Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667936 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476065 Sep 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think men read the Bible, then formed the Catholic religion.. No wonder you're confused.
~~~~
I HAVE NO PROBLEM IN BELIEVING THAT THE CATHOLIC RELIGION WAS INVENTED

WITH OUT ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIBLE/GOD'S WORD...

IF IT WERE ESTABLISHED IN THE WORD OF GOD....IT WOULD BE GOD BREATHED...AND COME FROM ABOVE...

SINCE IT IS NOT ESTABLISHED UPON GOD'S WORD...THEN IT HAS ONLY ONE OTHER PLACE THAT IT COULD HAVE COME FROM.

THE BIBLE SAYS JESUS IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH....

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

JESUS SAID

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

for without me ye can do nothing.

IT IS VERY OBVIOUS THAT JESUS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ESTABLISHING OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

question

JUST WHOM IS IT THAT IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CONJECTURE?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476066 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>My mom got Saved when she was just 13. my dad later but he was a backslidden Preacher.
while me? I was a sinner and a good one, and I was Lost. I needed a Savior, and my family couldn't help me, I needed Jesus and at an altar of Prayer on 8/25/82, My sins were taken away.
I take it that lying to "God" with saying you believe in all of what Jesus taught doesn't count as a sin, huh?

Even after Jesus plainly states, "believe in me".

OOPS cowboy?!

Albuquerque, NM

#476067 Sep 12, 2013
Oxbow posted:
""The church is the people of God,” he says.“It’s the hierarchy that’s out of touch with the people of God, and they’ve got to get back in touch.""

What - a devout Catholic not claiming the RCC as "the Church".

He must not be as devout as the article claims.

He must be one fo the "staunch" ones, or he is a heretic.

Based upon this forum - I know this statement surely does not agree with any of the so-called Catholics here.

Albuquerque, NM

#476068 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>confused. it is catholics that are CONFUSED by all of the lies that they have been told.
Mary needed a savior, wasn't perfect as she left this Child back in Jerusalem, something that if it happened today would place her in prison most likely.
so who is confused about your irreligious beliefs. lol.
when I say something, I can back it up with the Bible.
catholics CANT!!!!!!!
Do you really think fallible men can define an infallible being?

You are lost if you do and haven't understaood anything by Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476069 Sep 12, 2013
THE BIBLE DOES NOT REQUIRE BELIEF IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

THE BIBLE SAYS...WE MUST BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

FAITH IS ESTABLISHED BY

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Albuquerque, NM

#476070 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't NEED another persons opinion to tell me about Salvation.
I know all about it since I was there that night on 8/25/82.
and if you disagree with my words, give me your own words and opinion.
a person gets saved when the Spirit speaks to them and bids them Come. and if they are sincere, the Blood of Jesus will fall on them and their sins will be washed away.
and that is how it was with ME.
WHAT? You have a physical sample of Jesus' blood or DNA?

And you have been holding out for all this time?

I think you are making up another fib.

Why can't you understand that all that was written is relative to a mental and spiritual facet and not the literal aspect you like to think?

DOH!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476071 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong-o.
I found the link and it was a beautiful defense of our practice of venerating icons and statues. Period. The truth is I admitted it was an Orthodox site to Hermi only because I anticipated him attacking me for using it as he has done so often. I'm sorry you two are seeing things that aren't there Sera, I wish we had a better understanding of each other's motives.
I thought I knew your motives, Anthony. I used to describe you as the only true Catholic here.I can trust. But I didnt survive the streets or working in prisons by being a shmuck. You are done.

Albuquerque, NM

#476072 Sep 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
THE BIBLE DOES NOT REQUIRE BELIEF IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
THE BIBLE SAYS...WE MUST BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
FAITH IS ESTABLISHED BY
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

"Paul's gospel" is not Jesus'.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Location hidden

#476073 Sep 12, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholics will not face the truth that Mary remained not a virgin"
that's cuz if they did face it, then mary couldn't be the divine queen mother of heaven and they'd just as soon die by burning (or burn others) before they'd cease worshipping their goddess!
You got it!!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#476074 Sep 12, 2013
continued
xxxxxxx
please show.... from God's word...that these inventions are sound doctrine
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent A.D. 998
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
25. Celibacy of priests declared A.D. 1079
26. Rosary adopted (pagan) by Peter the Hermit A.D. 1090
27. The Inquisition instituted by Council of Verona A.D. 1184
28. Sale of indulgences A.D. 1190
29. Seven Sacraments, defined by Peter Lombard 12th c.
30. Transubstantiation, defined by Innocent III A.D. 1215
GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE
7. Mass was always celebrated daily, but not in every region the Church was present. Gradually, as more and more feast days of the Martyrs were added, the daily Mass became more and more. Do you have a problem with us gathering daily to worship Our Lord??

8. Jesus is God made manifest. Since Jesus is God (and i would hope you'd agree) then Mary can be rightfully called His Mother. She carried Him for 9 months; gave birth; nursed, fed and raised Him. Mary is the Mother of Jesus, who is God.

9. Catholic Priests didn't begin wearing 'special clothing' in 500 AD! lol. You need to start providing your source of slander.
The Priesthood is distinguished from the laity (Acts 20:28-32, Eph 4:11, Philemon 1:1, 1Tim 3:1-13,
catholic.com/quickquestions/do-priests-vestme...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476075 Sep 12, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every veil secretly desires to be lifted, except the veil of hypocrisy.
We ought to see far enough into a hypocrite to see even his sincerity. We ought to be interested in that darkest and most real part of a man in which dwell not the vices that he does not display, but the virtues that he cannot. And the more we approach the problems of human history with this keen and piercing charity, the smaller and smaller space we shall allow to pure hypocrisy of any kind.
G.K. CHESTERTON
==========
Chesterson??? If you are going to go after Dostoyevsky, at least use Dickens or James Joyce.

Location hidden

#476076 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she was JUST a surrogate mom, a vessel that was used by God. nothing more. to bad that you catholics have been lied to and make her more than what she was.
surrogate: 1. a person or thing acting as a substitute

For whom was she substituting????!!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#476077 Sep 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I knew your motives, Anthony. I used to describe you as the only true Catholic here.I can trust. But I didnt survive the streets or working in prisons by being a shmuck. You are done.
By opening ones eyes, one can witness some very enlightening things.

:o)

Location hidden

#476079 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't NEED another persons opinion to tell me about Salvation.
I know all about it since I was there that night on 8/25/82.
and if you disagree with my words, give me your own words and opinion.
a person gets saved when the Spirit speaks to them and bids them Come. and if they are sincere, the Blood of Jesus will fall on them and their sins will be washed away.
and that is how it was with ME.
I gave you not opinions....I gave you truth supported by Scripture...which, evidently, is news to you!!!!!
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#476080 Sep 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
"Paul's gospel" is not Jesus'.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
NASL

Peace

"Blessed are the poor(impoverished) in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

Your gnostic substitution of what it is to be poor and rich needs adjusting. It is oblique at best to Jesus' first Sermon.

Poor in spirit...,kingdom of heaven. is theirs.

Remember it? Remember!

Peace
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#476081 Sep 12, 2013
continued
xxxxxxx
please show.... from God's word...that these inventions are sound doctrine
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent
GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE
10. extreme unction (last rites). This did NOT get introduced in 526 AD like your cult leaflet wishes people to believe.
James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church and let them pray over him, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of the faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven"
250 AD Origen wrote that the penitent Christian "does not shrink from declaring his sin to a priest of the Lord and from seeking medicine of which the Apostle James says (see above verse)"

11. Purgatory: "Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven" Rev 21:27
Christ refers to a sinner who will "not be forgiven in this age or the age to come" Matt 12:32
What happens if we are not 'clean enough' to go straight to Heaven and be in the presence of God, but are not filthy enough to go to Hell? 1cor 3:15 Paul says, "he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but ONLY AS THROUGH THE FIRE".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476082 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>I thought I knew your motives, Anthony. I used to describe you as the only true Catholic here.I can trust. But I didnt survive the streets or working in prisons by being a shmuck. You are done.
Sorry you feel that way Nick. My motives regarding the Orthodox faith have always been to be fair, honest and supportive. If I happen to find an Orthodox site which valiantly defends our similar beliefs I'm going to use it. I hope that won't offend you. Take care.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#476083 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I find it very disturbing that even Christians, let alone catholics cant seem to understand that something Happened in that Upper Room to those believers.
A Spiritual Experience that was Given to those Believers who had already Given their life to Christ ,Before this event.
Proof positive that people like Marge who has been told that you receive the Filling of the Holy Ghost when you first believe,
ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
Forgiveness of Sin and Salvation occur at your Initial Walk with God, but if you wish and you want, there is more for a person, who will seek the Holy Ghost. as they did.
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
With Obedience comes the Blessing. and they obeyed and they received.
Preston

Peace

Obedience to Who?...the words of a preacher?...yielding to one's emotionalism?...,or a moment of insight?

God may be able to do more with an adult than a child when initially saved, because an adult may have had experiences in life, such as the Apostle Paul. Sudden conversions and infilling of the Holy Spirit may be quick, or slow. It depends on God and the individual, ultimately God's Will and Purpose is fulfilled.

You "seem" to want God to do things tangentially, according to how you read and understand the Bible.

On Tuesday I went to a funeral at a Bible Church, and there were two preachers that spoke. One promised not to preach, but he did. The other preached. I sometimes wonder which one you are? All were offended by the first, none by the second.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#476084 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>My friend,there is no reflection with the Catholics here on the forum.There is little chance for the the exchange to move in the direction of dialogue. They will not veer off the GPS and the destination is "I must come out on top in the conversation". If I cant do it legitimately, I will come on top through misquoting the other person, lies, insult, or humiliation.I try to give thought to what is said by the other person and see whatever issue through their eyes. I find that some who disagree with my views nevertheless can make just as strong a case for their view.
Greatly stated! I have spent quite a few years on this thread,and no one has ever been converted to my way of thinking.I know my limitations as a human being,but there is something I know and with deepness,The Lord Jesus will have the last W o r d,and it will be confirmed by His WORD,the Holy Scriptures,I have no doubt about that!

So if I cannot set a clear path for anyone,it will not be held to my charge,but I can at least make an effort,of which is seen by Him who knows all things.If it were up to some of the posters on here,we would have to debacle our faith,and join them in living a life of sincere UNBELIEF! It is unbelief that continues to plague us Americans,we are so educated,and sophisticated in what we have materially.

It is a real pleasure at times to run into believers who have been through HELL,and back so they can share some sobriety as to what faith really is.

I always keep my ears open to brethren and sisters from countries that persecute the saints of God.I also open my ears to the poor,and those who are disadvataged,because many of them learn how to look at life without all the trimmings.I will listen most attentively to any person who has suffered much physically,and mentally in this life as well.People who suffer learn things that they would never have known but by the cost of the flesh.

God always will teach you,especially when you are most vulnerable.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#476085 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> on 8/25/82, My sins were taken away.
At least on that day, anyway--or have you not sinned since 1982
(OSAS)!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 286,074
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 min Mr About Town 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Aura Mytha 92,710
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Sky Writer 31 183,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Rider on the Storm 979,452
Everyone is a fool 1 hr Truthiness 4
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 3 hr Mszymanski 16
More from around the web