Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,237
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476618 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that and baptizing them, just like its says.
Do both.
It means to spread the Gospel so people come to the saving faith of Jesus Christ....and then and only then baptize them. A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ.

Only the catholic church would baptize someone before he/she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#476619 Sep 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch)JETHRO: Antioch the first Christian church captured by roman legions an given to the roman catholic church, converted by force into their perversion pagan/Christian falsehoods.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476620 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You cannot give me an example of one being condemned for not being baptized. Similar to the catholic church. It ain't in God's Word but you believe it.
Chuckie,

Look up all the conversion in the bible.....

Does the Bible teach that feelings are sure and certain indicators of the forgiveness of our sins?
truth

Perth, Australia

#476621 Sep 17, 2013
not even any close door

evil is evil

its perfection which is falllllllllllllllllllllllll

amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476622 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand but Jesus did not say anything about baptism in John 3:5.
Again, the Bible does not say....anywhere...we must be baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
We believe that He spoke directly of it and it's necessity in John 3:5, and that His commands in Matthew 28 confirm His teachings of its necessity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476623 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It means to spread the Gospel so people come to the saving faith of Jesus Christ....and then and only then baptize them. A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ.
Only the catholic church would baptize someone before he/she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Chuckie,

WHAT MUST WE DO?

Key word "DO"......

Do you wish your sins away?

Do you write your sins down on a piece of paper and put it in a bottle and send them out to sea?

Do you put your hands on the tv screen and your sins are forgiven?

Assurance of salvation is predicated upon what is written in God’s word.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476624 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.

Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476625 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You cannot give me an example of one being condemned for not being baptized. Similar to the catholic church. It ain't in God's Word but you believe it.
Read the whole Book of Acts...

1 John 2:3-5

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.

<Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament?>

4 Whoever says,“I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

If you say "I know him," BUT DOES NOT do what HE COMMANDS is a liar, and the truth is NOT in that person.

<Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament?>

5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him:

If anyone OBEYS HIS WORD, love of God is truly made complete in them.

<This is how we know we are IN HIM!>

<How do we become IN HIM?>

<How do we OBEY His Word?>

Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476626 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You become a disciple (a follower of Jesus Christ) when you do what???

Key word...."DO".......

God does His part.....

Man does His part.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#476627 Sep 17, 2013
they used perfectly on evil way with nice lips in nice suits very peaceful..

but nothing to do with righteousness people

they are nobody and nothing..
they are scare of themself
as they are used nice lips let down others..

never trust evil

its not yirji

its INRI

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476628 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide an example of a specific person that we know was condemned? For anything?
John 3:5 documents Jesus telling us the necessity of baptism for salvation.
Joh 3:5 has zilch to do with baptism...It speaks of the natural birth and the Spiritual birth...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476629 Sep 17, 2013
Jesus declares that there are two agents in the "new birth."

What are they???

Location hidden

#476630 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus command the Apostles to baptize.
Matthew 28
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, 20 teaching them to observe all the commandments which I have given you. And behold I am with you all through the days that are coming, until the consummation of the world.
Seemed pretty important to Jesus.
From that Scripture...tell us what they were instructed to do before baptizing them.....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476631 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.
Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

***once we are followers of Christ...baptize them.

Again...the catholic church baptizes folks before they are disciples. This is the opposite of what Jesus said in Matt 28

You keep saying "we" so I'm assume you are talking about all catholics and your church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476632 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Joh 3:5 has zilch to do with baptism...It speaks of the natural birth and the Spiritual birth...
We believe that Jesus is speaking the necessity of baptism, not the necessity to undergo live birth in order to be baptized.

We believe baptism is salvific.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476633 Sep 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> )JETHRO: Antioch the first Christian church captured by roman legions an given to the roman catholic church, converted by force into their perversion pagan/Christian falsehoods.
As I have told you (many times) before Jethro, you really need to quit reading the same old "fictitious anti-catholic history books" that are filled with heresy and "made-up stories" of imaginative
exaggerations.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476634 Sep 17, 2013
The New Testament teaches that the Holy Spirit gives us an inner–witness that we are the children of God.

Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit himself testifies <<<WITH>>> our spirit that we ARE God’s children.

TWO SPIRITS.....

Can you see the two spirits testifying???

Location hidden

#476635 Sep 17, 2013
Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying,‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8 (NIV)

Notice that after Jesus says that we must be born of "water and the Spirit", he immediately contrasts flesh and Spirit. In the context, Jesus is answering Nicodemus's concern that he must be born "again". In one sentence, he mentions two births: water and Spirit. And in the next sentence, he again mentions two births: flesh and Spirit. The most natural interpretation is that flesh and water are referring to the same birth.

In addition, notice that Jesus says "So it is with everyone born of the Spirit". If he were intending to say that everyone must be born of flesh, water (baptism), and Spirit, then it seems that he would have said "So it is with everyone born of water and of Spirit". Water is painted here as the already accomplished (physical) birth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476636 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
physical birth.....

spiritual birth.....

Jesus is speaking of a spiritual birth.....

John 3:5

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

ONE BIRTH......

TWO ELEMENTS....water and the Spirit.....

"What’s wrong is that the dirt (SIN) is on the inside!”

Heart and conscious needs to be cleaned.....

How do we obtain a clean and clear heart and conscious???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476637 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
***once we are followers of Christ...baptize them.
Again...the catholic church baptizes folks before they are disciples. This is the opposite of what Jesus said in Matt 28
You keep saying "we" so I'm assume you are talking about all catholics and your church.
Jesus commanded baptism for all nations. No qualifiers given in Matthew 28 nor John 3.

Make disciples of all nations and baptize all nations. Not "then"-"and " is what He said. Do both, no qualifiers given. No predicate act to baptism mentioned by Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 749,849
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul really is dead 2,911
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 11 min Kid_Tomorrow 131
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min bacon hater 96,065
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 43 min bacon hater 37,246
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Pegasus the Patriot 261,601
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Dave Nelson 229,858
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 1 hr ffort 116
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 11 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE