Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477413 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies and the mentally disabled are sinless. Don't they need a Saviour?
SIN

1. Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

Anyone....bar none....without the capacity to perform any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it, is not guilty of sin...

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#477414 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For 20 years formal. And T least Six after school.I was a practicing Catholic.
ONE person here said she was sinless ..at least ..why a Saviour then ''saved from what ..SIN.
I honestly don't care about What the,Church believed ...at this point .
She,was,human..imperfect ..received the Holy Spirit ..had Faith.in.Her Saviour
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to Catholic school for 20 years?
Rose, more than one person here believes the Blessed Virgin Mary is sinless. All Catholics do. That's what the Immaculate Conception is....she was conceived without original sin, and therefore is not subject to concupiscence, the proclivity to sin, as the rest of us are. God and sin cannot dwell together.
Where can we find Biblical evidence to your assertion? Just one verse that would tell us Mary was without sin. Just one.
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477415 Sep 20, 2013
Real Creator not created anyone for suffering.

Temptation on organize high level.

Did Jesus been tempted?

As well it is written fallen-one will fall.
Someone who watching creation and liked be bigger then real Creator.

Location hidden

#477416 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, more than one person here believes the Blessed Virgin Mary is sinless. All Catholics do. That's what the Immaculate Conception is....she was conceived without original sin, and therefore is not subject to concupiscence, the proclivity to sin, as the rest of us are. God and sin cannot dwell together.
That is a lie....it has no support in Scripture..

Mary was a sinner....same as you and I...Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

She was thankful for her Savior..And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Sinless people have no need for a Saviour....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#477417 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm responding to you and the others..NIT to what I learned
You claim Mary was sinless
If one is sinless ..one does not need a SAVIOUR .
She needed a SaVuoir same as we do ..And until now no one here has admitted that .
No, The church has never said she did not need a saviour. You and other Protestants say that rather than looking or even trying to understand what it teaches and why. The sinlessness of Mary was never a question. You make the mistake of thinking that when the church solemly pronounces a Dogma that is when it was first believed. Nonsense! A Pope cannot! I repeat Can't! Change Dogma or he would be deposed as a heretic. The church has never said a Pope cannot sin, make human mistakes or is utterly impeccable in all things. Again that is Protestant rubbish! ALL Rabbis had the authority to bind and loose as a collective, but in dispute of matters that required a decisicon the high Priest (Key Holder)was the final arbiter. One could not make a decision to the exclusion of the key holder. Jesus gave the keys to Peter! It was an office and a successional one. But thats another topic.

To be clear the church has always taught Mary needed a saviour. Its a matter of when or in Protestant ease when she was saved. This has been danced over and over and again. NOT one single reformer denied this or the ever virginity of Mary. Its a relatively recent phenomonon amongst protestants. The churches position is biblical and Holy Tradition. Now if you want to learn more read the link or just keep turning a blind eye that what you believe was not a belief in the early church. You can go through the objections of Protestants and see the answers or you can continue to make ignorant and unfounded statements as you have been.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a28.htm

Location hidden

#477418 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
AND HAD NEED OF A SAVIUOR WHICH SHE AVKNOWLEDGED
ONLY ONE IS PERFECT ..JESUS our ONLY HIGH PRIEST AND MEDIATOR ..
PEACE
Only one???? There is not one living the Word of God?????

Mt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477419 Sep 20, 2013
who="Regina"

Then how does He abide in the hearts of those who believe in Him?
Mary carried Him in her womb. "Except you abide IN Me, and My words abide in you..." He abides in my heart.

There is NO suggestion in the Bible that Mary was conceived without original sin.

Why do Catholics consider marital intimacy to be "sin"? God Himself ordained marriage.
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#477420 Sep 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Niko,thanks for always having my back in life and I will always have yours. Gee, isnt that what husband and wives do for each other? Any wayssss...reminds me of a Sonny and Cher song,... they say were young and we don't know ( hmmm that fits ) wont find out until we've grown..( or joined up) I dunno if all that's true but babe you got me and babe I got you....Babe I got you babe....LOL
That's cute LOL

Location hidden

#477421 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not the only poster who saw your post as,a threat .it was removed..st SHOUKD said something about he content ..as I went back to see if I had read it wrong after your comments ..hats says something .
Any way ....I'm.just saying our discourse should be on a higher order ..more cool and civil...even if only for our souks and for example to someone looking in..
.I was asking for civility ..as you had just accused them of stalking YOU ..they are here every day.
just mentioned civility as here is enough incivility on NOn CHRISTIAN boards,....I'm not fanning anything..as,I don't care,what went on before,Regina ..You all have history. Fine ..if you were signed in you could work it out maybe??
On private message,..just a thought .
We can disagree,Regina,..it's,a forum...But personal stuff does,not make us,seem like nice folks,..nor does it help.our Spirits,..You know??
For my.part I.say the same thing a few times,then I'm done .
I did not say Mary was anything bad ..She was a holy virgin conceived by the HOLY Spirit ..
You have my vote for having said the most moronic thing I have seen on this forum!!!!

Quote: I did not say Mary was anything bad ..She was a holy virgin conceived by the HOLY Spirit ..
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#477422 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina they HAVR as much right to post here as you ..they ate here every day ..how is that stalking you ..I'm curious...
Please ..do not threaten as you did before ...let's keep things civil ..hat was upsetting on a Christian board no less
Thanks
Hi Rose, The catholic church has built a wall between people and Jesus.
In truth it is because they don't want people going to Jesus.
so they made Mary the go to girl to get to Jesus, and other saints as well.
It is a false religion, the gates of hell start at the very seat the Pope sits on. what they call the throne of Peter.
Yesterday I heard the Pope is lighting up on birth control, and homosexuality, things that catholic's were sentence to hell for not long ago.
God's laws are unchangeable, Jesus said not one I or T, would be removed or changed yet the catholic church has not only changed them but erased them from the Bible, and states tat its not God's only authority on earth and states only the catholic church was appointed to interpret the Holy Scriptures.
They don't want people going to Jesus because Jesus alone saves, they don't want people saved, they are the church of satan, an earthly church, gods church or kingdom is not of this world.
All authority was given to Jesus , not Mary to go to Mary before Jesus doesn't make sense when Jesus said ask anything of the Father in My Name. He did say Mary's name nor did He say go to Mary and seek her and she will come to me with your prayers, Jesus didn't say that.
that is made up by the catholic church to keep you from seeking Him and recieving the Holy Spirit, which can only come through Him.
Remember the Holy Trinity is God the Father, God The Son, God The Holy Spirit. 3 persons one Holy Mighty God.
No Mary here either.
The catholic church is built only on assumpsions made up stories and. nothing solid.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477423 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, well you say that you can ignore what St. Elizabeth and St. Paul say because it's only their opinions. Not sure I'd want God to make an assessment of me with that kind of thinking.
Anthony, chill out. it was ONLY a song that Mary was singing, about how happy she was.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477424 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Error which I corrected ..kindergarten three,10 TH grade,

THen RCC
church about 6 years or so and on and off after ..

Mary was a human woman in.need of a Saviour ...saviour from he consequences of Sin

She was saved by the HOLY Spirit and THE FAITH IN A SAVIOUR ..SHE followed her So she was a Blessed and brave woman who suffered much .

She is,Not nit was I taught she was a CO REDEMPTRIX ..

IT WAS,NOT HER SINLESS SACRIFICE .

IF THERE,HAD BEEN A SINLESS DESCENDANT IF AFAM AND DAVID ..there would HAVR Bern No need fir Holy Jesus to die in our stead,..

There was NOT ..

Location hidden

#477425 Sep 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Niko,thanks for always having my back in life and I will always have yours. Gee, isnt that what husband and wives do for each other? Any wayssss...reminds me of a Sonny and Cher song,... they say were young and we don't know ( hmmm that fits ) wont find out until we've grown..( or joined up) I dunno if all that's true but babe you got me and babe I got you....Babe I got you babe....LOL
man!!! unless you take some singing lessons, you aint gonna get on stage with us.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477426 Sep 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my vote for having said the most moronic thing I have seen on this forum!!!!
Quote: I did not say Mary was anything bad ..She was a holy virgin conceived by the HOLY Spirit ..
CONCEIVED OF HE HOLY SPIRIT ...She conceived Our Lord,Jesus by the Power of the HOLY Spirit ..by.Him..as the,Creed says

I have said the same meaning 6 times at least .

And you.must have read it .same thing over and over I.KNOW AND HAVE SAUD SHE WAS A HUMAN FULLY

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477427 Sep 20, 2013
APOLOGIZE FOR WORSE TYPOS TODAY ..ANY ONE KNOW,why..all of a,sudden I would have a split keyboard on my tablet with tiny keys ..it used to be a regular lookin g keyboard ..small but not awful..this is terrible ..

I have reset the browser and keyboard settings ..cannot figure why it did this,all of a sudden.

Grrrrrr

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477428 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>man!!! unless you take some singing lessons, you aint gonna get on stage with us.
Lol

LUCY HAS some explaining to do

Location hidden

#477429 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CONCEIVED OF HE HOLY SPIRIT ...She conceived Our Lord,Jesus by the Power of the HOLY Spirit ..by.Him..as the,Creed says
I have said the same meaning 6 times at least .
And you.must have read it .same thing over and over I.KNOW AND HAVE SAUD SHE WAS A HUMAN FULLY
Oxbore doesn't miss a chance to jump on someone. pay him no mind.

sometimes our fingers don't say what our mind wants.

Location hidden

#477430 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
LUCY HAS some explaining to do
Yeah. I used to wish that I could sing now I really wish that someone else could sing. not mentioning any names of course.
we want to put a comedy act together but we dont want to be laughed off the stage, unless we can keep the tomatoes and other fruit they throw at us.

Location hidden

#477431 Sep 20, 2013
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt... .

just listening to my friend.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#477432 Sep 20, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Eve was mocking God by naming her son Cain which means look what I did. A Msgr had a great sermon on just this subject.
Considering the fact that Satan was Cains father,the fact that Cain means 'POSSESSED',I find the name to be somewhat ironic. Whomever this "Msgr" was that you seem to think bought a great sermon stating that Eve mocked God with the name Cain,I find hard to swallow as well.

In the manuscripts Eve is shown as stating...ISH ETH YAHOVEH, which means 'WITH THE HELP OF YAHOVEH" I have gotten a man from the Lord. This hardly sems to be mocking God when she is shown as acknowledging God for giving her the child.

I have to conclude that whomever this Msgr was that you say brought a sermon on the subject in fact didn't know what he was talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min another viewer 987,155
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Clearwater 30,719
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 3 hr clayvligon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 8 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 11 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web