962;
perissos
per-is-sos'
From G4012 (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication excessive; adverb (with G1537) violently; neuter (as noun) preeminence:- exceeding abundantly above, more abundantly, advantage, exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, vehement [-ly].

WHY BUCKLE UNDER THE CURSE OF THE THIEF AND GLORIFY HIS WORKS..

IF ONE REFUSES TO BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..

.THE ABUNDANCE THAT JESUS HAS PROVIDED...

MOST CHRISTIANS ONLY BELIEVE THAT SALVATION MEANS ONLY

BEING SAVED FROM HELL...

THEIR BEING IGNORANT.... OF THE VAST BENEFITS OF

SALVATION.... THEY NEVER ASK GOD FOR ...NOR DO THEY EXPECT THE REST OF

HIS BENEFITS TO BE MANIFEST IN THEIR LIVES.

WHAT I HAVE POSTED HERE....

IS THE FULL GOSPEL..GOOD NEWS

GIVEN WILL NOT BE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE

NEEDS TO LEARR WHAT SALVATION INCLUDES

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477767 Sep 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
At the present, and for a long time, I have not believed that faith can be taught, so the answer to your question is, "No."
So your question makes no sense in that you ask me to "prove"(by some physical evidence, I assume), that faith is a provable matter.
One may become aware of faith, and the evidence of faith through the intellect. And this intellectual assent to its existence can exist as well. The question then becomes does faith arise by mere intellectual assent? And my answer again is, "No."
You are still missing the point - you would not have faith if someone did not give you information - which is a function of learning.

Why do you think you just acquired it through some hocus-pocus? I guess you can't admit to this, okay. So be it.

Albuquerque, NM

#477768 Sep 23, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The crux of the matter is this NASL: Believers in Christ do not reason the same way the world reasons,we are called to take on the Mind of Christ The Bible is a blueprint of the Mindset of the Creator,and within the content of that Book are many pointers,and guides to s h a p e the believers who are on that path of faith,which ultimately pleases God.So the Word,plus,a person's faith,and the continued prayer life work together to mold the finished product as it were of a believer's life.
Qualifiers Pad? Why would "God" need qualifiers?

Albuquerque, NM

#477769 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Can i tell you an honest true story? Last week i was asked to be in my childhood friends wedding. I asked them where they were getting married, they said probably a nice park. I asked them who was going to marry them and she said her little brother. Apparently he is going to pay $29.99 to get a certificate that says he's a minister. This is what the Protestants have created. Its a mockery of Christianity.
So Preston, declaring yourself a Minister means absolutely nothing to me. Studying Greek and memorizing every line of the NT means nothing to me either. Your stories of conversing orally with God of your Grand daddy conversing the Apostle Paul is all nonsense. The office of the sacramental Priesthood established by Jesus Christ is the only one that matters. That's not denying that we are ALL called to spread the good news, but its got to be in communion with the Church. You can't just take their scriptures and run off on your own!
May I guess you've decided not to go , because of those personal shortcomings?

You really shold look past the rituals of love, and let others enjoy love in their own way.

#477770 Sep 23, 2013
who="confrinting with the word"]<quoted text>

YOU WROTE
"there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain" (saying of Padre Pio)"

HE WOULD NOT BE GLORIFYING PAIN ....

THAT COMES FROM THE CURSE OF ADAM...

HE WOULD BE RECEIVING -->REAL SALVATION,<--...

SALVATION...

WHICH ...

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my

--->salvation:<--- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

--->salvation:<---DEFINE D IN HEBREW..(NOTE YESHU'AH IS JESUS IN HEBREW)

H3444
yeshu'ah
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

JESUS SAID
Mar_4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

JESUS ALSO SAID...
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

I/JESUS am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more --->abundantly<---.

G4053
perissos
per-is-sos'
From G4012 (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication excessive; adverb (with G1537) violently; neuter (as noun) preeminence:- exceeding abundantly above, more abundantly, advantage, exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, vehement [-ly].

__

THE ABUNDANCE THAT JESUS HAS PROVIDED...

he short changes himself..

MOST CHRISTIANS ONLY BELIEVE THAT SALVATION MEANS....ONLY
BEING SAVED FROM HELL...

THEY... BEING IGNORANT.... OF THE VAST BENEFITS OF
SALVATION....

NEVER ASK ...GOD FOR ...

NOR DO THEY EXPECT ...THE REST OF HIS BENEFITS TO BE MANIFEST ...IN THEIR LIVES.

WHAT I HAVE POSTED HERE....IS THE FULL GOSPEL..GOOD NEWS,...
WILL NOT BE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE

THEY NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN WHAT SALVATION INCLUDES.

Albuquerque, NM

#477771 Sep 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey some nice articles on free-will here;
'So we need to ask ourselves how does libertarian free will fit in with God’s sovereignty? Can a human being, a creature, be autonomous if God is sovereign? The obvious conclusion is that libertarian free will is incompatible with the sovereignty of God. Consider this passage from the book of Proverbs:“In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps”(Proverbs 16:9). This does not paint a picture of man as an autonomous being, but rather as man operating within the confines of a sovereign God.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/libertarian-free-...
If what you believe is true - then we are all on DIFFERENT PATHS, and no specific belief is true.

No religion required.

"Everyone is Right!" @2009 JustWow

#477772 Sep 23, 2013
who="hojo"
If you bible only fundamentalists "truly" believe that the bible is the ONLY source of truth that God chose to transmit His divine and inspired word--then go live it--and quit attacking the Catholic Church, the Catholic faith and Jesus Christ's (biblically and historically proven One True (Universal) Church...... However, we. as Catholics, all know that you "can't do that" because the "main premise" of fundamental Sola Scriptura Protestantism is that IT MUST deny, IT MUST attack, and IT MUST condemn over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible from 382, 393 and 397 AD by the Early Church Fathers "who wrote it", "interpreted it" and "gave it to you fundies" so that you can re-interpret and mis-interpret to your own (demise and destruction) IT MUST deny, attack and condemn Jesus Christs One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH --in order to survive!!! Bible Only fundamental Protestantism CANNOT EXIST OR SURVIVE with attacking, denying and condemning the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only one) TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH. You "fundies" have PROVEN this over and over and over again, on this forum!!!!!!!

Read your own posts while looking in mirror. You see, the condemnation is coming from you. YOU are not convinced; that is why you resist so hard, and it is why you repeat the same things over and over. Your heart is saying one thing, but your mind is saying another.

#477773 Sep 23, 2013
who="Seraphima" I didn't use to get the flu shot but since nick got sick his doctors told me to get it since I care for him. I hardly ever get sick.

Did you start getting the flu after he got the shots? My doctor said that I should not take the shot till I am stronger.

Location hidden

#477774 Sep 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't demand that because I just showed you your scripture canon understanding is flawed. Therefore, your opinion on it is meaningless.
The whole of the Bible teaches us that God is perfect and without sin. Therefore He doesn't mix His DNA with a sinner to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. Read the Book of Exodus and learn yourself about the significance of the Ark of the Covenant that brought the word of God to humanity. How much more holier then, would Mary be for bringing the word of God made flesh? And if the Jews wouldn't dare enter the Ark or even look at it, what makes you think Joseph would have sex with this Ark?
This is why nobody subscribed to your opinion on Mary until fairly recently - when protesters decided to design their own Christianity based on some of the Books of the Bible and without the Church upon whence the Bible came.
Oh Great Chief Who Sit on Rock with Tail Feather Hanging Over Edge...you cannot show me, in any of the Bible versions I listed, God's teaching that Mary remained a virgin...forever....because God's Word does no such of a thing...

The ever virgin Mary is a concoction of your cult...without a virgin ever more...there goes the Hailey Mary...the rosary...the cash paid for rosaries being said for the Catholics in the smoke house...

You are believing a lie....

Location hidden

#477775 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
THE ABOVE POST WAS MEANT FOR TONY...
NOT TO FULL OF LOVE
must have been something in our water. I carried on a conversation yesterday with Hank, thinking it was Robert.

#477776 Sep 23, 2013
SPEAKING OF THE CURSE THAT CAME UPON EVE BECAUSE OF HER

DISOBEDIENCE IN THE GARDEN...OF EDEN

QUESTION...

WHY IS IT THAT THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STILL PRACTICES THE CURSE OF THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH THAT GOD PLACED UPON EVE...WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO LIVING UNDER GRACE?

THE CURSE WAS...

Gen_3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Why does a pastor of a Church (HOLD TO EVE'S CURSE)

and some

religious organizations still require the

implementation of the curse,,

that says

"thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Does not the New Testament ...under grace say...

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

NOTE

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,

there is neither male nor female:

for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

AGAIN I ASK

WHY ARE SOME HEIRS ( THE WOMEN FOLK)...ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE

BEING LIMITED TO

THE CURSE OF THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH...WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIVING UNDER GRACE

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#477777 Sep 23, 2013
YOU WROTE
"there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain" (saying of Padre Pio)"
SALVATION...
WHICH ...
--->salvation:<--- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
--->salvation:<---DEFINE D IN HEBREW..(NOTE YESHU'AH IS JESUS IN

JESUS ALSO SAID...

BEING SAVED FROM HELL...
SALVATION....
NEVER ASK ...GOD FOR ...
NOR DO THEY EXPECT ...THE REST OF HIS BENEFITS TO BE MANIFEST ...IN THEIR LIVES.
----------

Confront said
"MOST CHRISTIANS ONLY BELIEVE THAT SALVATION MEANS....ONLY
BEING SAVED FROM HELL...
SALVATION....
NEVER ASK ...GOD FOR ...
NOR DO THEY EXPECT ...THE REST OF HIS BENEFITS TO BE MANIFEST ...IN THEIR LIVES"

This is right on the mark.Though I often thank God for the blessings in my life, whenever I thought of salvation I always thought about being saved from hell.But Christ shed His Blood also for the blessings and goodness I have in my life from His unlimited love.

As you said:
JESUS ALSO SAID...

Thanks

#477778 Sep 23, 2013
YOU WROTE
SALVATION...
WHICH ...
--->salvation:<---DEFINE D IN HEBREW..(NOTE YESHU'AH IS JESUS IN HEBREW)
H3444
yeshu'ah
yesh-oo'-aw
JESUS SAID
JESUS ALSO SAID...
G4053
perissos
per-is-sos'
__
THE ABUNDANCE THAT JESUS HAS PROVIDED...
he short changes himself..
BEING SAVED FROM HELL...
SALVATION....
NEVER ASK ...GOD FOR ...
WHAT I HAVE POSTED HERE....IS THE FULL GOSPEL..GOOD NEWS,...
WILL NOT BE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE
THEY NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN WHAT SALVATION INCLUDES.
~~~
PLACE ALL THE CONDEMNATION AND REFUSALS JUDGMENTS OF MY ABOVE POST THAT

PLEASE YOUR IGNORANCE ...

AT THE AGE OF 79 ... I HAVE NO NEED OF A FAMILY DOCTOR,

BECAUSE I APPLY GOD'S GIFTS IN HIS WORD WORD DAILY... AND GODS WORD IS

MY EARNEST CONFIDENT EXPECTATION...

IF YOUR FAITH IS NOT AS STRONG AS MINE IS... I HAVE NO CONDEMNATION FOR YOU...

BUT IT WORKS FOR ME.

MY EXPECTATIONS OF GOD... IS AS THAT OF A LITTLE CHILD...

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

EXPECTATION...

AND PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH

WHILE YOU RECEIVE THE RESULTS OF YOUR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 12 min Nohweh 179
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 16 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 55 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web