Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,993
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476663 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
**seems like they didn't qualify to be baptized**
He said "no one" can enter His kingdom unless baptized, and commanded the apostles to baptize "all nations".

The Pharisees and Sadducees qualified for baptism. Did you forget to edit out where He called upon them to repent?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476664 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.
Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
I believe the "make disciples, baptizing them...." part has been understood since the earliest times as baptism being the means by which we are made disciples. Just a thought.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476665 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the "make disciples, baptizing them...." part has been understood since the earliest times as baptism being the means by which we are made disciples. Just a thought.
Agreed.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476666 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
**seems like they didn't qualify to be baptized**
Chuck, why would you dismiss the testimony of the earliest Christians, some of whom were taught directly by the apostles?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476667 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He said "no one" can enter His kingdom unless baptized,
where?

Don't say John 3:5..ain't there Dan
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476668 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
where?
Don't say John 3:5..ain't there Dan
It's there.

John 3:5

New International Version (NIV)

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Do I next have to show you where it "ain't there" in Matthew 28 that He commanded the Apostles to "baptize all nations"?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476669 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but that is not the problem with a cult.
a cult will try to add or change the Word of God.
Jesus said that a person must be Born Again to be able to enter Heaven.
can you show me where He said you must be Baptised to enter into Heaven?
glad that you have dropped in, BTW. been thinking about you.
Hello Preston,

Thank you for thinking about me.

I have suffered a lot of sadness over the months.

I would appreciate your prayers for comfort.

Thanks, Preston.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476670 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's there.
John 3:5
New International Version (NIV)
5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
Do I next have to show you where it "ain't there" in Matthew 28 that He commanded the Apostles to "baptize all nations"?
sure Dan

silly catholics....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476671 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
sure Dan
silly catholics....
Yeah.

We're silly for paying any heed to that Jesus guy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476672 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then explain to us how this Baptism of the Holy Ghost as recorded in the Bible happened to me 36 hours after I was Saved.
and Water was in evidence that night.lol
John chapter 7, verses 37-39.
sorry Hank, but your knowledge of what actually occurs concerning Baptism is flawed
Hello Preston,

John 7:37-39

37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were <<<later to receive.>>> ***Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.***

later to receive....go to Acts Chapter 1 & 2....what were the apostles going to receive?

“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about".....NOT WATER BAPTISM....

It was Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.....

***Up to that time the Spirit HAD NOT been given, since Jesus HAD NOT yet been glorified.***
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476673 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is where you are getting this nonsense.
just more from your church doctrine, not FROM THE BIBLE.
Gospel Sermons That Save Souls - Church of Christ
www.padfield.com/acrobat/asher/sermons-that-s... · PDF file
... Jesus declares that there are two agents in the “new birth,” water ... This theory logically declares that man is in no way ... 2. Jesus is the Saviour of ...
Hey people don't open it up. messes up this link to the RC forum.
God's word, Preston....

What are the elements in the NEW BIRTH???

water and spirit....

1 John 5:8

8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476674 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
just silly to believe that you have the same born again experience as I because your mom and dad had you baptize.

yes silly, sad, and funny all at the sametime.

Sad.... to say baptism is in John 3:5 when it's not...truly sad how a cult can grip the human mind.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476675 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Truly sad to say Baptism is in John 3:5 when it is clearly not.

Truly said to use this verse to say we should baptize infants when baptism AGAIN is not even mentioned...14 but Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

oh yeah ...how sad how a cult can grip the human mind. congrats Dan...they got you too.

Instead of putting your faith in a church, apostles, Mary, and saints you should try Jesus Christ Himself.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476676 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
sure Dan
silly catholics....
You're saying John 3:5 isn't referring to baptism. That's your call, but are you saying it CAN'T be referring to baptism, and if so, how is it possible that all Christians thought it was for 1500 years?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476677 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
just silly to believe that you have the same born again experience as I because your mom and dad had you baptize.
Sad.... to say baptism is in John 3:5 when it's not...truly sad how a cult can grip the human mind.
Chuckie,

What does the Kingdom of God contain???

Those who have been rescued from the bondage of sin.....

So, what must we DO to free ourselves from the bondage of sin???
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476678 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
True that cults can have a grip on people. But all history says the Catholic understanding of John 3 was considered the apostolic teaching while those who rejected it were in the cults. Just want to make sure you understand that your version is the new one, not ours.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476679 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly sad to say Baptism is in John 3:5 when it is clearly not.
Truly said to use this verse to say we should baptize infants when baptism AGAIN is not even mentioned...14 but Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
oh yeah ...how sad how a cult can grip the human mind. congrats Dan...they got you too.
Instead of putting your faith in a church, apostles, Mary, and saints you should try Jesus Christ Himself.
If he believes Jesus commands baptism, how is he not putting his faith in Jesus?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#476680 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
That Faith was the root of Salvation..Not the act of obedience of the actual immersion..
Faith/Belief is necessary but so is obedience to baptism as it is a COMMAND......
Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament???
There is NO CONDEMNATION to the Children of God!
My point was in the example,the perks. Had no time to be baptized.

Some churches baptize in groups ..pray get immersed.

Others,want you to HAVE some lessons first ..

What I'm saying... it's the belief that makes,one born Again ...if he does not get the water ..I believe He is,still saved ..the BAPTISM is not salvation ..a,lot if people get baptized as baby's ..once they become adults,..they still need the belief..still need the Spirit .

For each person ..it's,different ..some never get baptized AGAIN...I imagine ..baptism of it self is,NOT salvation ..

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#476681 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said: no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
You said: Better read your bible again....
looks like to me, you can give me a name...no?
Example: Me and Preston disagree on eternal security. He can give me a name (Demas) which he believes lost his salvation.
If you are going to tell me we are condemned if we are not baptized, please give an example of someone being condemned.
So you think you can't be condemned if you aren't baptized .
So only Christians are condemned .

But those hearing about Jesus who reject Him are NOT condemned because they were never baptized?????

That makes no sense at all ..your saying heaven is,full of atheists who rejected the Lord ..

But we who embraced the,Lord and were baptized are in danger I f condemnation..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476682 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think you can't be condemned if you aren't baptized .
So only Christians are condemned .
But those hearing about Jesus who reject Him are NOT condemned because they were never baptized?????
That makes no sense at all ..your saying heaven is,full of atheists who rejected the Lord ..
But we who embraced the,Lord and were baptized are in danger I f condemnation..
Pay attention

We are condemned if we lack faith

We are not condemned if we are not baptized.

Clear or are you still confused?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 96,455
She looks great even without any makeup !! 5 min Commander Bunny 4
Is America really THE GREAT SATAN? 13 min Commander Bunny 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 262,096
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 753,757
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 37,353
Do you Think Pageants are good for teenagers (Feb '12) 1 hr Otto Von Hapsburg 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr BenAdam 602,855
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 10 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE