Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,020)

Showing posts 460,381 - 460,400 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Might be helpful.Thanx Tony I apologize for my previous rude remarks to you
That's okay. Sometimes rude remarks can help build a tough skin.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Okay guys. I have to tell you guys about what happened to me last sunday. Remember a while back when I told you guys one of the surgeons that works here hit on me and tried to get me to go out to dinner with him and I turned him down?

Well this is why I know I've been saved. I was at Piedmont Park last sunday jogging after I'd finished workign out (a daily regimen with me) and I heard someone calling my name. It was the surgeon that had tried to get me to go out with him a while back. Now I had taken my shirt off to jog and when he came running up to me he immediately started flirting with me by commenting on my abs and actually touched them. Touching me is a no no unless I invite you too so I sharply chastized him.

He again invited me out to dinner and when I turned down his invitation yet again he invited me to his house for dinner.

He asked me why I kept rejecting his invitations and I got honest with him and told him why. He laughed at me when he heard that I rejected his ""invitations" " for religious reasons.

He asked me if I really believed that regardless of what our orientation was,if God really wanted us to deny ourselves a what he called a natural human need. I laughed and said yes He does if the need is a homosexual activity.

Now I have to tell you guys that this man would be quite a catch for someone. He's well educated,can carry on great conversation and people this man is as fit and cut as I am because he too is into keeping fit.

I know I was being tested because it took all I could muster to turn down his advances so that's why I say I know I've been saved.

But guess what, that same day three different females hit on me as well. Now that grossed me out,LOL.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's okay. Sometimes rude remarks can help build a tough skin.
I been buked,scorned. Talked about sho's you born. Long as I got King Jesus,don't need nobody else.

Anybody familiar with those lyrics,LOL?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Okay. Time for a little levity,LOL.

Your mama teeth were all gone except four wisdom teeth. They called her smart mouth.

Yeah, yeah that was corny,LOL but what'd ya expect this early in the morning?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT YOU WERE NOT LIVING AT THAT TIME, SO THOSE WORDS DONT APPLY TO YOU PERSONALLY. the chances are that your people were not living in any of the Nations these men went into.
why is that difficult for you or anyone else to understand?
the FIRST application for those Men was to make believers, then baptize them, in that order.
if not, they go down, dry sinners and come up wet sinners.
If those words don't apply to me, why do you bother then to try to tell me that He said "make believers THEN baptize them" (which He didn't say).

Make up your mind.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Make disciples of
The DOUAY says teach
Then it says,baptize..
I keep asking ..if its not made up words,..concocted in a basement ..
Then why should we not believe it ..
You have to teach first ..they have to BECOME disciples...then get baptized ..
Whole households could refer to the adults and servants ..there are no stories,..by the apostles of dunking babies.
It's fine ..I said I have personally no problem with it being done ..some ' non Catholic churches do it. But it's NOT salvation.
GOD gavb His,Son so THat those who BELIEVE have eternal life
...requires belief in the heart if the one who is sAved .
Now personally I think Confirmation is closer to a symbol of receiving the Spirit by belief ...if it's not just done by rote at a certain age ..which happens,..
It's our hearts..soul and spirit that Jesus wants..Not just reviving outward signs because one is born..is,seven..is 12 or whatever the proscribed ages are now ..it's not like tenure ..You stay in the Church for an amount of years ..get the sacraments and you get Grace to be saved ...
That would MAKE no sense
"You have to teach first ..they have to BECOME disciples...then get baptized .."

It doesn't say that, Rose. There isn't a predicate act to baptism. No " do X then Y" . It's "do X AND Y".
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
A question that no Catholic will answer:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!
Jesus said baptism was necessary.

There. I answered you, and I'm Catholic, so you can stop repeating yourself.

Thanks
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Quit reading your church doctrine.
there are more that just Christians in Heaven.
look at your question. a baby would know that is wrong.
Obeying Jesus' COMMANDS....Preston....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Old JG,
Baptism of the Holy Spirit was DIRECTLY from God and only happened twice.....apostles and House of Cornelius WITHOUT water.....
POWER was received by the apostles......Book of Acts Chapter 1 & 2.....
Acts 1:4
4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command:“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
Jesus commanded them NOT to leave Jerusalem......WAIT for the gift my FATHER promised.......Baptism of the Holy Spirit (power)
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost (WITHOUT WATER)
Acts 2:4
4 <<<<<All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit>>>>> and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Luke 24:49
49 I am going to send you what <<<my Father has promised;>>> but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
My Father has promised......COMMAND....stay in the city UNTIL you have been CLOTHED with POWER FROM ON HIGH......
Do you see it now?
~~~
Baptism of the Holy Spirit was DIRECTLY from God and only happened twice..

Your assessment here is the reason that most churches to day are as powerless as they are.

Just whom was Jesus speaking to when he said..

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Why do you limit the works of GOD and attempt to separate the evidences of the initial outpouring of the HOLY GHOST

(THAT IS RECORDED MANY TIMES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT)

from HIS church that exist today.

YOUR LIMITING OF THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BORDERS ON BLASPHENY.

LIKE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO PUT GOD IN THEIR BOX

AND CLAIM HIM ONLY FOR THEMSELVES.....

You attempt to put

the HOLY GHOST

in you own cage and

only allow him

the privileges to operate

with in the limits of your own carnal mind.

QUESTION..

IF YOU CAN PUT

THE THIRD PERSON OF THE GOD HEAD

UNDER CONTROL

OF YOUR CARNALLY MINDED THOUGHTS,

AND LIMITED MUSING WHY DO YOU CALL HIM GOD?

YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST

WHICH DEFINED IN GREEK IS THE ROOT WORD FOR DYNAMITE..

dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):- ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

REMINDS ME

of a man (in Virginia),( ignorant of the power of explosives) that

while attempting to dig a basement beneath his house

proceeded to blow his cook stove up in the rafters of the place..

Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, by your own church questions, you are proving that you are not Saved, and that is sad.
every person in the NT that were saved were then baptize, not vice versa
Sorry Preston....

You CANNOT be saved until you participate in the burial.....

By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

We have to die to sin....Preston....

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the <<<<<body ruled by sin might be done away with,>>>>> that we should no longer be slaves to sin—

body ruled by SIN might be done away with.....

Then comes your NEW LIFE, NEW BIRTH....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>True that. Which brings to mind yet another point. It seems that Cain did once go through the motions of honoring God or was he like so many of the posters that are here in that they honor God with their lips but their hearts are far from Him? Why did God reject the offering that Cain brought?
Tony,

Abel's sacrifice was offered "with faith"....if you will "more excellent."

Hebrews 11:4

4 By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Baptism of the Holy Spirit was DIRECTLY from God and only happened twice..
Your assessment here is the reason that most churches to day are as powerless as they are.
Just whom was Jesus speaking to when he said..
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Why do you limit the works of GOD and attempt to separate the evidences of the initial outpouring of the HOLY GHOST
(THAT IS RECORDED MANY TIMES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT)
from HIS church that exist today.
YOUR LIMITING OF THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BORDERS ON BLASPHENY.
LIKE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT HAS ATTEMPTED TO PUT GOD IN THEIR BOX
AND CLAIM HIM ONLY FOR THEMSELVES.....
You attempt to put
the HOLY GHOST
in you own cage and
only allow him
the privileges to operate
with in the limits of your own carnal mind.
QUESTION..
IF YOU CAN PUT
THE THIRD PERSON OF THE GOD HEAD
UNDER CONTROL
OF YOUR CARNALLY MINDED THOUGHTS,
AND LIMITED MUSING WHY DO YOU CALL HIM GOD?
YOUR IGNORANCE OF THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST
WHICH DEFINED IN GREEK IS THE ROOT WORD FOR DYNAMITE..
dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):- ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.
REMINDS ME
of a man (in Virginia),( ignorant of the power of explosives) that
while attempting to dig a basement beneath his house
proceeded to blow his cook stove up in the rafters of the place..
~~~

dunamis
doo'-nam-is

Dunamis ...evivently mean no more to some of you ...than a fire cracker.

some churches treat GOD'S DUNAMIS... as if it were a stink bomb..

THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS POWER..

IF SOME ONE HAPPENS TO COMES INTO THEIR MIST THAT IS FILLED WITH THE REAL POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST

and
the Holy Ghost demonstrates his power through them...

The deacons get them by the arms and evict them..

they treat them with disdain...

Just as the Roman Catholic church did MARTIN LUTHER

THEY TREAT THE HOLY GHOST...

IN THE SAME WAY THAT THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES DID JESUS.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
they treat them with disdain...
Just as the Roman Catholic church did MARTIN LUTHER
How are heretics to be treated, GIF?

Do you have them over to play cards, or what?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

marge wrote:
as the means of salvation,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; by the former is meant, not the ordinance of water baptism; for that is never expressed by washing, nor is it the cause or means of regeneration; the cause being the Spirit of God, and the means the word of God: and besides, persons ought to be regenerated before they are baptized; and they may be baptized, and yet not regenerated, as Simon Magus; nor is it a saving ordinance, or a point of salvation; nor can it be opposed to works of righteousness, as this washing is; for that itself is a work of righteousness; see Matthew 3:15 and if persons were saved by that, they would be saved by a work of righteousness, contrary to the text itself: but regenerating grace is meant, or a being born of water, and of the Spirit; that is, of the grace of the Spirit, comparable to water for its purity and cleansing virtue: hence such who are regenerated and sanctified, are said to be washed and cleansed, having their hearts purified by faith, and their consciences purged from sin by the blood of Christ:
Marge,

What does the word regeneration mean?

New birth or rebirth

Baptism is a washing....

Now put the two together....

Being transformed.....

Romans 12:2

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
LTM

Thank you for asking. I will have him in my prayers, and you as well....

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

no better love
INRI
its took me there
on Cross INRI
-there is a not love
-there is a no Mercy
-there is no Law

my lags
my hands
my body

its complete
ja=I am alive as I am
preserve

better be good trough Cross you are save
not any pain exist like on Cross

n
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not, we are rebirthed not washed. A new heart a new spirit, not washed ones.
baptism is a washing....a cleansing....

2 Peter 1:9

9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that <<<<<they have been cleansed from their past sins.>>>>>

What is the key word, Marge???

they have been <<<<<CLEANSED >>>>> from their past sins....

We ARE NOT saved until we have been CLEANSED from our sins.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

see temptation

i am alright

i hope you will understood
http://biblehub.com/james/1-12.htm

http://biblehub.com/psalms/8-5.htm
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Our own Faith ..by that I meant a baby going to the font ..carried by his parents ..it's not HIS OWN FAITH ..didn't word that as well as I could.
We believe in Jesus as our Saviour..That belief is faith...true Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who died for our Sins,..And Rose from the dead ..this leads us to Repentance ..a a product of grace ..
His blood has washed our robes CLEAN..the cup of Sin went to the Cross..he suffered as we would suffer by taking that cup ..
His sacrifice was as much Spiritual as physical as horrid as THST was .
This pure Son took our Sin ...He cried out why had t though forsaken me
Which was,OUR DUE..Not His ..being forsaken..How much He must have loved us to do that ..No wonder why He had asked to be able to not drink that vile cup ...He was so tortured by this that He sweated blood .
The blood of our Saviour ...
He conquered death when He rose from the dead ..
Believing all this is,NOT something a baby does ..nor does He confess this with His mouth
RoSesez

Peace

I can agree with most of what you have written. But I have trouble with your expressing the relationship of belief and faith. It seems to me, you are writing that if one believes great enough it turns into faith...("We believe in Jesus as our Saviour..That belief is faith...true Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who died for our Sins,..And Rose from the dead ..this leads us to Repentance ..a a product of grace ..
His blood ")

I think most people are in confusion about this. It is rather the opposite, that faith seeks knowledge(belief).

As you know, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the essence of things unseen(Hebrews 11:1) So what you write is that something which is seen(to be believed) becomes something of faith(unseen). This is contrary.

Consider two scriptures one is where Peter writes to supplement your faith with virtue, virtue with knowledge,....etc. There is a flow of faith to knowledge(belief)

The other item is where Jesus told the crowd you must eat my body and drink my blood, and later the disciples still followed, though they could not understand through belief, but accepted it by faith, and then Jesus later explained(knowledge with belief came later) it to them, but many people left Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no regeneration power in water...if there were...Christ could have stayed home....
2 Peter 1:9

9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been <<<cleansed>> > from their past sins.

There is power in a person's baptism...

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<<<working of God,>>>>> who raised him from the dead.

Who is working in a person's baptism???

GOD....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 460,381 - 460,400 of512,163
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

674 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min No Shiite 217,034
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min scaritual 680,220
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 250,393
Homosexuals are the shame of their families 9 min Adam 3
Is the galaxy full of Earths? 9 min PDX Dave 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min petesake 109,622
If u cought MOM blowing Dad...... (Aug '09) 21 min Jenji 5
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 46 min curt 251
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 10 hr sakib 47