Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,594
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#476627 Sep 17, 2013
they used perfectly on evil way with nice lips in nice suits very peaceful..

but nothing to do with righteousness people

they are nobody and nothing..
they are scare of themself
as they are used nice lips let down others..

never trust evil

its not yirji

its INRI

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476628 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide an example of a specific person that we know was condemned? For anything?
John 3:5 documents Jesus telling us the necessity of baptism for salvation.
Joh 3:5 has zilch to do with baptism...It speaks of the natural birth and the Spiritual birth...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476629 Sep 17, 2013
Jesus declares that there are two agents in the "new birth."

What are they???

Location hidden

#476630 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus command the Apostles to baptize.
Matthew 28
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, 20 teaching them to observe all the commandments which I have given you. And behold I am with you all through the days that are coming, until the consummation of the world.
Seemed pretty important to Jesus.
From that Scripture...tell us what they were instructed to do before baptizing them.....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476631 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.
Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

***once we are followers of Christ...baptize them.

Again...the catholic church baptizes folks before they are disciples. This is the opposite of what Jesus said in Matt 28

You keep saying "we" so I'm assume you are talking about all catholics and your church.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476632 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Joh 3:5 has zilch to do with baptism...It speaks of the natural birth and the Spiritual birth...
We believe that Jesus is speaking the necessity of baptism, not the necessity to undergo live birth in order to be baptized.

We believe baptism is salvific.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476633 Sep 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> )JETHRO: Antioch the first Christian church captured by roman legions an given to the roman catholic church, converted by force into their perversion pagan/Christian falsehoods.
As I have told you (many times) before Jethro, you really need to quit reading the same old "fictitious anti-catholic history books" that are filled with heresy and "made-up stories" of imaginative
exaggerations.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476634 Sep 17, 2013
The New Testament teaches that the Holy Spirit gives us an inner–witness that we are the children of God.

Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit himself testifies <<<WITH>>> our spirit that we ARE God’s children.

TWO SPIRITS.....

Can you see the two spirits testifying???

Location hidden

#476635 Sep 17, 2013
Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying,‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8 (NIV)

Notice that after Jesus says that we must be born of "water and the Spirit", he immediately contrasts flesh and Spirit. In the context, Jesus is answering Nicodemus's concern that he must be born "again". In one sentence, he mentions two births: water and Spirit. And in the next sentence, he again mentions two births: flesh and Spirit. The most natural interpretation is that flesh and water are referring to the same birth.

In addition, notice that Jesus says "So it is with everyone born of the Spirit". If he were intending to say that everyone must be born of flesh, water (baptism), and Spirit, then it seems that he would have said "So it is with everyone born of water and of Spirit". Water is painted here as the already accomplished (physical) birth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476636 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
physical birth.....

spiritual birth.....

Jesus is speaking of a spiritual birth.....

John 3:5

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

ONE BIRTH......

TWO ELEMENTS....water and the Spirit.....

"What’s wrong is that the dirt (SIN) is on the inside!”

Heart and conscious needs to be cleaned.....

How do we obtain a clean and clear heart and conscious???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476637 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples((((these are followers of Christ)))) of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Again...the catholic church baptizes folks before they are disciples. This is the opposite of what Jesus said in Matt 28
You keep saying "we" so I'm assume you are talking about all catholics and your church.
Jesus commanded baptism for all nations. No qualifiers given in Matthew 28 nor John 3.

Make disciples of all nations and baptize all nations. Not "then"-"and " is what He said. Do both, no qualifiers given. No predicate act to baptism mentioned by Christ.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476638 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying,‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8 (NIV)
Notice that after Jesus says that we must be born of "water and the Spirit", he immediately contrasts flesh and Spirit. In the context, Jesus is answering Nicodemus's concern that he must be born "again". In one sentence, he mentions two births: water and Spirit. And in the next sentence, he again mentions two births: flesh and Spirit. The most natural interpretation is that flesh and water are referring to the same birth.
In addition, notice that Jesus says "So it is with everyone born of the Spirit". If he were intending to say that everyone must be born of flesh, water (baptism), and Spirit, then it seems that he would have said "So it is with everyone born of water and of Spirit". Water is painted here as the already accomplished (physical) birth.
Christ does not tell us in John 3 that one must undergo live birth to attain Heaven.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476639 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
From that Scripture...tell us what they were instructed to do before baptizing them.....
Nicodemus should have known of the necessity of the New Birth since the Book of Ezekiel speaks of the need of God’s people to have a new heart.

Ezekiel 18:31

31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses (SINS) you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

GET A NEW HEART AND A NEW SPIRIT......

Nicodemus was still ignorant of his need of the NEW BIRTH.

SIN is an act committed by the INDIVIDUAL......
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476640 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They were not instructed to do anything "before" baptizing them. them.

The command wasn't "X then Y". It was "X AND Y".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476641 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Wrong.....

One baptism....

One birth....NEW BIRTH....

Two elements......WATER and SPIRIT....

Jesus was essentially saying that possessing only a physical, earthly birth wasn’t sufficient for one to enter God’s kingdom.

2 Peter 1:4

4 Through these he has given us his very GREAT and PRECIOUS PROMISES, so that <<<<<through them you may participate in the divine nature,>>> having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires (SINS.)

What is Peter saying???

Peter tells us that when a person experiences the NEW BIRTH,(SPIRITUAL) they become ".....partakers of the divine nature...”

How can we become "partakers of the DIVINE NATURE" if we are still in our SINS and have not gone through our NEW BIRTH???

"Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people."
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476642 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your method here, I could reply by telling you that the disciples are made so by the baptism. i.e. "make disciples of all nations by baptizing them".
truth

Perth, Australia

#476643 Sep 17, 2013
how many heaven deceivers and possessors have

its written
don't lift up your spirit in vain where evil stay

why

its going fall
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476644 Sep 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Old JG WROTE
Being born of water represents the natural birth of every human being who ever walked this earth. But Jesus told Nicodemus that his natural birth was not sufficient to enter the kingdom. Every person has been born of water. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. However, to be born of the Spirit represents a Super-Natural birth. Thus the expression "born again".
I agree with you...
AS FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLICS
Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
JESUS SAID
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Being Born again is submitting one's self to the righteousness of God,...
When the Father draws him UNTO HIMSELF.
When he (by the Holy Spirit) receives a revelation that he is a sinner...and is convicted of his sins.
.AND
THE PERSON RESPONDS BY CONFESSING HIS SINS...ASKING FORGIVENESS FOR HIS SINS.
AND REPENTING..WHICH IS TURNING AWAY FORM THEM.
NOTE
2Co_7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation ....
A BABY...BEING BAPTIZED... CANNOT EXPERIENCE GODLY SORRY FOR IT'S SINS...
BECAUSE It has not committed any sins to be sorry for...or to repent of.
BAPTISM DEFINED IN GREEK
G907
&#946;&#945;&#960; &#964;&#953;&#769; &#950;&#969;
baptizo&#772;
bap-tid'-zo
From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:- baptist, baptize, wash.
---
You bible only "fundies" keep (throwing around) one personal opinion after the other regarding what it means to be "born again" along with every other "theological term" that has ALREADY BEEN DEFINED for over 2000 years by Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church........ The Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397 formed the Canon of Scriptures and defined and interpreted EVERYTHING that was ever written in the bible in and through Our Lords One True Universal (Catholic) Church). You Protestant "fundies" have been "burger flipping" bible verses since the Reformation seeking (your own) Relative TRUTH.... EACH of you 42,000 contradicting bible only fundamentalist,(day after day) continue to (appoint yourselves) as the new 21st century enlughtened ministers and preachers who "supposedly" (have all the answers) when in fact the vast majority of you have "zero authenticity", "zero credence" and "zero credibility"!!! The TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible has been proven, verified and authenticated for over 2000 years,(and has not changed) in and through Our Lord Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. You "fundies" need to (put aside) your anti-catholic pride, ego and self importance and begin to explore the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible by reading the Catholic Catechism and quit rowing "around in circles" in your bible only row boat of contradiction, inconsistency, confusion and chaos. The TRUTH of the bible has, is and will ALWAYS REMAIN in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476645 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible specifically says if we lack faith we are condemned. It does not say we are condemned if we aren't baptized.
Faith is necessary for salvation...baptism is not. If it is, point me to the passage.
Chuck says....The Bible specifically says if we lack faith we are condemned.

Michael says......Born into a christian family your OK! Born into a non christian family.......too bad for you. Is that what you are saying?

No wonder our world is full of ignorance and hatred towards others who are not just like you.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476646 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.....
One baptism....
One birth....NEW BIRTH....
Two elements......WATER and SPIRIT....
Jesus was essentially saying that possessing only a physical, earthly birth wasn’t sufficient for one to enter God’s kingdom.
2 Peter 1:4
4 Through these he has given us his very GREAT and PRECIOUS PROMISES, so that <<<<<through them you may participate in the divine nature,>>> having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires (SINS.)
What is Peter saying???
Peter tells us that when a person experiences the NEW BIRTH,(SPIRITUAL) they become ".....partakers of the divine nature...”
How can we become "partakers of the DIVINE NATURE" if we are still in our SINS and have not gone through our NEW BIRTH???
"Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people."
For the person who disagrees with me....

Ephesians 4:4-6

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

5 <<<<<one Lord, one faith, one baptism;>>>>>

***one Lord.....Jesus Christ***

***one faith....a rock solid belief....in our Lord, Jesus Christ***

***one baptism....baptism INTO the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ***

6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and IN all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,518
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 96,745
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 5,110
Couch Potato Alert 8 min ptyu 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 265,167
Moses never existed 19 min KiMare 760
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 19 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,458
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min duststorm 441,783
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Chris Clearwater 175,669
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr YTubeHeadlines 605,035