Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658723 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476678 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
just silly to believe that you have the same born again experience as I because your mom and dad had you baptize.
yes silly, sad, and funny all at the sametime.
Sad.... to say baptism is in John 3:5 when it's not...truly sad how a cult can grip the human mind.
True that cults can have a grip on people. But all history says the Catholic understanding of John 3 was considered the apostolic teaching while those who rejected it were in the cults. Just want to make sure you understand that your version is the new one, not ours.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476679 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly sad to say Baptism is in John 3:5 when it is clearly not.
Truly said to use this verse to say we should baptize infants when baptism AGAIN is not even mentioned...14 but Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
oh yeah ...how sad how a cult can grip the human mind. congrats Dan...they got you too.
Instead of putting your faith in a church, apostles, Mary, and saints you should try Jesus Christ Himself.
If he believes Jesus commands baptism, how is he not putting his faith in Jesus?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476680 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
That Faith was the root of Salvation..Not the act of obedience of the actual immersion..
Faith/Belief is necessary but so is obedience to baptism as it is a COMMAND......
Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament???
There is NO CONDEMNATION to the Children of God!
My point was in the example,the perks. Had no time to be baptized.

Some churches baptize in groups ..pray get immersed.

Others,want you to HAVE some lessons first ..

What I'm saying... it's the belief that makes,one born Again ...if he does not get the water ..I believe He is,still saved ..the BAPTISM is not salvation ..a,lot if people get baptized as baby's ..once they become adults,..they still need the belief..still need the Spirit .

For each person ..it's,different ..some never get baptized AGAIN...I imagine ..baptism of it self is,NOT salvation ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476681 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said: no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
You said: Better read your bible again....
looks like to me, you can give me a name...no?
Example: Me and Preston disagree on eternal security. He can give me a name (Demas) which he believes lost his salvation.
If you are going to tell me we are condemned if we are not baptized, please give an example of someone being condemned.
So you think you can't be condemned if you aren't baptized .
So only Christians are condemned .

But those hearing about Jesus who reject Him are NOT condemned because they were never baptized?????

That makes no sense at all ..your saying heaven is,full of atheists who rejected the Lord ..

But we who embraced the,Lord and were baptized are in danger I f condemnation..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476682 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think you can't be condemned if you aren't baptized .
So only Christians are condemned .
But those hearing about Jesus who reject Him are NOT condemned because they were never baptized?????
That makes no sense at all ..your saying heaven is,full of atheists who rejected the Lord ..
But we who embraced the,Lord and were baptized are in danger I f condemnation..
Pay attention

We are condemned if we lack faith

We are not condemned if we are not baptized.

Clear or are you still confused?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476683 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention
We are condemned if we lack faith
We are not condemned if we are not baptized.
Clear or are you still confused?
...and yes Chuck, you still speak of Self.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476684 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention
We are condemned if we lack faith
We are not condemned if we are not baptized.
Clear or are you still confused?
If you are not baptized, Chuckie, you are still under the bondage of sin.....condemned.....and outside of Christ.....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476685 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention
We are condemned if we lack faith
We are not condemned if we are not baptized.
Clear or are you still confused?
No need to be rude to Rose, she believes as you.

Actually Jesus says faith AND baptism, and in no particular order.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476686 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was in the example,the perks. Had no time to be baptized.
Some churches baptize in groups ..pray get immersed.
Others,want you to HAVE some lessons first ..
What I'm saying... it's the belief that makes,one born Again ...if he does not get the water ..I believe He is,still saved ..the BAPTISM is not salvation ..a,lot if people get baptized as baby's ..once they become adults,..they still need the belief..still need the Spirit .
For each person ..it's,different ..some never get baptized AGAIN...I imagine ..baptism of it self is,NOT salvation ..
Baptism is a COMMAND.....so how can it not be necessary for salvation???
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476687 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yes Chuck, you still speak of Self.
Not sure if you're are aware of this but I never respond to you because you're a freak like your buddy June. However, I will make an exception. I'm discussion "Christian stuff"..you wouldn't understand.

thanks
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476688 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think you can't be condemned if you aren't baptized .
So only Christians are condemned .
But those hearing about Jesus who reject Him are NOT condemned because they were never baptized?????
That makes no sense at all ..your saying heaven is,full of atheists who rejected the Lord ..
But we who embraced the,Lord and were baptized are in danger I f condemnation..
We are condemned as long as we are still in our sins....and considered outside of Christ.....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476690 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not baptized, Chuckie, you are still under the bondage of sin.....condemned.....and outside of Christ.....
So a person who is minutes from dying acknowledges he/she is a lost sinner, repents, and receives Christ by faith is not welcome in the Kingdom of God because he/she was not baptized...you're as lost as the catholics Hank.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476691 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not baptized, Chuckie, you are still under the bondage of sin.....condemned.....and outside of Christ.....
It is by the blood of Christ I am no longer under the bondage of sin.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476692 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention
We are condemned if we lack faith
We are not condemned if we are not baptized.
Clear or are you still confused?
Chuckie,

Before Jesus, the world was already condemned....

Why???

Because of people's sin.....

Doing nothing maintains our condemnation, as we are still in our sins.

Something has to happen to change the outcome of one's self from being condemned.....

Jesus came to a world of darkness already condemned from their sins in which they have committed.

Now, does the NEW BIRTH change this condemnation???
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476693 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be rude to Rose, she believes as you.
Actually Jesus says faith AND baptism, and in no particular order.
"no particular order"....I chuckle when I read that.

So you get baptism like your mom and dad did for you and then later on you receive Christ by faith...interesting.

Kind of like going to Chicago. There are many ways to get there...

Peter told Simon the Sorcerer after he was baptized his heart wasn't right...maybe his mommy and daddy didn't take him to be baptized like yours did.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476694 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So a person who is minutes from dying acknowledges he/she is a lost sinner, repents, and receives Christ by faith is not welcome in the Kingdom of God because he/she was not baptized...you're as lost as the catholics Hank.
What is the purpose of baptism, Chuckie???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476695 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is by the blood of Christ I am no longer under the bondage of sin.
So, Chuckie, you don't believe that it is necessary to participate in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus....

You don't believe that we MUST experience our NEW BIRTH in Jesus.

Just as we are born physically......

WE MUST BE BORN SPIRITUALLY......
Human Being

Jena, LA

#476696 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was in the example,the perks. Had no time to be baptized.
Some churches baptize in groups ..pray get immersed.
Others,want you to HAVE some lessons first ..
What I'm saying... it's the belief that makes,one born Again ...if he does not get the water ..I believe He is,still saved ..the BAPTISM is not salvation ..a,lot if people get baptized as baby's ..once they become adults,..they still need the belief..still need the Spirit .
For each person ..it's,different ..some never get baptized AGAIN...I imagine ..baptism of it self is,NOT salvation ..
RoSesz

Peace

In a literal sense, baptism is not salvation, and salvation is not baptism.

I think most of the people on here are getting mixed up on eternal salvation, and God's Providence of temporal things here concerning baptism.

We need to be spiritually minded, as beings which are spiritual.
As a Catholic, one is most often baptized as an infant, in which is held the belief that God's spiritual gifts are then infused within the soul. It then becomes the obligation of parents to nurture, and as an adult to pursue these gifts. In particular, if you remember; faith, hope, and love.

This is of course rejected by many non-Catholics, who hold that salvation is more like a covering, or washing away of sin. This is where the confusion of eternal and temporal aspects of baptism and salvation seem centered.(Of course the salvation of God is eternal in the washing of regeneration, the born-again experience. Salvation because of Jesus's sacrifice.) But also one must accept that hope supersedes one's sins, and God is Everlasting. He is not limited to the timeline of Creation. This makes infant baptism valid, in my opinion.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476697 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the purpose of baptism, Chuckie???
I'll take that as a no.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476698 Sep 17, 2013
You all have a good evening. If there is one thing we can learn from today it's Campellites like Hank and Catholics like Tony believe the same. The other thing they disagree on, is that they both believe they are a member of the true church.

Satan is clever ain't he.....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min _Drifter 974,738
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Spider1954 3,034
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr leonknott 45,615
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 hr Y the double stan... 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Thinking 282,987
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Internet Reality 618,849
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 2 hr Internet Reality 4
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 hr crucifiedguy 5,021
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 hr Joe Fortuna 70,894
More from around the web