Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
459,041 - 459,060 of 532,517 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the Church began in the east, and the Catholic Church is still present there. We're present in every area of the planet. The Orthodox Church (although highly respected amongst the 22 Catholic Churches) do not have the markings of the true Church. The true Church must be visible for the world to see.
well Jesus says one must be born-again to see the kingdom of heaven so I doubt most of the world has a clue to what the true church looks like.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and still no response or answer to "where 'God' specifically states which texts are inspired by "Him" and which are not.
Yep - you so-called "Christians" love to divert from the facts.
Typical.
What are you afraid of admitting to the truth?
Afraid to lose friends?
Afraid to lose your faith and hope?
Afraid to face reality and the facts?
What is it Dan?
I know, you would rather live a lie based upon man's version of "God".
Gotcha.
.....and unless you're really, really old, you yourself adhere to "man's version of "God"", as I believe the origins of Gnosticism predate you.

"Self" indeed. "Self" as taught to you in Gnosticism.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Pleeeeaasse...Angles are not sexual beings. Angels do not have reproductive organs, and of course do not reproduce. Let's have a little more integrety with the truth. It seems that everyone on here is an authority on the bible and bible history.
The,sons of God ..angels knew,the daughters of men ..we don't know how they did this ..maybe through possessing humans,..But the children of theses unions were Nephil ..an attempt to corrupt the human race and thus the seed of the WOMAN ....

To me it's obvious that after the flood this,was no longer allowed to happen ....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Pleeeeaasse...Angles are not sexual beings. Angels do not have reproductive organs, and of course do not reproduce. Let's have a little more integrety with the truth. It seems that everyone on here is an authority on the bible and bible history.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

6:4
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well Jesus says one must be born-again to see the kingdom of heaven so I doubt most of the world has a clue to what the true church looks like.
That is Odd because Paul a member of the Church did know. I really dont think when he gives someone over to Satan they would have a problem finding a Protestant church today that would say its ok.

Ephesians 3:

7 Of this gospel I have become a servant according to the gift of Godís grace that was given me by the working of his power. 8 Although I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given to me to bring to the Gentiles the news of the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make everyone see what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in[ God who created all things; 10 so that THROUGH THE CHURCH the wisdom of God in its rich variety might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You insist that I hew to your version, do you not?
No I don't. I asked you to post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

It has nothing to do with my belief.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a man, and you have a version of "God", which you obviously believe has no burden of proof.

Untrue again. My version of "God" cannot be proven. I'm honest about that.

You, on the other hand, seem to have a hard time with being honest with me and others, so you continue with your charade, probably hoping others will applaud you.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only mine, apparently, has a burden of proof.
You do want to believe in the "truth", right? So seek it out and make notes.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained how and/or why canon was developed. You can take it or leave it.
Your explanation is dribble and really irrelevant to the points I've addressed. Unless you think man is greater than "God" and has more knowledge than "God" to determine the veracity of the texts. You won't admit this either, so why bother even point ing this fact out, too.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to get some facts from you, NASL.
I have provided many. What others are you looking for?

Are you afraid to seek out those facts yourself?
- You must, because you are coming to me for the answers.

Are you always this lazy and ignorant when it comes to your religion?
- I can hear you now - "Why? I have the limited teachings of Jesus that men gave me, I need no others."

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and unless you're really, really old, you yourself adhere to "man's version of "God"", as I believe the origins of Gnosticism predate you.
"Self" indeed. "Self" as taught to you in Gnosticism.
Ah yes - the ol' "you adhere to men". I bring it to the forefront and show the world why Christianity is bogus, and then you throw the same argument at me, yet not once ADMITTING that you do the same.

Typical deception and dishonesty from a Catholic.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

<quoted text>
No I don't. I asked you to post where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.
It has nothing to do with my belief.
<quoted text>
Untrue again. My version of "God" cannot be proven. I'm honest about that.
You, on the other hand, seem to have a hard time with being honest with me and others, so you continue with your charade, probably hoping others will applaud you.
<quoted text>
You do want to believe in the "truth", right? So seek it out and make notes.
<quoted text>
Your explanation is dribble and really irrelevant to the points I've addressed. Unless you think man is greater than "God" and has more knowledge than "God" to determine the veracity of the texts. You won't admit this either, so why bother even point ing this fact out, too.
<quoted text>
I have provided many. What others are you looking for?
Are you afraid to seek out those facts yourself?
- You must, because you are coming to me for the answers.
Are you always this lazy and ignorant when it comes to your religion?
- I can hear you now - "Why? I have the limited teachings of Jesus that men gave me, I need no others."
*sighs*
Stop the theatrical sighing along enough to grab a thesaurus.

It's "drivel", not "dribble".

God didn't leave us a table of contents RE: divinely inspired scripture. This confounds the Sola Scriptura protestant, but doesn't bother me as my faith isn't based solely upon scripture.

I'm fine here.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

<quoted text>
Ah yes - the ol' "you adhere to men". I bring it to the forefront and show the world why Christianity is bogus, and then you throw the same argument at me, yet not once ADMITTING that you do the same.
I admit to following the teachings of the Church Christ founded for that purpose. No problem there.

You simply run "self" out in homage to Gnostic philosophy and hope I ignore the fact that someone other than you came up with it.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if you think Catholics are born again or not. In fact, it really really doesn't matter..

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the theatrical sighing along enough to grab a thesaurus.
It's "drivel", not "dribble".
God didn't leave us a table of contents RE: divinely inspired scripture. This confounds the Sola Scriptura protestant, but doesn't bother me as my faith isn't based solely upon scripture.
I'm fine here.
Thanks for correcting me. You feel better now?

But the "dribble" coming out of your mouth isn't any better.

Is this the best you have - and still nothing on which texts "God" inspired.

Got it. You don't have any.

Yet you still think men can define an infallible being.

*dramatically sighs*

Quit your whining and start being honest for a change.

"but doesn't bother me as my faith isn't based solely upon scripture."
- I know - you base it upon men and their lack of knowledge. You fit in well.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Jesus taught the faith. Right? The Apostles spread this faith to the world. They did not teach things from men then. They taught things from Jesus Christ.
Their disciples ie fathers of the early Church, taught what they learned from the Apostles- who learned from the mouth of Jesus. Follow?

One thing the Apostles taught, was to obey the authority of the valid Bishop. Here is what one of their students said about this: "It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid"

"Do all things in harmony with God; with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priest presiding with the council of the Apostles and the Deacons so dear to me, responsible for the business of Jesus Christ"

"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"

As you can see, there is some sort of authority in place. Christ installed a way for humanity to receive the truth of His Ministry. He certainly didn't rely on a bunch of knucklehead preaches with the writings from some of His Apostles that they attempt to decipher 2,000 yrs later!

So you accuse us of merely following men, but that's not really true. The men we follow are safeguarding the truths that Jesus taught. They are not inventing their personal opinions on what He taught.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

BTW Dan - that is still Self.

No religion or RCC required.

Just think - you could have done all that you have done without being a Catholic.

Bummer for you.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit to following the teachings of the Church Christ founded for that purpose. No problem there.
'I admit to following the teachings of the Church'
- no Jesus involved. Gotcha. Jsut a bunch of "Paul" and others.

DOH!!
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply run "self" out in homage to Gnostic philosophy and hope I ignore the fact that someone other than you came up with it.
No I don't. You are projecting again.

You should already know all the stuff I write, as it is history.

But alas, you chose a different path, huh? One that places man in the "high chair" being spoon fed by other men.

Don't play me, Dan, your nonsense won't work with me. Try the Pentecostal and Baptist, they are more suited to here your "dribble".

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught the faith. Right?

And what "faith" is that? Your question is vague, considering "faith" is generated from within a person through learning and action. Self. No religion required.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles spread this faith to the world.

Speculative.

Christianity only utilizes less than six of the original Apostles, so your argument is less than half correct.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not teach things from men then.

All the Apostles are men, as was Jesus. So you are either trying to deceive others by misleading them in their perception or you are purposely being vague and incomplete in your thought.

Which is it?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They taught things from Jesus Christ.
Yes - all but one of the 13 Apostles were taught by Jesus.

What is your point?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Their disciples ie fathers of the early Church, taught what they learned from the Apostles- who learned from the mouth of Jesus. Follow?
So you accept only less than six Apostles.

Please state where "God" specifically states that any of these individuals are just as inspired as Thomas? Please provide the link and/or support for your answer.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing the Apostles taught, was to obey the authority of the valid Bishop.

...and to obey the authority and teachings of Jesus, in which you refuse to do so.

Why?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what one of their students said about this: "It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, Thus will be safe and valid"
"Do all things in harmony with God; with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priest presiding with the council of the Apostles and the Deacons so dear to me, responsible for the business of Jesus Christ"
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church"
So? One could not do any of these requests without themselves taking action. Self.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As you can see, there is some sort of authority in place.
Men are not authorized to be my superior. Maybe for you, not for me.

Why don't you let "God" or Jesus be your authority for a change?

Oh wait, you first have to believe in what Jesus taught in order to do this.

You're a fraud.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ installed a way for humanity to receive the truth of His Ministry. He certainly didn't rely on a bunch of knucklehead preaches with the writings from some of His Apostles that they attempt to decipher 2,000 yrs later!
That's right, although you do exactly this, except you take the ramblings of men from 1800+ years.

DOH!!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you accuse us of merely following men, but that's not really true. The men we follow are safeguarding the truths that Jesus taught. They are not inventing their personal opinions on what He taught.
Then prove it.

Please state where "God" specifically states which texts are "of His" inspiration and which are not?

You can do this, right? You seem to know alot about what "God" inspired and what he didn't.

Or are you like Dan and other so-called "Christians" and refuse to be honest and truthful - IN FRONT OF GOD!??

Yeah - just what I thought. We'll see, huh?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

<quoted text>
Thanks for correcting me. You feel better now?
But the "dribble" coming out of your mouth isn't any better.
Is this the best you have - and still nothing on which texts "God" inspired.
Got it. You don't have any.
Yet you still think men can define an infallible being.
*dramatically sighs*
Quit your whining and start being honest for a change.
"but doesn't bother me as my faith isn't based solely upon scripture."
- I know - you base it upon men and their lack of knowledge. You fit in well.
No scripture is attributed to the direct hand of God. He didn't write it in His own hand.

As such, it's a remnant of man to be interpreted by man.

Divinely inspired text requires a divinely inspired interpreter. Christ left His authority to the Church in scripture-that Church vetted scripture and declared canon.

Some, like you, don't believe that the canonical gospels are indeed, that. Fine. You base this belief on men (early Gnostics) and ascribe to them the knowledge and/or power of discernment you deny to others. You don't really tell us how that works-how Gnostics have knowledge and the early Church councils lacked it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

BTW Dan - that is still Self.
No religion or RCC required.
Just think - you could have done all that you have done without being a Catholic.
Bummer for you.
Why deny myself the sacraments?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

<quoted text>
'I admit to following the teachings of the Church'
- no Jesus involved. Gotcha. Jsut a bunch of "Paul" and others.
DOH!!
<quoted text>
No I don't. You are projecting again.
You should already know all the stuff I write, as it is history.
But alas, you chose a different path, huh? One that places man in the "high chair" being spoon fed by other men.
Don't play me, Dan, your nonsense won't work with me. Try the Pentecostal and Baptist, they are more suited to here your "dribble".
"DOH !!"

I mentioned "Christ". As in, "Jesus Christ".

...and I'm not "playing" you. At least you now admit that none of your blather is "self", rather you parroting a line from somewhere else.

Also, I wouldn't run out "I write history" so readily-you made Diocletian a Christian and termed the Arian heresy as "scripture" last week.

"DOH!!"

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..I'm trying to figure,out why folks,run from it ..
HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS,WHAT I LEARNED...as I said ..Catholics nuns,made you memorize the CATECHISM .....I can't say I remember it word fir air ..But I remember that question ...my sister Says, that site brings back memories,for her also .
And she's,still Catholic ..
Thanks Star
Maybe you misunderstood.... the point I was trying to make is your link never said "Roman Catholic Church" it said "Catholic Church"
I expected a your link to say "RCC" but it didn't.

From your link.
12. Q. Say the Apostlesí Creed. A. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into hell: the third day He arose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
"I

believe in the Holy Ghost,

the{{{{{ Holy Catholic Church,}}}}}}

the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen."

Anyway case closed. Have a great day!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true,,,,, however, the One (and only One) True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in Matthew 16:13-21) over 2000 years ago---IS SPECIAL!!!
That is "precisely" why we, as Catholics choose to believe,"in the FULLNESS of the FAITH"..... worship "IN THE FULLNESS of the TRUTH and adhere to the TRUTH of the biblical and historically PROVEN TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ in and through HIS One True Catholic Church......... Anything else (since the Reformation) is just "watered down....half-truth....half-her esy (opinionated and editorialized) Christianity"!
I love it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! You have just called your pope a bald-face liar!!!!

The NABre poop appoved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Don't say nuttin' bout no Catholic denomination!!!!...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Porkpie Hat 256,433
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,293
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joyful8118 720,432
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Buck Crick 224,079
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Godchil 115,025
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 6 min Pacha Thamizhan 120
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Holy dr Shrink 599,055
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr shyam 4,573
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••