Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475468 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Truth is God inspired,but not all texts that are of religious content are inspired by the Creator.The truth that is interwoven in those texts of course are confirmations of God's Truth,but if you read through the whole text you will find that the contradictions to the real truth of God,or a twist of such is not from God.
We can respect the many writings of people who endeavored to prove God and His existance,and so on,but not all that they say is solid truth.We have to be aware of the Truth,and ponder it in our hearts and minds in order to be able to detect the non-truths we may find in any given text.
In your eyes, you need men to determine that truth. I disagree that men have the truth.

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not?

C'mon Pad, you are so sure certain texts didn't make the cut, so you must be pretty sure where "God" specified these details.

IMO - you are so wrapped up in man's decision, you chose to skip over this part of your studies.

Albuquerque, NM

#475469 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?
I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!
I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.
I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.
It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
Uh-oh. I guess you don't physically eat of the flesh and drink of Jesus' blood", huh?

As I stated - of course you don't.

It is, like you imply - a mental rub.

Go ahead Pad, deny this too.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475470 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Read this and pay close attention to the last sentence after you finish studying this appendix.
http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app14.html
If you're gonna try to study with me I'm gonna make you work like my pastor did us so that one can arrive at a better and more accurate understanding when studying Gods word.
There is more than one meaning for the word """man" "" as used in scripture. Now study this appendix above and when you have finished I'll go further with you. You willsee that MAN asused in Genesis 6 was referring to THE MAN ADAM, not just any man that exists.
YOU pay close attention. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer. Please respond.

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.
Really? Which race would that be?

You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.

Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?

When will you answer the questions? My guess is never. You have allowed your alligator mouth to over step your parakeet rear end, AGAIN, and therefore you will not answer. Here are the questions:

1. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer.

You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.

2. Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?

When you are able to man up and answer, if ever, I will be here waiting.

Albuquerque, NM

#475471 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are a gnostic right? You believe in the Arian philosophies of gnosticism right? Spirit beings and so on,Jesus is a spirit being,not the Second Person of the Godhead right?
What is Jesus to you,not who,What?
You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.

This forum is not about me or my beliefs.

FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.

Do you have something that is on-topic?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475472 Sep 9, 2013
aucustic policy will tell you they try poorly set up but did not know how..ha ha ha

now
1000 human years=one Jesus day
they sing one day jesus one day jesus one day jesus..
yee
they watching spy
but
if God exist
my God watching them..
Asked yourself they going weak up or not..you say confe from dust..after how many years 1000 years.

Its ok confe but nobody say anyone see anything.

poor conclusion..how many years they want set up for someone on visible way..

righteousness people know very well
how others try act in vain

Are you for sure God can't see anything?

yes God also watching them too
Who is good and very bad?

pray for accusers
bless them every day
bless more and more
truth

Perth, Australia

#475473 Sep 9, 2013
you have printer for poor corupt diploma
they will give any documents
if if if you know something of them..yep

its very easy
abcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz
aeiou

Why jealous and lust can be very visible personality when you see person straight way?

Albuquerque, NM

#475474 Sep 9, 2013
-BobLoblah- wrote:
<quoted text>09Sep13.....Its most obvious that you will Never become a Roman Catholic.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
It's quite obvious that you are not one.

Albuquerque, NM

#475475 Sep 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL." End quote.
If not global then what region? Do you have a clue?
One must go back to Science to understand the ramifications of any flood occurring.

a. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/...

b. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...

c. http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...

""Where I live in Connecticut was ice a mile above my house, all the way back to the North Pole, about 15 million kilometers, that's a big ice cube," he said. "But then it started to melt. We're talking about the floods of our living history."

The water from the melting glaciers began to rush toward the world's oceans, Ballard said, causing floods all around the world.

"The questions is, was there a mother of all floods," Ballard said.

According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path."
truth

Perth, Australia

#475476 Sep 9, 2013
someone liked set up something

God know who how where when as well why?

My God is very lovely God.
My God don't need money.
On Cross there is a not Mercy.
On Cross is suffering.

others with lust and pride they can be very jealous..

i am good
others try make upside-down as they could defended error of them what they set up..

n

Albuquerque, NM

#475477 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Many times I realize the enemy desires to sift my life. But I never will forget I told God that if He saved me I'd fight in his army till I die.
Those are some words to a song that I favor a lot. Did I tell you guys that I sing? Yessiree,I sure do.
Self.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475478 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?
I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!
I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.
I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.
It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
=====
My health is coming along. Drs said it would be slow. I am ok with this because I am alive and the condition is not terminal.Thank you for asking. I wanted to share with you that I had thoughts similar to yours re how the "spiritual component/realm" of consubstantiation and the experience of being born again compare.
I believe that the two fit well.I will make it clear that this last thought is my own perspective. Do not be concerned when others characterize the info I provide you as not "mainstream".I will gladly and specifically qualify when something is my position and when something is the Church's position.I have many sources to check before I share info and am gathering more.

Albuquerque, NM

#475479 Sep 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS
Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
NOTE
1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
JESUS IS THE ONLY STAR OF THE SCRIPTURES..
AND HIS PURPOSE IS
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
ALL ELSE IS SUPPORTING ACTORS ON THE STAGE AND
STAGE PROPS...
THE OLD TESTAMENT POINTS TO HIS COMING TO EARTH...
THE NEW TESTAMENT WELCOMES HIM..
PRESENTS HIM TO THE WORLD,
AND REVEALS GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH HIM..
ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY, AND UNDER HIS FEET.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
It is odd....you will post this statement:

"The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS"

And then post the following:

Moses
Isahiah
Titus
John

Hmmmmm....where's Jesus?

Why do you continuously mislead others?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475480 Sep 9, 2013
scripture say about river nile full of water..yee

How many nile you have?

Albuquerque, NM

#475481 Sep 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The focal point of the scriptures is ....JESUS
Exo 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
NOTE
1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
JESUS IS THE ONLY STAR OF THE SCRIPTURES..
AND HIS PURPOSE IS
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
ALL ELSE IS SUPPORTING ACTORS ON THE STAGE AND
STAGE PROPS...
THE OLD TESTAMENT POINTS TO HIS COMING TO EARTH...
THE NEW TESTAMENT WELCOMES HIM..
PRESENTS HIM TO THE WORLD,
AND REVEALS GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH HIM..
ALL ELSE IS SECONDARY, AND UNDER HIS FEET.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
BTW GiF - the main focal point for your supposed "scriptures" should be "God".

Looks like you failed at that too.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475482 Sep 9, 2013
i give you perfect answer
design is part of creation..
you can understood but you play don't you..
its ok if are you..
still
nothing change my mind

silky smooth skin
they liked died but can't open wounds
who how
no i don't know who how

i fill that lovely hand
its bring me see in light instantly..

Are you for sure someone did not know what you think?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475483 Sep 9, 2013
why i need worried
please tell me
did my god need army
no
my god don't need army
god is omnipotent
everywhere visible and not visible..

Are you for sure that i need know to much about God and goodly life?

be honest with you.. not
i never think like you..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#475485 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where were the daughters of Adam at that time? Remember the scripture states that the sons of God (THE FALLEN ANGELS) saw that the daughters of Adam were fair ( beautiful ) and they took wives of all they chose and they had offspring with them. These offspring were mongrel hybrids ( giants ) and were exceptionally wicked. That's what prompted God to bring about the flood. This intermixing of spirit beings with humans was frowned on by God. Guess what...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN when Satan is kicked out of heaven soon.
This intermixing of spirit being with the daughters of Adam was an attempt by the powers of darkness to corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come. Satan knew that if he could corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come then his own doom could be averted.
There were several attacks on that bloodline by the powers of darkness throughout the years. The enslavement of Israel in Egypt was yet another attack on that seedline. As I stated there were several attacks throughout the years on that seedline by Satan trying destroy that line so that the Christ could not accomplish the Plan of God. He ultimately failed when Christ was nailed to the cross and rose from the dead. He thought that if he could destroy Christ then his own doom could be averted. But when he finally did kill Christ Satans doom was sealed.
Exactly what I said ..the seedlings of Noah was pure ..no mixes in DNA,.
EVERYONE else was gone ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475486 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now this that you posted above is what is referred to as VAIN BABBLINGS.
No...it is showing you one of the definitions of man in Ge 6....

Location hidden

#475487 Sep 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your Church dates back to the 4th century"
No it doesn't Pad. It dates back to 33 AD. At no time did the Church that Christ started; and the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons the Apostles established, suddenly become a different group....or an abolished group.
I believe what you're trying to imply, is that Constantine changed it to a different Church in 313 AD. There is absolutely no proof of this and I don't know why fundamentals continue to imply it. The Church changed Constantine, not the other way around. Really, you believe a conspiracy fantasy scenario that conveniently fits on paper.. But only if you ignore Church teaching in the first 4 centuries and pretend Constantine introduced those things.
Roman has nothin to do with the title of a Church. Its Catholic. SO if you choose to use the title out of context, your guilty of misleading people.
I love it!!!! Stay on course...call your pope a bald-face liar!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible says: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

There is no definition...from any source....that defines "church" as being the Roman Catholic Church nor the Catholic Church.

The largest denomination in the USA is the Catholic denomination..that is not what Christ built.....

Location hidden

#475488 Sep 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 2000 years of VERIFIABLE and TRUE Church History, proves that the Catholic Church (unquestionably and undeniably) IS the One TRUE Faith and the One TRUE Church that Jesus formed, established and initiated in Matthew 16:13-21. It is not the ONLY Church --but it IS the One TRUE Church,---- and----- it is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, with the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods Grace....... Bible Only Protestants can "burger flip" their own "personal opinions" ALL THEY WANT, but that doesn't "change the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH" of over 2000 years, of (investigative research) from the vast majority of highly accredited, reliable and intellectually astute Church Historians and Apologist authors and writers who have studied and researched Church History for 100's and 100's and thousands of years!!
Love it!!!! Stay on course!!!! Continue calling your pope a liar!!!

The NABre pope approved Catlick bible says: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

The largest denomination in the USA is the Catholic denomination...tain't what Christ built!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 6,406
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 880,355
Mr uh Simpson would you please stand and face ... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min RiccardoFire 41,166
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min RiccardoFire 8,304
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 177,899
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 1 hr pradeep patidar 35
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr lightbeamrider 3,988
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 272,903
More from around the web