Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477158 Sep 19, 2013
its trough spinal cord and heart..i hear call my name..who?
http://hopefaithprayer.com/scriptures/healing...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#477159 Sep 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh true ..I agree SERA. Many sin again after receiving Christ ...But there is,a MEDIATOR for us JESUS ..we confess to Him..
But in that Cross..drinking that Cup of our Sin ..That Din was from yesterday..today and tomorrow ..or else He died only for some Sin..And must die again..
His blood is the only perfect unblemished sacrifice ..He knew every bike sin on that Cross and died for us anyway ..That is love .
As,I Said if we don't repent then we think we have NO NEED of a Saviour
If that's the case it can be true we DO NOT have Faith ..belief in Jesus as Saviour ...ours whom we need to repent to.
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477160 Sep 19, 2013
-don't lift up your spirit in vain
i walk in light
they stay in darkness of that gate
remember that..

-don't give chance that someone simply grab your spirit

i walk in this city between dead body many many
i am alive as i am today alive..
its bring me to my people too
but not as they think i been with them
no
i come in light
i walk as alive as i am today alive
n

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477162 Sep 19, 2013
My Mentor died tonight after a long illness. angels are singing tonight.

RIP, REV. DONALD SHOCKEY

Location hidden

#477163 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ works through the priest, Christ calls young men to the priesthood,.
God DOESNT call young men who are homosexuals to become ministers of His Words, just as tony(self professed homosexual) who claims to be a teacher.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#477164 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire, and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ, how well we obeyed the Great Commission, how victorious we were over sin, how well we controlled our tongues and so on. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
Judged where? By whom? Can we flunk the salvation test? If so, how?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
At the second coming. By Christ. Yes. "Do not be surprised at that; the time is coming, when all those who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come out of them; those whose actions have been good, rising to new life, and those whose doings have been evil, rising to meet their sentence."
Judged where? You answered at the second coming.(Wrong.
II Corinthians 5:10, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."
The judgment seat of Christ is in heaven for BELIEVERS. Romans 14:10-12, 10 "Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” 12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.")

By whom? You answered Christ.(You are correct)

Can we flunk the salvation test? You said Yes.(Explain how we flunk the salvation test.)

If so, how? You quoted from "Eschatology from the Second Vatican Council to our days" (What is that supposed to mean? Your response is not Biblical. Try again.)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#477165 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
FROM GOD'S WORD IS THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO HEAR ..
best prepare to meet God while you have opportunity..
I hear, believe, accept and adhere to God's word (each and every day) at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord (HIS TRUE Body and Blood) in the Eucharist, along with the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible from the Daily Reading in the Gospel, the N.T. the O.T. and the Epistles......... I am becoming "fully prepared" (each day) to meet Our Lord Jesus Christ and God Our Father, when I am called to leave my wife and seven children (who by the way are ALSO grounded and unified in the TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.......I thank Our Lord every day for being led (out of the doldrums of half-truth, half-heresy (bible only) bondage of "RELATIVE (personal opinionated) TRUTH" to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One TRUE HOLY SACRED APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH (the Bride of Christ).......You do what you want Confrinting!.......I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with (what we know-without a doubt) is the Biblical and historical PROVEN TRUTH!....I will continue to pray that God will (open your BLINDED eyes) to the TRUTH of His TRUE SALVATION.that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through HIS One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!!!!....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#477166 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ works through the priest, Christ calls young men to the priesthood, You know what confession is. When we confess our sins, and are sorry for the sins we committed, they are wiped away, when Christ goes through our life, those sinful things do not show up, the're gone because we repented by going to confession. When we die, is when we quit sinning, man is not perfect and will always mess up until he dies, thats whst's so great about the Sacrament of the sick, what they used to call extreme unction. When we arrive in Purgatory, we go through the fire to become pure so we can enter heaven. I don't know what the heck you are posting because of misspelled words and sentences that are messed up. You don't have anything to worry about if you are truly repentant of your sins and forgive others. Christ died for you and everyone on this planet, living and dead and the ones yet to be born and conceived. We all have sin except one, she is called the Immaculate Conception.
You said, quote, "Christ died for you and everyone on this planet, living and dead and the ones yet to be born and conceived. We all have sin except one, she is called the Immaculate Conception." End quote.

Try reading the Bible......Romans 3:23, "For everyone(including the immaculate deception) has sinned; we ALL fall short of God’s glorious standard."

Strange how that works. Look into the word of God and bang....no more immaculate deception. She was as sinful as you and me. No better no worse. Just an ordinary sinner!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477167 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ works through the priest, Christ calls young men to the priesthood, You know what confession is. When we confess our sins, and are sorry for the sins we committed, they are wiped away, when Christ goes through our life, those sinful things do not show up, the're gone because we repented by going to confession. When we die, is when we quit sinning, man is not perfect and will always mess up until he dies, thats whst's so great about the Sacrament of the sick, what they used to call extreme unction. When we arrive in Purgatory, we go through the fire to become pure so we can enter heaven. I don't know what the heck you are posting because of misspelled words and sentences that are messed up. You don't have anything to worry about if you are truly repentant of your sins and forgive others. Christ died for you and everyone on this planet, living and dead and the ones yet to be born and conceived. We all have sin except one, she is called the Immaculate Conception.
Mt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

There are no exceptions....you are believing a lie than cannot be supported by Scripture...

Location hidden

#477168 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ died for you. If you think your sins are automatically forgiven, when you don't ask for forgiveness, or forgive others, you are in for a rude awakening. If you think you can't sin anymore if you say you are born again, you are in for a rude awakening. Christianity isn't being happy all the time. Its not a feel good religion, its very hard to be a Christian. Full of blood sweat and tears and PENANCE. How many times do you offer up your bad days to Christ?
Penance: A sacrament in some Christian churches that includes contrition, confession to a priest, acceptance of punishment, and absolution. Also called reconciliation

Not supported by Scripture.....you cannot pay for your sins...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477169 Sep 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
RIP, REV. DONALD SHOCKEY
So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend and mentor.He surely is in a much better place tonight.God Bless him and his family during these days and may God comfort those that grieve for him in the days to come.

Location hidden

#477170 Sep 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear, believe, accept and adhere to God's word (each and every day) at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord (HIS TRUE Body and Blood) in the Eucharist, along with the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible from the Daily Reading in the Gospel, the N.T. the O.T. and the Epistles......... I am becoming "fully prepared" (each day) to meet Our Lord Jesus Christ and God Our Father, when I am called to leave my wife and seven children (who by the way are ALSO grounded and unified in the TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.......I thank Our Lord every day for being led (out of the doldrums of half-truth, half-heresy (bible only) bondage of "RELATIVE (personal opinionated) TRUTH" to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One TRUE HOLY SACRED APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH (the Bride of Christ).......You do what you want Confrinting!.......I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with (what we know-without a doubt) is the Biblical and historical PROVEN TRUTH!....I will continue to pray that God will (open your BLINDED eyes) to the TRUTH of His TRUE SALVATION.that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through HIS One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!!!!!....
You are calling your pope a liar!!! Ah love it!!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

The Catholic religion is a denomination....same as all Protestant churches...denominations...

Location hidden

#477171 Sep 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that the Catholic church did not get built as the catlicks insist, is in Scripture...Christ referred to the seven (7) churches in Rev ....

Either He forgot He built it or someone forgot to tell Him....He did not refer to any of them as "Catholic"....

Location hidden

#477172 Sep 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend and mentor.He surely is in a much better place tonight.God Bless him and his family during these days and may God comfort those that grieve for him in the days to come.
You have no idea where he is tonight...Only God and he knows...period...
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#477173 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Amen and agreed.
accepting Jesus as Lord is saving through Grace.
But all sin..we must have the Faith that He paid the price and will forgive our sins when we confess .
The PRICE has already been paid..But if we LOVE HIM we will confess and make every effort not to sin..why ?? Because we love Him and our Sin cost Him so much .
It's a cycle that starts with Faith..
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#477174 Sep 19, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Knit ..believe and worship as you wish.

But you made a statement that said Jesus did NOT pay for all Sin...You specified abortion.

You were wrong and do not agree with the Catholics who answered .

Jesus died and paid the PRICE for all Sin...it's His blood ..

Forgiveness comes with repentance to CHRIST ..ONLY ONE MEDIATOR .

Apologize for the misspelling ..however you understood me just fine ..

You did not answer the direct question in dying to Save us ...did He die for all Sin ..shed His blood for ALL SIN .

Believe in your priest if you choose ...only ONE PERFECT BEING..JESUS CHRIST ...fully God ..fully HUMan..

And only a perfect being could be the sacrifice ..it WAS NOT MARY ..as holy as She was ..HER BLOOD DOES NOT WASH US CLEAN ..ONLY JESUS eh o took ALL SIN TO THE CROSS
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#477175 Sep 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
RIP, REV. DONALD SHOCKEY
Sorry to hear of your friends,death ...sad for you ..And those who.loved him.

your brother is,HOME .God bless you all

Location hidden

#477176 Sep 19, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear of your friends,death ...sad for you ..And those who.loved him.
your brother is,HOME .God bless you all
No doubt..he is home...but where is "home"?????

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#477177 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I was trying to be sincere....my fault....
You were, and I saw it....thanks again.

I was just pointing out the differences and incompleteness of prayer.

One may think of it in many ways, so I think of it as a personal mental rub.

If "God" answered prayers, then children who probably prayed that they were at home - warm and cozy - instead of being froze to death on their trek home, one begins to wonder what prayers "God" could answer. So my opinion of your "God" is that "He" either has free will and chooses to help whom "He" chooses, or "He" has no control over anything.

Cheers!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477178 Sep 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea where he is tonight...Only God and he knows...period...
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 92,716
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 6 min Rao 266
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min crucifiedguy 286,083
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 979,462
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 183,629
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 619,219
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
More from around the web