Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647118 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477011 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I ever said that and wrong all born-agains believe it's faith alone.
No, Marge....wrong again....it is NOT faith alone....
yTubeNews

AOL

#477012 Sep 19, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST --

Clay

Garden City, MI

#477013 Sep 19, 2013
yTubeNews wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
100% proof private interpretations of sacred scripture is the will of the devil and not Christ Jesus. How many more cults need to pop up before you fanatics get it. You're not an authority on scripture, you can not undo the the word of God by inserting your own opinions on His teachings.
The Bible is the product of yrs of Catholic tradition. It was compiled from a series of councils by the authoritative teaching Magisterium set up by the Apostles. The Apostles set up this Church and never once commanded them to form a Christian Bible. That's why it took 300 yrs to form one. Fyi, this came AFTER Constantine was already dead.(more facts that destroys your theology)

The Protestant Bible- which I assume you use- is the result of a handful of heretics who removed 7 of the sacred books without authority from God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477014 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Marge....wrong again....it is NOT faith alone....
Truth, correct me if I am wrong, but you are not Catholic? What are you then?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477015 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, correct me if I am wrong, but you are not Catholic? What are you then?
Clay, no I am not catholic.....I used to be though....I am just a Christian trying to follow God's word as He states it....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477016 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I ever said that and wrong all born-agains believe it's faith alone.
Marge,

A true disciple of Christ understands that faith is HIS PART of a covenant relationship with God and that there are more to the relationship with God besides faith.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477017 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,

Is our salvation based on "faith alone?"

NO!

Is our salvation based on "grace alone?"

NO!

Ephesians 2:8

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

faith and grace.....and NOT neither of them "alone"

Is our salvation based on "hope alone?"

NO!

Romans 8:24

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

I can go on but I HOPE you get the point!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477018 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
~~~

You need to remember your above analogy when you and other Roman Catholics commit SPIRITUAL ADULTERY, AND FORNICATION, with your
idols, statues and lil gods...

IF YOU THINK THAT GOD WONT LOCK THE DOOR OF HEAVEN AGAINST

ADULTERERS AND FORNICATORS ....THEN YOU ARE IN FOR ONE RUDE AWAKENING.

THOSE THAT HATE GOD WILL NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST....

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Deu_32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment;

~~~~~`

2Co_11:2 For I am JEALOUS..( to have warmth of feeling for or against:- affect, covet (earnestly),(have) desire,(move with) envy, be jealous over,(be) zealous (-ly affect).

over you with godly jealousy:

for I have espoused you to one HUSBAND, that I may present you as a

-->chaste<-- virgin to Christ.

-->CHASTE....( properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pur

virgin to Christ.

~~~~

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

NOTE THE GREEK DEFINITIONS BELOW

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also

LOVED...( agapao&#772; ag-ap-ah'-o

the church, andgave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might

SANCTIFY...(to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

and CLEANSE...(-(make) clean (-se), purge, purify.

it with the WASHING...( a bath, that is,(figuratively) baptism:- washing.

of water by the WORD,

Eph 5:27 That he might

PRESENT...( to stand beside, that is,(transitively) to exhibit, proffer,(specifically) recommend,(figuratively) substantiate; or (intransitively) to be at hand (or ready), aid:- assist, bring before, command, commend, give presently, present, prove, provide, shew, stand (before, by, here, up, with), yield.

it to himself

a GLORIOUS...( in glory, that is, splendid,(figuratively) noble:- glorious, gorgeous [-ly], honourable.

... CHURCH,...( a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly

NOT HAVING ...SPOT ( to stain or soil (literally or figuratively):- defile, spot.)

OR.... WRINKLE (a fold (as drawing together), that is, a wrinkle (especially on the face):- wrinkle.

or any such thing;

but that it should be...

HOLY ...(sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated):-(most) holy (one, thing), saint.

and

without....BLEMISH ...(unblemished (literally or figuratively):- without blame (blemish, fault, spot), faultless, unblameable.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477019 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
~~~

You need to remember your above analogy when you and other Roman Catholics commit SPIRITUAL ADULTERY, AND FORNICATION, with your

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

~~~~~`

2Co_11:2 For I am JEALOUS..( to have warmth of feeling for or against:- affect, covet (earnestly),(have) desire,(move with) envy, be jealous over,(be) zealous (-ly affect).

-->CHASTE....( properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pur

virgin to Christ.

~~~~

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

SANCTIFY...(to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

of water by the WORD,

PRESENT...( to stand beside, that is,(transitively) to exhibit, proffer,(specifically) recommend,(figuratively) substantiate; or (intransitively) to be at hand (or ready), aid:- assist, bring before, command, commend, give presently, present, prove, provide, shew, stand (before, by, here, up, with), yield.

it to himself

a GLORIOUS...( in glory, that is, splendid,(figuratively) noble:- glorious, gorgeous [-ly], honourable.

... CHURCH,...( a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly

NOT HAVING ...SPOT ( to stain or soil (literally or figuratively):- defile, spot.)

OR.... WRINKLE (a fold (as drawing together), that is, a wrinkle (especially on the face):- wrinkle.

or any such thing;

but that it should be...

HOLY ...(sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated):-(most) holy (one, thing), saint.

and

without....BLEMISH ...(unblemished (literally or figuratively):- without blame (blemish, fault, spot), faultless, unblameable.
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477020 Sep 19, 2013
Real Creator is not jelouse God
Real Creator not created us for suffering.
Real Creator not need mirror for set up and multiplay as false posessors and decivers to be accuser toward many.

Real Creator exist.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477021 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire, and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ, how well we obeyed the Great Commission, how victorious we were over sin, how well we controlled our tongues and so on. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
Judged where? By whom? Can we flunk the salvation test? If so, how?
At the second coming. By Christ. Yes. "Do not be surprised at that; the time is coming, when all those who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come out of them; those whose actions have been good, rising to new life, and those whose doings have been evil, rising to meet their sentence."
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477022 Sep 19, 2013
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
Cross INRI
Who put Jesus there?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477023 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
A true disciple of Christ understands that faith is HIS PART of a covenant relationship with God and that there are more to the relationship with God besides faith.
1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")
3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")

Better?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477024 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, no I am not catholic.....I used to be though....I am just a Christian trying to follow God's word as He states it....
But you're still interpreting Gods word. The Bible still needs to be interpreted. How do you know you're coming to Biblical truth? Also, how many Books of the Bible do you consider 'Gods word'?
What if God wants you to pray for the dead- which is alluded to in the KJV NT, but blatantly spelled out in the OT scriptures in the Books the reformed removed? To me, that doesn't make sense to say you're trying to follow Gods word as He states it, but not using all the Books.(nor the oral instructions from the Apostle, which is ALSO Gods word).
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477025 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~~~`
virgin to Christ.
~~~~
of water by the WORD,
it to himself
or any such thing;
but that it should be...
and
No problem then, we don't think statues are idols.

Do you think someone will enter Heaven even though they undid the word of God and falsely accuse Catholics over and over and over again, with out remorse and disregard for the testimony of the accused? You know you're sinning. I know you know this. But you somehow think you're covered because you are using your interpretations of scripture to cover your behind. Perhaps you should show where Christ commanded us to privately interpret scripture to form an understanding of the truth that He was executed for delivering to us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477026 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")
3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")
Better?
No....

Salvation is by nothing "alone!"
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477027 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose claiming without the evidence? maybe I don't understand your question.
Don't you believe that salvation is a one-time event that happens the moment you accept Christ as your personal Saviour? What evidence is there at that moment?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477028 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
____
Why do you reject the teaching of Jesus and attempt to assume your catechism into God's word
Since you reject so much of the truth that is in the Bible why do you claim to be a Christian...
I aint a Lutheran...
I accept Jesus's teaching. And you are not an authority to judge otherwise. You specifically stated you reject much of Luther's teaching, yet claim he rececived a revelation from God regarding truth. What is your authority to decide which truths God revelaed to Luther?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477029 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tells us that we will be judged by our good works. I'll take Him at His word. You can trust Self.
Why do you only believe in half of what Jesus taught, if you agree that men wrote these teachings, and tout the other half as if they are golden?

Do you evern pay attention to what you say?

IMO - you sound confused.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477030 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the unforgivable sin? UNBELIEF!
Actually you are wrong too.

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Passersby 49,706
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 45 min ChristineM 445,766
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min Rosa_Winkel 105,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 971,834
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 2 hr Thinking 28
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 hr Sonny Wu 167
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr Steve III 391
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 hr poptropaa 44
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 18 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web