Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,997
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476229 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we'd get upset if our opponents were in Heaven when we got there? That's ridiculous.
There are a couple ministers on here, however, who'd find joy watching Catholics suffer. That's how bad they wanna be right.
and that is the most ridiculous statement that any person on here has ever made to insinuate that I would take joy in the loss of ONE soul going to hell.

If I felt that WAY, I would keep silent and let people like you find your way to hell alone.

I have called you a liar many times in the past and this one is the biggest.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#476230 Sep 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Maybe utilizing all the Apostles and Jesus - instead of the folks men only decided to use - would be a better approach to understanding what you lack.
Especially, when you bring in Jesus into the mix.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The men I speak of do not contradict what Jesus taught. Remember, not everything Jesus said and did is documented in writing. If His oral teachings are the word of God too, then it would have been protected so humanity would know the truth.
Yes they do.

You said: "not everything Jesus said and did is documented in writing."
- so you have concluded that men just guessed on what he taught and then decided willy-nilly to believe what they interpretted?

Really, Clay? Is this your argument? How 'bout you add some qualifiers to your position. It is what Catholics like to do when they don't have a firm stance on believing in all of what Jesus taught.

Let's hold hands and dance in a circle. This is the mentality you are on.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#476231 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
@Sera and Herm....
I'm also puzzled why you two never stand up for truth when the fundies attack us. You believe in the Eucharist. You believe in Confession to a Priest. You believe in Baptism with water.
Yet you sit idle why they mock the Eucharist? They are in reality, mocking Jesus Christ who said, "This is my body". Therefore that is a call for you to stand up for the Lord.
I know that no Catholic on this thread would ever stay silent if these guy poke fun at YOUR belief in the Eucharist.
wrong ...you all have

Location hidden

#476232 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The men I speak of do not contradict what Jesus taught. Remember, not everything Jesus said and did is documented in writing. If His oral teachings are the word of God too, then it would have been protected so humanity would know the truth.
again, you are PARROTING what lies that your leaders teach you.

HOW COULD ANY PERSON CCONTRADICT A SAYING OR WRITING IF IT IS NOT KNOWN.

SEE HOW STUPID THAT YOU SOUND?

Location hidden

#476233 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The men I speak of do not contradict what Jesus taught. Remember, not everything Jesus [[[[[said ]]]]]and did is documented in writing. If His oral teachings are the word of God too, then it would have been protected so humanity would know the truth.
look at the lie that you are Telling to this poster. YOU ADDEDD TO THE WORD OF GOD.

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

your church is exactly like the Mormons and the jw's are doing,

the Mormons got the other book and the jw's got the watchtower and the catholics got the Vatican.

ALL THREE CULTS ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD

Albuquerque, NM

#476234 Sep 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "never" (once) said that!! I have always seen Bible only Protestants are Christians, just like us Catholics, and are our brothers and sisters in Christ. In fact, it is the other way around in that fundamental Protestants unfortunately, refuse to see us Catholics as Christians.
*hands you a helmet*

I'd hat to see you fall off the bike as you back-peddle.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

FYI - you may not have said those exact words, but many of your past posts exhibit frustration and ignorance, not only toward other beliefs, but as well as Christianity as a whole.

For you to display any sort of honesty on this forum, will be a start of a change to correct that.

Albuquerque, NM

#476235 Sep 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Extremely well put Nick.I was raised Catholic,and left at 18,so some here would say I was too young to understand what I was doing to begin with.
Whatever,that was an age timeline for me.I did have a born-again experience at 18,and believe me it was challenged in many ways.Of course I had to move beyond that initial time of conversion for me.Even at 18 I was so immature,due to being raised in a dysfunctional family. I did however have to take responsibility for my own actions,sins and short-comings eventually.The more I prayed and read the Scriptures,the more I came to understand how the truth is not of this world mind-set,but of a Way that can only be inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Who does not have trouble with becoming a follower of faith,and guess what,no matter what church you belong to,it is a road you often must travel alone in faith. The direction we take that leads to God,gives us the comfort of the church,but it is the Comforter,who we must really KNOW,Love and follow,for He will guide us into all truth,not even the church the Bride can do that,only the Holy Spirit.
The believer has to come to a dependence on God that goes beyond the comfort and support they receive from any organized body of believers,whether the Catholic,Orthodox or Protestant movements and so on. The greatest example of a total dependence on God is the story of Abraham,especially when he had to offer his son Isaac as a sacrificial lamb to the God he so depended on!
Such reliance and faith is not given to us by the Church,and we must all come to grips with that truth,each and every believer.
We may corporately join with brothers and sisters in faith to pray,seek the Lord,WORSHIP Him,and do many good works to bring hope,and love to others,but there comes a day when you alone will be challenged to take a step to trust and obey,that you never could be shown in the church.
You sure speak of alot of things you did, but still refute that it is because of the "Self" that all of these things were achieved.

Why do you promote it out of one side of your mouth, then admonish me for posting that it is the only truth that Jesus spoke of?

Albuquerque, NM

#476236 Sep 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at the lie that you are Telling to this poster. YOU ADDEDD TO THE WORD OF GOD.
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
the Mormons got the other book and the jw's got the watchtower and the catholics got the Vatican.
.....and then then argument travels to......

....the things that were written about what Jesus said, ARE DISMISSED AS not his teachings.

You are confused, or in fact, would rather believe men over Jesus, as they chose many KNOWN TEXTS to not be included in their theology.

You are trying to mislead just like the Catholics.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#476237 Sep 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and that is the most ridiculous statement that any person on here has ever made to insinuate that I would take joy in the loss of ONE soul going to hell.
If I felt that WAY, I would keep silent and let people like you find your way to hell alone.
I have called you a liar many times in the past and this one is the biggest.
I have a feeling you'd get some satisfaction seeing us lowered to hell and looking up at you and realizing you were right all along . In fact, I'm quite certain that scenario makes you excited. You've never given me any reason to believe otherwise.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#476238 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church teaches that we are all priests too. But the Apostles set up a sacramental Priesthood with the duties of administering the sacraments and performing the Mass.
"Do all things in harmony with God; with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priests in place of the council of the Apostles, and with the Deacons- most dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ who was with the Father from the beginning and at last, is made manifest"
Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop and Disciple of John; ordained by Saint Peter
This is the first century Church. Its the Church of Christ, called Universal or "Catholic".
You've just admitted to men placing themselves in the place of God - and you have no problem with that??

The Apostles didn't set up a Priesthood. Even if they did Paul, an apostle, said in Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!" This "Priesthood" cannot be found in the scriptures. None of the Apostles recorded it. It is something being PREACHED AS DOCTRINE that they did not PREACH AS DOCTRINE.

There is no example of this Priesthood in our scriptures and there is NO prophesy of this priesthood with the exception of 1 Tim. 4:

1 Timothy 4

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed....

Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476240 Sep 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just admitted to men placing themselves in the place of God - and you have no problem with that??
The Apostles didn't set up a Priesthood. Even if they did Paul, an apostle, said in Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!" This "Priesthood" cannot be found in the scriptures. None of the Apostles recorded it. It is something being PREACHED AS DOCTRINE that they did not PREACH AS DOCTRINE.
There is no example of this Priesthood in our scriptures and there is NO prophesy of this priesthood with the exception of 1 Tim. 4:
1 Timothy 4
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed....
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Th...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#476241 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said that. I told you that last week, why are you acting like you never heard it?
~~~

A picture is worth more than a thousand words

A declaration ...such as is the banner of this forum,

and the knowledge that it has been the polity of the

Roman Catholic Church for eons ....

PLUS ...The remarks by the Roman Catholics here....that...say

"Since I am not a part of their religious society ...

I am not called of God<"

destroys any credibility

as far as I am concerned and contradicts your disclaimer..
Clay

Chicago, IL

#476242 Sep 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 4
"with the Bishop presiding in place of God"

I think you know what Ignatius meant that. Jesus Christ started a Church not a Book. The Bishop presides over the Church until Christ gets back. He's entrusted with the day to day operations of it.

It is now 'later times', and clearly Protestantism and you church of Christ have followed a different path.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#476243 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you'd get some satisfaction seeing us lowered to hell and looking up at you and realizing you were right all along . In fact, I'm quite certain that scenario makes you excited. You've never given me any reason to believe otherwise.
~~~

I have a feeling you'd get some satisfaction seeing us lowered to hell and looking up at you and realizing you were right all along .

IF YOU THINK THAT WE WOULD HAVE PUT UP WITH ALL THE FLACK THAT WE HAVE OVER THE YEARS BECAUSE WE WOULD REJOICE AND WANTED YOU TO GO TO HELL...

YOU ARE TERRIBLY MISINFORMED...

WE KNOW THAT THE BIBLE SAYS..

Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

AND HAVE ATTEMPTED TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO YOU AND OTHERS...

BY POINTING YOU TO GOD'S TRUE PLAN OF SALVATION...

THE ONLY PLACE WHERE WE MAY HAVE FAIL..

IS THAT ...

WE HAVE INFORMED YOU MANY TIMES

WHILE OTHERS (THAT PERHAPS WOULD RECEIVE THE TRUTH)

HAVE NOT HEARD IT ONCE...

CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY HIS FIVE SENSES
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476244 Sep 13, 2013
Pope Francis today:

“Those who live judging their neighbor, speaking ill of their neighbor, are hypocrites, because they lack the strength and the courage to look to their own shortcomings. The Lord does not waste many words on this concept. Further on he says that he who has hatred in his heart for his brother is a murderer. In his first letter, John the Apostle also says it clearly: anyone who has hatred for his brother is a murderer, he walks in darkness, he who judges his brother walks in darkness”.

“A Christian murderer…. It’s not me saying this, it’s the Lord. And there is no place for nuances. If you speak ill of your brother, you kill your brother. And every time we do this, we are imitating that gesture of Caine, the first murderer in History”

“Go and pray for him! Go and do penance for her! And then, if it is necessary, speak to that person who may be able to seek remedy for the problem. But don’t tell everyone! Paul had been a sinner, and he says of himself: I was once a blasphemer, a persecutor, a violent man. But I have been mercifully treated”. Perhaps none of us are blasphemer – perhaps… But if we ever gossip we are certainly persecutors and violent. We ask for grace so that we and the entire Church may convert from the crime of gossip to love, to humility, to meekness, to docility, to the generosity of love towards our neighbor”.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#476245 Sep 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
A picture is worth more than a thousand words
A declaration ...such as is the banner of this forum,
and the knowledge that it has been the polity of the
Roman Catholic Church for eons ....
PLUS ...The remarks by the Roman Catholics here....that...say
"Since I am not a part of their religious society ...
I am not called of God<"
destroys any credibility
as far as I am concerned and contradicts your disclaimer..
I know you hate the Roman Catholic Church.

What about the Byzantine Catholic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Coptic, Oriental Catholic? Maronite Catholic, Armenian, Alexanderian, Albanian Catholic?
Are they all goin to Hell too, or just the Roman??
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#476246 Sep 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at the lie that you are Telling to this poster. YOU ADDEDD TO THE WORD OF GOD.
Are you really saying everything Jesus said is written down in the NT?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#476247 Sep 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HB - thanks for posting a response.
You are confusing to aspects of human nature - one that Jesus instructs us to look within to correct ourselves, so we don't become impoverished with knowledge, as knowledge increase the betterment of one's Self. Where as the poor are those who have not the ability to extend themselves to reach the knowledge, so those individuals have Jesus as a guide - in regard to spiritual matters.
Everything Jesus teaches is about the Spirit and its transcendence to a higher plane of existence.
You do understand this, right?
Now I can live with that! I see that to know yourself in context to the Scriptures can lead a person within two spheres: the knowing of the sinful nature,and the spiritual knowledge of realizing that we are created by God,so that which is created by God is sacred!

Our nature that yields to sin is inherited and also learned.Because of the atmosphere we all grow up in,which can be learned outside of the family,and within of course.

Understanding our ability to do evil and good is part of that KNOWING of self. Do you agree?

Albuquerque, NM

#476248 Sep 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Pope Francis today:
“Those who live judging their neighbor, speaking ill of their neighbor, are hypocrites, because they lack the strength and the courage to look to their own shortcomings. The Lord does not waste many words on this concept. Further on he says that he who has hatred in his heart for his brother is a murderer. In his first letter, John the Apostle also says it clearly: anyone who has hatred for his brother is a murderer, he walks in darkness, he who judges his brother walks in darkness”.
“A Christian murderer…. It’s not me saying this, it’s the Lord. And there is no place for nuances. If you speak ill of your brother, you kill your brother. And every time we do this, we are imitating that gesture of Caine, the first murderer in History”
“Go and pray for him! Go and do penance for her! And then, if it is necessary, speak to that person who may be able to seek remedy for the problem. But don’t tell everyone! Paul had been a sinner, and he says of himself: I was once a blasphemer, a persecutor, a violent man. But I have been mercifully treated”. Perhaps none of us are blasphemer – perhaps… But if we ever gossip we are certainly persecutors and violent. We ask for grace so that we and the entire Church may convert from the crime of gossip to love, to humility, to meekness, to docility, to the generosity of love towards our neighbor”.
Thansk for promoting the Self.

Best regards.

Albuquerque, NM

#476249 Sep 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Now I can live with that! I see that to know yourself in context to the Scriptures can lead a person within two spheres: the knowing of the sinful nature,and the spiritual knowledge of realizing that we are created by God,so that which is created by God is sacred!
Our nature that yields to sin is inherited and also learned.Because of the atmosphere we all grow up in,which can be learned outside of the family,and within of course.
Understanding our ability to do evil and good is part of that KNOWING of self. Do you agree?
Hi Pad.

"Understanding our ability to do evil and good is part of that KNOWING of self. Do you agree?"

Yep. Since we get to learn what good and evil is, so we also must learn how to act and be [Self] when these two paths are tobe found in front of us.

One chooses the path - not "God" or "Satan", but the person.

We look within to find our own faults. Jesus taught this and also teaches that we are also the ones that can overcome these difficulties, so they can become successes.

IMO - we can learn about the evils of the world, but it doesn't necessary mean we take action on them, but more precisely, we try to avoid them. In other words, we know it is not right to rob a bank, so we don't - we avoid "sin".

But we also know that it is good to help a child ride a bike - because the child knows it is something they like to do. We avoid what here? In a way, not helping the child will cause the child to be sad and discontent because they don't get to ride. We would avoid those moments, as well as, avoiding the thoughts that we didn't help, when we knew we could.

I know it wasn't the greatest comparison, but I think you understand what I am trying to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min i want it 1,099
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min dirty white boy- 753,782
She looks great even without any makeup !! 1 hr Better bones than... 7
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr prajju 189
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 262,098
mycashbot.com Review : MY CASH BOT SCAM? 2 hr dess71 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 37,359
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bmz 96,462
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Little Voice 174
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr BenAdam 602,855