Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600081 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477102 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
From your response NASL, it sounds like to me that you are making fun of the "power of prayer."
If you are not then please forgive me.
God answers prayers on His own time....not on our time.
Believe me, if you knew what I have been through since 2012, you would understand the "power of prayer."
Some of my prayers have been answered last year.....some have not been answered yet from last year.....some are being answered now for this year....
We put our cares, concerns, worries, etc. in God's hands and we keep our eyes focused on Him.
"God answers prayers on His own time....not on our time."
- How is it that you know what "God" does and doesn't do, but no one else has this keen ability.

You must be have a special gift of "inspiration" that the men who wrote the Bible did.

WOW!! You are going to be famous!

Or....you can be honest and admit that you don't know what "God" does or doesn't do, and just leave it at that.

Funny - this is a choice you get to make.

Well?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477103 Sep 19, 2013
"Because the Church’s teachings are clear, Francis will spend his precious time and energy showing a side of the Church that people, especially the MSM, hasn’t paid attention to: that the Church is not a museum of the perfect, it is a field hospital for sinners." -- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf

Hmmm, interesting that Fr. Zuhlsdorf should call the Church "a hospital for sinners". I agree and always have.

Albuquerque, NM

#477104 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote..
Why do YOU reject the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
Matthew 16:13-21
reads
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
The above scripture verses
SAYS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HIS/JESUS' ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
why do you attempt to propagate a lie...
NOTES from GENEVA ...TRANSLATION
commentary ...DATED 1599
Matthew 16:18
(5) And I say also unto thee, That thou art (l) Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the (m) gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(5) That is true faith, which confesses Christ, the virtue of which is invincible.
(l) Christ spoke in the Syrian tongue, and therefore did not use this
discourse to distinguish between Petros, which signifies Peter, and
Petra, which signifies a rock, but in both places used the word Cephas:
but his meaning is what is written in Greek, in which the different word
endings distinguish between Peter, who is a piece of the building, and
Christ the Petra, that is, the rock and foundation: or else he named him
Peter because of the confession of his faith, which is the Church's as
well as his, as the old fathers witness, for so says Theophylact. That
confession which you have made, shall be the foundation of the
believers.
It appears you and others have failed to believe Jesus here too....

"Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ."

And what do we hear day in and day out - "Jesus Christ this" or "Jesus Christ that".

Odd.

Albuquerque, NM

#477105 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, CERTAIN men received it, particularly the ones who walked with Jesus. They then chose men whom they approved to carry on the message. Your texts don't have that pedigree.
It appears that your texts don't either, yet you will claim the opposite.

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

It isn't that hard of a task Anthony, why do you keep avoiding to post this information, all the while continue to divert away from it?

Albuquerque, NM

#477106 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, CERTAIN men received it, particularly the ones who walked with Jesus. They then chose men whom they approved to carry on the message. Your texts don't have that pedigree.
How long does one take to pass along the information to the next "successor"?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477107 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Regina,
Good to see you on here, too.
Wife and I have had it pretty rough since 2012....too much sadness and sorrow.
I would appreciate your prayers for comfort.
I too have thought of you and many others on here. Hope you and the family are fine.
You've got them, Hank.

I'm so sorry for your suffering. Hold on tight.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477108 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
In your example, the man does not love his wife. He loves himself! If he loved his wife ,he wouldn't be with his buddies or have a girlfriend!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477109 Sep 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
"Because the Church’s teachings are clear, Francis will spend his precious time and energy showing a side of the Church that people, especially the MSM, hasn’t paid attention to: that the Church is not a museum of the perfect, it is a field hospital for sinners." -- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
Hmmm, interesting that Fr. Zuhlsdorf should call the Church "a hospital for sinners". I agree and always have.
LOL, exactly the reaction I expected! Oh, that IS too funny!
Guess you aren't as original as you thought. That's okay, nobody else thought you were either, lol.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477110 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote..
Why do YOU reject the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
Matthew 16:13-21
reads
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying,
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
The above scripture verses
SAYS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HIS/JESUS' ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH...
why do you attempt to propagate a lie...
NOTES from GENEVA ...TRANSLATION
commentary ...DATED 1599
Matthew 16:18
(5) And I say also unto thee, That thou art (l) Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the (m) gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
(5) That is true faith, which confesses Christ, the virtue of which is invincible.
(l) Christ spoke in the Syrian tongue, and therefore did not use this
discourse to distinguish between Petros, which signifies Peter, and
Petra, which signifies a rock, but in both places used the word Cephas:
but his meaning is what is written in Greek, in which the different word
endings distinguish between Peter, who is a piece of the building, and
Christ the Petra, that is, the rock and foundation: or else he named him
Peter because of the confession of his faith, which is the Church's as
well as his, as the old fathers witness, for so says Theophylact. That
confession which you have made, shall be the foundation of the
believers.
There must be two or more scriptures in the Bible

In order for a doctrine to be established
Matthew 16:13-21...

there must be another witness...

Matthew 16:13-21...

Has no other scriptures in the four Gospels to validate it..

and the way the that the Roman Catholic translates it makes it even

further from any truth.

The question at the beginning of verse of the verses...WAS

about Jesus asking

Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

This made Jesus the focal point (THE SUBJECT) of the discourse..

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

HAS TWISTED THE CONVERSATION

TO MAKE PETER THE SUBJECT...AND ELEVATED PETER TO A POSITION

...THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SUPPORT...

NO SCRIPTURE CAN BE FOUND IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO ESTABLISH A PHYSICAL DYNASTY ON ROME..ITALY..

JESUS DISCLAIMED SUCH A KINGDOM/DYNASTY

JESUS SAID..TO PILATE

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered:

My kingdom is not of this world.

If my kingdom were of this world,

my servants would certainly strive

that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but now my kingdom is not from hence.

Jesus established a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM...

#477111 Sep 19, 2013
The sin and debauchery of the ROMAN Catholic Church IS FURTHER PROOF

THAT

it is not the custodian ( upon earth ) of the KINGDOM OF GOD...

1Co_6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co_6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

~~~

1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that

flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Gal_5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

ALL THE ABOVE SIN IS FOUND WITHIN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477113 Sep 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEW-WHEW!!
She is sure to be physically healed now!!
:o)
When the doctor's say the disease is gone, I'll be sure to come back here and let you all know that your praying worked, okay?
You know Regina, in truth, I'd rather have read a response from you that stated something like the following:
"Hey New Age - sorry to have read about the ailment that has befallen your wife. Please keep her comfortable and continue to be positive with her, because whatever length of time she has with us on this Earth, help her to stay happy, content, cheerful, and most loving. This will allow you both to have the quality time you need."
I've already shown the forum where praying for someone to heal without medical help - FAILS.
Are you saying I should do the same? Just pray to "God" to heal her, all the while, just watch her die in front of my eyes?
I think not and I think most will also agree, that "just praying" will not heal her.
But thanks for the well wishes, as I know she, a "Christian" understands your empathy, as do I. Thanks!
Like you and others, we are on different sides of the statements that this forum conveys. Using logic and reason, faith and belief, I can say without hesitation, I do appreciate everyone's wishes, as they are said with sincerity and hope, and are said only to see a good result. These are things that I do take to heart and understand quite well.
I may be the 'bad guy' to some,'spawn of Satan' to others, or even just plain ol' "goofy', but in truth, I am no where near any of those things. I can say, through honesty, that I've probably helped probably hundreds of lives, and I will continue to strive to help others to stay a steady course in their life and on THEIR path - as we each have our own.
The crosses we bear in life are our own. Make them your own, but also understand them so you have the ability to remove them from your life.
Honesty is the starting point. Praying will allow you to acknowledge them, but acting upon them will require your effort.
Peace and light to you and yours.
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness.I know how you feel and what your going through. Live each day a day at a time and make her feel as if she was a queen! Pamper her and give her all her wishes if possible. Tell her a million times a day You Love Her and you are so Blessed to have her as your wife .Stay strong for her even when you feel defeated for her strength will come from You. Try to Stay positive and laugh as much as you can.Never let her see you upset.(I go outside if I want to cry)Just make everyday count! That's what I do for Nick. We keep you and your wife in our thoughts and daily prayers.

Albuquerque, NM

#477114 Sep 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to hear about your wife's illness.I know how you feel and what your going through. Live each day a day at a time and make her feel as if she was a queen! Pamper her and give her all her wishes if possible. Tell her a million times a day You Love Her and you are so Blessed to have her as your wife .Stay strong for her even when you feel defeated for her strength will come from You. Try to Stay positive and laugh as much as you can.Never let her see you upset.(I go outside if I want to cry)Just make everyday count! That's what I do for Nick. We keep you and your wife in our thoughts and daily prayers.
Now those are some warm wishes - Thanks S!

Give my best to Herme!

#477115 Sep 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting
Peace
Appearances can be deceiving.
I think there are a lot of humble people on this thread. But their writing skills tend to make them misunderstood.
So I have to put the question to you directly, "Is it better for a person to be humble and contrite, or be educated "correctly" regarding Scripture?" I want you to think about it, with respect to Isaiah 66:2....
Is it not the one who listens and hears the Word of God, the one who is humble? Be careful, that your perceived mission in life walks by the most humble, and humbled person(s)....
Peace
READ ISAIAH 66:2 IN IT'S CONTEXT

Isa 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Isa 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

Isa 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

NOTE
Isa 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word;

Your brethren that hated you,

that cast you out for my name's sake, said,

Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they

shall be ashamed.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT TREMBLE AT THE WORD OF THE LORD..

BUT RATHER HAVE ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE IT WITH THEIR OWN AND CALL US THAT

PREACH THE TRUE WORD OF GOD..

SOLA SCRIPTURIANS...

Php_2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation

with fear and trembling.

#477116 Sep 19, 2013
car wrote:
<quoted text>My priest said that Purgatory is the fire you have to go through to get cleansed, which makes sense. No one gets to heaven with out being cleansed of their sins. And since the only time we quit sinning is when we die *reborn* then that makes sense.
The real truth is

THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE AS PURGATORY...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477117 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Not at all. I don't believe praying for someone thousands of miles away will have any impact on that person's life.
If it will, you will have to show evidence and proof that this occurred.
<quoted text>
My wife could already be dead, while I wait on "God's time".
You are being silly.
<quoted text>
Okay, sure they are. You will post the prayer, the time the prayer was said, and then the results of said prayer, right?
Pictures and videos of the prayer being asked, and then the prayer being answered and then the prayer results, will be included, right?
Believe as you choose - because you already do/are - because your post above is a perfect example of such.
Welcome to the world of heresy - believing what you want.
<quoted text>
...all the while skipping over what Jesus taught. You forgot to inclusde that part of your statement.
Well, I was trying to be sincere....my fault....

#477118 Sep 19, 2013
car wrote:
<quoted text>My priest said that Purgatory is the fire you have to go through to get cleansed, which makes sense. No one gets to heaven with out being cleansed of their sins. And since the only time we quit sinning is when we die *reborn* then that makes sense.

The real truth is

THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE AS PURGATORY...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

THE BIBLE GIVES US INSTRUCTIONS ...HOW TO BE CLEANSED AN NOT NEED SUCH A PLACE AS THE FABLED PURGATORY..

TO THE SINNER IT SAYS;

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

NOTE

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

TO THE CHRISTIANS IT SAYS

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477119 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said,(<created IN Christ Jesus>), first, and then good works.
OK, then it is NOT "faith alone" without works....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477120 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
"God answers prayers on His own time....not on our time."
- How is it that you know what "God" does and doesn't do, but no one else has this keen ability.
You must be have a special gift of "inspiration" that the men who wrote the Bible did.
WOW!! You are going to be famous!
Or....you can be honest and admit that you don't know what "God" does or doesn't do, and just leave it at that.
Funny - this is a choice you get to make.
Well?
Well?

I have the choice to not answer you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477121 Sep 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got them, Hank.
I'm so sorry for your suffering. Hold on tight.
Thank you, Regina.

I would appreciate anyone's prayers as it has been really tough.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477122 Sep 19, 2013
When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

slaves to sin.....free from the control of righteousness.....NOT UNDER GOD'S CONTROL....WHY???

Because you were slaves to sin....

What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!

Slaves to sin result in death (spiritual)

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Set free from sin.....slaves of God.....

Benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is?

Eternal Life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 6,535
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 865,555
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 22 min Burke Devlin 35
aguaje pills (Jun '10) 41 min Mandy 70
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,027
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 40,896
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,424
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr andy 45
More from around the web