Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,395
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#476515 Sep 16, 2013
if it is not loveingly applied....

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#476517 Sep 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You were already shown why too. Links and all... Sounds like you are set on believing what you wish anyway. I just pointed out that the fundies Harlot and Whore label gets a little more absurd when the Church itself has never been called Roman in the context you all want. The title doesn't describe the Church itself and never has. Protestants use it out of context to create an image about us that better fits their ideology.
I know what you say ..it's,z to the Catholic church saying it's the,only true Church ..no matter what you now,Call yourself .

Did you ever bother to read the Catechism I linked to ..the one I learned from...
http://catecheticsonline.com/...

Question 133. Exactly how,I memorized it ..the rest too about creation..

Do they just convince you that only what you learn NOW ever existed ..

No wonder you don't believe history .

I really do not CARE about names..You can cal k your Church what you like ...

..what I resent is,rewriting what I KNOW,existed ..And telling me,I am wrong in what I know,was there ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476518 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5 Jesus answered,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Born again....

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is <<<<<born of God,>>>>> and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ.

He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

For there are three that testify:

the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476519 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the negative icons.
John 3:5 Jesus is not talking about baptism because:
1 - why didn't Jesus just say you have to be baptized
2 - no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
3 - the thief on the cross wasn't baptized and if you say he was under the Old Covenant then so was Nicodemus, so why would Jesus tell him he had to be baptized.
4 - Nicodemus was a teacher of Israel and didn't understand Jesus was speaking of the promise to Israel in Ezekiel 36:25
John 3:5 Jesus is not talking about physical birth because:
1 - Nicodemus was probably in his 60's made 70's, he already accomplished being born physically.
Nicodemus was thinking of a physical birth....

Jesus was speaking of a spiritual birth....

Spiritual....

Spiritual....

Spiritual birth to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476520 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
3 - the thief on the cross wasn't baptized and if you say he was under the Old Covenant then so was Nicodemus, so why would Jesus tell him he had to be baptized.
4 - Nicodemus was a teacher of Israel and didn't understand Jesus was speaking of the promise to Israel in Ezekiel 36:25
1 - Nicodemus was probably in his 60's made 70's, he already accomplished being born physically.
You wrote:

no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized

Better read your bible again....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476521 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:

the thief on the cross wasn't baptized and if you say he was under the Old Covenant then so was Nicodemus, so why would Jesus tell him he had to be baptized.

We are baptized INTO His death, burial, and resurrection....

How can the thief on the cross or Nicodemus be buried INTO His death, burial and resurrection, if Christ hadn't died on the cross yet???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476522 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection."

"planted and raised in the likeness of the resurrection of Christ."

having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476523 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
Better read your bible again....
Give me the name.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476524 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
the thief on the cross wasn't baptized and if you say he was under the Old Covenant then so was Nicodemus, so why would Jesus tell him he had to be baptized.
How can the thief on the cross or Nicodemus be buried INTO His death, burial and resurrection, if Christ hadn't died on the cross yet???
Irrelevant.

Jesus said nothing about baptism in John 3:5

Baptism for the Christian does represent death, burial, and resurrection.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476525 Sep 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Hi Pad.
"Understanding our ability to do evil and good is part of that KNOWING of self. Do you agree?"
Yep. Since we get to learn what good and evil is, so we also must learn how to act and be [Self] when these two paths are tobe found in front of us.
One chooses the path - not "God" or "Satan", but the person.
We look within to find our own faults. Jesus taught this and also teaches that we are also the ones that can overcome these difficulties, so they can become successes.
IMO - we can learn about the evils of the world, but it doesn't necessary mean we take action on them, but more precisely, we try to avoid them. In other words, we know it is not right to rob a bank, so we don't - we avoid "sin".
But we also know that it is good to help a child ride a bike - because the child knows it is something they like to do. We avoid what here? In a way, not helping the child will cause the child to be sad and discontent because they don't get to ride. We would avoid those moments, as well as, avoiding the thoughts that we didn't help, when we knew we could.
I know it wasn't the greatest comparison, but I think you understand what I am trying to say.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Good examples, why do you put parenthesis around sin?
"Sin", as it seems to so-called "Christians" is used for so many "bad" things - I figured it captures them all - from the smallest lie to the biggest murder. "Sin" - IMO - is just a bullshite excuse for people, so they can tell another person what they did wrong.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I read what was available to the internet concerning the Gospel of Thomas, Nag Hammadi Press.
Is that the full text?
As far as I know - 114 sayings.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Not that Thomas needed to write the same as the other 4 Apostles who wrote:Matthew,Mark,Luke and John, did Thomas write any narrative as to the life of Jesus at all,or just those statements of what Jesus said?
Not that I know of. Then again, I'm not too sure that Thomas has ever been investigated enough to know exactly what he wrote and what he didn't. Like all similar texts, the author is unknown, and its attributation is that to capture the reader - just like the NT.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I find that within what was written,most of what Thomas wrote fits in with the 4 Gospels of the New Testament. Supposedly he(Thomas) quotes Jesus randomly,before His crucifixion and after,kind of thrown together.The style of how it is written is not impressive,than again we do not know what circumstances Thomas(?) was writing under.
Your opinion is just that, huh - yours. "Not impressive" - I disagree. I personally think they are more valuable to oneself than that of the NT gospels, as it directly states the issues that Jesus promoted -(my opinion) "to be one with God, one must understand themselves first".
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I did not copy most of those statements of Jesus,as they resemble almost for Word the same in the 4 Gospels,however I separated the ones that I find of course most controversial.
You are correct, many of the sayings can be found in Luke for comparison.

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#476526 Sep 16, 2013
<<continud to Pad>>
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Number 98 for starters: Jesus said."The Kingdom of the Father is like a person who wanted to kill a powerful person. He drew the sword and his hourse(and) stabbed it into the wall to test whether his hand would be strong (enough), then he killed the powerful one.
A statement like this requires some understanding as to what Jesus was supposedly talking about here?
If you notice the comparison is the "kingdom of the Father" and a person's "will" to kill another - not the actually killing. Jesus was just using the extreme energy a person puts forth to describe the 'power' of said kingdom.
Do you have what it needs to conquer life in order to be part of this kingdom? Can you actually separate the Spirit from the physical?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Was He referring to the powerful one as Satan,and the sword did it represent the Word?
No.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>If NOT,than just what could possibly be holy and sacred about the kingdom of Father in a man taking a sword and killing a powerful person?
See above.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Surely NASL you have read that,and must have some interpretation for such? Continued:
I tried to give you my best view upon the saying.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476527 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly

So why would Jesus tell Nicodemus he had to be baptized?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476529 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
Jesus said nothing about baptism in John 3:5
Baptism for the Christian does represent death, burial, and resurrection.
What do you think the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476531 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
Nicodemus was not ready yet to believe in Jesus.

"You are Israel’s teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?

I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

Nicodemus was letting his earthly language get in the way of the Heavenly meaning.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476532 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the name.
Think about it Chuckie....

If you still are under the bondage of sin....YOU ARE CONDEMNED.....

What condemns you??? YOUR SIN....

What is the purpose of baptism???

Albuquerque, NM

#476533 Sep 16, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>New Age Spiritual Leader. continued the most controversial statements Jesus supposedly made in the Gospel of Thomas.
Not really....this is only conjecture spoken by those who decided not to try to understand his parables.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>100 I wonder why Thomas missed the most important point of the fact that Jesus brought to the attention of those questioning Him,(the inscription or image of Caesar)? That is what defined the greatest point of stressing what belonged to Caesar.
(100)
(1) They showed Jesus a gold coin and said to him: "Caesar’s people demand taxes from us."
(2) He said to them: "Give Caesar (the things) that are Caesar’s.
(3) Give God (the things) that are God’s.
(4) And what is mine give me."
- Jesus pointed out that the physical (money) belongs to this world. But also expressed that which does not belong to Caeser - one's Spirit.
He could also be expressing that "what is mine" is the actually 'understanding of the Spirit' and the attention needed to be applied, in which he was asking his disciples to do the same.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>105 "Whoever will come to k n o w father and mother,he will be called son of a whore." Is that referring to incest? What a horrible statement! it escapes any real intellectual foundation,as theere is nothing said before or afterwards to make that statement believable. Jesus promoted the Commandment of the LORD that we are to honor our father and mother.Is there something we are missing in 105? You are the interpreter!
I'm not an intrepreter, as I am like you - I do not know the environment that this and the other texts were written in. And my opinion is really just that. But like all of these biblical texts, one cannot come to a "pure" conclusion of the truth, as there aren't any contemporary essays - WITTEN DURING THE SAME TIME - to justify any of the texts are what they mean.
(105) Jesus says:
"Whoever will come to know father and mother, he will be called son of a whore."
- Very pronounced, huh. If you come to "know" your mother and father - this could be related to incest - I can see how that could be the case. Maybe he was talking about this. IMO - as he had stated other things concerning the "mother and father", it probably just reinforces the commandment to "know God" instead of your mother and father - as your mother and father are just humans just like you - of this physical world. When one moves past the physical and into the spiritual, one can't really "know" their parents, but attempt to be in contact with our Father, to know Him.
We only have one Father that we should call "Father".
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>110 "The one who has found the world(and) has become wealthy should renounce the world." "Whoever has found himself, of him the world is not worthy."
Not that the statement is not right,but that again a person finding him or her self the world is not worthy.You need to explain what this finding of oneself is that is unique to your beliefs,that we supposedly miss NASL.You use that as a dig of our lack of understanding.
Correct - if "one finds him/herself", this world is not worthy of their Spirit, but "God's kindgom" is, because it supposedly originated from that world.
It really isn't that difficult to understand, as long as you don't keep putting what men had decided for you to believe as the first choice. This is where men take a detour.

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#476534 Sep 16, 2013
<<continued to Pad>>
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>114 Simon Peter said to them: "Let M a r y go away from us,for women are not worthy of life."
Jesus said,"Look, I will draw her in so as to make her male,so that she too may become a living male spirit, similar to you."
"But I say to you,'Every woman who makes herself m a l e will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
(114)
(1) Simon Peter said to them: "Let Mary go away from us, for women are not worthy of life."
(2) Jesus said: "Look, I will draw her in so as to make her male,
so that she too may become a living male spirit, similar to you."
(3)(But I say to you): "Every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."
Jesus is speaking again, of the Spirit.
Our physical appearance really has nothing to do with the "God's kingdom" as we will be "all anew" in that world.
You don't have anything against women joining men on this journey?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Again there are no verses of what Jesus said before or after this statement to clarify what is being said here.
True - it puts the burden upon us to understand. "To know yourself."
But if one applies these sayings to one's Self and how they are envisioned within us, you will then understand the clarity better which Jesus promotes.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is joking with Simon Peter here,that He will make Mary male just to please the Apostles?
Kind of mocking Simon Peter for instance,as to the degrading remark Peter makes against Mary of Magdella.
No he wasn't. Jesus uses another parable to express the Spirit. Nothing more.
But for those like you, who have been told not to study these sayings, I can understand how you come up with these conclusions.
One must separate themselves from the religious hoopla and extract teh finer points.
In other words - don't believe everything you read as true.
Pad wrote:
</quoted text>Otherwise,JESUS being the Creator with the Father and the Holy Spirit,knows woman,the female,and He made H E R good,and a help meet to the Man,the male.
Jesus was not the "Creator". This is your first error in your theology. He never called himself such -- only men have.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe Jesus would expect that a woman should think like a man to make sure she is fit for the kingdom of Heaven.Jesus made that clear"There is neither Jew,nor Greek(Gentile),neither male or female,bond or free with God,but all are ONE in Christ."
Utilizing "Paul" to express what Jesus stated is fine to do with your Galatians reference, but it still resides within the same context Jesus spoke of.
All humans supposedly have a Spirit.
"All are one in Christ" is just a "hope" "Paul" had, but still follows along with Jesus' teachings.
We are all in one - with Spirit - in Christ. Well, that is, if you believe that the Spirit exists.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Since I do not understand the statements I quoted here in the way you must,I expect that if you are concerned for my soul,that you will define what those strange statements mean.
I am not concerned with your soul. Whatever gave you that idea? IMO - I am concerned that the RCC teaches people a false dogma and sicne I think I have learned what these texts represent, it solidifies my thinking.
Again - we each have a path to follow - different from every other person. How we apply ourselves [Self]- dictates that path.
No "God", Jesus or religion is involved - UNLESS one allows it to occur.
BTW - what may be "strange" to you, can be "normal" or "oridnary" to others. Don't be so shallow.
Interpretation is perception.
Perception is Self.
Good questions Pad.
Peace and light!

Albuquerque, NM

#476535 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection."
"planted and raised in the likeness of the resurrection of Christ."
having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
I disagree.

A more accurate depiction would be:

- we die as humans, but will be raised as Spirit.
- the same as it was with Jesus.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476536 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
Later, did Nicodemus understand what Jesus was telling him about being born again???

John 19:38-42

38 Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders. With Pilate’s permission, he came and took the body away.

39 <<<<<He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.>>>>>

40 Taking Jesus’ body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs.

41 At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid.

42 Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.

Nicodemus has taken a bold step.

Step of faith.....to show that he is a follower of this same man that he had visited with earlier.

He had come with questions.

What do you think he left with????

Location hidden

#476537 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
come on Hank, YOU KNOW that Jesus died BEFORE the other two malefactors.

it isn't right because of what your church teaches to deny what actually happened.

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.

33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Rick in Kansas 265,104
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 775,031
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 11 min Miley 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Peace_Warrior 604,991
End of the word game. (Dec '08) 45 min DesCant 1,401
GALAXY 'mega' logo on back of phone ALL WRONG 47 min Doctor REALITY 4
Gay snapchat names 1 hr Joey 147
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 175,608
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web