Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,905
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477122 Sep 19, 2013
When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

slaves to sin.....free from the control of righteousness.....NOT UNDER GOD'S CONTROL....WHY???

Because you were slaves to sin....

What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!

Slaves to sin result in death (spiritual)

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Set free from sin.....slaves of God.....

Benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is?

Eternal Life.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#477123 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
car wrote:
<quoted text>My priest said that Purgatory is the fire you have to go through to get cleansed, which makes sense. No one gets to heaven with out being cleansed of their sins. And since the only time we quit sinning is when we die *reborn* then that makes sense.
The real truth is
THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE AS PURGATORY...
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
THE BIBLE GIVES US INSTRUCTIONS ...HOW TO BE CLEANSED AN NOT NEED SUCH A PLACE AS THE FABLED PURGATORY..
TO THE SINNER IT SAYS;
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
NOTE
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
TO THE CHRISTIANS IT SAYS
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
HERE IS WHAT GOD WANTS US TO DO ...AFTER BEING BORN AGAIN

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,

that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,

holy,

acceptable unto God,

which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:

but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove what is that good,

and acceptable,

and perfect,

will of God.

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and

to present you faultless

before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477124 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You wrote..
Why do YOU reject the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
Matthew 16:13-21
reads
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
The above scripture verses
SAYS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HIS/JESUS' ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
why do you attempt to propagate a lie...
NOTES from GENEVA ...TRANSLATION
commentary ...DATED 1599
Matthew 16:18
(5) And I say also unto thee, That thou art (l) Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the (m) gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(5) That is true faith, which confesses Christ, the virtue of which is invincible.
(l) Christ spoke in the Syrian tongue, and therefore did not use this
discourse to distinguish between Petros, which signifies Peter, and
Petra, which signifies a rock, but in both places used the word Cephas:
but his meaning is what is written in Greek, in which the different word
endings distinguish between Peter, who is a piece of the building, and
Christ the Petra, that is, the rock and foundation: or else he named him
Peter because of the confession of his faith, which is the Church's as
well as his, as the old fathers witness, for so says Theophylact. That
confession which you have made, shall be the foundation of the
believers.
2000 years of PROVEN Apostolic Sacred Church History from the overwhelming vast majority of accredited Historian authors, writers and Apologistic historians, REFUTES, DEBUNKS AND EXPOSES all of the false and distorted conclusions that you have come up with------ALL editorialized ----ALL to your own demise and destruction. I'll continue to remain with the TRUTH of authenticated and verifiable Church History regarding Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, confrinting can join in with the rest of your 42,000 contradicting "personal opinionated" self interpreters of the bible. You are ALL a conglomeration of 42,000 "Relative Truth" egotistical "know it alls" who in fact have "zero credibility when it comes to interpreting the bible
marge

Ames, IA

#477125 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then it is NOT "faith alone" without works....
Hank Hank Hank, no no no, we're talking about getting saved here, no works, no works, no works, gift gift gift.,read it slowly;

. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: >>>9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477126 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank Hank Hank, no no no, we're talking about getting saved here, no works, no works, no works, gift gift gift.,read it slowly;
. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: >>>9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Oh, sorry if I misunderstood you.....

Getting saved.....well, getting saved (baptized) is a work BUT not by man (ourselves).....it is the working of God.....

Colossians 2:12

12 ***having been buried with him in baptism,*** in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<working of God,>>> who raised him from the dead.

1 Corinthians 12:6

6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the <<<same God at work.>>>

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#477127 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, by His stripes alone, Thank you Jesus.
Amen Sister ..I do not understand the confusion.

HIS,STRIPES ..HIS,BLOOD .

THE ONLY PAYMENT WORTHY

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#477128 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
You did not answer the,question..

Who or what is the,only payment to fulfill GODS PERFECT JUSTICE ..

it's nit us,or anything we can do ..

It was,only Jesus,blood .

Old Testament ..fulfilled by the BLOOD SACRIFICE of the ONLY PERCECT LAMB..

Do you or your Church believe anything different from that ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#477129 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>
The Diocese of Mainz, where Luther was, offered indulgences (the easing of punishment after the guilt of sin is taken away through Confession) for people who donated money for the Vatican. Almsgiving is recommended by the bible in many places (Tobit 12:9, Sirach 3:30, Luke 12:33, Acts 10:4) for the atonement of sin. There is nothing wrong with almsgiving. The appearance of impropriety, however, where Luther saw all of this as the "selling of indulgences", is what precipitated his reformation. This perceived abuse was only in the diocese of Mainz, however, and was not widespread.
All one has to do today to see the same kind of abuse is to listen to protestant TV preachers asking for a "faith offering, if this show has been a blessing to you", in other words, "give me money for the blessing I have just given you through my preaching". And besides that, they tell their viewers that if they do give a sacrificial offering to them, then that is a seed that will help them become wealthy in this life, something that is NOT in the New Testament, anywhere. Real Christians know that the New Testament preaches against riches (James 1:11, James 5:1, Revelation 3:17), and only promises rewards in the next life (James 2:5, Luke 18:22).
I don't believe them either ..never said I did ..

O r cannot pay the way to heaven with money ..knit

ONKY JESUS BLOOD PAID FOR SIN ..And your previous,answer saying that Jesus did not pay for abortion sin is,wrong .

I've seen you post ..That she can be forgiven ..She can..of course ..But WHO paid the price .
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477130 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and about good works (good deeds)

Matthew 5:16

16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your <<<good deeds>>> and ***glorify your Father in heaven.***

Our good works (good deeds) glorify our God....

Didn't Jesus going around doing good works (good deeds?)

Jesus glorified His Father who is in heaven....

#477131 Sep 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2000 years of PROVEN Apostolic Sacred Church History from the overwhelming vast majority of accredited Historian authors, writers and Apologistic historians, REFUTES, DEBUNKS AND EXPOSES all of the false and distorted conclusions that you have come up with------ALL editorialized ----ALL to your own demise and destruction. I'll continue to remain with the TRUTH of authenticated and verifiable Church History regarding Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, confrinting can join in with the rest of your 42,000 contradicting "personal opinionated" self interpreters of the bible. You are ALL a conglomeration of 42,000 "Relative Truth" egotistical "know it alls" who in fact have "zero credibility when it comes to interpreting the bible
~~~

SPEAKING OF ZERO CREDIBILITY...

ANY PERSON WITH ANY UNDERSTANDING KNOWS.... THAT SOMETHING HAS TO BE

IN WRITTEN THE BIBLE BEFORE IT CAN INTERPRETED.

YOUR ASSUMED FABLE ..ALLEGING THAT YOUR One True Apostolic Catholic Church. IS FOUNDED THERE IN MATTHEW 16:13-19

IN YOU WILDEST DREAMS...IT JUST AINT IN THERE TO BE INTERPRETED...

READ IT AGAIN..

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

YOUR IMAGINATION HAS EVIDENTLY GONE BERSERK..
Clay

United States

#477132 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you need any other earthly authority other than the elders of the local church?
There are NO earthly headquarters....
I think its evident the elders of the local church do not have it right. That's not to say they've got it entirely wrong either. Non Catholic Christians have many things right. The biggest casualty though, is the elimination of the Eucharist. When you substitute local elders in lieu of the sacramental Priesthood, you miss out on the pinnacle of Christianity, the Eucharist. Jesus showed the Apostles how to eat His flesh. They in turn ordained a Priesthood to perform the Mass.
That's one example of elders not getting it right. Other examples are Baptism and salvation as well as the meaning of the Bible and the correct canon of Books that belong in it.

Location hidden

#477133 Sep 19, 2013
car wrote:
<quoted text>My priest said that Purgatory is the fire you have to go through to get cleansed, which makes sense. No one gets to heaven with out being cleansed of their sins. And since the only time we quit sinning is when we die *reborn* then that makes sense.
I wouldn't believe everything your priest tells you...the Word of God is infallible...why not believe God instead!!!???

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#477134 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, Christ paid the sacrifice for all sin. Its up to us now to cooperate. If were not remorseful, we didn't do our part in the plan for salvation.
Its important for you not to design your own Christianity. This forum should have made many of you realize the sin of Luther, but you guys think the man's a hero? You follow his man made doctrines that could only have come from the devil. Think about it, wouldn't the devil like you to believe that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, but do nothin for him in return? Heck, that's exactly what Satan believes. Think about that next time oldg opens up his yap trying to be an authority on scripture.
So the poster who said He didn't was wrong ...Jesus,paid for ALL SIN..SO IT seems NOT ALL CATHOLICS UNDERSTSND THE SCRIPTURES THE SAME..either That or they don't choose to..

Ok now,..what Foes,JOHN 3:16 say

What about this, the FATHER CALLS US TO THE SON..

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Jesus is the bread if life ....( This was way before the Last Supper )

The bread is,Spiritual .

In fact read all of John 6 it's full of truth..

All of John's Gospel is..

Now unless you think as,some poster on here,said ..That JOHN did not write it ..IMO it gives us what we need to do to be saved ...BELIEVE!!!!

'It is incumbent on us to repent because without r e repentance there is NO REAL TURNING TO CHRIST IN BELIEF..Grace of the Father brings us yo the Lord .

By His stripes ..His sacrifice we are bought and paid for ...

Its not lip service as you seem to think we practice ..And many Catholics and non Catholics are guilty of that ..

You honestly think JESUS does not know if HIS OWN SHEEP called by the FATHER ..as HE SAID..need the call sincerely .

He did not come to establish a new temple ...or new,hurdles as the old laws were ...He IS OUR HIGH PRIEST .

..to be baptized ..in obedience ...is good

#477135 Sep 19, 2013

WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE BEFORE IT CAN INTERPRETED.

YOUR ASSUMED FABLE ..ALLEGING THAT YOUR One True Apostolic Catholic Church. IS FOUNDED THERE IN MATTHEW 16:13-19

IN YOU WILDEST DREAMS...IT JUST AINT IN THERE TO BE INTERPRETED...

READ IT AGAIN..

YOUR IMAGINATION HAS EVIDENTLY GONE BERSERK..

PETER IS IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

NEITHER IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CONNECTED TO PETER

IN MATTHEW 16:13-19..

JESUS IS OUR CONNECTION TO THE FATHER IN HEAVEN...

PETER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUFFERINGS, CRUCIFIXION

DEATH OR RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST...

HE WAS ONLY ONE OF THE SUPPORTING ACTORS ( and sometime

AN ILL SUPPORTING ACTOR) OF JESUS..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477136 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its evident the elders of the local church do not have it right. That's not to say they've got it entirely wrong either. Non Catholic Christians have many things right. The biggest casualty though, is the elimination of the Eucharist. When you substitute local elders in lieu of the sacramental Priesthood, you miss out on the pinnacle of Christianity, the Eucharist. Jesus showed the Apostles how to eat His flesh. They in turn ordained a Priesthood to perform the Mass.
That's one example of elders not getting it right. Other examples are Baptism and salvation as well as the meaning of the Bible and the correct canon of Books that belong in it.
1 Peter 2:9

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, Godís special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

We are in a royal priesthood......

We were called out of darkness (SIN) and

into his wonderful light.(JESUS)

We MUST appreciate our spiritual position in Christ.

This is why being born again is a SPIRITUAL baptism and NOT a physical baptism......

And notice the words CALLED OUT....."ekklesia".. ...assembly or gathering of people who have been called out by God...

Don't you believe that it is VERY IMPORTANT to be part of this "holy nation?"

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#477137 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're still interpreting Gods word. The Bible still needs to be interpreted. How do you know you're coming to Biblical truth? Also, how many Books of the Bible do you consider 'Gods word'?
What if God wants you to pray for the dead- which is alluded to in the KJV NT, but blatantly spelled out in the OT scriptures in the Books the reformed removed? To me, that doesn't make sense to say you're trying to follow Gods word as He states it, but not using all the Books.(nor the oral instructions from the Apostle, which is ALSO Gods word).
And yet one at least of your own ...VERY DEVOUT ..Always saying the,Catholic church is the answer ...seems,to think Jesus,did not pay the price for ALL SIN..why is that??'

It's,either because your Church allows,different interpretations,..teaches in contradiction..or something .
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#477138 Sep 19, 2013
Doesn't the pope and Obummer sound like they have a lot in common?
Creepy!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/world/europ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477139 Sep 19, 2013
Good night all...have a blessed evening.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477140 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IN WRITTEN THE BIBLE BEFORE IT CAN INTERPRETED.
ANY person with ANY KNOWLEDGE of 2000 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, as it relates to ANY UNDERSTANDING of the bible and its TRUE INTERPRETATION, knows that your bible only preaching has "no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth, to "back it up"! If fact you, Confrinting, just "extract a list of bible verses, make them mean "ONLY" what you want them to mean and then attach your own twisted "editorialized" personal opinion to them and label it truth--because YOU SAY SO!!......Who gave you ANY AUTHORITY to give ANYONE the true interpretation of the bible......., You are no different than, Oxbow, justachristian, Orville, 4GVN, Marge, LTM, PAD, New Age, or ANY other bible only self-appointed,(personal opinion) interpreter........ You are all a conglomeration of a bunch of hodge-podge "RELATIVE TRUTH" 21st century "editorialists" bible only interpreting "hacks" that are (forever) contradicting disagreeing, and conflicting with each other......I lived this bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity for over 35 years, until the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus Christ released me from the bondage and shackles of this condemning, judgemental, and heretical (RELATIVE TRUTH) "nightmare" and led me to the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL in and through Jesus Christ and HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, in the FULLNESS of the TRUE FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH. You Confrinting can believe and do what you want!...... I/we as Catholics will worship God in HIS WAY!!! You and the rest of your 42,000 contradicting bible only "disgruntled, disengaged and disjointed followers" can worship God IN YOUR OWN WAY!!!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#477141 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you believe that salvation is a one-time event that happens the moment you accept Christ as your personal Saviour? What evidence is there at that moment?
Receiving the Holy Spirit ..as,did the disciples..

You folks honestly believe it takes your CHURCH to Crete a relationship by faith..through Grace ..given by God .

I have news ..I'm not against the,Church ..it's,God's house ..many true believers,worship in it..the RCC does much good in the world..through charity ...evangelizing..through speaking out against evil .

But JESUS,IS THE KEEPER OF THE GATE ...GOD does not need a TEMPLE to save people's,souls

Read

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

The FATHER calls,..we believe .

It's,personal

I COUKD receive every instruction..study your CATECHISM...receive every sacrament ..! it in Church every day ...And still not be in Union with Christ .

You DON'T get to say ..non Catholics can't be saved through abiding Faith in the sane,Saviuit you profess

The temple veil was rent in half to bring us go the LORD personally ...not through the priests,...

Many priests,are holy and do God's,work..the Poo e may be holy ...some were not ..JUST LIKE EVERY HUMSN BEJNG ..ITS JESUS TO US..one by one ..the same way He touched people when He,was here ..one by one ..each heart..soul..And Spirit ..

Did He use the disciples of course...But even PETER did not save a single Soul ...only Jesus,did...he was an instrument used by God to spread the good news..NOT A POPE OR A HIGH PRIEST ...

JESUS IS OUR HIGH PRIEST AND ONLY MEDIATOR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 764,593
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min mike 603,613
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Rick in Kansas 263,451
Moses never existed 47 min jjustice0981 558
Barack Obama's birth certificate: Where is trut... 1 hr Caesar 20
Blacks so Stupid to Burn they're own houses 2 hr yon 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Ratloder 119,239
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE