Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475706 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
simply put
THERE IS TWO DEATHS MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES
ONE IS THE END OF MORTAL LIFE HERE ON THIS EARTH
THE OTHER (SECOND DEATH) IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD..
NEITHER ONE IS ANNIHILATION OF THE SOUL..
THE SOUL OF A MAN IS ETERNAL..
WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR IN HELL...
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,==>some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.<==
Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
QUESTION...
JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER ANYWAY?
THIS IS GOD'S WORD...
YOU WANT TO ARGUE ...ARGUE WITH IT...
And do you grasp what you are ignorantly saying? I was under the impression that it was not impossible for God to do anything.

Basically what you are saying is that though God has the power to create a soul He does not have the power to destroy a soul so since He does not have the power to destroy a soul then that soul lives forever. Do you realize what you're saying. If God can create a soul trust me, He certainly have the power to destroy a soul i.e. kill the soul.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#475707 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR POST IS A RE RUN...THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED OVER AND OVER AGAIN...
THERE ARE TWO SUBJECT THAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS INEVITABLY GO TO WHEN YOU CANNOT FACE THE TRUTH...AND ARE PENED TO THE WALL...
One of the subjects
is the one YOU JUST BROACHED
THE OTHER IS THE EUCHARIST...
IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT...
AND TONIGHT YOU ARE TRUE TO FORM...AS USUAL
That's because those two subjects completely destroy protestant evangelicalism before they get off the ground. A third problem for you is the writings of the early Church- especially the ones written by the students of the Apostles.

If you can't see the unmistakable parallel between the book of Sirach and the Book of Matthew, then somethings wrong. I guarantee you, that when Jesus Christ instituted the Lords Prayer, the Apostles immediately recognized the words he was saying from the Book of Sirach.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475708 Sep 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU pay close attention. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer. Please respond.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.
Really? Which race would that be?
You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.
Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?
When will you answer the questions? My guess is never. You have allowed your alligator mouth to over step your parakeet rear end, AGAIN, and therefore you will not answer. Here are the questions:
1. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer.
You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.
2. Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?
When you are able to man up and answer, if ever, I will be here waiting.
I guess my answer required one with a deeper comprehension of scripture than what you possess huh?I told you that the flood was wherever Adams daughters existed. The fallen angels were only interested in the daughters of Adam because they wanted to corrupt that bloodline through which the Christ child was to come. If they had been successful in accomplishing that then their own doom would have been averted. Why is this concept so foreign to so called Christians?

There were no daughters of Adam living in the Americas not in many otherparts of the world at the time.

I'm sure you still won't get it.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475709 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
To block the spread of slander about the Catholic Church. Somebody has to do it. That's the only reason. Look, these people aint going to be Catholic. Nobody has been provided with the volume of info that these guys have. Yet they ignore it all and carry on. To me, its the saddest display of forced ignorance I've ever seen. I mean, look at Pad, STILL falsely accusing us of worshiping statues.
From over 35 years of past experience as a bible only Protestant, spreading slander, heresy and lies about the Catholic Church is the ONLY THING these "fundies" can rely upon---and NOTHING ELSE!! Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, Ox, New Age and the rest of them on this forum are not here to learn (ANYTHING) about what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches" but (again) to slander, spread heresy, and lies in attacking Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church. Bible only Protestants CANNOT EVEN AGREE among themselves which only goes to show what a contradicting (hodge-podge) of half-truth, half-heresy, distorted Christianity that these "fundies" have (bought into). Discussing, debating and arguing is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME, with these bible "editorialists"! Just speak the historical and biblical FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH that only the Catholic Church teaches. These bible only opinionated "buffoons" can go argue, complain,and debate with each other!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475710 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He came here and told us.
You can tell Him about His poor time-management skills and/or lack of priority management when you meet Him.
I met Him some forty years ago....He sits on the throne of my soul..I never heard Him say "be baptized and you will enter heaven"..

What was His exact words to us....possibly you misunderstood Him????....Or, like Rosesz, you have not a clue.....

As a matter of interest, there is info on salvation in the Catholic encylopee-pee.....I posted it one time...it is so long and detailed, it had to be continued five (5) times.....

The point is, it had a lot more to say on the matter than "be baptized"!!!!!

Location hidden

#475711 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
NOTE
I DID NOT ASK YOU A QUESTION...
I GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD...ARGUE/CONTEND... WITH IT...
You are pathetic...

I have the KJV Bible....are you telling me that is not the Word of God...that if I want the Word of God, I must get it from you????

Where do you get it!!!!!?????
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475712 Sep 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Haddon (C.H.) Spurgeon (19 June 1834 – 31 January 1892) was a British Particular Baptist preacher. Spurgeon remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". He was a strong figure in the Reformed Baptist tradition, defending the Church in agreement with the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith understanding, and opposing the liberal and pragmatic theological tendencies in the Church of his day.
It is estimated that in his lifetime, Spurgeon preached to around 10,000,000 people,[1][2] Spurgeon was the pastor of the congregation of the New Park Street Chapel (later the Metropolitan Tabernacle) in London for 38 years.[3] He was part of several controversies with the Baptist Union of Great Britain and later had to leave the denomination.[4] In 1857, he started a charity organization which is now called Spurgeon's and works globally. He also founded Spurgeon's College, which was named after him posthumously.
Spurgeon was a prolific author of many types of works including sermons, an autobiography, commentaries, books on prayer, devotionals, magazines, poetry, hymns and more.[5][6] Many sermons were transcribed as he spoke and were translated into many languages during his lifetime. Spurgeon produced powerful sermons of penetrating thought and precise exposition. His oratory skills held his listeners spellbound in the Metropolitan Tabernacle and many Christians have discovered Spurgeon's messages to be among the best in Christian literature.[7]
I studied Spurgeon and posted many parts of his sermons on the other board, remember sis, precise exposition is what I remember about him.

So glad your husband and Kay Marie are doing better, Praise God.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475713 Sep 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU pay close attention. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer. Please respond.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.
Really? Which race would that be?
Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?
When will you answer the questions? My guess is never. You have allowed your alligator mouth to over step your parakeet rear end, AGAIN, and therefore you will not answer. Here are the questions:
1. You said the flood was regional and not global. I asked you what region and received no answer.
2. Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?
When you are able to man up and answer, if ever, I will be here waiting.
And another thing about the creation of the other races. Have you noticed upon """"" ""CAREFUL" """"" examination of the scriptures how when God created the other races He told them to go out into the world and conquer it and subdue it but when He formed Adam He gave him no such order but placed him into the garden and told him to stay there to dress it and keep it. He didn't send him out into the world till he disobeyed Him and then as punishment then he was driven from the garden out into the world. Really now, is the scriptures that difficult for you to grasp? Don't develop diarrhea of the mouth and think you're gonna come here and try to chastize me when you have a weak grasp of the word of God cause I will scripturally break you down to your lowest common denominator
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475714 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathetic...
I have the KJV Bible....are you telling me that is not the Word of God...that if I want the Word of God, I must get it from you????
Where do you get it!!!!!?????
For some reason your not 'hearing' correctly Ox, Go to God alone He is the only giver of understanding. Love and Blessings
truth

Mahogany Creek, Australia

#475715 Sep 10, 2013
my life stop 92 days when i come in this country
your law is not my law as well my mind is not yours
noooooooooooooo

life expirence and history teach many things..

-there is a not love
-there is a not law
-there is a not Mercy
-INRI on my Cross stay my hands body soul and mind
-there is a only suffering

Why i have to trust others?

on tables mother put very nice peace of bread only one want everything for themself..

Are you belive in words someone who is fae away from reality.

Holy Spirit will reavil you liars..yes.

i say between my people 5000 young girls and boys..i been between them they did not know..
i stood next time 15 000 young people i been between them they did not know

i stood third time 50 000 young people i been between them they did not know..
fourth time i stood between them 120 000 i been between them..they did not know..

my mind is not of them no

Location hidden

#475716 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox I'm sure you are a devoted Christian man..You may have problems that
Are none of my business..But you keep repeating yourself .I pray whatever it is resolves itself
I answered these very questions over and over months ago.
You keep looking for some precise combination of words from all of us .
I have no intention of answering ..if you choose you can read back a few months .
Peace brother ..
You did not such thing...

You have no idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven....

If you did you would have shared that info with me...I mean, golly gee whiz, its only five (5) words long!!!!!

You no idea how one becomes a daughter of God....yet you call God your Father...

Food for thought:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
truth

Mahogany Creek, Australia

#475717 Sep 10, 2013
sometimes tiny things can make person happy then entire rich word..
yep
They will tell you where is that God.
here here here there there there and there
but when someone point finger over you then its very hard forget no..
they will tell you not sense you act as child
What i say to you ?
Its deference between sense and sensor as well zenzo to be funny.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475718 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Please keep us informed... when and where his operation will transpire...
We will keep him in our prayers.
THAT HE WILL BE MADE COMPLETELY WHOLE.
Blessings..TO YOU BOTH
God is Faithful
I pray he does not need a operation. I don't think i'd ever have one.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475719 Sep 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I said ..the seedlings of Noah was pure ..no mixes in DNA,.
EVERYONE else was gone ...
Noeetheart. Everyone else was still here. Noah was chosen because his family had NOT intermixed with any of the other people,i.e,the other races etc but most of all his family had not intermixed with the fallen angels. Did you notice how scripture stated that Noah was PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS? All that means is that his pedigree was pure i.e.,HIS BLOODLINE.

Location hidden

#475720 Sep 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
From over 35 years of past experience as a bible only Protestant, spreading slander, heresy and lies about the Catholic Church is the ONLY THING these "fundies" can rely upon---and NOTHING ELSE!! Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, Ox, New Age and the rest of them on this forum are not here to learn (ANYTHING) about what the Catholic Church "actually believes and teaches" but (again) to slander, spread heresy, and lies in attacking Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church. Bible only Protestants CANNOT EVEN AGREE among themselves which only goes to show what a contradicting (hodge-podge) of half-truth, half-heresy, distorted Christianity that these "fundies" have (bought into). Discussing, debating and arguing is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME, with these bible "editorialists"! Just speak the historical and biblical FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH that only the Catholic Church teaches. These bible only opinionated "buffoons" can go argue, complain,and debate with each other!
And....a recent poll proves that 70% of Catholics do not believe they are eating the flesh of Christ and drinking His blood at mass........

Nuns are arguing with the vatacan....they want to be priests..some have left the church because of this disagreement..

The Catholic Church's Teaching on Birth Control - Ascension ...
www.ascensioncatholic.net/TOPICS/morality/Bir... ;

Today, it is generally accepted that about 80% of Catholics do not follow the generally accepted teachings of Humanae Vitae when it comes to using different forms of birth control.

Have more if you are interested....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475721 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I met Him some forty years ago....He sits on the throne of my soul..I never heard Him say "be baptized and you will enter heaven"..
What was His exact words to us....possibly you misunderstood Him????....Or, like Rosesz, you have not a clue.....
As a matter of interest, there is info on salvation in the Catholic encylopee-pee.....I posted it one time...it is so long and detailed, it had to be continued five (5) times.....
The point is, it had a lot more to say on the matter than "be baptized"!!!!!
I read it. I didn't misunderstand.

I'm sure the Catholic Encyclopedia mentions baptism RE: salvation.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475722 Sep 10, 2013
thought i had to have one on my finger prayed not my will be done but His.

Can't handle that stuff as ya'll should know by know.

Location hidden

#475723 Sep 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason your not 'hearing' correctly Ox, Go to God alone He is the only giver of understanding. Love and Blessings
As usual you are in a dense fog......
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475724 Sep 10, 2013
Why don't the Christians flee persecution?

Comfort in Persecution
…22"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

23"But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

24"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.…
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475725 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. I didn't misunderstand.
I'm sure the Catholic Encyclopedia mentions baptism RE: salvation.
HE Jesus will baptize you with the Holy Spirit= Born-Anew-Saved- forever in Him=Baptism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,216
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min bad bob 2,612
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 4 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 5 hr NewsYTube 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web