Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646451 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Detroit, MI

#476863 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
MARTIN LUTHER WAS EVIDENTLY CALLED OF GOD OUT OF THE RANKS OF THE ROMAN
CATHOLIC CHURCH TO BRING REVIVAL FROM IT'S BACKSLIDDEN
CONDITION...
BUT JUST AS JESUS SAID TO THE JEWS OF HIS DAY...
Mat_23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat_23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
THE INNOCENT BLOOD OF THE THOUSANDS.... THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE MURDERED IN THE CRUSADES AND THE IQUISITION...
CRY OUT
FROM THE EARTH
AS THE BLOOD OF ABEL DID..IN THE DAY THAT CAIN MURDERED HIM.
Gen 4:10 And he/GOD said, What hast thou done?
the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
TODAY ....THOSE THAT CLAIM KINDRED IN SPIRIT....TO THOSE MURDERS...
STILL ACCUSE THE DESCENDENTS OF THEM THAT THEY HAVE SLAIN, AND CALL
THEM HERETICS.
THE SAME MURDEROUS SPIRIT STILL ABIDES IN THEM.
You know so little about Martin Luther. All he did was introduce a couple false teachings from the pits of hell. The fruits of faith alone and Bible alone are evident today, as every protester sect is marrying men with men and woman with woman. They believe its all good, because like you, they think Jesus Christ willed for them to figure out His Ministry by privately interpreting some of the Apostles writings.
Its ridiculous to subscribe to sola scripture. Obviously, if you were willing to take off your blind fold, you could see the doctrinal disaster you and every self proclaimed minister has created with this false teaching.
Pope Francis is in charge with governing the Lords Church until He returns. No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture and sacred tradition. They simply can't. That is reason enough for a fundie to consider leaving their sect for the only Church started by Jesus Christ.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476864 Sep 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
Repent, Repented, Repenting, Repentance....Some are actions, some are states of being with attributes.
If one is not in a state of repentance, then one will not be born again. Instead, they will be subject to the world, and continue in it.
You state this, as if you are sure.

How do you know this?

Albuquerque, NM

#476865 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Fundamentalists often criticize the Catholic Church’s practice of baptizing infants. According to them, baptism is for adults and older children, because it is to be administered only after one has undergone a "born again" experience—that is, after one has "accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior." At the instant of acceptance, when he is "born again," the adult becomes a Christian, and his salvation is assured forever. Baptism follows, though it has no actual salvific value. In fact, one who dies before being baptized, but after "being saved," goes to heaven anyway.
As Fundamentalists see it, baptism is not a sacrament (in the true sense of the word), but an ordinance. It does not in any way convey the grace it symbolizes; rather, it is merely a public manifestation of the person’s conversion. Since only an adult or older child can be converted, baptism is inappropriate for infants or for children who have not yet reached the age of reason (generally considered to be age seven). Most Fundamentalists say that during the years before they reach the age of reason infants and young children are automatically saved. Only once a person reaches the age of reason does he need to "accept Jesus" in order to reach heaven.
Since the New Testament era, the Catholic Church has always understood baptism differently, teaching that it is a sacrament which accomplishes several things, the first of which is the remission of sin, both original sin and actual sin—only original sin in the case of infants and young children, since they are incapable of actual sin; and both original and actual sin in the case of older persons.
Peter explained what happens at baptism when he said, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). But he did not restrict this teaching to adults. He added, "For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him" (2:39). We also read: "Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name" (Acts 22:16). These commands are universal, not restricted to adults. Further, these commands make clear the necessary connection between baptism and salvation, a
connection explicitly stated in 1 Peter 3:21: "Baptism ... now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/infant-baptism
All of this goes by the wayside, because Pope Francis's assertion that one not be "Christian" in order to go to heaven.

Looks like the Catechism needs to be rewritten.

*shrugs*

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476866 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts Chapter 2 for apostles and those assembled at Pentecost) came before anybody started preaching.
Why?
THE WORDS OF JESUS..

CONCERNING THE HOLY GHOST IS

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:

but ye know him;

-->for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. <--

Albuquerque, NM

#476867 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief AND baptism.
Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
One out of two isn't two bad for so-called "Christians".

That is 50%.

You shold practice more on believing Jesus.

#476868 Sep 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know so little about Martin Luther. All he did was introduce a couple false teachings from the pits of hell. The fruits of faith alone and Bible alone are evident today, as every protester sect is marrying men with men and woman with woman. They believe its all good, because like you, they think Jesus Christ willed for them to figure out His Ministry by privately interpreting some of the Apostles writings.
Its ridiculous to subscribe to sola scripture. Obviously, if you were willing to take off your blind fold, you could see the doctrinal disaster you and every self proclaimed minister has created with this false teaching.
Pope Francis is in charge with governing the Lords Church until He returns. No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture and sacred tradition. They simply can't. That is reason enough for a fundie to consider leaving their sect for the only Church started by Jesus Christ.
~~~

YOUR MURDEROUS SPIRIT IS EVINCING HIMSELF...

1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
truth

Perth, Australia

#476869 Sep 18, 2013
if you need shout you can do that
but pray not give up
it is many evil spirit
which going out ruin many persons as well many family

o don't be afraid tell them who ever they are

but pray
o don't worry what they going tell about you

pray its going reviel you
who is been on Cross

-there is a no love
-there is a no Mercy
- there is a no Law
- there is a suffering

my sorrow is your sorrow
my tears is your tears

one night after prayers
its took me
where in church
i see what i have to see
large huge door become open by themself
i remember i find myself front of Altar on right hand
i see my head..
i stop i looking
but i don't see nothing except white Altar
on Altar nothing stay no
but i fill what i have to fill
automatic something pool me after Altar
then i appear in White dress
pure white dress..

Albuquerque, NM

#476870 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said Catholics are the only ones who receive grace.
True, but you had to question another, which implied you didn't believe that they have this grace.

You do believe that anyone can receive this grace, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#476871 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.'
The making of disciples incudes baptism.
Since you don't believe everything you read that Jesus stated, why accept this?

Albuquerque, NM

#476872 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
Does saving faith include obedience???
Faith and baptism are required.....
Nah - just requires a person to understand his/her actions - Self.

Since "faith" is a feeling generated by a human mind, "saving grace" is also an action the mind would perform.

You don't know much about the human mind and how it operates, huh?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476873 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
So, when should we expect you to recant your (by now) hundreds of posts slandering Catholics?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476874 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THE WORDS OF JESUS..
CONCERNING THE HOLY GHOST IS
Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him;
-->for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. <--
Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost....NO one had any control over this baptism.....

Believe....how could anyone have anything to believe as NOTHING had been preached.....

There had been NO spoken word whatsoever....

Baptism of the Holy Spirit happened WITHOUT a word being preached....there was NOTHING to "believe in."
truth

Perth, Australia

#476875 Sep 18, 2013
o don't worry what they say about you
yes in suffering you can shouting as well pray and cry
but don't be afraid tell them who ever they are

its mean god make you already as free personality
but remember
still exist many deference spirit which try ruin every person as well many family

but its going revile you about Cross

and much more

one night i go sleep as early then usual

i find myself upon fire huge ball as Sun

i did not fill hot
not even burn
i am as i am as i know i stay in Power of Mercy

n

Albuquerque, NM

#476876 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think they start with St. Paul and and try to figure out a way to work what Jesus said into the context of St. Paul's epistles. What a strange way to approach the bible.
Odd - Catholics have been doing this for years, and you are now just realizing this occurs with non-Catholics?

Albuquerque, NM

#476877 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I should be thankful for your concern Preston, yet after all these years I still don't know why you think you know better than the men who heard the apostles preaching with their own ears. I find that amazing. It's certainly not something you'd find in the Catholic Church.
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?

Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??

Albuquerque, NM

#476878 Sep 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not, we are rebirthed not washed. A new heart a new spirit, not washed ones.
(47) Jesus says:

(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476879 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN BAPTISMS, WHICH EVIDENTLY YOU DON'T..
JOHN THE BAPTIST ...WHICH BAPTIZED JESUS
SAID..
Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with ---> water<---unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the ==>Holy Ghost, and with fire:<==
ONE IS WITH -->WATER<--...
G5204
&#965;&#788;&#769; &#948;&#969;&#961; , &#965;&#788;&#769; &#948;&#945;&#964; &#959;&#962;
hudo&#772;r hudatos
hoo'-dor, hoo'-dat-os, etc.
From the base of G5205; water (as if rainy) literally or figuratively:- water.
THE OTHER IS WITH (==>Holy Ghost, and with fire:<==
==>FIRE<==,,,
G4442
&#960;&#965;&#834; &#961;
pur
poor
A primary word; “fire”(literally or figuratively, specifically lightning):- fiery, fire.
This explanation should not be to hard for you to comprehend..
A burnt child has no problem knowing the difference in FIRE AND WATER.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit was under God's control....NO WATER....happened to a group of people with WITNESSES

and what else?

(POWER)... miraculous signs and wonders to magnify God giving Him the Praise and Glory....the truth and confirm the truth of what was going to be preached.

....happened twice and in both instances BEFORE any preaching had been done.

Jesus' baptism today (COMMANDED)(WITH WATER) as we are baptized into Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection for the forgiveness of our sins....then we receive the Holy Spirit.....we do not receive the power that they received at Pentecost....

Albuquerque, NM

#476880 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, water by itself does nothing.
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Why do Catholics think a few words changes how a person acts or lives?

The actions that require one to think, live, act upon are all done by them doing the action.

Self.

Yet you believe water and words makes a person "a disciple".

You are very far from any truth to that.

#476881 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when should we expect you to recant your (by now) hundreds of posts slandering Catholics?
ROMAN CATHOLICS SLANDER THEMSELVES...BY THEIR TOTAL DISREGARD TO GOD'S WORD..

IF I HATED THEM I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME...AND TAKE THE FLACK THAT THEY POUR UPON ME.

I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY BEFORE GOD TO PREACH HIS WORD TO THEM...

MY CHARGE IS...

Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

---

1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#476882 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I/we as Catholics will leave the "hating of his brother" to you Confrinting. You have been the "trumpet section" (ever since you came on this forum) for All of the bible only Protestant preachers who sings, speaks, yells and condemns the loudest against the faith and Salvation of ANY and ALL Catholics, especially against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church..... Your "bible verse quoting" has (zero credibility) because of your vengeance, animosity, vindictivenss and hatred for your other brothers and sisters in Christ!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 48,303
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 12 min Gravywizard54 30
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,021
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 25 min Rickster 11,532
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min Freebird USA 182,639
Incest 1 hr DebraE 8
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 44,652
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web