Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477526 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>A saint? I'm hardly a saint. Far from it,lol. I'm just a nobody, telling everybody, about somebody,that can save anybody.
Jesus Christ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477527 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like Jesus is saying divorce and remarriage is adultery and is praising those who remain celibate for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Sounds very Catholic to me.
Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477528 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Why can't the Roman Catholics picture Mary and Joseph having sex? Do Roman Catholics believe sex within the confines of marriage is a sin? Is there a Roman Catholic on this forum who is married....and never had sex with their spouse. If so, why?
How is marriage consummated? By shaking hands? LOL LOL
Face it. Mary had her knickers down and that is that.
OldJG,

Please, this is not necessary...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477529 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says :
"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy."
Sounds to me like St. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and declared Jesus as her Lord. Sounds like St. John leaped for joy at the sound of the Blessed Virigin's voice. Sounds like you don't have Luke 1 in your bible. You've made yourself an authority to declare what verses in the bible we should pay attention to and which we can ignore. Just one more reason why no Christian should listen to you.
QUESTION

IN YOUR CHURCH TODAY ...IF A WOMAN GAVE OUT A MESSAGE...WOULD YOUR CHURCH GIVE HER A HEARING...OR WOULD SHE BE TREATED AS THEY TREAT THE NUNS?.

If ELISABETH were giving a message to day ...MOST CHURCHES WOULD

ACCUSE HER OF DISTURBING PUBLIC WORSHIP...TELL HER TO SHUT UP, OR LEAVE..

THEY MIGHT EVEN THROW HER OUT BODILY...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477530 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Why can't the Roman Catholics picture Mary and Joseph having sex? Do Roman Catholics believe sex within the confines of marriage is a sin? Is there a Roman Catholic on this forum who is married....and never had sex with their spouse. If so, why?
Face it..
<quoted text>
Gutter? How is my statement not Christian? Were you born from an act of sex or were you hatched on a rock in the desert? Sex is a gift of God ...... not a dirty ugly gutter thing you believe it to be.
Please, OldJG....

This is what we must live by....

Men most love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477531 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Face it..
<quoted text>
You would be best served to correct the Roman Catholics and keep your mouth off my posts.
I will wait for your answer. Were you born from an act of sex or were you hatched on a rock in the desert?
No need for this, OldJG...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477532 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>If you were the pastor then I bet that flock really began to starve spiritually.
Come on, Tony....

Remember,

James 1:26

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477533 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I asked what the definition of sin is or who's capable of sinning. You're saying they're sinless and Rose said sinless people don't need a Saviour, so the question remains; Do babies and the mentally handicapped need a Saviour?
Sin is an act committed by the individual.....

What is baptism for?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477534 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So sinless (clean, holy) babies and mentally handicapped DO need a Saviour like the rest of us sinners. Why do your protestant friends insist that sinless people DON'T need a Saviour?
What sin has a baby/handicapped child committed?

Sin is an ACT committed by the individual.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477535 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no cure for it....
Yes...For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...
But and however, as I showed you, not all are guilty of sin....
Kindergarten level...
People commit murder...there are criminal laws against murder...the punishment is either death or life without parole...but some are not guilty of the crime due to insanity.....
Not guilty by reason of insanity - Legal Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/not+gu... ;
not guilty by reason of insanity. Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia, 0.01 sec. not guilty by reason of insanity n. plea in court of a ...
So all have sinned, but not all are not guilty of it. Does that mean that those WITH sin, but no guilt from it DON'T need a Saviour and can enter heaven WITH the sin?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477537 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If your clergy was celibate...there would be no raping of young children by them!!!!
celibate: One who abstains from sexual intercourse, especially by reason of religious vows.
So celibacy forces one into sodomy? Does that mean all the biblical celibates were sodomizers? How do you account for all the non-celibate Southern baptist clergy guilty of raping young children?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477538 Sep 21, 2013
1 John 2:1

2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

***YOU will not sin.....

Sin is an ACT committed by the individual
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477539 Sep 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION
IN YOUR CHURCH TODAY ...IF A WOMAN GAVE OUT A MESSAGE...WOULD YOUR CHURCH GIVE HER A HEARING...OR WOULD SHE BE TREATED AS THEY TREAT THE NUNS?.
If ELISABETH were giving a message to day ...MOST CHURCHES WOULD
ACCUSE HER OF DISTURBING PUBLIC WORSHIP...TELL HER TO SHUT UP, OR LEAVE..
THEY MIGHT EVEN THROW HER OUT BODILY...
Nice deflecting once again confrinting.

No, she would be given a hearing. Mother Theresa, Edith Stein, Maria Goretti come to mind.
Yes I know, most evangelical fundamentalist communities would throw them out on their ear, and you'd probably do the same to St. Elizabeth.

She was filled with the Holy Spirit and proclaimed Jesus as her Lord. You think it was just her opinion. Typical paper pope fundamentalist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477540 Sep 21, 2013
Romans 4:15

15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

Galatians 3:19

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions (SINS) until the Seed (JESUS) to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator.

sin......parabasis

.....that sins might take on the character of transgressions, and thereby the *****consciousness***** of sin be intensified and the desire for *****redemption***** be aroused.

Does a baby/child have the consciousness of sin, in which to become intensified and then having the desire for redemption be aroused in its soul???

Can they be pricked to the heart for the sins they have committed???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477541 Sep 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What sin has a baby/handicapped child committed?
Sin is an ACT committed by the individual.
Your protestant brethren use the "all have sinned" verse very selectively. Either the statement by St. Paul was used as a general statement to identify the sinful nature of humanity with some exceptions, or every human being has sinned and needs a Saviour, including babies and the mentally handicapped. Can't have it both ways Hank.

The Catholic Church teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary was conceived free of the stain of sin by an act of God so that she could be the pure "vessel" for the Incarnation. And which is why preston and his ilk have to come up with such ridiculous ideas that God implanted a fertilized embryo. He can't admit she was sinless at birth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477542 Sep 21, 2013
Whereby.....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

***the pledge of a clear conscience towards God...

***baptism SAVES you BY THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST.....

***being baptized INTO THE DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST.....

What does a baby/child know about having a clear conscience towards God???

TAUGHT.....we ALL need to be taught the Word of God....this is where salvation starts....
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#477543 Sep 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Which ultimately means faith is learn as well.
One is born - without learned experiences or the like.
One grows up being TAUGHT [learned from someone else]
One continues to accept what is learned
One then begins to have belief
One then turns belief into faith
Can prove that you acquired your faith in some other supernatural way, as I have described above? Have you?
NASL

At the present, and for a long time, I have not believed that faith can be taught, so the answer to your question is, "No."

So your question makes no sense in that you ask me to "prove"(by some physical evidence, I assume), that faith is a provable matter.

One may become aware of faith, and the evidence of faith through the intellect. And this intellectual assent to its existence can exist as well. The question then becomes does faith arise by mere intellectual assent? And my answer again is, "No."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477544 Sep 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she made a mistake. why don't you shut up and go away, you senile doofus
Thanks,Preston

Glad it was,obvious I did correct myself ..if he ever really read my posts, he'd know I do not think the SPIRIT CONCIRVED MARY .

He conceived,Jesus through Mary

I think the wording is conceived of he HOLY Spirit

Anyway thanks

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477545 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw her admit it was a mistake....
Yes,I did and then went to sleep. My meaning was obvious OX. And are you now the grammar police ..set or sit ..he's,thinking of memories who cares which word
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#477546 Sep 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
NO Catholic (nor anyone else--who knows the TRUTH) has ever said that the Catholic Church SAVES ANYONE!! We ALL know that Jesus is the one who Saves!....
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....
YOUR CHURCH DOES NOT PRESENT JESUS...IT PRESENTS A PLACEBO
YOU WORSHIP... THE STAGE PROPS ...AND THE SUPPORTING ACTORS ...OF THE DRAMA.
In the years that I have been on this forum...
I have never witnessed ANY Roman Catholic presenting Jesus..as Lord and Saviour...
or asking any one to receive him as their LORD AND SAVIOR...
ALL YOU PRESENT... TO THE WORLD ...IS YOUR CHURCH ....AND IT'S
CONJECTURE..POMP PRIDE RITUALS AND CALISTHENICS...
YOU REJECT THE WORD'S OF JESUS.... AND PRESENT FABLES ASSUMPTIONS AND CARNAL INVENTIONS...
EVEN YOUR EUCHARIST IS REMOTE...IT IS ALL TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF FLESH
AND BLOOD AND NOTHING ABOUT THE ONE THAT GAVE IT...
YOU CONTINUALLY PRESENT AN IMAGE OF A CORRUPTIBLE MAN UPON A CROSS
CALLING IT.... A CRUCIFIX.
GRAPHICALLY FULFILLING THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLE PAUL...
THAT WROTE
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
ATTEMPTING TO CONTINUALLY DISPLAY... THE SHAME ....THAT JESUS DESPISED...
Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb_6:6 .......... they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
This is just more of your "same old bible only anti-catholic BS propaganda that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul which is "inundated and polluted with hate, hostility, distortion and lies, toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church....... As you well know, Confrinting, I lived your "half-truth, half-heresy "condemning and judgemental (so-called) Christianity for over 35 years...... YOU CAN HAVE IT!! It is ALL yours!..... I'll continue to grow in the TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD), the TRUE Bible interpretation (O.T & N.T), the Sacraments, and in God's overabunding Graces, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church...In addition, I/we as Catholics will continue to place our faith and trust in worshiping and following Jesus Christ (as personal Savior) in HIS WAY.(AS THE truth and the life!!!..... You can worship God in YOUR WAY with hate, hostility and condemnation against other Christians (especially Catholics)......... Makes absolutely "no difference" to ANY of us Catholics!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 2 min lucky 29
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 6 min thetruth 9,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Bongo 63,257
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 9 min prbentley 102
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 12 min lucky 13
Poll Which is the strongest Muslim army? (Jan '11) 14 min Turks 355
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Gabriel 973,531
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,740
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 4 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 106,460