Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
459,801 - 459,820 of 533,565 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/We as Catholics follow, believe, adhere to and CONTINUE to accept God's TRUE plan of Salvation for over 2000 years. You bible only fundamentalists have been editorializing HIS PLAN since the Reformation "making up your own (opinionated plans) depending on which one of your 42,000 contradicting denominational Protestant preachers happens to "yell the loudest" and "interpret" (better yet misinterprets) the Scriptures (each) to his own "demise and destruction". You as well as other Protestant "bible verse quoting" smorgasboard fundies, are a hodge-podge of 42,000 (peas in (different) pods), preaching 42,000 inconsistent and conflicting "relative truths" of the bible------and that is your choice!! It is interesting to watch ALL of you non-Catholics to criticize each others beliefs, with your own "opinionated (merry-go-round) confusion, and chaos. It is also "your choice" to remain on the "OUTSIDE of the TRUTH" (continuously, argumentively, judgmentally, and condemningly ALWAYS LOOKING IN at the historically and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
~~~

You wrote about

His One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, as you always do...

Since I cannot find any where in the scriptures that God's apostles

practiced the rituals and calisthenics or taught dogma such as the Roman

Catholics do...While the Old Testament even forbids some of them...

I cannot honestly agree with you that you are a part of an Apostolic Church..

The only common denominator WITH THE APOSTLES... is that you NAME DROP

Jesus every once in a while...

Other wise it is ...

all ABOUT YOUR CHURCH...

IT'S ESTABLISHMENT, UPON PETER.

IT'S PAPAL SUCCESSION

IT'S CATECHISM,

IT'S HISTORY,

IT'S RITUALS,

ITS MEMBERSHIP,

ITS SAINTS..

MARY...

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION, PERPETUAL VIRGINITY, HOLY ASSUMPRION

HOLY FATHERS..

QUOTED...CONTINUALLY AS APPOSED TO THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You can not understand what NFP is at all , so please quit commenting on it. You are , I hate to say, laughable. NFP cannot be illicit. artificial contraception is. Now go google those to subjects and try to learn about it, and please do not go to Guttmacher, planned parenthood sites this time.
Knit you are not reading correctly ..I know what it is ..I NEVER SAID IT WAS,ILLICIT ..

THAT CATHOLIC author did ..instead of telling me I don't know what I'm talking about ..why mot try to answer as Robert did..

I personally don't see why it would be illicit...

Was curious as to why a Catholic author would think so .

It appears that non Catholics are not the only ones who don't agree
With each other ..as we are constantly accused if on here .

I don't care ..it doesn't affect me ...I was curious so decided to ask some Catholics .

You could have answered me yesterday ...if you knew but chose on the other forum to tell me to look things up ..I know what it is..as I said yesterday TO YOU twice ..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Telling me to go to that part of the forum where the ignorant flop is laughable given the fact that I don't think there is anyone on this forum as ignorant as the posters that are posting on this thread. So,I'll stay right here and continue to try and educate the ignorant here with you being first and foremost among the ignorant.
Thanx. My mama always told me 1 was number 1
Up Yours

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

I find Catholics to be phoney and hypocritical , always pushing how important they are because they are Catholic.

In reality in they are little more than a cult with a history of taking advantage of their followers, promoters of homosexuality and child abuse.

Many people I know are Ex Cathoics because they could no longer stand what was going on in their churches. Between the perversion or being shaken down by being guilted into paying the church.

Want an annulment, pay the church
Want to confess .. Say a few Hail Marys and oh yeah pay the church
Want to be accepted by god for confirmation, pay the church

Who is the biggest landlord in the world.? The Catholic Church.

It is an institution of fraud and hypocracy and I urge your followers to leave and find out the true meaning of Christ.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you don't know the definition of "love" in that Scripture...
Oxbow says.......which means you don't know the definition of "love" in that scripture.

Michael LAUGHS OUT LOUD!........and says.....definition in the scripture Oxbow says......Ha!

.....The crucifixion scenes in the Gospels are so utterly symbolic and based on the scriptures that as history they are unbelievable. The events of the arrest, trial, and execution defy our knowledge of Jewish law of the time. On the eve of, or during, Passover these are things that they simply did not do.

..... There is considerable doubt that the Jews would have had any reason to go to the Romans to carry out the execution, or that they would have had him crucified, since the law required death by stoning for blasphemy, which is what Jesus was supposedly charged with. However, "Christ crucified" was already a theme in the teachings of Paul. Crucifixion was a means of execution that was performed by authorities, while stoning was performed by the public. In the apocalyptic and messianic stories of the time where leading figures were executed, the leading figures were executed by authorities, typical heavenly authorities.

The Gospels make many claims that are contradicted by the historical record
......Unlike the writings of the Old Testament, which cover a time span of hundreds, if not thousands, of years, the writings of the New Testament cover a very brief period of time. Most of the books, as well, don't make any significant historical statements that could even be checked against the historical record, but the Gospels and the book of Acts do make some. The book of Acts is now widely accepted by scholars as mythologized, though some aspects of it may be loosely based on real events.

Of primary importance, however, are the Gospels. Though the Gospels only cover a short time-span, there are a few claims which are made that can be checked against the known historical record. It must be noted that the Gospels do, of course, get some history correct. Herod was a real king, Pontius Pilate was a real governor of Judea, and Galilee was a real place, but beyond the basics several of the details that are part of the Gospel stories are either completely without evidence or are contradicted by the evidence that we do have. Here are a few examples of claims that are made in the Gospels which are either contradicted by the historical record or are unconfirmed outside of the Gospels.

“Star of Bethlehem”- No record of such a celestial event outside the Gospel of Matthew.
Roman census in Jesus birth story – No record of any census that matches this description.
“Massacre of the Innocents”- No record of this event outside the Gospel of Matthew.
John the Baptist – Killed early in the Gospels, died in 36 CE according to Josephus.
Death of Jesus – Accompanied by blackout of sun, earthquakes, and raising of the dead in the Gospels, no record of this by others.
The Star of Bethlehem.

UNBELIEVABLE!.........and people like yourself are stuck on all this utter nonsense.

....definition of Love he says!(lol) when the sciptures themselves are mythology.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand what NFP is. Why do you dwell on a blog that 99% of Catholics disagree on? Its because you want non Catholics to think that person is mainstream, you are a bigot, an anti Catholic. This is why you brought up the blog, because the other thread had pro aborts try to label the blog as mainstream so they could to try to call Catholics ignorant and backward.
Its all mythology HuskerDu.

Wake up!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

How did the gospel writers know..........

How did Matthew and Luke supposed to have gotten details of their stories?

Was Matthew riding along with the Magi trying to hunt down the imaginary star of David? Was he at Herods place hiding listening in on their conversations of what was to take place?

Its all baloney and there appears to be a lot of baloney lovers on this forum.

No one today can verify that the 4 gospels were written by the 4 people associated with them. I can't believe today that we have so many gullable people.

simply UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Up Yours wrote:
I find Catholics to be phoney and hypocritical , always pushing how important they are because they are Catholic.
In reality in they are little more than a cult with a history of taking advantage of their followers, promoters of homosexuality and child abuse.
Many people I know are Ex Cathoics because they could no longer stand what was going on in their churches. Between the perversion or being shaken down by being guilted into paying the church.
It is an institution of fraud and hypocracy and I urge your followers to leave and find out the true meaning of Christ.
You sound just like millions of disgruntled EX catholics ..........Up yours!

Remember the vast majority of roman catholics were indoctrinated into the faith by their families. They never used their personal knowledge to determine what belief to follow.

BUSTED.........Up yours!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

PAGE 1 OF 2

If you could lose you salvation, you would have to do the following five things. That is, to lose your salvation, you'd have to lose, return, or reverse ALL the things included in our salvation.

#1 ABORT YOURSELF FROM THE NEW BIRTH

John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

These verses are plainly referring to your first birth, born of water and your new birth by the Holy Spirit.

a. I don't see any way to be unborn. You didn't have anything to do with your first birth, so how can you be unborn. Even you mother and father can't undo what was done. It's the same thing with the new birth or Salvation. All you did was receive the gift of God (Romans 6:23) by believing on the Jesus Christ of the scriptures. When you were born physically all you did was breathe.

#2 UNSEAL YOUR SOUL

Ephesians 1:12-14 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest (down payment) of our inheritance (in the 1000 year reign) until the redemption of the purchased possession,(the Rapture) unto the praise of his glory.

a. Now how are you going to unseal your soul? You didn't seal it, God did. Someone out there says,'well if you do something that's wrong, then God will unseal it." Nope, it won't work, the verse says that the Holy Spirit's seal is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession. We're sealed until our body's redeemed and once we're redeemed we can't sin anymore. You can take a jar of beans that has been sealed by someone that knows what they're doing and it'll last from now on. I believe the Holy Spirit knows exactly what He's doing when He seals us to the day of redemption!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

PAGE 2 OF 2

If you could lose you salvation, you would have to do the following five things.....

#3 DIVORCE YOURSELF FROM THE FAMILY OF GOD.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

a. You say now I've got you! I've heard of a boy divorcing his parents. Wrong again, I don't care what that boy did, he is still his father and mother's son. My son will always be my son, we might be out of fellowship with each other, he might change his name, cuss me out or move to another country, but he will still be my son. It's the same way with your Heavenly Father, if you are saved. He will get you home, even if it's the hard way.

1 Corinthians 11:30 "For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep." Those folks had all kinds of troubles and some even died, but God didn't say they lost it and went to Hell!

#4 UNCIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART - REATTACH YOUR SOULD AND FLESH

Rom 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Colossians 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

a. According to the above verses, when you were saved God cut your soul loose from your body so the Holy Spirit can indwell you.(Romans 8:9) The sins you commit are applied to your flesh and not your soul like they were before you were saved. That's the reason you can't lose your salvation.

WHAT IF YOU SIN ONE TIME
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) any thing that defileth, James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

a. How many sins would it take to lose salvation? ONE!

So no one can live sinless, unless it's his body that's sinning and the body won't be saved until the Rapture. So the only way to stay saved is for your soul and spirit to be separate from your flesh.

#5 AMPUTATE YOURSELF FROM THE BODY OF CHRIST Christ

I Corinthians 12:13 (see also verses 12, 18, 27) I Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

a. Now how are you going to take yourself out of the body of Christ? If you could, Jesus Christ body would be deformed, mutilated or incomplete. When we put our faith IN Christ, we get the faith OF Christ. If ours ever fails - HIS won't!

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed IN Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I'm trusting in the substitutionary atonememt of the Lord Jesus Christ, if you can lose your salvation then you must be trusting in something else. It is a ridiculous impossibility for a child of God to lose their salvation. The few isolated verses used to pretend that a church age Christian can lose salvation are invariable either not talking about salvation, or not directed at Christians. A born again child of God cannot lose salvation. However, he can lose his assurance, his joy, testimony, rewards, health, inheritance and his life.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Up Yours wrote:
What have we here another bigot and Anti-Catholic. Before you spew your hate why don’t you try to find the truth?? Do tell us what man made church you belong to, so we can give you some information on that man-made church.

BTW…..
After confession,[something you should do] NO PAYMENT IS MADE!

Confirmation, NO PAYMENT IS MADE!

Annulments - have to be investigated by questioning relatives and friends, some

have to travel to get information. WHY SHOULD THE CHURCH PAY FOR

YOUR MISTAKE, stay married and you won’t need an annulment!!!

No one fells guilty by making donations, if person has no money, one is not

obligated to donate, in fact the Church helps those in need!!!!!

Regarding promotion of homosexuals, you are lying again. Haven't you heard protestants church are already promoting marriage for them. This is why we have such a great conversation of married minister and the whole congregation of other faiths coming into the ONE,TRUE CHURCH!!
One more thing, protestants have a higher rate of child abuse then Catholics, you don't hear about it b/c it doesn't make the news.

FYI…
The Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students
everyday at the cost to OUR Church of 10 billion dollars, and a
SAVINGS TO THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER OF 18 billion
dollars.
Our graduates go on to graduate studies at the rate of 92%,
all at a NO COST to taxpayers. To the rest of the Americans it's free.
The Church has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an
enrollment of 700,000 students.
The Catholic Church has a non-profit
hospital system of 637 hospitals, which account for hospital treatment
of 1 out of every 5 people -- not just Catholics -- in the United States
today.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow says.......which means you don't know the definition of "love" in that scripture.
Michael LAUGHS OUT LOUD!........and says.....definition in the scripture Oxbow says......Ha!
.....The crucifixion scenes in the Gospels are so utterly symbolic and based on the scriptures that as history they are unbelievable. The events of the arrest, trial, and execution defy our knowledge of Jewish law of the time. On the eve of, or during, Passover these are things that they simply did not do.
..... There is considerable doubt that the Jews would have had any reason to go to the Romans to carry out the execution, or that they would have had him crucified, since the law required death by stoning for blasphemy, which is what Jesus was supposedly charged with. However, "Christ crucified" was already a theme in the teachings of Paul. Crucifixion was a means of execution that was performed by authorities, while stoning was performed by the public. In the apocalyptic and messianic stories of the time where leading figures were executed, the leading figures were executed by authorities, typical heavenly authorities.
......Unlike the writings of the Old Testament, which cover a time span of hundreds, if not thousands, of years, the writings of the New Testament cover a very brief period of time. Most of the books, as well, don't make any significant historical statements that could even be checked against the historical record, but the Gospels and the book of Acts do make some. The book of Acts is now widely accepted by scholars as mythologized, though some aspects of it may be loosely based on real events.
Of primary importance, however, are the Gospels. Though the Gospels only cover a short time-span, there are a few claims which are made that can be checked against the known historical record. It must be noted that the Gospels do, of course, get some history correct. Herod was a real king, Pontius Pilate was a real governor of Judea, and Galilee was a real place, but beyond the basics several of the details that are part of the Gospel stories are either completely without evidence or are contradicted by the evidence that we do have. Here are a few examples of claims that are made in the Gospels which are either contradicted by the historical record or are unconfirmed outside of the Gospels.
“Star of Bethlehem”- No record of such a celestial event outside the Gospel of Matthew.
Roman census in Jesus birth story – No record of any census that matches this description.
“Massacre of the Innocents”- No record of this event outside the Gospel of Matthew.
John the Baptist – Killed early in the Gospels, died in 36 CE according to Josephus.
Death of Jesus – Accompanied by blackout of sun, earthquakes, and raising of the dead in the Gospels, no record of this by others.
The Star of Bethlehem.
UNBELIEVABLE!.........and people like yourself are stuck on all this utter nonsense.
....definition of Love he says!(lol) when the sciptures themselves are mythology.
SO NOW YOU HAVE GRAVITATED INTO A FULL FLEDGED ATHEIST...

YOU REMIND ME OF THOSE... THAT ONCE WERE TAKEN IN ..BY THE MORMONS AND JW'S.

At yard sales when you find those that have been deceived.... getting

rid of their cult material ....you usually find their Bibles in the same

box...woth their watch towers and book of mormons

Their belief in God has totally been expunged...and it has left their

souls hopelessly confused and empty...(body and soul) to be

exposed prey to the wilds the devil and what ever he wants to do to

them..

and according to Jesus...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

you will find that ...You are no exception....satan has none...

His intentions are to destroy you ....here and hereafter...

you usually

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
What have we here another bigot and Anti-Catholic. Before you spew your hate why don’t you try to find the truth?? Do tell us what man made church you belong to, so we can give you some information on that man-made church.
BTW…..
After confession,[something you should do] NO PAYMENT IS MADE!
Confirmation, NO PAYMENT IS MADE!
Annulments - have to be investigated by questioning relatives and friends, some
have to travel to get information. WHY SHOULD THE CHURCH PAY FOR
YOUR MISTAKE, stay married and you won’t need an annulment!!!
No one fells guilty by making donations, if person has no money, one is not
obligated to donate, in fact the Church helps those in need!!!!!
Regarding promotion of homosexuals, you are lying again. Haven't you heard protestants church are already promoting marriage for them. This is why we have such a great conversation of married minister and the whole congregation of other faiths coming into the ONE,TRUE CHURCH!!
One more thing, protestants have a higher rate of child abuse then Catholics, you don't hear about it b/c it doesn't make the news.
FYI…
The Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students
everyday at the cost to OUR Church of 10 billion dollars, and a
SAVINGS TO THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER OF 18 billion
dollars.
Our graduates go on to graduate studies at the rate of 92%,
all at a NO COST to taxpayers. To the rest of the Americans it's free.
The Church has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an
enrollment of 700,000 students.
The Catholic Church has a non-profit
hospital system of 637 hospitals, which account for hospital treatment
of 1 out of every 5 people -- not just Catholics -- in the United States
today.
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS

Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

NOW COMPARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOVE WITH WHAT YOUR BANNER SAYS IN THIS FORUM...

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The Star of Bethlehem.
Thanks for verifying my words!!!!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS
Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
NOW COMPARE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOVE WITH WHAT YOUR BANNER SAYS IN THIS FORUM...
"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ."
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic Church" only true Church. There are 22 Catholic Churches. All are true.
This is the 3rd time in a week you've been shown your error. Now its turning into a sin on your part. As if you could care less about truth..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic Church" only true Church. There are 22 Catholic Churches. All are true.
This is the 3rd time in a week you've been shown your error. Now its turning into a sin on your part. As if you could care less about truth..
Correctly stated: Roman Catholic church denomination.....

Roman Catholic Church Denomination - Christianity - About.com
christianity.about.com ›...› Denominations › Roman Catholicism&#8206;
by Mary Fairchild - in 469 Google+ circles
The Roman Catholic church denomination is the largest Christian group in the world today with more than a billion followers constituting about half of the world's ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Church only true church, Vatican says - World - CBC News
www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2007/07/10/vatica...
Jul 10, 2007 - The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican - Topix
www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5AL0932P... ;
Jul 10, 2007 - 20 posts - &#8206;1 author
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me ...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't read either eh. Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
That is the title of this thread posted by a catholic. The Pope said this words did he not??
Does not the Pope represent the vatican??
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't read either eh. Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
That is the title of this thread posted by a catholic. The Pope said this words did he not??
Does not the Pope represent the vatican??
You mean to tell me... After all these yrs on this thread, and the countless times its been pointed out to you... You still do not know?

The Vatican NEVER said ROMAN Catholic Church only true Church. Why? Because that statement does not make sense. There are 22 other Catholic Churches. Roman is just one of them. All are true in tracing their roots to Jesus Christ's original Church. The Catholic; universal Church of Jesus Christ, in communion with the Bishop of Rome.

You people see a headline from a secular news outlet and automatically believe its truth. I swear, you are all the perfect candidates for the cults.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Church only true church, Vatican says - World - CBC News
www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2007/07/10/vatica...
Jul 10, 2007 - The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican - Topix
www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5AL0932P... ;
Jul 10, 2007 - 20 posts - &#8206;1 author
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me ...
Show me from the article. Not the topix headline. The Vatican didn't write the headline of this thread you moron. Is there an actual quote? The Armenian and Byzantine rite Catholic Churches are the true Churches as well. You fanatics focus on "Roman" because your cult leaders led you to believe there is a separate Church called 'Roman'.... You know... The Whore of Babylon! oops, what happens if there is no such thing as an actual Roman Church by the definition you all think or want? Suddenly your Whore of Babylon accusation looks like another lie. Lol. Looks like you gotta do the protestant creed and ignore truth so you can carry on protesting Our Lords Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

417 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min lightbeamrider 722,102
Last Word + 2 27 min kansas 289
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 3,992
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 28 min CIVAN 4,907
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Patrick 224,606
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 39 min ocxz 115,596
Carly Carrigan, you may all know her from Famil... (Jul '11) 49 min Jack 52
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,962
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr nightgown 123