Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701335 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476541 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicodemus was not ready yet to believe in Jesus.
"You are Israel’s teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?
Nicodemus is asking about water and spirit..eternal life.

Ezekiel 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

**The promise of the New Covenant to Israel.

"A new Heart...A new Spirit" - the born again experience Hank and has nothing to do with baptism.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476542 Sep 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the Vatican said the Roman Catholic Church is the only true Church. Actually, don't. Your opinion on anything means nothing. We already showed you why its called Roman, and you've shown that you're not interested. You're going to believe whatever you want and that's that.
If da vatacan say "Catholic Church" it also means "Roman Catholic Church". If da vatacan say "Roman Catholic church" it also do mean "Catholic Church"..

Egg all over face is becoming to you!!!!!

Location hidden

#476543 Sep 16, 2013
Catholic Church only true church, Vatican says

CBC News Posted: Jul 10, 2007 10:28 AM ET Last Updated: Jul 10, 2007 10:27 AM ET

Responses to Some Questions Regarding Certain Aspects of the Doctrine on the Church

The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

The 16-page document was prepared by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, a doctrinal watchdog that Pope Benedict used to head.

Formulated as five questions and answers, the document is titled "Responses to Some Questions Regarding Certain Aspects of the Doctrine on the Church."

It says although Orthodox churches are true churches, they are defective because they do not recognize the primacy of the Pope.

"It follows that these separated churches and communities, though we believe they suffer from defects, are deprived neither of significance nor importance in the mystery of salvation," it said.

The document adds that Protestant denominations — called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation —are not true churches, but ecclesial communities.

"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense," it said.

The document is similar to one written in 2000 by the Pope— who was Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger at the time—that sparked an angry reaction from Protestant groups.

"I suspect there will be some reactions that are rather passionate," said Raphaela Schmid, director of the Becket Institute, a group that advocates religious freedom. "I hope they will not be angry because we all try to understand about each other."

The document is issued by Benedict's successor in doctrinal matters, Cardinal William Levada, and endorsed by the Pope, said Reuters.

The decree comes days after liberal Catholic and Jewish groups spoke out against the Pope's move to authorize the wider use of a traditional Latin mass.

The Tridentine mass includes a prayer for the conversion of Jews. Its use was restricted following the Second Vatican Councilfrom 1962 to 1965.

Pope Benedict issued a decree last week authorizing its broader use in an effort to reconcile with followers of an ultratraditional excommunicated bishop.

The Jewish Anti-Defamation League in New York called it a "body blow to Catholic-Jewish relations."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#476545 Sep 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.catholic.org/intern ational/international_story.ph p?id=24660
That sounds like the full story. Thanks for the link.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476546 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said: no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
You said: Better read your bible again....
looks like to me, you can give me a name...no?
Example: Me and Preston disagree on eternal security. He can give me a name (Demas) which he believes lost his salvation.
If you are going to tell me we are condemned if we are not baptized, please give an example of someone being condemned.
Exactly ..a,person who has been "courted" ..sought out by the,Spirit .
He,has been pondering over giving his,Life to the,LORD ..is,almost there,..gets into a,car accident ..lays dying and cries,out LORD Jesus,I want to be Yours,please,forgive me ..And dies,.

He has nit been baptized ..I believe He is saved .

I was told when I received BAPTISM As an adult ..there was nothing inherent in the action itself ..however the Faith that brought me to the BAPTISM (and they had me give a testimony as,part if their practice

That Faith was the root of Salvation..Not the act of obedience of the actual immersion..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#476548 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't you baptized when you were a baby? Why get baptized again? You don't need to.
I wanted to once I became a born Again believer .

Did you ever answer CONFRINTINGS, post to you ..or do you ONKY post when I do or to other CATHolics,

..I'm curious,...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476549 Sep 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
TO CONDEMN THE REST OF THE CHRISTIANS ON EARTH... TO HELL...
BECAUSE THEY REFUSE
TO BE A PART
OF THEIR CONFUSION OF FACE....
We as Catholics will leave the "condemning of Christians to Hell, to you Confrinting. The fact is that you have "NOTHING BUT" "condemn AND judgE the personal faith and Salvation of (anyone and everyone) who doesn't agree with your bible only "editorializing" ministry, "ever" since the first day that you came on this forum. Furthermore---what makes you think that we even care, whether you become a Catholic or not! Quite frankly, there is probably NOT ONE Catholic on this forum *Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C or "anyone else" that I have missed, that care not "one iota" as to what you chose to believe. But we ALL KNOW that the "only reason" you bible only "fundies" are on this forum, is to attack, rip, condemn and pass your personal opinionated judgement again our Catholic faith, especially Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476550 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said: no one has ever been condemned with out being baptized
You said: Better read your bible again....
looks like to me, you can give me a name...no?
Example: Me and Preston disagree on eternal security. He can give me a name (Demas) which he believes lost his salvation.
If you are going to tell me we are condemned if we are not baptized, please give an example of someone being condemned.
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

So then they that are in the flesh (SIN) cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Get it now, Chuck....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476551 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't you baptized when you were a baby? Why get baptized again? You don't need to.
Babies are without sin....

What is the purpose of baptism???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476552 Sep 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicodemus is asking about water and spirit..eternal life.
Ezekiel 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
**The promise of the New Covenant to Israel.
"A new Heart...A new Spirit" - the born again experience Hank and has nothing to do with baptism.
You wrote:

This is what you say BUT it is NOT what Jesus says.....

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, <<<<<the body is dead because of sin;>>>>> but the Spirit is life because of righteousness but if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

....the body is DEAD because of sin (condemned)

Why???

Because of SIN.....

When are you FREE from the BONDAGE OF SIN????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476553 Sep 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..a,person who has been "courted" ..sought out by the,Spirit .
He,has been pondering over giving his,Life to the,LORD ..is,almost there,..gets into a,car accident ..lays dying and cries,out LORD Jesus,I want to be Yours,please,forgive me ..And dies,.
He has nit been baptized ..I believe He is saved .
I was told when I received BAPTISM As an adult ..there was nothing inherent in the action itself ..however the Faith that brought me to the BAPTISM (and they had me give a testimony as,part if their practice
That Faith was the root of Salvation..Not the act of obedience of the actual immersion..
You wrote:

Faith/Belief is necessary but so is obedience to baptism as it is a COMMAND......

Do you know what the COMMANDS of Jesus are in the New Testament???

There is NO CONDEMNATION to the Children of God!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476554 Sep 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>come on Hank, YOU KNOW that Jesus died BEFORE the other two malefactors.
it isn't right because of what your church teaches to deny what actually happened.
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Hello Preston,

I have missed speaking with you....hope all is well with you...

We cannot participate in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection until Jesus died on the cross....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476555 Sep 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to show the world(your friends) that you have been Born Again and for no other reason.
Only a cult would teach otherwise, thereby proving the Words of Jesus are true. That people will try to climb into heaven by all other means ,such as a thief does when they try to enter into a home.
LOL...

We cannot "climb into heaven" if we are still under the bondage of sin.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476557 Sep 16, 2013
Romans 6:20-23

20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.(NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF GOD BECAUSE OF <<<SIN>>>)

21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!(ASHAMED OF <<<SIN>>>)(R ESULT-DEATH-SPIRITUAL DEATH)

22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.(FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN)(SLAVES OF GOD)(BENEFIT YOU REAP......

Leads to HOLINESS (SAVED FROM SIN-PURE) and what is the result???

Eternal Life!!!

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476559 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Preston,
I have missed speaking with you....hope all is well with you...
We cannot participate in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection until Jesus died on the cross....
BUT Jesus died BEFORE the malefactors and you know the Bible well enough to have known that.

a very clear indication and evidence that Water Baptism is not necessary for a Person to enter into Heaven.

an indisputable evidence as spoken by Jesus Himself and His Word trumps the words of Campbell and Stone, and anyone else that would try and teach that Baptism is Necessary for Salvation and Entrance into the Heavenly Kingdom.

this argument against the Word of God just doesn't make sense to me. why "kick against the pricks"? Accept His Word and get Saved

Location hidden

#476560 Sep 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...
We cannot "climb into heaven" if we are still under the bondage of sin.
I agree but that is not the problem with a cult.

a cult will try to add or change the Word of God.

Jesus said that a person must be Born Again to be able to enter Heaven.

can you show me where He said you must be Baptised to enter into Heaven?

glad that you have dropped in, BTW. been thinking about you.

Location hidden

#476561 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Christ taught that when you die, you become born again . I get upset over people who think since they are so called born again, that they don't sin anymore, they do all sorts of horrid sins and yet they disagree with you and say they can't sin anymore. The only time you can't sin anymore is when you are dead. You don't become sinless when alive, man is imperfect and will always be when living. Why can't protestants see this?
LOL, when did Jesus say that when a person is Born Again, that you are dead?

that has to be the stupidest statement EVER MADE on this Forum.

try and back up this stupid statement by a verse or two in the NT, lets see you try.

Location hidden

#476562 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Christ taught that when you die, you become born again . I get upset over people who think since they are so called born again, that they don't sin anymore, they do all sorts of horrid sins and yet they disagree with you and say they can't sin anymore. The only time you can't sin anymore is when you are dead. You don't become sinless when alive, man is imperfect and will always be when living. Why can't protestants see this?
From experience. A person not born again of the Spirit of God, lives in sin, lives to sin, plans on sinning, enjoys sinning, they are slaves of sin. A born again person is the exact opposite....

Location hidden

#476563 Sep 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Ro 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Location hidden

#476564 Sep 16, 2013
What Does It Mean To Be Born Again?

This term “born again” first appears in the Bible in John chapter three...

“There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again”(John 3:1-7).

An unsaved man once said to me,“That born again stuff makes no sense to me.” Perhaps you feel the same. There are “How To Be Saved” articles all over the internet (and I am thankful for them all), but many people want a complete explanation of what it means to be “born-again.” Why do we need to be born again? What does it mean? That is my purpose in this article, that is, to explain this great Biblical doctrine in layman's terms. Please give me a moment and I will make it as plain as you've ever heard. Most people have religion, but very few people have ever been Biblically born-again. Unless you are born again, you absolutely cannot go to Heaven (John 3:5).

Simply put, to be “born again” means to have He (Jesus) Who is the beginning born in you. In Revelation 1:8 Jesus said,“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, respectively. Man by birth is spiritually dead, which I will explain further in a moment. To be born-again is a miracle of God, by which Jesus Christ comes into your body to live, literally in the form of the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9,“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

To understand what it means to be born-again, it is necessary to understand that there are TWO BIRTHS. The “first” birth is the PHYSICAL BIRTH when you were born into this world from your mother and father. When the Bible speaks of being “born of water,” it is speaking about the physical birth (NOT baptism). The “second” birth is a SPIRITUAL BIRTH, which means to be born of the “Spirit”(that is, God's Holy Spirit). Why does a person need to be born spiritually? What is a “spiritual” birth?
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 29 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 9 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 hr Tony 6,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722