Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653558 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475915 Sep 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE IS NOT MY POPE ..
On the contrary!!! EVERY ONE of you 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting (self-interpreting) bible only Protestant denominations are your own (individual) popes........ Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about HIS Church and the authority He granted to His Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God, but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be, because it cannot interpret itself! The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to understand what it actually means. This is why Catholics have the "greatest love" for Scripture. We want to ensure that it is properly interpreted and not abused with false, contradicting and heretical interpretations that continue to divide, fracture, separate and disunite the body of Christ that has been so "blatantly done" since the Reformation.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475916 Sep 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary!!! EVERY ONE of you 42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting (self-interpreting) bible only Protestant denominations are your own (individual) popes........ Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about HIS Church and the authority He granted to His Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God, but it is not the only authority for Christians. It can't be, because it cannot interpret itself! The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to understand what it actually means. This is why Catholics have the "greatest love" for Scripture. We want to ensure that it is properly interpreted and not abused with false, contradicting and heretical interpretations that continue to divide, fracture, separate and disunite the body of Christ that has been so "blatantly done" since the Reformation.
A recent poll proves that 70% of Catholics do not believe they are eating the flesh of Christ and drinking His blood at mass........

Nuns are arguing with the vatacan....they want to be priests..some have left the church because of this disagreement..

The Catholic Church's Teaching on Birth Control - Ascension ...
www.ascensioncatholic.net/TOPICS/morality/Bir ... ;

Today, it is generally accepted that about 80% of Catholics do not follow the generally accepted teachings of Humanae Vitae when it comes to using different forms of birth control.

Have more if you are interested....
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475917 Sep 12, 2013
Why you liked genetic cd?

Did Lucifer fall as well why?

Where is first perfect creation?

Why you support genetic killers?
If you not support genetic killers then why you need died!

Are you terrorist?
Who swear to be prosecutors of Christians?
Did they are killers?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475919 Sep 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
continued
xxxxxxx
please show.... from God's word...that these inventions are sound doctrine
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent A.D. 998
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
25. Celibacy of priests declared A.D. 1079
26. Rosary adopted (pagan) by Peter the Hermit A.D. 1090
27. The Inquisition instituted by Council of Verona A.D. 1184
28. Sale of indulgences A.D. 1190
29. Seven Sacraments, defined by Peter Lombard 12th c.
30. Transubstantiation, defined by Innocent III A.D. 1215
31. Auricular confession (Rite of reconciliation) of sins to a priest instead of
God, instituted by Innocent III A.D. 1215
32. Adoration of the wafer (called the Host), decreed by Pope Honorius III A.D.
33. Scapular invented by Simon Stock of England A.D. 1251
34. The cup forbidden to the laity at communion by Council of Constance A.D.
35. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma by the Council of Florence in A.D. 1439
36. Tradition declared of equal authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent
A.D. 1545
37. Apocryphal books are added to the Bible by the Council of Trent A.D. 1546
38. Creed of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed in place of the original
Apostolic Creed A.D. 1560
39. Immaculate Conception of Mary (not virgin birth) proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
A.D. 1854
40. Syllabus of Errors proclaimed by Pope Pius IX and ratified by the Vatican
Council; condemned freedom of religion, conscience, speech, press and scientific
discoveries which are disapproved by the Roman Church; asserted the Pope's
temporal au
GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE
This is almost exactly like OldJG's slander he posted last week. Too bad you didn't pay attention to the rebuttal. He didn't get one single thing right and neither did you. Do you have a link so we can see exactly what sort of website you pulled this off of?
If I show you your errors, will you acknowledge it and pray for forgiveness? Will you cease continuing spreading this stuff?

The thing is, i don't care what you personally believe. Nobody on this forum has had the privilege of being enlightened to the truth of our faith like you have, confrint. And nobody has completely ignored it like you have either.

If it wasn't for the fact that this forum turns up on simple search engines throughout the world, i wouldn't bother refuting your crap above. Vulnerable people are searching for Christ with a sincere heart. But then they run into you and the others and see all these lies about The Catholic Church. That's usually how people end up in your sects. They are led there by misleading info.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475920 Sep 12, 2013
Stolen identity and parallel systems.

Did you know who they are?

Is that crime?

yes it is..

What so ever they think they are save trough corupt criminal organization they are not?
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475921 Sep 12, 2013
Are you victim of organize crime and decivers?
If are you victim of organize crime and victimize so long from corupt organization where you can go..trough corupt law which control and reject every victim make more victim.

Did you support that sort of law?

Are you going used law law eye for eye teeth for theet.

In that case did you need asked any authority which making fraud and abuse power every day.

read more
stolen identity is crime..
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475922 Sep 12, 2013
continued
xxxxxxx
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
24. The Mass developed gradually as a sacrifice, attendance made obligatory 11th
c.
31. Auricular confession (Rite of reconciliation) of sins to a priest instead of
God, instituted by Innocent III A.D. 1215
32. Adoration of the wafer (called the Host), decreed by Pope Honorius III A.D.
33. Scapular invented by Simon Stock of England A.D. 1251
34. The cup forbidden to the laity at communion by Council of Constance A.D.
35. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma by the Council of Florence in A.D. 1439
36. Tradition declared of equal authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent
A.D. 1545
37. Apocryphal books are added to the Bible by the Council of Trent A.D. 1546
38. Creed of Pope Pius IV imposed as the official creed in place of the original
Apostolic Creed A.D. 1560
39. Immaculate Conception of Mary (not virgin birth) proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
A.D. 1854
40. Syllabus of Errors proclaimed by Pope Pius IX and ratified by the Vatican
Council; condemned freedom of religion, conscience, speech, press and scientific
discoveries which are disapproved by the Roman Church; asserted the Pope's
temporal authority over all civil rulers A.D. 1864
1. The English word "Priest" is derived from the Greek word Presbuteros, which is commonly rendered into the English Bible as "elder" or "Presbyter". It's not a definition problem, Confrint. Its a Bible translation problem you have.

2. The Sacerdotal Mass wasn't instituted in the 3rd century it was instituted by Our Lord. Paul says "For I received from the Lord what I also give to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said "this is my Body which is for you". We received the Mass from the Apostles. They taught us exactly what it is and who can perform it.
Jesus was a Jew and so were His Apostles. They set up a special Priesthood for Christianity just like God did for Judaism. Exodus 28:1 "Then bring near to you Aaron your brother, and his sons with him,from among the sons of Israel to serve me as Priests. 2and you shall make Holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and beauty. And you shall speak to all who have ability, whom I have endowed with an able mind that they make Aarons garments to consecrate for my Priesthood".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475923 Sep 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>She has a point and both you and I know it.Its obvious. I was watching EWTN and saw a woman not just praying before a statue of St Peter but very emotionally rubbing the statues foot. The same with the Orthodox. If someone saw me kiss an icon they would think I was worshiping the icon.But the Catholics here can never ever lower themselves to say someone may have a point.. Then a few attack like dogs. Rose was clear in what she said. You played the typical game.I'll watch whatever I want to watch. erhaps you want to talk about those in both our churches that abuse icons or do cross over from veneration to worship of the holy mother. We both know it happens.So take a spoonful of sugar as the medicine goes down.
Worrying about how someone else regards my religious practice isn't sufficient for me to consider changing my practice.

They can worry about themselves instead.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475925 Sep 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This forum isn't about what the Pope said about the orthodox church.Its about what he said about the catholic church.Even if my ox was being gored,I wouldn't repeat myself a million times......I only responded to LTM because of your comment on Roses post about orthodox kissing icons.I felt like your were trying to draw nick or me in so I made the reply to LTM. Otherwise,I would not have responded because the icon/statue sudject was explained ...how many times???..so no I was not awfully quick to reply about icon.frankly,it does not bother me if people disagree with what I believe. I replyed to LTM for your sake not mine..
Riiiiiight.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475926 Sep 12, 2013
continued
xxxxxxx
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
c.

3. Prayers for the dead did not begin in 300 AD. The Jewish services offer prayers for the dead called "El Maleh Rahcamim". The sacred Book of Maccabees records Jews doing this: "for if we were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superflous and foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pius thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin" Macc 12: 38-46

In the NT, Paul prays for a deceased man, 2tim 1:16 "May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiph'orus, for he often refreshed me; he was not ashamed of my chains, but when he arrived in Rome he searched for me eagerly and found me- may THE LORD GRANT HIM TO FIND MERCY FROM THE LORD ON THAT DAY- and you well know all the services he rendered at Ephesus"
Onesiph'orus is already dead, Paul prays for the day he stands before the Lord.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475927 Sep 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony For once try to learn how to use the internet for a productive purpose.You have denied everything that is true about the Catholic church and said everything is true that is false about the Orthodox.
I always know I can count on you.Yes my big secret is out!!! Oh Lions and Tigers and Bears!!!! Oh my!!! I have written here about our theology re icons before. Oh no!!! LTM is evil!!! LTM is attacking my church!~! I must defend it!!!! Be for real.Get out of your limited Catholic bubble and look at real life. I could post 5 posts explaining use of the icons in detail, the incarnation, etc.I could give you a 100 page thesis on it.. Is LTM going to change her mind??? Is my church going to be destroyed because LTM does not agree with icons???? I know LTM's position. If she has been here she knows my position. I have an adult mature faith.Its not like the Catholics here arguing over who is the best baseball team. Grow up.You think Christ is proud of you when you attack people and play games with them like you do because you are defending him?? Christ is proud of you when you present your position in a Christlike manner.You are defending your own ego. Thats what you are defending.
No need to get pissy. I linked a good explanation for LTM. Hopefully she'll read it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475928 Sep 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is almost exactly like OldJG's slander he posted last week. Too bad you didn't pay attention to the rebuttal. He didn't get one single thing right and neither did you. Do you have a link so we can see exactly what sort of website you pulled this off of?
If I show you your errors, will you acknowledge it and pray for forgiveness? Will you cease continuing spreading this stuff?
The thing is, i don't care what you personally believe. Nobody on this forum has had the privilege of being enlightened to the truth of our faith like you have, confrint. And nobody has completely ignored it like you have either.
If it wasn't for the fact that this forum turns up on simple search engines throughout the world, i wouldn't bother refuting your crap above. Vulnerable people are searching for Christ with a sincere heart. But then they run into you and the others and see all these lies about The Catholic Church. That's usually how people end up in your sects. They are led there by misleading info.
~~~
IF YOU WANT US TO KNOW THE TRUTH...AS YOU SAY ...

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IS TRUTH,

WHY DON'T YOU STOP THE MYSTERY AND TELL US WHAT YOU BELIEVE..

I DON'T USE LINKS...

IF MY LIST IS WRONG THEN CATEGORICALLY REFUTE IT...

IN THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM...

NO ONE HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO CATEGORICALLY DEFINE WHAT ROMAN CATHOLICS BELIEVE.

PERSONALLY I HAVE CONCLUDED....

YOU DON'T KNOW AND CANNOT DEFINE ALL THE CONJECTURE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVES...YOURSELF.

I doubt that you can tell us what they believe...

My question is...TO YOU

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

PLEASE DON'T WASTE MY TIME QUOTING SOME COMPOSER

THAT IS DECOMPOSING..
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475929 Sep 12, 2013
Do you liked predators face?

How you will find predators indention?

Look head..look complete shape of head?

Did you know old cherubim which shape of face have?

Do you liked be control?

Any system as well parallel system any creation of that can be very easy destroy.

Who me?

not me

But its exist something what others who tray control but they did not know who how where when as well why?
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475930 Sep 12, 2013
Do you know name of police volice nevolice?

How many 'plants' our lovely God have?
We speak about ants.

Now we speak about bee?
find about them..
look face small and long
try describe

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475931 Sep 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"The greatest love for scripture"?How about love for man.You can not force people into your faith as your church has tried to do in its past history.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475932 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to get pissy. I linked a good explanation for LTM. Hopefully she'll read it.
~~~

WHAT DOES YOU USES OF THE SLANG WORD "pissy" SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

WHY DO YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS STOOP TO SUCH LANGUAGE...

CAN YOU DEFINE THE WORD IN A DICTIONARY...

IT SURELY DOES NOT SHOW RESPECT..

IS IT NOT AN OUTWARD SHOWING OF AN INWARD ROTTENNESS?

AS I HAVE POSTED BEFORE...YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS EVIDENTLY HAVE NO STANDARD OF HOLINESS.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:

==>but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.<--
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475933 Sep 12, 2013
Which function have as 'plants' to do about what?
pl ant$
What a about plain b ee?
Who how where as well why?
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/19-9.htm

police volice nevolice
you can find many false

see

I catch you..
who
meeeeeee
no no no
you need police volice or nevolise
vol
tray wall walet money they do that because of money
vol=ox=londering money londornes london as bombon
did you have any moneythief as babun

Location hidden

#475934 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you! you know in your heart that your intention was to provoke Nick and myself so you could7993 come back with an insult! Shame on you!

Location hidden

#475935 Sep 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight.
Riiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475936 Sep 12, 2013
see love
volice nevolise=love and not love
explain

love for man

transformation
trans.format.ion
f.or.mat
see as butterfly
love=lubav=vabul=vocabulator=v oca.bula.tor
aeiou
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxwz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min crystal 973,527
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min DebraE 106,460
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 48 min NoStress4me 63,173
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,807
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web