Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673303 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475962 Sep 12, 2013
YEAH TEAM FRANCIS!!

:o)
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475963 Sep 12, 2013
Who say that put up or shut up..its air.condition
really

Where is that in holy scripture?

Holy scripture say deference.

What a about who say 'complete yours'?

How you explain that with holy words?
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475964 Sep 12, 2013
Are you believing in saint of Set?

Not real Creator.

Do you realize what they set up not to understood?

I am not going try to be educated!
ed ad nothing at all
ed.u .cat. ed
aeiou
ad ed id od ud

You try make stupid someone.di.put.it.i=it it up id
Oh did you eat putaras beans its re-genetic green wide snow beans.
green snow=as on map describe winter weather
ohhhhhhhhhhh
Did i wrote before about 63 line as whorizontal.
Its not holy way..no.

Albuquerque, NM

#475965 Sep 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
“The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
&#8213; Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
Words of true wisdom for many so-called "Christians".

Self.

Thansk for posting - it follows along with what the Pope wrote about yesterday.

Thanks! I wonder how many people will actually take the time to contemplate their own behaviors and thoughts.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475966 Sep 12, 2013
o that secret cross words
yes

Its very easy answer.
Is that make any sense for you?
How I know?
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475967 Sep 12, 2013
no chiro chinemy you not diro
as koko pipo jes li opipo is dub vrong ich..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

i am not one of them..
no
neverrrrrrrrrrrr

n
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475968 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am telling you that God hates images carved and made to repesent HimHis Son and His handmaiden,because the false religions of the earth did that,and He does not want His people to mimic or have anything similar to the religions HE did NOT A u t h o r!"
Please cite how you are privy to the mind of God.
Thanks.
The Scriptures have the M I N D of God,Every Word,every sentence,and the Holy Spirit is at work to reveal to babes,and the lesser, those things that the educated MISS. But the point is made of what God has ordained of ancient times,and that HE has not CHANGED!

The Torah is still used today,Jews traditional,and converted to Yeshua,use them,the Tanach,the Prophets,and those converted to Yeshua use the New Covenant. I am not alone in this way of thinking if that is what you ask?

If God reveals anything to me it is through the Scriptures,and through intense prayer.But I am not without His compassion to realize that He has a FOLD within your framework Dan.But Dan, you would be amiss if you told me that all Catholics are on the same page about everything they do and practice.

Why should it bother you that I speak about disobedience,when your priests often tell their people that to be Pro-Choice for instance is disobedience? Yet many Catholics are pro-choice,and vehement about it.JUST for that example,not wanting to get on that subject,because if you are a Catholic who loves the Lord,you most likely are not pro-choice,but pro-life as I am.

Clay thinks that I am trying to antagonize Catholics,but the truth is that I am trying to show Catholics that all they believe is not black and white,but that by right of Scripture and the Holy Spirit,non-Catholic Christians having serious issues with Roman Catholicism,stand to debate the Catholic claim to be the only True Church,and that we all should submit to it!

We have as much ground to stand on to oppose the said claim of Catholicism to be the only true Apostolic Church,as they(the CC)contend having all the history in their favor.We can only see that the CC is property of the present day Roman Church,and there is no recognition that anyone is truly Catholic unless they belong to the Roman Catholic Church,under the leadership of the Pontifical Office of the Papacy.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475969 Sep 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you! you know in your heart that your intention was to provoke Nick and myself so you could7993 come back with an insult! Shame on you!
Wrong-o.

I found the link and it was a beautiful defense of our practice of venerating icons and statues. Period. The truth is I admitted it was an Orthodox site to Hermi only because I anticipated him attacking me for using it as he has done so often. I'm sorry you two are seeing things that aren't there Sera, I wish we had a better understanding of each other's motives.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475970 Sep 12, 2013
never put trust trough weed seed

usualy heart attack come quicly on chips as cheep whoredroom..

neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr

-don't lift up your soul in vain
whats so ever you have entire world
on the end you can be loser as your nonbelivers
then
Why i have to trust.
Where is as kvasac=as parasite growing up there is as cancer..
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now
Trough cell org come para site as holy Set..
but nothing to do with I'N'RI
ones when you push over-border as Z you coming to N to save you..
gol is 1;2 where is 12

-don't pretend with your lips

my son
listen what I say
i never sit in first chair
i never eat with who is first and better
i never trust who know to much

my son
my body mind and soul is been on INRI
remember not pain exist as i have
- there is a not love
- there is a not law
- there is a not Marcy
- there is a suffering
Don't forget that.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475971 Sep 12, 2013
Did you prosecuted me paul saul jeshua jesi cuja o je je je on je cuja he hear..
Who are you?

I am I'N'RI.

My Son

'its written'

-they not love its lips

necu=ucen u ljubavi skucen

Albuquerque, NM

#475972 Sep 12, 2013
Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....

"For Francis, there is no such thing as an “absolute truth” if that means a truth that can stand by itself “without any relationship.”

Pope Francis -“Truth, according to the Christian faith, is God’s love for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, truth is a relationship.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/pope...

Once again, the Pope provides evidence that we each, INDIVIDUALLY, have a relationship with "God" and not with some organization.

Self.

I now understand how this could be the last Pope to take that office.

Albuquerque, NM

#475973 Sep 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Scriptures have the M I N D of God,Every Word,every sentence,and the Holy Spirit is at work to reveal to babes,and the lesser, those things that the educated MISS. But the point is made of what God has ordained of ancient times,and that HE has not CHANGED!
No it isn't.

Why can't you be honest and admit it is only a collection of many men's mind?

I know - its hard, but I know you have it within you.

Albuquerque, NM

#475974 Sep 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
I have my beliefs and they have theirs.It's not a perfect world.
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is odd in how they think they can make it one when the world is so diverse in beliefs.
Come to think of it - Christianity is trying to become a "One World Religion" - one that they vehemently openly rebuke.

Hmmmm.....sounds like the ruse is nearing its end.
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475975 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the better explanations of the veneration of icons (applicable to statues as well) I've found anywhere on the Internet. Yes Hermi, it's from an Orthodox site.
http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/icon_bowing...
Anthony, you clearly are thick as a brick.
If you don't understand the meaning of an idol.
Mary is an idol, there is a plaster statue which is suppose to be her in every catholic church, that people adore with flowers lit candles to bow and pray to and kiss;;; this is worship in every since of the word.
First of all there shouldn't even be a statue of her, second you should never bow to it. God made that very clear.

I would like to also add that image!!!! how do you know it is Mary,
have you ever saw her did the people who made that staue no no no .
Third,in reality you don't even know who the image is fashioned after. You were told its Mary therefore you believe it.
Mary is never to be worshiped, worship is reserved for God alone Jesus even said that.

Fourth, we are to pray to God alone in the name of Jesus not Mary,
Jesus said to ask the Father anything in my name, "WHAT NAME?? IN JESUS' NAME" Jesus never said in My name, and in the name of my Mother Mary. If it were to be so Jesus would have said it.
Jesus set the example we were to follow while He was on earth and left instructions to follow, Jesus didn't change the O.T. scriptures He fulfilled them to the T so nothing is new under the sun.
Your catholic fathers added and subtract scriptures to build a religion on catholic laws and tradition, "NOT GOD'S COMMANDMENTS, OR GOD'S LAWS".
Mary, can't hear your prayers nor can she answer them, we have one mediator between us and God the Father It is His Son Jesus Christ.
All the idols you put in front of Jesus only puts you farther away from God.

Read the verse over and over to yourself Anthony Exodus 20;; Its not I who say (thou shall not it is God).
You can lie to yourself you can lie to me, but you can not lie to God.
Praying to and bowing before anything or anyone but God Himself in the Name of His Christ(WHICH MEANS ANOINTED ONE; IS IDOLATRY).
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#475976 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Physician heal thyself.
Every veil secretly desires to be lifted, except the veil of hypocrisy.

We ought to see far enough into a hypocrite to see even his sincerity. We ought to be interested in that darkest and most real part of a man in which dwell not the vices that he does not display, but the virtues that he cannot. And the more we approach the problems of human history with this keen and piercing charity, the smaller and smaller space we shall allow to pure hypocrisy of any kind.

G.K. CHESTERTON
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475977 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Words of true wisdom for many so-called "Christians".
Self.
Thansk for posting - it follows along with what the Pope wrote about yesterday.
Thanks! I wonder how many people will actually take the time to contemplate their own behaviors and thoughts.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
NASL <Jesus is Lord,He is the Son of God,He is the Son of Man>,Jesus is God Incarnate,not a god,nor part of God,but G o d Incarnate.
Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane sweat drops of Blood for the iniquities of the whole human race,and for what He was facing.
Jesus was arrested,accused of many things,his accusers lied and also inadvertently declared His true identity.The high priest rent his clothes and cursed Yeshua.
Jesus was humiliated by the Romans and King Herod,and He stayed quiet!
Jesus was questioned by Pontius Pilate,and later Scourged,spit upon,mocked and crowned with thorns, and of course after the Sanhedrin fought to get Him excecuted,Pontius Pilate sentenced Him to Crucifixion.
Jesus was forced to carry His part of the Cross,and we know He fell down several times,and was helped by Simeon,a Jew from another city.
Jesus was nailed to the Cross through His wrists,and FEET,and the cross was raised to the level where all could see Him in the torture of Death by crucifixion.
Jesus was mocked while on the Cross,and of course His beloved Mother was there and John the Apostle,along with Mary of Magdela and other women.All the rest of the Apostles scattered.Of course we know that Peter denied Him three times,and Judas hung himself because he betrayed our Lord and basically trapped Him for the Sanhedrin.
Jesus was quoted on the Cross as handing His precious mother to John the Apostle,telling the thief who believed in Him that they both would be in Paradise together,"Father forgive them(the world basically)for they know not what they are doing."
Jesus after saying He thirst,and the soldier tried to give Him the vinegar water mix in the sponge,He tried to breathe and He stated"It is Finished" gave up His spirit,died a full physical death.
Jesus was taken off the Cross after the Centurian lanced His Side,of which came water and blood, He was handed over to His Mother first,and later His body was given to two disciples to be taken to another man's grave.
As you know the Sanhedrin pleaded with the Romans to SECURE the grave,lesst the Apostles would steal the Body and claim Jesus had Risen.
Jesus Rose again from the dead by the Father's right Hand(The Father's Power to resurrect),He first showed Himself to the women especially Mary of Magdella,than the Apostles later.
Jesus was fully Risen with a glorified Body,it is not a spirit,but a Body that has both the properties of Human flesh and blood,and also the Spirit,and He sits at the Right Hand of His Father in glory,to wait till all His enemies are placed at His Feet.Jesus has the nail scars in His feet and Hands to prove who HE is rightly in all confirmation to what He both suffered and His resurrection Body.

Now tell me NASL what is it I should believe if I take in all of this and allow His Story here to become part of my life in Faith,Hope and Love?
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475978 Sep 12, 2013
1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.Thou shalt not kill.
7.Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8.Thou shalt not steal.
9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475979 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
Why can't you be honest and admit it is only a collection of many men's mind?
I know - its hard, but I know you have it within you.
"Get behind me Satan!"
Michael

Canada

#475980 Sep 12, 2013
Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....
"For Francis, there is no such thing as an “absolute truth” if that means a truth that can stand by itself “without any relationship.”
Pope Francis -“Truth, according to the Christian faith, is God’s love for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, truth is a relationship.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/pope...
Once again, the Pope provides evidence that we each, INDIVIDUALLY, have a relationship with "God" and not with some organization.
Self.
I now understand how this could be the last Pope to take that office.
NASL says.......Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....

Michael says......Yes!..and that angers and confuses catholics even more.

...organized religions of all faiths, have created barriers of hatred between all people. Reading any 10 posts on this forum proves that every time.

"I am right and you are not, and my God is better than your God, never worked before and it doesn't work today.

truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475981 Sep 12, 2013
Why you think pope liked be married?
no
some voice say..

Do you lake me?

o well every lake is nice
you can walk around
as well re-walk

All pope is free.
We say that walk without shoes.
as moj go gol ubice gu gu gu as bird
Are you for sure you not looking from big point toward small as Air.condition..is very hot there..
where in that chinmey huuu huuuuuuuuu uuuuuuu
o black ugljesan si ugledan ugljesa a selo lug u lugu=from ash ptica bird cijucijucijucijuciju
a u ciju in two tree four..see division

its not that as complite love
nooooooooooooooo

my Son
never trust nice lips
trough that hips liars
taunge can put fire and burn all forest and everything

be careful my Son

Did you know why army choose colorful cloth?
-never trust colorful character
'if suffering not teach your mother
then you did not know nothing'

Did Jesus recommend something?
n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min nanoanomaly 981,315
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,725
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 58 min andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,296
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr _Drifter 4,052
More from around the web