Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477488 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Considering the fact that Satan was Cains father,the fact that Cain means 'POSSESSED',I find the name to be somewhat ironic. Whomever this "Msgr" was that you seem to think bought a great sermon stating that Eve mocked God with the name Cain,I find hard to swallow as well.
In the manuscripts Eve is shown as stating...ISH ETH YAHOVEH, which means 'WITH THE HELP OF YAHOVEH" I have gotten a man from the Lord. This hardly sems to be mocking God when she is shown as acknowledging God for giving her the child.
I have to conclude that whomever this Msgr was that you say brought a sermon on the subject in fact didn't know what he was talking about.
~~~

There you go again with your lies out of the pits of hell...

If Eve has a liaison with the devil and was Cains father...then you and your prophet must be descendents of Cain...
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477489 Sep 21, 2013
possession is very strong act
never give up prayers

many priest which say black masses=see words up and down
see
what i wrote

What priest say ..words only one word=euharistic?

i will go where you can't go
but i will send you protector and comforter..

Holy words from bless person
is as sword toward anyone include priest who practicing up and down black and white ceremony.

pray pray pray
God always hear prayers.

words as sw.ord.s..Jesus is been baptise on river
j.ord a 'n'..INRI

there is a no law
there is a no love
there is a no Mercy
there is a suffering
cross INRI

to touch that INRI with body mind hand lags..
oh crown

no pain exist as pain of crown
who can resist
its as spiritual wall

you liked x
its INRI not x
headlines

AOL

#477490 Sep 21, 2013

VATICAN - ISRAEL debate TEMPLE MOUNT status

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477491 Sep 21, 2013
many organization
include atheist
are under possession..po$e$$ion=3xpara=m oney=para-evil is dangerous things

possession don't have difference between man or woman..

#477492 Sep 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO Catholic (nor anyone else--who knows the TRUTH) has ever said that the Catholic Church SAVES ANYONE!! We ALL know that Jesus is the one who Saves!....... The One True Catholic Church of Jesus Christ is the ONLY TRUE catalyst that precipites and teaches the "FULNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH that leads to being "fully nurtured, and fully growing in the faith, the grace and the Salvation of Jesus Christ, as the Catholic Church continue to proclaim, teach and adhere to the TRUE WORD OF GOD in and through the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible as it has for over 2000 years....... FURTHERMORE, my upbringing in the Protestant bible only Church, will always be a "blessing to me" because it gave me a "basis" to begin growing in Jesus Christ..The more I studied the bible (all through University theology and pre seminary, the more TRUTH was revealed to me. from where the TRUE FAITH and TRUE CHURCH came from----AND IT WAS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, in and through Jesus Christ!!.... Protestantism can be a small infant "seed" of Christianity in Jesus Christ, that when planted in the springtime, needs to be nurtured, watered, cultivated so that it will grow and mature. Unfortunately, that nurturing and growing as a bible only Protestant, is a faith of "empty and shallow" roots that has little or no basis for growing, and nurturing in the faith and salvation of Christ, but instead must rely upon attacking, judging, condemning and ripping the TRUE FAITH, the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE UNIVERSAL (CATHOLIC) CHURCH. Why!!! Because bible only Christianity cannot grow, exist and nurture on its own. It (HAS TO--IT MUST) rely upon) attacking 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. It CANNOT exist on its own bacause it "lacks the depth and it has very shallow roots to grow" in Jesus Christ. The FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH (the bride of Christ).
~~~

YOU WROTE
NO Catholic (nor anyone else--who knows the TRUTH) has ever said that the Catholic Church SAVES ANYONE!! We ALL know that Jesus is the one who Saves!....

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS....

YOUR CHURCH DOES NOT PRESENT JESUS...IT PRESENTS A PLACEBO

YOU WORSHIP... THE STAGE PROPS ...AND THE SUPPORTING ACTORS ...OF THE DRAMA.

In the years that I have been on this forum...

I have never witnessed ANY Roman Catholic presenting Jesus..as Lord and Saviour...

or asking any one to receive him as their LORD AND SAVIOR...

ALL YOU PRESENT... TO THE WORLD ...IS YOUR CHURCH ....AND IT'S

CONJECTURE..POMP PRIDE RITUALS AND CALISTHENICS...

YOU REJECT THE WORD'S OF JESUS.... AND PRESENT FABLES ASSUMPTIONS AND CARNAL INVENTIONS...

EVEN YOUR EUCHARIST IS REMOTE...IT IS ALL TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF FLESH

AND BLOOD AND NOTHING ABOUT THE ONE THAT GAVE IT...

YOU CONTINUALLY PRESENT AN IMAGE OF A CORRUPTIBLE MAN UPON A CROSS

CALLING IT.... A CRUCIFIX.

GRAPHICALLY FULFILLING THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLE PAUL...

THAT WROTE

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,

ATTEMPTING TO CONTINUALLY DISPLAY... THE SHAME ....THAT JESUS DESPISED...

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,

despising the shame,

and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb_6:6 .......... they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477495 Sep 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahahahaha.
thee trunk is where we are putting YOU!!!!!!!!!!
If you do I will be singing the whole tour and trust me,you WILL let me drive lol

#477496 Sep 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you protestants get these *whopper* lies from?
We don't need to tell lies about THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH...

ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS OBSERVE YOUR ACTION...and tell what is obvious to the whole world...

believe it or not people are not blind as you think they are...

#477497 Sep 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you do I will be singing the whole tour and trust me,you WILL let me drive lol
This is and old song that our family quartet used to sing back in the 1940's

WHEN ALL OF GOD'S SINGERS GET HOME

I

WHAT A SONG OF DELIGHT IN THAT CITY SO BRIGHT
WILL BE WAFTED 'NEATH HEAVEN'S FAIR DOME
NOW THE RANSOMED WILL RAISE HAPPY SONGS IN HIS PRAISE.

CHORUS

WHERE NEVER A SORROW WILL COME
OR HEARTACHES WILL COME
THERE'LL BE NO PLACE LIKE HOME
THERE'LL BE NO PLACE LIKE HEAVEN MY HOME
GOD'S SINGERS GET HOME

II

AS WE SING HERE ON EARTH SONGS OF SADNESS OR MIRTH
TIS A FORE- TASTE OF RAPTURE TO COME
BUT OUR JOY CAN'T COMPARE WITH HE GLORY UP THERE

CHORUS

OR HEARTACHES WILL COME
GOD'S SINGERS GET HOME III

HAVING OVER COME SIN HALLELUJAH AMEN
WILL BE HEARD IN THAT LAND 'ER THE FOAM
EVERY HEART WILL BE LIGHT AND EACH FACE WILL BE BRIGHT

CHORUS
OR HEARTACHES WILL COME
GOD'S SINGERS GET HOME
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477498 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
SIN
1. Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
Anyone....bar none....without the capacity to perform any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it, is not guilty of sin...
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
I don't think I asked what the definition of sin is or who's capable of sinning. You're saying they're sinless and Rose said sinless people don't need a Saviour, so the question remains; Do babies and the mentally handicapped need a Saviour?

#477499 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I asked what the definition of sin is or who's capable of sinning. You're saying they're sinless and Rose said sinless people don't need a Saviour, so the question remains; Do babies and the mentally handicapped need a Saviour?
~~~

Your post genders debatable questions

We know that Adam and Eve did not need a Saviour in their innocence before the fall..

That they became guilty before God at the time of their disobedience,

and from that time all human beings are in need a Redeemer..

What brings the question to me is the reference to unclean children..

IN

1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:

else were your children -->unclean;<--- but now are they holy.

-->UNCLEAN<-- defined in greek

G169
&#945;&#787;&#954; &#945;&#769;&#952; &#945;&#961;&#964; &#959;&#962;
akathartos
ak-ath'-ar-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G2508 (meaning cleansed); impure (ceremonially, morally (lewd) or specifically (demonic)):- foul, unclean.

This begs the question...

ARE THE CHILDREN OF A COUPLE THAT ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT(REGENERATED) CONSIDERED UNCLEAN?

It says above... that if one parent is an unbeliever the children are sanctified by the other that believes..

AND it leaves open the question...

If both parents are unbelievers.... what is their children's position before God? ARE THEY UNCLEAN?

For you Roman Catholics that are unbelievers ...That ignore the Ten Commandments..and worship idols...

Your posterity is in jeopardy (CURSED) to the third and forth generation..

for GOD SAYS TWICE

IN

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,

==>visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <==

AND IN

Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,

==>visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,<==
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477500 Sep 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It amazes me that you Roman Catholics will not allow women to be in a leadership position in your religious system..
yet you base your doctrines concerning Mary ...upon the words of
Elisabeth in the scriptures...that is neither an Apostle nor is there
any reference in the Bible of her being a disciple of Christ...
~~~
As for your facing God
You will face God whether you want to or not
It is an appointment that you wont miss...or be late for..
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
There is no such place given in the Bible called purgatory...where you have a second chance...
The bible says :

"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy."

Sounds to me like St. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and declared Jesus as her Lord. Sounds like St. John leaped for joy at the sound of the Blessed Virigin's voice. Sounds like you don't have Luke 1 in your bible. You've made yourself an authority to declare what verses in the bible we should pay attention to and which we can ignore. Just one more reason why no Christian should listen to you.
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477501 Sep 21, 2013
evil is evil
ja from your mother womb nobody go out except one things..
very sad confe

Did you have gun with bless salt?

i think after
all criminals pardon holy crimichi are around me
Are you for sure i am wrong?

SILKY SMOOTH SKIN ARE PART OF CREATION

its deference
wounds is open
they liked died but can't
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477502 Sep 21, 2013
14 generation =1000 years

Are you for sure real Creator not exist?

now you are mama gospa from nasa project..

Don't you!
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477503 Sep 21, 2013
zlobe=globe

Is that jealous?

very sad

Real Creator don't need be jealous.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477504 Sep 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your post genders debatable questions
We know that Adam and Eve did not need a Saviour in their innocence before the fall..
That they became guilty before God at the time of their disobedience,
and from that time all human beings are in need a Redeemer..
What brings the question to me is the reference to unclean children..
IN
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:
else were your children -->unclean;<--- but now are they holy.
-->UNCLEAN<-- defined in greek
G169
&#945;&#787;&#954; &#945;&#769;&#952; &#945;&#961;&#964; &#959;&#962;
akathartos
ak-ath'-ar-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G2508 (meaning cleansed); impure (ceremonially, morally (lewd) or specifically (demonic)):- foul, unclean.
This begs the question...
ARE THE CHILDREN OF A COUPLE THAT ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT(REGENERATED) CONSIDERED UNCLEAN?
It says above... that if one parent is an unbeliever the children are sanctified by the other that believes..
AND it leaves open the question...
If both parents are unbelievers.... what is their children's position before God? ARE THEY UNCLEAN?
For you Roman Catholics that are unbelievers ...That ignore the Ten Commandments..and worship idols...
Your posterity is in jeopardy (CURSED) to the third and forth generation..
for GOD SAYS TWICE
IN
Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,
==>visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <==
AND IN
Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,
==>visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,<==
So sinless (clean, holy) babies and mentally handicapped DO need a Saviour like the rest of us sinners. Why do your protestant friends insist that sinless people DON'T need a Saviour?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477505 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's more carnal; Insisting that every human being MUST be having sex, or believing that a man would not be willing to have sex with the mother of the Lord out of respect for the Lord and the dignity of His Mother?
"His disciples said to him,“If that is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” He answered,“Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom that is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage* for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it.”
"Now in regard to virgins, I have no commandment from the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. So this is what I think best because of the present distress: that it is a good thing for a person to remain as he is."
"I should like you to be free of anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. But a married man is anxious about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and he is divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is anxious about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy in both body and spirit. A married woman, on the other hand, is anxious about the things of the world, how she may please her husband."
Understanding the context of the text from Matt will serve you better to understand other teachings by Jesus. This one concerned divorce.

Matthew 19:3-12

Some Pharisees approached Jesus, and tested him, saying, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause whatever?" He said in reply, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh ? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no human being must separate." They said to him, "Then why did Moses command that the man give the woman a bill of divorce and dismiss her?" He said to them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery." His disciples said to him, "If that is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry." He answered, "Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom that is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it."

Albuquerque, NM

#477506 Sep 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I am not diverting from the subject, which is faith and belief.
Actually, beliefs are part of a learned process. Faith is not.
One can broaden the meaning of faith, such as "I belong to the one true faith.", but that still does not define faith, or using it as a misnomer, and say, "I belong to the Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, etc, etc, faith."
There is a tendency to use a collection of beliefs and call it faith, but this is not true faith.
To describe faith is like trying to describe, confidence, trust, hope, and concrete, solidity. I suspect that each person is in some degree aware of these descriptions within themselves. It is not biological....
Self.

Which ultimately means faith is learn as well.

One is born - without learned experiences or the like.
One grows up being TAUGHT [learned from someone else]
One continues to accept what is learned
One then begins to have belief
One then turns belief into faith

Can prove that you acquired your faith in some other supernatural way, as I have described above? Have you?

Albuquerque, NM

#477507 Sep 21, 2013
Typo -**learn s/b "learned"

Albuquerque, NM

#477508 Sep 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
Jesus had Brothers???
By Matt Fradd
September 17, 2013 |
Why do Catholics teach that Mary was a virgin throughout her life when the Bible clearly says that Jesus had brothers? Ever been asked that?
Let me offer four reasons:
1. The Meaning of Brother
The first thing to understand is that the
term brother (Gk. adelphos) has a broader meaning than uterine brothers. It can mean a biological brother, but it can also mean an extended relative, or even a spiritual brother.
Take Genesis 13:8 for example. Here the word brother is being used to describe the relationship between Abraham and Lot, who were not biological brothers but uncle and nephew:
“So Abram said to Lot,“Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers”(Gen 13:8, NIV; see also 14:12).
Because of the Bible’s broad semantic range of “brother,” we can rest assured that although St. Paul writes,“[Jesus] appeared to more than five hundred…brothers at the same time”(1 Cor. 15:6), we need not infer from this verse that Mary gave birth to more than 500 children!
2. Children of Mary?
These “brothers” are never once called the children of Mary, although Jesus himself is (John 2:1; Acts 1:14).
3. Other Women Named Mary
James and Joseph (also called Joses), who are called Jesus’“brothers”(Mark 6:3) are indeed the children of Mary—Just not Mary, the mother of Jesus.
After St. Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes:
“There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.”(Matt. 27:56; see also Mark 15:40).
4. Consensus of the Early Church
The earliest explanation of the “brothers” of the Lord is found in a document known as the Protoevangelium of James, which was written around A.D. 150. It speaks of Mary asa consecrated virgin since her youth, and of St. Joseph as an elderly widower with children who was chosen to be Mary’s spouse for the purposes of guarding and protecting her while respecting her vow of virginity. Though this document is not on the level of Sacred Scripture, it was written very early, and it may contain accurate historical traditions.
Allow me to limit myself to three quotes from the early Church:
Athanasius of Alexandria
“Therefore let those who deny that the Son is from the Father by nature and proper to his essence deny also that he took true human flesh of Mary Ever-Virgin [Four Discourses Against the Arians 2:70 (c. A.D. 360)].
St. Jerome
“You say that Mary did not continue a virgin: I claim still more that Joseph himself, on account of Mary was a virgin, so that from a virgin wedlock a virgin son was born [Perpetual Virginity of Blessed Mary 21 (A.D. 383)].
Pope St. Leo I
“The origin is different but the nature alike: not by intercourse with man but by the power of God was it brought about: for a Virgin conceived, a Virgin bore, and a Virgin she remained [Sermons 22:2 (A.D. 450)].
Thus the same Church today affirm:
Jesus is Mary’s only son, but her spiritual motherhood extends to all men whom indeed he came to save:“The Son whom she brought forth is he whom God placed as the first-born among many brethren, that is, the faithful in whose generation and formation she co-operates with a mother’s love (Catechism of the Catholic Church 501).
http://www.catholic.com/blog/matt-fradd/jesus...
Hail Mary full of grace.
Why do you accept the ever-changing dogma men put forth for you to believe? Why do you trust men over Jesus?

Can you please show me where "God" specifically states which texts by the original Apostles are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

Albuquerque, NM

#477509 Sep 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, how's it going? Doing well in So Cal., finally getting some fall weather. Take care. <><
Have you read this?
Secular media always trying to make something out of nothing.
"Go Home New York Times, You’re Drunk
by Steven D. Greydanus Friday, September 20, 2013
So apparently The New York Times is so beside itself over Pope Francis' epic interview yesterday, it can't decide what it wants to say about it.
In fact, in less than 24 hours, it seems there've been at least three different headlines for the same story: an inflammatory headline, a more moderate one, and then a crazy, go-for-broke moonbat insane headline.
The original headline (still preserved in the article URL) was bad enough:
Well. Clearly someone’s obsessed with abortion, gay marriage and contraception. But I don’t think it’s the Church.
For the record, here is what Pope Francis actually had to say about obsession in his interview:
The church’s pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently.
That’s it. That’s the only time the word “obsessed” or any cognate appeared in the entire interview. Read the whole thing for context.
Oh, by the way, did you hear about the pope “obsessing” about abortion earlier today? Not from the New York Times, you didn’t."
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/steven-greydan...
THE INTERVIEW
Wow! Did the Pope really characterize the Church’s teachings on abortion, homosexuality and contraception as “small-minded rules” that the Church should get beyond?
That’s what you’d think by scanning the headlines, but the short answer is that the Pope said no such thing. Once again, this was a case of the secular press hyperventilating and taking the Pope’s remarks out of context.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-fra...
You should write a commentary on the McCain-Putin op-eds instead.

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 92,414
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Gabriel 979,330
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 619,214
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web