Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679123 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Detroit, MI

#476929 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>guess that you didn't understand.
there are more than Christians in Heaven.
angels for instance.
tell me where Jesus commanded any person to get Baptized. Dan couldn't maybe you can.
If you're basing that on scripture, you're going to first need to show where Christ said everything about His Ministry is in the 66 Books of your Protestant Bible. Scripture alone was never anywhere until the 16th century. Its not even found in the Bible, yet you'll keep teaching it as truth until you die.

"tell me where Jesus commanded any person to get Baptized"

How can anyone tell you anything when you've eliminated the Word of God given orally by the Apostles and opted to only use some of their writings to form some semblance of a Christianity. Its ridiculous and you know it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476930 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Go down a little....
Acts 16:33
33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then <<<<<immediatel y he and all his household were baptized.>>>>>
NO< you go up a couple verses, when the Words were spoken that they need to BELEIVE.

AND THEN THEY DID AND THEN THEY WERE BAPTISED.

you campbellites and the catholics love to bypass that word very quickly.

and I understand why, it shoots your false beliefs right out the jailers(satan) window who has you bound.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476931 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are really WRONG, Hank. you and your church know NOTHING ab out Salvation.
manay, many times, I have given my Testimony(getting Blessed) as to how I came to an altar on 8/25/82, and 36 hours, the Lord made a Covenant with me, and the Holy Ghost fell on me(john chap 7.) and 9 months and 1 day later I was Baptized.
in this Order.
Saved, Sanctifed and and baptized.
If you say that Is wrong, after the Lord was just Blessing me, I feel sorry for you when you split hell wide open.
for over 5 years or so, I have asked you to tell me of ONE person that was baptized in water before receiving the Holy Ghost and you havent.
THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS, YOUR CHURCH HAS LIED TO YOU AND YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR IT WITHOUT LOOKING IN THE BIBLE TO PROVE THEIR POS.
Um, you receive the Holy Spirit in baptism.
Clay

Detroit, MI

#476932 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR MURDEROUS SPIRIT IS EVINCING HIMSELF...
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
I see you're slinging scripture verses at people with extra vengeance today. Save your fire and brimstone crap for someone who cares. Perhaps for the gullible folk in your compound who think you're a prophet?
Jesus Christ installed a Church. Its in scripture. You wage a foolish war against this Church by manipulating their scriptures and using slander and propaganda to smear it.
Remember that stupid cult leaflet you posted last week? Confrint, that thing was filled with the most ridiculous assertions and flat out lies and you couldn't care less. You're a phony.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476933 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are really WRONG, Hank. you and your church know NOTHING ab out Salvation.
manay, many times, I have given my Testimony(getting Blessed) as to how I came to an altar on 8/25/82, and 36 hours, the Lord made a Covenant with me, and the Holy Ghost fell on me(john chap 7.) and 9 months and 1 day later I was Baptized.
in this Order.
Saved, Sanctifed and and baptized.
If you say that Is wrong, after the Lord was just Blessing me, I feel sorry for you when you split hell wide open.
for over 5 years or so, I have asked you to tell me of ONE person that was baptized in water before receiving the Holy Ghost and you havent.
THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS, YOUR CHURCH HAS LIED TO YOU AND YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR IT WITHOUT LOOKING IN THE BIBLE TO PROVE THEIR POS.
Your order is WRONG, Preston....

How can you be saved first if your sins HAVE NOT been WASHED away?

repent (you're sorry for your sins)

be baptized (wash away your sins...cleansed...free)...you have died to your sins.....

Before your baptism....you were ALIVE to your sins and DEAD in Christ Jesus.....

After your baptism.....you are ALIVE in Christ Jesus and DEAD to your sins....

I you believe that you were saved before your baptism, I pray that you will get re-baptized again for the forgiveness of your sins.

Then and only then will you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476934 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, why is such a nice guy and pretty intelligent so stupid when it comes to Salvation. I tiold you about my Spiritual experiences , now you tell us how and when you got saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.
every Christian on here can tell YOU when God Saved them, because they KNOW and it has nothing to do with their church doctrine.
while people like you and the catholics have no Testimony because NOTHING happened.
Sorry Preston....

God is a God of order.....

God speaking through the Apostle Peter:

Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

REPENT......

BE BAPTIZED....

EVERYONE OF YOU......

Baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

WHY???

For the FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS......

And you will receive WHAT???

The gift of the Holy Spirit aka the indwelling of the Holy Spirit....

God is NOT a God of confusion....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476936 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, why is such a nice guy and pretty intelligent so stupid when it comes to Salvation. I tiold you about my Spiritual experiences , now you tell us how and when you got saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.
every Christian on here can tell YOU when God Saved them, because they KNOW and it has nothing to do with their church doctrine.
while people like you and the catholics have no Testimony because NOTHING happened.
Preston....

Just because I don't put my life experiences on a forum doesn't mean I don't know when I was saved.....

This wonderful, beautiful and awesome experience is between God and myself and I knew immediately what was happening.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476937 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NO< you go up a couple verses, when the Words were spoken that they need to BELEIVE.
AND THEN THEY DID AND THEN THEY WERE BAPTISED.
you campbellites and the catholics love to bypass that word very quickly.
and I understand why, it shoots your false beliefs right out the jailers(satan) window who has you bound.
Preston,

I believe Oxbow was speaking of there was no baptism....and I was showing him where they were baptized....

If I read Oxbow's post wrong, I am sorry....

Yes, I know the words were spoken and everyone needs to hear the word.....
Human Being

Iota, LA

#476938 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You state this, as if you are sure.
How do you know this?
NASL

Faith.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476939 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said baptism was necessary.
There. I answered you, and I'm Catholic, so you can stop repeating yourself.
Thanks
What you are saying proves that these people were lied to!!!!

I repeat mah questions: Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!
Human Being

Iota, LA

#476940 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
ROMAN CATHOLICS SLANDER THEMSELVES...BY THEIR TOTAL DISREGARD TO GOD'S WORD..
IF I HATED THEM I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME...AND TAKE THE FLACK THAT THEY POUR UPON ME.
I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY BEFORE GOD TO PREACH HIS WORD TO THEM...
MY CHARGE IS...
Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
---
1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
confronting

Peace.

Hmmmm. I thought Paul was writing to Timothy, and speaking about himself.

You are taking something out of the scriptures and applying it which may or may not be true in your situation, and view of things.

Moses struck the rock twice, in frustration. I just forewarn you to be careful(that is a reproof(although I cannot do it to your face)).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476941 Sep 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying proves that these people were lied to!!!!
I repeat mah questions: Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!
Oxbow's and atems Logic Applied To Other Commands of Christ:

"Jesus commanded us to love Him and love each other as ourselves.

To whom, specifically, did He issue this command?

Even if you give me a name, they're dead now, so this command of Jesus is invalid."

Ox and atem's logic on baptism applied to Jesus' other commands.
Human Being

Iota, LA

#476942 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???
RoSesz

Peace

Don't be worried over June, I just checked. She is busy talking with herself, anti-religion bashing, on the Gay/Lesbian Forum.....

I suspect she is more involved in getting her number of opinions up, and that having to think over her answers here is holding her back(IMHO).

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476943 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Go down a little....
33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then <<<<<immediatel y he and all his household were baptized.>>>>>
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Lu 3:10; Ac 2:37; 9:6
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16,36; 6:47; 1Jo 5:10
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31

Ac 16:33 is not a parallel verse to the verses I quoted...it is not part of the answer which was given...quote:Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476944 Sep 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31
Ac 16:33 is not a parallel verse to the verses I quoted...it is not part of the answer which was given...quote:Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Why, do you think, did Paul and Silas see to it that the jailer and all his household were baptized?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476945 Sep 18, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Nice to see you back Kay, hope you're feeling better. Why must Luther's prostestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?
Luther's revelations on faith came by the Spirit. They were neither Protestant nor Catholic. They were of God, not man. They were termed 'Protestant', because the CC could not accept them. I didn't mention his 'sins'...just the racial anti-Jew one...which was taught by man.
I knew an individual who was raised in an orphanage in the early part of last century. She was 'taught' there that black people were a bit above cattle, but not really 'human'. That orphanage was neither Protestant nor Catholic...and the 'understanding' of the day 'sounded' reasonable...but it took a revelation to correct it. She had that 'revelation' eventually.
Plus..sad to say ..at Luther's,time and before JEWS were not treated well on the excuse they needed to change their belief...won't go into all that..But also the erroneous teaching that Jews killed Jesus .

Luther was a msn with faults..But he was deep in prayer as a monk..doing a Penance on his knees on some steps praying ..I believe ..when it occurred to Him what scripture actually said regarding
The punishment for sin..

How many steps ..for a,lie ..or stealing..it a bad though t ...what if you had the same sin the next day .
He was praying in the Spirit ..And found truth

Jesus blood covered all sin..he drank the cup ..took all our SIN to the Cross with Him..

The PENANCE is done by the only perfect being ...selling or giving indulgences ...Hail Mary's ..flagellation..bloody knees,.does not make up for sin..

Praying is what we do to talk WITH Our Love ...it's,not a,punishment
for sin ..imposed by a,priest ..

GOD showed us in the garden ..with the Jews ..That ONLY BLOOD SACRIFICE

washes away Sin..And only PERFECT SINLESS BLOOD of the NEW,COVENANT
covers OUR Sin.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476946 Sep 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
Don't be worried over June, I just checked. She is busy talking with herself, anti-religion bashing, on the Gay/Lesbian Forum.....
I suspect she is more involved in getting her number of opinions up, and that having to think over her answers here is holding her back(IMHO).
Thanks,Robert ...glad to hear there is still time for her to choose the path of righteousness .

It is her choice ..But the owner hired workers in the last hour in the parable ..glad to know,she still has at least that .

I headlined on the atheist forum but no one had seen her last week..

God bless you ..

It was not keeping me awake but I wAs,concerned

May the Lord bless her and make His face to shine on her and give her the Peace that passersby all understanding ..in Jesus name Amen
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476947 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus..sad to say ..at Luther's,time and before JEWS were not treated well on the excuse they needed to change their belief...won't go into all that..But also the erroneous teaching that Jews killed Jesus .
Luther was a msn with faults..But he was deep in prayer as a monk..doing a Penance on his knees on some steps praying ..I believe ..when it occurred to Him what scripture actually said regarding
The punishment for sin..
How many steps ..for a,lie ..or stealing..it a bad though t ...what if you had the same sin the next day .
Jesus blood covered all sin..he drank the cup ..took all our SIN to the Cross with Him..
The PENANCE is done by the only perfect being ...selling or giving indulgences ...Hail Mary's ..flagellation..bloody knees,.does not make up for sin..
covers OUR Sin.
....which fails to address Anthony's inquiry.

"Why must Luther's protestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?"
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476948 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The punishment for sin..
covers OUR Sin.
Luther tried like crazy to eliminate St. James' epistle from the canon because it didn't reconcile with his "new revelation" on justification. It still doesn't, and you guys just try to cover it up (like your sin) and gloss over it. At the end of his life he deeply regretted opening Pandora's box....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476949 Sep 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Oxbow....

You cannot leave out verse 33.....

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

same hour of the night....

washed their stripes.....

and was BAPTIZED.....

Do you really believe that Paul and Silas would have let them go without being baptized?

As we all know how much Paul and Silas was concerned for people's souls.....

Don't you believe that Paul and Silas wanted them to be able to obtain the spiritual blessings which are in Christ Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min Vlad 2,631
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 hr Trump Worshiper 119,201
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr earthly science f... 445,839
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,214
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 hr Trumps worshiper 33,216
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 6 hr Trumps worshiper 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Thu UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web