Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641797 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Iota, LA

#476942 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???
RoSesz

Peace

Don't be worried over June, I just checked. She is busy talking with herself, anti-religion bashing, on the Gay/Lesbian Forum.....

I suspect she is more involved in getting her number of opinions up, and that having to think over her answers here is holding her back(IMHO).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476943 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Go down a little....
Acts 16:33
33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then <<<<<immediatel y he and all his household were baptized.>>>>>
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Lu 3:10; Ac 2:37; 9:6
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16,36; 6:47; 1Jo 5:10
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31

Ac 16:33 is not a parallel verse to the verses I quoted...it is not part of the answer which was given...quote:Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476944 Sep 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31
Ac 16:33 is not a parallel verse to the verses I quoted...it is not part of the answer which was given...quote:Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Why, do you think, did Paul and Silas see to it that the jailer and all his household were baptized?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476945 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Nice to see you back Kay, hope you're feeling better. Why must Luther's prostestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?
Luther's revelations on faith came by the Spirit. They were neither Protestant nor Catholic. They were of God, not man. They were termed 'Protestant', because the CC could not accept them. I didn't mention his 'sins'...just the racial anti-Jew one...which was taught by man.
I knew an individual who was raised in an orphanage in the early part of last century. She was 'taught' there that black people were a bit above cattle, but not really 'human'. That orphanage was neither Protestant nor Catholic...and the 'understanding' of the day 'sounded' reasonable...but it took a revelation to correct it. She had that 'revelation' eventually.
Plus..sad to say ..at Luther's,time and before JEWS were not treated well on the excuse they needed to change their belief...won't go into all that..But also the erroneous teaching that Jews killed Jesus .

Luther was a msn with faults..But he was deep in prayer as a monk..doing a Penance on his knees on some steps praying ..I believe ..when it occurred to Him what scripture actually said regarding
The punishment for sin..

How many steps ..for a,lie ..or stealing..it a bad though t ...what if you had the same sin the next day .
He was praying in the Spirit ..And found truth

Jesus blood covered all sin..he drank the cup ..took all our SIN to the Cross with Him..

The PENANCE is done by the only perfect being ...selling or giving indulgences ...Hail Mary's ..flagellation..bloody knees,.does not make up for sin..

Praying is what we do to talk WITH Our Love ...it's,not a,punishment
for sin ..imposed by a,priest ..

GOD showed us in the garden ..with the Jews ..That ONLY BLOOD SACRIFICE

washes away Sin..And only PERFECT SINLESS BLOOD of the NEW,COVENANT
covers OUR Sin.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476946 Sep 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
Don't be worried over June, I just checked. She is busy talking with herself, anti-religion bashing, on the Gay/Lesbian Forum.....
I suspect she is more involved in getting her number of opinions up, and that having to think over her answers here is holding her back(IMHO).
Thanks,Robert ...glad to hear there is still time for her to choose the path of righteousness .

It is her choice ..But the owner hired workers in the last hour in the parable ..glad to know,she still has at least that .

I headlined on the atheist forum but no one had seen her last week..

God bless you ..

It was not keeping me awake but I wAs,concerned

May the Lord bless her and make His face to shine on her and give her the Peace that passersby all understanding ..in Jesus name Amen
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476947 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus..sad to say ..at Luther's,time and before JEWS were not treated well on the excuse they needed to change their belief...won't go into all that..But also the erroneous teaching that Jews killed Jesus .
Luther was a msn with faults..But he was deep in prayer as a monk..doing a Penance on his knees on some steps praying ..I believe ..when it occurred to Him what scripture actually said regarding
The punishment for sin..
How many steps ..for a,lie ..or stealing..it a bad though t ...what if you had the same sin the next day .
Jesus blood covered all sin..he drank the cup ..took all our SIN to the Cross with Him..
The PENANCE is done by the only perfect being ...selling or giving indulgences ...Hail Mary's ..flagellation..bloody knees,.does not make up for sin..
covers OUR Sin.
....which fails to address Anthony's inquiry.

"Why must Luther's protestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?"
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476948 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The punishment for sin..
covers OUR Sin.
Luther tried like crazy to eliminate St. James' epistle from the canon because it didn't reconcile with his "new revelation" on justification. It still doesn't, and you guys just try to cover it up (like your sin) and gloss over it. At the end of his life he deeply regretted opening Pandora's box....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476949 Sep 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Oxbow....

You cannot leave out verse 33.....

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

same hour of the night....

washed their stripes.....

and was BAPTIZED.....

Do you really believe that Paul and Silas would have let them go without being baptized?

As we all know how much Paul and Silas was concerned for people's souls.....

Don't you believe that Paul and Silas wanted them to be able to obtain the spiritual blessings which are in Christ Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476950 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "diverting"?
You insistently ask us why we "believe men instead of Jesus", and then run out the Gospel of Thomas, which is of identical sourcing as any Gospel. It's not written in Jesus' own hand nor does it claim to be, in the same manner as what we rely upon.
Your inquiry has been asked and answered a million times. John 3:5 is what Catholics believe represents Christ's statement about baptism.
Of course it is, Dan.

Why do you limit "God's inspiration"?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476951 Sep 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Faith.
Faith = Self. Faith is a product of one's mind, through learning about a religious view and then accepting that this path is accurate.

So we can conclude that your Self acquired it. Like I asked - How?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476952 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband certainly isn't willing to grant to Catholics the latitude you do here to Luther's human foible, particularly since Luther never had any "revelation" recorded whereupon he changed his mind nor his statements concerning Jews.
When it's Catholics who demonstrate human fault, he attributes the fault to Satan, extrapolating that Satan is the root of any evil on part of any Catholic living or dead, and then broad-brushes the entire institution on those grounds.
~~~
While I am not necessarily a follower..of.. Martin Luther nor do I subscribe to all his teachings

He was a Catholic priest...that changed the LIVES for many Christians.

When he proved to THEM that "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH"...

He is not the primary subject here in this forum...

BUT THAT HE IS DESPISED BY ROMAN CATHOLICS AND THAT SOME CONSIDERED HIM A TOOL OF THE DEVIL IS VERY OBVIOUS...

THAT THEY CONSIDER THEIR CHURCH IT'S RITUALS CALISTHENICS MORE IMPORTANT THAT THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD IS ALSO EVIDENT.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#476953 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is, Dan.
Why do you limit "God's inspiration"?
I'm sorry-of course "what" is?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476954 Sep 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting
Peace.
Hmmmm. I thought Paul was writing to Timothy, and speaking about himself.
You are taking something out of the scriptures and applying it which may or may not be true in your situation, and view of things.
Moses struck the rock twice, in frustration. I just forewarn you to be careful(that is a reproof(although I cannot do it to your face)).
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS...

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476955 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther tried like crazy to eliminate St. James' epistle from the canon because it didn't reconcile with his "new revelation" on justification. It still doesn't, and you guys just try to cover it up (like your sin) and gloss over it. At the end of his life he deeply regretted opening Pandora's box....
We don't think James contradicts Paul on justification at all as Paul to mentions 'good works';

Eph 2:8-10
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:[it is] the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, >created in Christ Jesus unto good works,< which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Location hidden

#476956 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow's and atems Logic Applied To Other Commands of Christ:
"Jesus commanded us to love Him and love each other as ourselves.
To whom, specifically, did He issue this command?
Even if you give me a name, they're dead now, so this command of Jesus is invalid."
Ox and atem's logic on baptism applied to Jesus' other commands.
You need not prove that you are an idiot that cannot face the truth...we know it!!!

What you are saying proves that these people were lied to!!!!

I repeat mah questions: Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!

Location hidden

#476957 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, do you think, did Paul and Silas see to it that the jailer and all his household were baptized?
What does that have to do with the price of ice in Alaska???!!!!!

Location hidden

#476958 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Oxbow....
You cannot leave out verse 33.....
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
same hour of the night....
washed their stripes.....
and was BAPTIZED.....
Do you really believe that Paul and Silas would have let them go without being baptized?
As we all know how much Paul and Silas was concerned for people's souls.....
Don't you believe that Paul and Silas wanted them to be able to obtain the spiritual blessings which are in Christ Jesus?
Am not leaving out Ac 16:33....I made reference to it several times..

Here it is once more: Ac 16:33 is not a parallel verse to the verses I quoted...it is not part of the answer which was given...quote:Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Clay

Detroit, MI

#476959 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS...
2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I agree.

"Do not seek from the Lord the highest office, nor the seat of honor from the King.
Do not assert your righteousness before the Lord,
nor display your wisdom before the king.
Do not seek to become a judge,
Less you be unable to remove iniquity.
Do not offend against the public, and do not disgrace yourself among the people"

Sirach 7:4-7
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476960 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
While I am not necessarily a follower..of.. Martin Luther nor do I subscribe to all his teachings
He was a Catholic priest...that changed the LIVES for many Christians.
When he proved to THEM that "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH"...
He is not the primary subject here in this forum...
BUT THAT HE IS DESPISED BY ROMAN CATHOLICS AND THAT SOME CONSIDERED HIM A TOOL OF THE DEVIL IS VERY OBVIOUS...
THAT THEY CONSIDER THEIR CHURCH IT'S RITUALS CALISTHENICS MORE IMPORTANT THAT THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD IS ALSO EVIDENT.
Actually he tried to change the bible to read "by faith ALONE". If he preached the truth of God's Word, why do you reject so much of what he preached?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476961 Sep 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't think James contradicts Paul on justification at all as Paul to mentions 'good works';
Eph 2:8-10
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:[it is] the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, >created in Christ Jesus unto good works,< which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Is someone who has faith but not good works still saved?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 618,433
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min It aint necessari... 38,485
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 104,741
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min Brian_G 970,081
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,155
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,428
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 2 hr Sana khan 42
More from around the web