Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693506 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#477003 Sep 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the "umteemth" time, where does it say in the bible that (everything)(every word every phrase, every sentence) MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true??? ALSO where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine words ONLY in the bible??? This is just more of the "same old distorted BS" that you Protestant "fundies" have (invented) on your own! Where in the bible is the word Trinity? Where is the Apostles Creed? Where is the Nicene Creed? Where is the word Bible? Where are the words Bible only? Jesus Christ, left us and gave us "one TRUE APOSTOLIC Universal Church, and it was Catholic Matthew 16:13-21. Paul confirms this in His letter to Timothy when (in I Timothy 3:15) he calls the CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!.....You, Confrinting, just keep "burger flipping" your bible verses (one after another) around and around in circles, attempting to concoct and invent something that Jesus Christ NEVER INTENDED nor NEVER TAUGHT to His Apostles when He handed down to them (the WORD OF GOD) and the TRUE CHRISTIAN FAITH....... Your bible only fictitious teaching was NEVER BELIEVED nor EVER TAUGHT by (anyone) until the 17th century. It is nothing but and extension of the Protestant Reformation, which is a man-made doctrine that has "absolutely no basis" of ANY biblical or historical TRUTH to back up ANY of its teachings!
Hojo said, quote, "For the "umteemth" time, where does it say in the bible that (everything)(every word every phrase, every sentence) MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true???" End quote.

Hojo, you are right. Your ignorance is not eluded to nor discussed in the Bible yet you are the most ignorant person on this forum. Finally, something we can agree on. Your stupidity.
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#477004 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AMEN
NEED TO CATCH SOME ZZZZ
NITE ALL
GIF
GOD BLESS ..me too At Hi to Kay ..

By His,stripes ..WE ARE HEALED..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477005 Sep 18, 2013
Hey Clay!!!! Look!!!!

The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Did you get that????? What church is that?????
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477006 Sep 18, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD BLESS ..me too At Hi to Kay ..
By His,stripes ..WE ARE HEALED..
Amen, by His stripes alone, Thank you Jesus.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#477007 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo said, quote, "For the "umteemth" time, where does it say in the bible that (everything)(every word every phrase, every sentence) MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true???" End quote.
Hojo, you are right. Your ignorance is not eluded to nor discussed in the Bible yet you are the most ignorant person on this forum. Finally, something we can agree on. Your stupidity.
Sorry to burst your (bible only)bubble OldJG, but you Protestant "fundies" have attained 1st place and the "grand prize for being the most misguided, misdirected, mislead and deceivedly "duped" group of "half-truth, half-heretical Christians since the Reformation. The ONLY thing that "ANY" of you bible only (relative truth "fundies" can rely upon is each others editorialized (personal opinions)----ALL 42,000 of you------ when it comes to
interpreting the bible........ Even then, it is a hodge-podge of contradictions, and inconsistencies.......... You "fundies" have proven to all of us Catholics (over and over and over again) that you have not, will not or cannot even "agree with each other" when it comes to bible interpretation on baptism, salvation, the eucharist, or Christian ANY DOCTRINE!! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----you, Confrinting, Ox, justachristian and the rest of you bible only Protestants, will CONTINUE to remain on the "outside of the truth" (rebelliously and defiantly, like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11) constantly looking in at the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and the TRUTH of the Catholic Christian faith. There is hope for you OldJG!! The Prodigal son (eventually) came to "his senses"!!!
Clay

Detroit, MI

#477008 Sep 19, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
DID OR DID NOT JESUS,DIE TO PAY FOR ALL SIN.???
I'm not saying every sinned will be saved ..I'm asking does your Church teach that He paid the Blood Sacrifice for ALL SIN..???
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'

He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
Clay

Detroit, MI

#477010 Sep 19, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
DID OR DID NOT JESUS,DIE TO PAY FOR ALL SIN.???
I'm not saying every sinned will be saved ..I'm asking does your Church teach that He paid the Blood Sacrifice for ALL SIN..???
And yes, Christ paid the sacrifice for all sin. Its up to us now to cooperate. If were not remorseful, we didn't do our part in the plan for salvation.

Its important for you not to design your own Christianity. This forum should have made many of you realize the sin of Luther, but you guys think the man's a hero? You follow his man made doctrines that could only have come from the devil. Think about it, wouldn't the devil like you to believe that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, but do nothin for him in return? Heck, that's exactly what Satan believes. Think about that next time oldg opens up his yap trying to be an authority on scripture.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477011 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I ever said that and wrong all born-agains believe it's faith alone.
No, Marge....wrong again....it is NOT faith alone....
yTubeNews

AOL

#477012 Sep 19, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST --

Clay

Garden City, MI

#477013 Sep 19, 2013
yTubeNews wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
100% proof private interpretations of sacred scripture is the will of the devil and not Christ Jesus. How many more cults need to pop up before you fanatics get it. You're not an authority on scripture, you can not undo the the word of God by inserting your own opinions on His teachings.
The Bible is the product of yrs of Catholic tradition. It was compiled from a series of councils by the authoritative teaching Magisterium set up by the Apostles. The Apostles set up this Church and never once commanded them to form a Christian Bible. That's why it took 300 yrs to form one. Fyi, this came AFTER Constantine was already dead.(more facts that destroys your theology)

The Protestant Bible- which I assume you use- is the result of a handful of heretics who removed 7 of the sacred books without authority from God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#477014 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Marge....wrong again....it is NOT faith alone....
Truth, correct me if I am wrong, but you are not Catholic? What are you then?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477015 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, correct me if I am wrong, but you are not Catholic? What are you then?
Clay, no I am not catholic.....I used to be though....I am just a Christian trying to follow God's word as He states it....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477016 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think I ever said that and wrong all born-agains believe it's faith alone.
Marge,

A true disciple of Christ understands that faith is HIS PART of a covenant relationship with God and that there are more to the relationship with God besides faith.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477017 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,

Is our salvation based on "faith alone?"

NO!

Is our salvation based on "grace alone?"

NO!

Ephesians 2:8

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

faith and grace.....and NOT neither of them "alone"

Is our salvation based on "hope alone?"

NO!

Romans 8:24

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

I can go on but I HOPE you get the point!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477018 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
~~~

You need to remember your above analogy when you and other Roman Catholics commit SPIRITUAL ADULTERY, AND FORNICATION, with your
idols, statues and lil gods...

IF YOU THINK THAT GOD WONT LOCK THE DOOR OF HEAVEN AGAINST

ADULTERERS AND FORNICATORS ....THEN YOU ARE IN FOR ONE RUDE AWAKENING.

THOSE THAT HATE GOD WILL NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST....

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deu_5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Deu_32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment;

~~~~~`

2Co_11:2 For I am JEALOUS..( to have warmth of feeling for or against:- affect, covet (earnestly),(have) desire,(move with) envy, be jealous over,(be) zealous (-ly affect).

over you with godly jealousy:

for I have espoused you to one HUSBAND, that I may present you as a

-->chaste<-- virgin to Christ.

-->CHASTE....( properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pur

virgin to Christ.

~~~~

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

NOTE THE GREEK DEFINITIONS BELOW

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also

LOVED...( agapao&#772; ag-ap-ah'-o

the church, andgave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might

SANCTIFY...(to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

and CLEANSE...(-(make) clean (-se), purge, purify.

it with the WASHING...( a bath, that is,(figuratively) baptism:- washing.

of water by the WORD,

Eph 5:27 That he might

PRESENT...( to stand beside, that is,(transitively) to exhibit, proffer,(specifically) recommend,(figuratively) substantiate; or (intransitively) to be at hand (or ready), aid:- assist, bring before, command, commend, give presently, present, prove, provide, shew, stand (before, by, here, up, with), yield.

it to himself

a GLORIOUS...( in glory, that is, splendid,(figuratively) noble:- glorious, gorgeous [-ly], honourable.

... CHURCH,...( a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly

NOT HAVING ...SPOT ( to stain or soil (literally or figuratively):- defile, spot.)

OR.... WRINKLE (a fold (as drawing together), that is, a wrinkle (especially on the face):- wrinkle.

or any such thing;

but that it should be...

HOLY ...(sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated):-(most) holy (one, thing), saint.

and

without....BLEMISH ...(unblemished (literally or figuratively):- without blame (blemish, fault, spot), faultless, unblameable.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477019 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

You need to remember your above analogy when you and other Roman Catholics commit SPIRITUAL ADULTERY, AND FORNICATION, with your
idols, statues and lil gods...

IF YOU THINK THAT GOD WONT LOCK THE DOOR OF HEAVEN AGAINST

ADULTERERS AND FORNICATORS ....THEN YOU ARE IN FOR ONE RUDE AWAKENING.

THOSE THAT HATE GOD WILL NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST....

Exo_20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deu_32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment;

~~~~~`

2Co_11:2 For I am JEALOUS..( to have warmth of feeling for or against:- affect, covet (earnestly),(have) desire,(move with) envy, be jealous over,(be) zealous (-ly affect).

over you with godly jealousy:

for I have espoused you to one HUSBAND, that I may present you as a

-->chaste<-- virgin to Christ.

-->CHASTE....( properly clean, that is,(figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect:- chaste, clean, pur

virgin to Christ.

~~~~

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

NOTE THE GREEK DEFINITIONS BELOW

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also

LOVED...( agapao&#772; ag-ap-ah'-o

the church, andgave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might

SANCTIFY...(to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

and CLEANSE...(-(make) clean (-se), purge, purify.

it with the WASHING...( a bath, that is,(figuratively) baptism:- washing.

of water by the WORD,

Eph 5:27 That he might

PRESENT...( to stand beside, that is,(transitively) to exhibit, proffer,(specifically) recommend,(figuratively) substantiate; or (intransitively) to be at hand (or ready), aid:- assist, bring before, command, commend, give presently, present, prove, provide, shew, stand (before, by, here, up, with), yield.

it to himself

a GLORIOUS...( in glory, that is, splendid,(figuratively) noble:- glorious, gorgeous [-ly], honourable.

... CHURCH,...( a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly

NOT HAVING ...SPOT ( to stain or soil (literally or figuratively):- defile, spot.)

OR.... WRINKLE (a fold (as drawing together), that is, a wrinkle (especially on the face):- wrinkle.

or any such thing;

but that it should be...

HOLY ...(sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated):-(most) holy (one, thing), saint.

and

without....BLEMISH ...(unblemished (literally or figuratively):- without blame (blemish, fault, spot), faultless, unblameable.
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477020 Sep 19, 2013
Real Creator is not jelouse God
Real Creator not created us for suffering.
Real Creator not need mirror for set up and multiplay as false posessors and decivers to be accuser toward many.

Real Creator exist.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477021 Sep 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire, and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ, how well we obeyed the Great Commission, how victorious we were over sin, how well we controlled our tongues and so on. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
Judged where? By whom? Can we flunk the salvation test? If so, how?
At the second coming. By Christ. Yes. "Do not be surprised at that; the time is coming, when all those who are in their graves will hear his voice and will come out of them; those whose actions have been good, rising to new life, and those whose doings have been evil, rising to meet their sentence."
truth

High Wycombe, Australia

#477022 Sep 19, 2013
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
Cross INRI
Who put Jesus there?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#477023 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
A true disciple of Christ understands that faith is HIS PART of a covenant relationship with God and that there are more to the relationship with God besides faith.
1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")
3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")

Better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Gotti 53,188
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale1 286,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min trifecta1 992,367
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 40 min Doctor REALITY 11
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 51 min Hypocrite 33
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min bongodongo 446,008
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,482
More from around the web