Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600080 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476647 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston,
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a separate baptism WITHOUT water.....came directly from God for the apostles and the House of Cornelius. Special event that only happened twice.
Today, we are baptized into Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
This is the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
then explain to us how this Baptism of the Holy Ghost as recorded in the Bible happened to me 36 hours after I was Saved.

and Water was in evidence that night.lol

John chapter 7, verses 37-39.

sorry Hank, but your knowledge of what actually occurs concerning Baptism is flawed
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476648 Sep 17, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck says....The Bible specifically says if we lack faith we are condemned.
Michael says......Born into a christian family your OK! Born into a non christian family.......too bad for you. Is that what you are saying?
you read that???

Catholic education???

Location hidden

#476649 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that He spoke directly of it and it's necessity in John 3:5, and that His commands in Matthew 28 confirm His teachings of its necessity.
LOL, you have been taught that John 3:5 is referring to being Baptized but you have been taught falsely, just as in many other Verses. your doctrine is flawed and your church has had to add their opinion to make it fit their theology,

WHILE I AND CHUCK DONT!!!!!

Location hidden

#476650 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.
Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
then if He commanded baptism, please give us ONE verse that He commands it.

Not what your church says that he says but what he actually says, for instance.

Dan(Insert any other name), go be Baptized

Location hidden

#476651 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
Jesus declares that there are two agents in the "new birth."
What are they???
here is where you are getting this nonsense.

just more from your church doctrine, not FROM THE BIBLE.

Gospel Sermons That Save Souls - Church of Christ

www.padfield.com/acrobat/asher/sermons-that-s... · PDF file

... Jesus declares that there are two agents in the “new birth,” water ... This theory logically declares that man is in no way ... 2. Jesus is the Saviour of ...

Hey people don't open it up. messes up this link to the RC forum.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476652 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you have been taught that John 3:5 is referring to being Baptized but you have been taught falsely, just as in many other Verses. your doctrine is flawed and your church has had to add their opinion to make it fit their theology,
WHILE I AND CHUCK DONT!!!!!
All I get is chuck's opinion of how I should read the passage.

Now I'm getting yours.

All I've supplied is scripture where Jesus commands baptism. That's it.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#476653 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then if He commanded baptism, please give us ONE verse that He commands it.
Not what your church says that he says but what he actually says, for instance.
Dan(Insert any other name), go be Baptized
I already did.

He commanded the Apostles to go out and baptize all nations.

I'm part of "all nations".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476654 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus commanded baptism for all nations. No qualifiers given in Matthew 28 nor John 3.
Make disciples of all nations and baptize all nations. Not "then"-"and " is what He said. Do both, no qualifiers given. No predicate act to baptism mentioned by Christ.
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

**For the last time...a disciple is a follower of Christ. Catholic church ignores Christ's words and skips this part and goes right in to baptizing.

** Twist it any way you like Dan. You were not a follower of Christ at 3 months old.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476655 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Jesus is speaking the necessity of baptism, not the necessity to undergo live birth in order to be baptized.
We believe baptism is salvific.
You believe wrong....there is no saving power in water!!!! If that were so....Christ could have stayed home!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476656 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
**For the last time...a disciple is a follower of Christ. Catholic church ignores Christ's words and skips this part and goes right in to baptizing.
** Twist it any way you like Dan. You were not a follower of Christ at 3 months old.
Who's "twisting"?

I'm taking Christ at face value, while you're insisting that I add qualifiers to His statements and commands concerning the necessity of baptism.

He didn't make any qualifying statements. None. He said "no one" can enter His kingdom unless baptized, and commanded the apostles to baptize "all nations".

No qualifiers. No exceptions.

Location hidden

#476657 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ does not tell us in John 3 that one must undergo live birth to attain Heaven.
If a person has not experienced a live birth....how can he have sin on his soul?????

Location hidden

#476658 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They were not instructed to do anything "before" baptizing them. them.
The command wasn't "X then Y". It was "X AND Y".
Then your Bible is defective or you have no reading apprehension ability....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476659 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe wrong....there is no saving power in water!!!! If that were so....Christ could have stayed home!!!!
Christ Himself dictated the matter (water in John 3:5) and form ("baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28 18:20) of baptism right before He went "home".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476660 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No qualifiers. No exceptions.
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

**seems like they didn't qualify to be baptized**
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476661 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your Bible is defective or you have no reading apprehension ability....
Using the same bible you do.

....and it's reading "comprehension".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476662 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person has not experienced a live birth....how can he have sin on his soul?????
Jesus never taught that one attains heaven by simple virtue of having been born alive. He does not do this in John 3:5.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476663 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.
He said "no one" can enter His kingdom unless baptized, and commanded the apostles to baptize "all nations".

The Pharisees and Sadducees qualified for baptism. Did you forget to edit out where He called upon them to repent?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476664 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.
Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
I believe the "make disciples, baptizing them...." part has been understood since the earliest times as baptism being the means by which we are made disciples. Just a thought.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476665 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the "make disciples, baptizing them...." part has been understood since the earliest times as baptism being the means by which we are made disciples. Just a thought.
Agreed.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#476666 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why would you dismiss the testimony of the earliest Christians, some of whom were taught directly by the apostles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min -Stray Dog 6,531
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min PELE78 865,544
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,027
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,896
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr RiccardoFire 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,424
Christianity is fading away... 2 hr Truthiness 2
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr andy 45
More from around the web