Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646503 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477547 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw her admit it was a mistake....
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CONCEIVED OF HE HOLY SPIRIT ...She conceived Our Lord,Jesus by the Power of the HOLY Spirit ..by.Him..as the,Creed says
I have said the same meaning 6 times at least .
And you.must have read it .same thing over and over I.KNOW AND HAVE SAUD SHE WAS A HUMAN FULLY
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Last night
THERE I DID ..read

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477548 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw her admit it was a mistake.
One more time ..posted LAST NITE OX
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CONCEIVED OF HE HOLY SPIRIT ...She conceived Our Lord,Jesus by the Power of the HOLY Spirit ..by.Him..as the,Creed says
I have said the same meaning 6 times at least .
And you.must have read it .same thing over and over I.KNOW AND HAVE SAUD SHE WAS A HUMAN FULLY

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477549 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So all have sinned, but not all are not guilty of it. Does that mean that those WITH sin, but no guilt from it DON'T need a Saviour and can enter heaven WITH the sin?
You don't have to reaffirm it...we know you are...

A person not guilty of sin is not with sin...his slate is as clean as a born again son of God...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477550 Sep 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I will miss him so much. as I said earlier, my former pastor wouldn't let me preach very often(he believed that since they were paying him, he should Preach, but he still is the best preacher that I ever have heard) and a young Preacher needs a chance to grow in the Lord. so I started to go to other churches, and my mom worried about me but her former Pastor stopped and talked to me and he guessed as to why I left that church for awhile.
willis said to me, "he doesn't allow you to preach very often does he? and I said no. so willis went back to my mom and told her what was happening and that it would be alright. so I went from preaching once ever two or three months, to preaching three times or more a week and sometimes that often in one day, and Don is the person that gave me that opportunity and encouraged me so much, and then just 3 years later, I was Pastoring my own church, which I stayed at for many years. and later I was asked to Pastor this one church but I didn't feel led to and I recc'd don, who stayed there for several years until he moved back down south.
30 years doesn't seem very long now.
He sounds like a great MSN of God Preston

Enjoy your memories ...And his parishioners are grateful for His leading
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477551 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your protestant brethren use the "all have sinned" verse very selectively. Either the statement by St. Paul was used as a general statement to identify the sinful nature of humanity with some exceptions, or every human being has sinned and needs a Saviour, including babies and the mentally handicapped. Can't have it both ways Hank.
The Catholic Church teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary was conceived free of the stain of sin by an act of God so that she could be the pure "vessel" for the Incarnation. And which is why preston and his ilk have to come up with such ridiculous ideas that God implanted a fertilized embryo. He can't admit she was sinless at birth.
Anthony,
I appreciate your comments......
Thinking about a baby coming out of their mother's womb does not hold any truths that this baby has committed any sin....
Look at this verse:
Romans 14:23
23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
***everything that does not come from faith is sin.....
Sin is a violation of one’s conscience.
Sin is AN act committed by the individual.
What sin has this baby committed?
Crying because it is hungry,
Crying because it is sick,
Crying because it is teething,
Crying because it has a dirty diaper, etc.
Man calls sin chance, God calls sin a choice.
Our jobs as parents are to teach our children the difference between right (good) and wrong (sin). And, we parents are going to be held accountable.
Micah 6:8
8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Location hidden

#477552 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Last night
THERE I DID ..read
I see nothing posted by you at that site...

Location hidden

#477553 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I did and then went to sleep. My meaning was obvious OX. And are you now the grammar police ..set or sit ..he's,thinking of memories who cares which word
You never admitted to your mistake...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477554 Sep 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
if you love Jesus, you should listen to this.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt...
Great song ..and thoughts,...You wrote the words ?? Thanks for sharing

Location hidden

#477555 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Last night
THERE I DID ..read
page 23055 has not post number 477426. The last number on that page is 477380

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477556 Sep 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is a gift from God, but so is celibacy. I don't understand why fundies believe Joseph's calling was to procreate with Mary when God already did. Why do you automatically assume Joseph and Mary had a intimate marriage? Christians immediately understood her to be a Holy ark that bore the word of God made flesh. For the first Christians- who were Jews- its unthinkable for a devout Jew to have sex such an ark.
Go by the Bible alone and you should see what Mary is by studying the OT accounts of the ark of the covenant.
This is something to ask in heAven. it's divisive to argue ..scripture says one thing ..your church another .

As for the first disciples who said your mother and brothers,are outside ?? I doubt they believed I your way .

Again it's,clear,Joseph was told to take her to WIFE ...

Do eh o to believe .

Ask James when you meet Him....only solution unless you ask Joseph or Mary ..which would be rude ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477557 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your protestant brethren use the "all have sinned" verse very selectively. Either the statement by St. Paul was used as a general statement to identify the sinful nature of humanity with some exceptions, or every human being has sinned and needs a Saviour, including babies and the mentally handicapped. Can't have it both ways Hank.
The Catholic Church teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary was conceived free of the stain of sin by an act of God so that she could be the pure "vessel" for the Incarnation. And which is why preston and his ilk have to come up with such ridiculous ideas that God implanted a fertilized embryo. He can't admit she was sinless at birth.
Anthony,

I pray that you will be able to see the message in this verse:

Psalm 106:37-38

37 They sacrificed their sons
and their daughters to false gods.

38 They shed innocent blood,
the blood of their sons and daughters,
whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,
and the land was desecrated by their blood.

***They shed INNOCENT BLOOD.....

***BLOOD of their sons and their daughters.....

Did Jesus not SHED His INNOCENT BLOOD?

innocent blood - naqiy

clean, free from, exempt, clear, innocent

free from guilt, clean, innocent

free from punishment

free or exempt from obligations

innocent

I pray that God will be with you as you study the Word of God.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477558 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
of course, as a minister and also as a person with the ability to think for myself and reason that God says what He means and means what He says. I have no choice but to believe that God DID NOT have sex with mary and impregnate her with semen, which would mean that Jesus would have been half man-half god.

now since the bible states that there is none that is righteous, no not ONE, and that all have sinned and Mary showed that sin nature when she went to the temple and gave up a :sin offering:

therefore we now have two alternatives, we believe the Bible or we believe some men who lived centuries later and claims that mary never had any children and the Gospel writers LIED.

to me, the choice is clear. I shall follow Gods Word.

God placed an embryo in the choice that he made with mary, as a surrogate mother. and later , I believe that she and Joe enjoyed their children to the uttermost.

Location hidden

#477559 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks,Preston
Glad it was,obvious I did correct myself ..if he ever really read my posts, he'd know I do not think the SPIRIT CONCIRVED MARY .
He conceived,Jesus through Mary
I think the wording is conceived of he HOLY Spirit
Anyway thanks
I see none posts of yours that speaks of a mistake...

I have never read...anywhere, that the Holy Spirit concirved anybody!!!!

Location hidden

#477560 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I did and then went to sleep. My meaning was obvious OX. And are you now the grammar police ..set or sit ..he's,thinking of memories who cares which word
when Oxbore first came on this forum, he attacked me constantly even tho I didn't even know who he was, and he got plenty of greenies because of the SDAs, now he thinks that he is god and he can attack anyone and everyone.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#477561 Sep 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
Beyond Sunday: A Mystery Man
Focus Verse of the Week
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine.(He was priest of God Most High.)(Genesis 14:18, ESV)
Classic Commentary
During Abram's sojourn in Canaan, this priest and king met and treated him with hospitality (Genesis 14:18-20). Much mystery appears to hang about this distinguished personage. Various theories have been advanced concerning him. Some assert that he was God Almighty. This is not so, for he was "the priest of the most high God" (Genesis 14:18). Others assert that he was Jesus Christ. This is not so, for he was "made like the Son of God" (Hebrews 7:3). It is asserted in the Scriptures that he was a man (Hebrews 7:14). If you will reflect that the Scriptures deal with him in his official capacity, the difficulties and mysteries surrounding him will immediately vanish. Let us take a closer view. The history of the world, from the Biblical standpoint, naturally divides itself into three different periods, which for want of better terms I will designate,
the Patriarchal dispensation,
the Jewish dispensation,
the Christian dispensation.
Each dispensation is characterized by a priesthood peculiarly its own. There was no regular priestly line from the transgression to the giving of the law of Moses. In a general way, it may be asserted that every man was his own priest (Genesis 4:1-4, Genesis 12:7-8, Genesis 15:8-18, Genesis 26:19-25, Genesis 31:43-55, Genesis 35:1-15, Genesis 46:1). During this age Melchizedek appeared. He was king of Salem and priest of the most high God. We know nothing of his duties or prerogatives as priest or king. We know that he did not belong to any special priestly order. His priestly office was independent of all other men. In the priestly office he was without father and without mother and without descent. No record was kept of his installation as priest, his official acts, or his death; hence, so far as the record is concerned, he was without beginning of days or end of life.
At the inauguration of the second dispensation an entire family was set apart to the priestly office, and the priestly office remained in that family and was transmitted from father to son and from generation to generation to the death of Christ (Exodus 29:1, Exodus 29:29; Numbers 17, Numbers 18:1-7; Hebrews 7:11, Hebrews 7:23-28).
David predicted that a priest should arise after the order of Melchizedek (Psalms 110:4). This is repeatedly affirmed by the author of Hebrews. The priesthood of the Christian dispensation is after the order of Melchizedek, and not after the order of Aaron. Jesus became a priest when he entered heaven by his own blood (Hebrews 8:1-4, Hebrews 10:11-12). His priesthood is independent. He had no predecessor, and he will have no successor. He will remain in heaven and officiate as priest until the work of redemption is done.
A Thought to Keep
Consider how carefully God has revealed Himself throughout the history of His grace. Nothing has or will happen by accident.
That's a beginning LTM...although a "slanted" opinion of the christian bias.
Look deeper with an open mind and you may discover the "big picture" of ancient history. It is one that tells a story of three major belief systems and their evolution.
You will have to step past your bias to understand and "see" the reality of it.
"Salem" was the original settlement of what is now "Jerusalem"...always a "central" piece of the puzzle throughout history...and another thing...it is the very same "family" (bloodline) that dominates the entire course of "history" of the "Abrahamics"...of which Christianity(the newest) is merely an elaborated offshoot.
BTW- Abrum did not come from the UR you are taught to believe he came from. He was only temporarily stayed in the "Ur" of the trade road to the east by warring leaders(probably for his own safety [at the time]), and was a major "player" in the war of the "5 nations".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477562 Sep 21, 2013
children.....innocent

Matthew 18:3

3 And he said:“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

***unless you changed (converted...baptized)

***become like little
children.....innocent...sinles s

***you will NEVER enter the kingdom of heaven....

Location hidden

#477564 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I see none posts of yours that speaks of a mistake...
I have never read...anywhere, that the Holy Spirit concirved anybody!!!!
spelling police;

arrest old oxbore.

he cant even spale concieve
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#477565 Sep 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something to ask in heAven. it's divisive to argue ..scripture says one thing ..your church another .
As for the first disciples who said your mother and brothers,are outside ?? I doubt they believed I your way .
Again it's,clear,Joseph was told to take her to WIFE ...
Do eh o to believe .
Ask James when you meet Him....only solution unless you ask Joseph or Mary ..which would be rude ..
No rose, scripture does not say Jesus had brothers in a 20th century English sense...
This is the danger of privately interpreting scripture using language and culture from your own time period.

Its important for the serious Christian to consider the writings of the early Christians (who were Jews and went by the OT Books). But that's only if you make the choice to eliminate the Catholic Church from whence the Christian Bible came. If you do that you are going it alone and should definitely consider early Christian writings. Common sense says the Apostles explained orally the faith, so a great way to understand the Bible is to read what their students understood.
Unfortunately for many, the faith you'll see will look really really Catholic. That's a major problem that causes many of you to step up the ignorance level so as not to face the truth.
Anthony MN

United States

#477566 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to reaffirm it...we know you are...
A person not guilty of sin is not with sin...his slate is as clean as a born again son of God...
So "All have sinned...." except those who are without sin. Got it.65

Location hidden

#477567 Sep 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No rose, scripture does not say Jesus had brothers in a 20th century English sense...
This is the danger of privately interpreting scripture using language and culture from your own time period.
Its important for the serious Christian to consider the writings of the early Christians (who were Jews and went by the OT Books). But that's only if you make the choice to eliminate the Catholic Church from whence the Christian Bible came. If you do that you are going it alone and should definitely consider early Christian writings. Common sense says the Apostles explained orally the faith, so a great way to understand the Bible is to read what their students understood.
Unfortunately for many, the faith you'll see will look really really Catholic. That's a major problem that causes many of you to step up the ignorance level so as not to face the truth.
of course, koine greek is very clear that these are the brothers of Jesus, you don't know Greek, so how would you know?

and unless the person that has studied greek at one of the very few universities that teach it, their opinion means nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 8 min Bluehair79 67
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 9 min hornny15234 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min River Tam 48,426
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min RiccardoFire 44,656
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 54 min Johnny 11,539
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Yankster 2,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,243
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,627
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Toby 105,572
More from around the web