Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#475879 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Anthony, everyone here knows that the orthodox have icons. Thats no secret. I don't feel the need to explain the Orthodox view a million times. Once, twice, maybe three times after that I am done. No need to explain anything and more. I have my beliefs and they have theirs.It's not a perfect world.
99% of the attacks coming from these folks are directed at the Catholic Church. When LTM attacks the veneration of icons you're awfully quick to respond. I appreciate your comments here sera, but it's easy when your ox isn't being gored.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475880 Sep 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
CONTINUEDXXXXXXX
ALL THE INVENTIONS IN MY FORMER POST,,,
AS APPOSED TO...
SOUND DOCTRINE BY EXAMPLE FROM GOD'S WORD
THE WORDS OF JESUS
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Luk_19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
THE MAN THAT WAS BORN BLIND THAT JESUS HEALED
Joh 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
Joh 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
Joh 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
THE THIEF ON THE CROSS..
Luk 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
PAUL AND SILAS.
Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
THE Ethiopian EUNUCH
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
~~~
~~~

THE ABOVE IS INDISPUTABLE SOUND DOCTRINE...FROM THE WORD OF GOD

NOW WOULD ONE OF YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS be so kind as to

oblige the rest of us...

by presenting scriptural text from the word of God...

to validate your dogma...rituals and calisthenics...

start any where you want...

give book chapter and verses please...

If you don't/can't then you are believing lies...

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

#475881 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Kay get home today or is that tomorrow ??
God willing ...I will bring her home tomorrow..

Thanks for asking...

got to catch some zzzzzz

Blessings

G.I.F.

#475882 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "inventions" are misleading, misrepresentations, down right falsifications and based on ignorance.
If you were 30 years younger you might not be so invincibly and stubbornly ignorant. You have my prayers confrint.
~~~

If you are going to pray to some dead person and disturb their rest...

don't disquiet them on my account....

1Sa 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul,

-->Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? <---

And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

1Sa 28:16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?

If you were on speaking terms with God through Jesus Christ His Son...

You would not have to bring up the dead to confer with them..

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 ---> Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. <---
truth

Caversham, Australia

#475883 Sep 11, 2013
Why you liked verticals blind?
$ look japan as hidden symbol sim tel bol mob ob tel
and great Britain
Did they know what they sustain.
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Do you liked payment as stripe on your docket?

explan jesus ch
see
susech chuche cuti cessssssssss
kad cujes
cujes liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iii
hello did you hear me..mob ob ill tel..

Hello did you hear me!
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475884 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
99% of the attacks coming from these folks are directed at the Catholic Church. When LTM attacks the veneration of icons you're awfully quick to respond. I appreciate your comments here sera, but it's easy when your ox isn't being gored.
This forum isn't about what the Pope said about the orthodox church.Its about what he said about the catholic church.Even if my ox was being gored,I wouldn't repeat myself a million times......I only responded to LTM because of your comment on Roses post about orthodox kissing icons.I felt like your were trying to draw nick or me in so I made the reply to LTM. Otherwise,I would not have responded because the icon/statue sudject was explained ...how many times???..so no I was not awfully quick to reply about icon.frankly,it does not bother me if people disagree with what I believe. I replyed to LTM for your sake not mine..
truth

Caversham, Australia

#475885 Sep 11, 2013
Are you jealous?
hello

Did you drink glass on ex?

Who do that which sort of spirit connect with neurons?

bitter bitter bitter
someone who have bitter life
What a about bitter book as chip chipy chips chiep o geee its hip hip hip happy birthday..

bi rt h day
see
rt=island which one
rt=tr as tara terra
o you prince of tireeeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Caversham, Australia

#475886 Sep 11, 2013
otirac i brisac as brisel washington and brisell

see
words sorri

sori=destruction
nemoj sorit=no destruction

see terra teresa

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475887 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose isn't giving us anything terribly intelligent nor researched here, Herm.
Her basic take is "I know it's not idolatry, but what will the neighbors think?", as if that's some ecclesial goal to be served.
She places the onus on Catholics to not do something because her protestant brothers and sisters (not HER, of course, but others) may find it unseemly.
Don't watch us if it bugs you.
She has a point and both you and I know it.Its obvious. I was watching EWTN and saw a woman not just praying before a statue of St Peter but very emotionally rubbing the statues foot. The same with the Orthodox. If someone saw me kiss an icon they would think I was worshiping the icon.But the Catholics here can never ever lower themselves to say someone may have a point.. Then a few attack like dogs. Rose was clear in what she said. You played the typical game.I'll watch whatever I want to watch. erhaps you want to talk about those in both our churches that abuse icons or do cross over from veneration to worship of the holy mother. We both know it happens.So take a spoonful of sugar as the medicine goes down.
truth

Caversham, Australia

#475888 Sep 11, 2013
How you call someone who have gorko u srcu..heavy bitter heart.

orthodox paradox horda ox
horde volova ili bizona

parasite as mekusci live in sea as star fish spounge
snails and so on
Whats deference between parasite and horde as cell conected to each other..
if you go interfer into cell of horde ox e what you will do to be destroyer as sori..or what

see
bible teach you about
good seeds and very bad seeds
re-genetic seeds come as organization as horde ox
see

if they going trough cell
call cell cill coll cul

whats deference between call and cell
hello

mum
Are you for sure I am wrong?
hello

Do you liked wet roses ..its represent tears.

To concern to whom
Who not forget his tears?

“New Life”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#475889 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry rose, your numbers are dead wrong.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/201...
Are you reading the same thing ..seriously

The PEW site was 45percent CATholic for him in 2008

This one says,50percent Catholics still voted for him in 2012 after Four years .

I thought maybe by you comment thINGS had changed in four years ..

They got worse ..just think if all those religiously minded people had NOT voted for the MOST PRO ABORTII N GUY ..oh well ..

It's,sad ..And your Church did come out a few years ago EITH guidelines

I'm not sure about the local priests,..I really don't know .

We reap what we sow.

Location hidden

#475890 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how she'd react if she saw Orthodox Christians as they venerated icons. Perhaps you'd try to tell her that while you're kissing the icon and signing yourself that you're not worshipping it, even though to her it would APPEAR you are. Or perhaps you'd not say a word and let her continue in her ignorance.
==========
Why dont you quit hiding behind the Orthodox Church. For once stand on your own church and be a man.Everyone here knows the Orthodox have icons.And I know they dont. And you know what,Miss Anthony? So what.
Christ is their Savior and Christ is my Savior.It isnt about whose church is bigger or badder blah blah blah.Its about Christ.

Location hidden

#475891 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
DEAREST FATHER GOD
we come yo you today in REMEMBRANCE ..of a horrid s t of hatred that affected so many people .
We ask you to remember those who died ..to comfort their friends and families .
To bless the first responders ..some of whom are ill from their efforts .
We pray for healing in the world so that this hatred
Can end .
May we all live in Peace .
In Jesus name . AMEN
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
I still cannot watch this without crying ..
A daughter of God????

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Location hidden

#475892 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This forum isn't about what the Pope said about the orthodox church.Its about what he said about the catholic church.Even if my ox was being gored,I wouldn't repeat myself a million times......I only responded to LTM because of your comment on Roses post about orthodox kissing icons.I felt like your were trying to draw nick or me in so I made the reply to LTM. Otherwise,I would not have responded because the icon/statue sudject was explained ...how many times???..so no I was not awfully quick to reply about icon.frankly,it does not bother me if people disagree with what I believe. I replyed to LTM for your sake not mine..
Of course he was. Its the same old song baby just like the Four Tops laid it down.

“New Life”

Location hidden

#475893 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This forum isn't about what the Pope said about the orthodox church.Its about what he said about the catholic church.Even if my ox was being gored,I wouldn't repeat myself a million times......I only responded to LTM because of your comment on Roses post about orthodox kissing icons.I felt like your were trying to draw nick or me in so I made the reply to LTM. Otherwise,I would not have responded because the icon/statue sudject was explained ...how many times???..so no I was not awfully quick to reply about icon.frankly,it does not bother me if people disagree with what I believe. I replyed to LTM for your sake not mine..
Actually what I was trying to convey was appearance ..people going in to a store kidding a statue who has wet marks under the eyes .

I'm not doing that if I go in Church but did the Church ever consider
That some might just BE worshipping the statue thinking of it as a home for Mary..many people are not that educated ..do not understand theology .

And some of theses scenes of people in parades rival David And the ARK
which at that time held God's/ presence ...

And it appears that people are worshipping the,statue ...

Those people usually worshipped heavy e n knows what until the missionaries came to their Country ...by having the statues And the ceremonies around it ..does that no represent the near occasion to sin for the people .

They do not bother me personally at all ..I'm for worship of God
In any Church that is of sound doctrine ..I like my local Cath o luv Church ..it's beautiful ...

That was not my point ..I had been commenting to Pad ..And I see his point .

.I'm trying to say the appearance of sinning publicly was discussed by the apostles as stumbling blocks to the faith of others ..which seems to be a point Anthony ignores.

Location hidden

#475894 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan I phrased that badly ..I know,WHAT IT IS ..I was in sodality blue capes and all ..
I mean to the world this crowning of the statue appears as idolatry .
Did not the apostles warn of acts that can be construed as sins by non believers ...
For myself I still go in Catholic church at times ..yo the station's on Good Friday to remember ...as I think Churches should commemorate THST day ...
Our little CHURCH did once ..just quiet meditation ..before we merged.
But I digress ..I talk to God THEre ..Not the statues.
But as a kid ..And to outsiders ..it does appear the stat u e of Mary I'd an idol when she is crowned ..just saying
Plus countries and communities where they parade the Mary statue through the streets ...it most certainly looks like idol worship
If, as you say, Catholics don't worship Mary, than your pope is an imposter!!!!

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

What does "in worship" mean???!!!!!!

“New Life”

Location hidden

#475895 Sep 11, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he was. Its the same old song baby just like the Four Tops laid it down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wYoLQc-x5gXX
I love that ..And them..And lol forgot to change my sign in ..I was doing something else on Topix...I love this pic had to use it as an avatars .....

Ain't she cute ... lol...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475896 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The icons in my church are not idols.The are pictures of events of the Bible and of the Holy family and of the saints.We do not worship these pictures(icons).The are there to remind us of the life of Christ and his suffering.Also they are a reminder for all of us to be humble and to strive to live a Christian life that is pleasing to God.
There is no one good but One, let alone Holy.

Location hidden

#475897 Sep 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!! For the 1st 1300 years of the Church, icons (statues where used exclusively in the Churches because there was no bible (as we know it today) until the 17th century. Statutes were used by "all Christians" for visual images, as they depicted what the biblical individuals looked like, in the abstract!!---i.e Moses, John the Baptist,the Blessed Mother, Jesus. etc....NO ONE was worshiping any idols, statutes, graven images or an object!! You "fundies" really need to get a grip on reality of what the Catholic Church ACTUALLY, believes, teaches and how and who they worship!!!!!
Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship. What do "in worship" mean?????
POPE PRAYER TO MARY.
Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(
On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).
John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

Location hidden

#475898 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the better explanations of the veneration of icons (applicable to statues as well) I've found anywhere on the Internet. Yes Hermi, it's from an Orthodox site.
http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/icon_bowing...
Anthony For once try to learn how to use the internet for a productive purpose.You have denied everything that is true about the Catholic church and said everything is true that is false about the Orthodox.
I always know I can count on you.Yes my big secret is out!!! Oh Lions and Tigers and Bears!!!! Oh my!!! I have written here about our theology re icons before. Oh no!!! LTM is evil!!! LTM is attacking my church!~! I must defend it!!!! Be for real.Get out of your limited Catholic bubble and look at real life. I could post 5 posts explaining use of the icons in detail, the incarnation, etc.I could give you a 100 page thesis on it.. Is LTM going to change her mind??? Is my church going to be destroyed because LTM does not agree with icons???? I know LTM's position. If she has been here she knows my position. I have an adult mature faith.Its not like the Catholics here arguing over who is the best baseball team. Grow up.You think Christ is proud of you when you attack people and play games with them like you do because you are defending him?? Christ is proud of you when you present your position in a Christlike manner.You are defending your own ego. Thats what you are defending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web