Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Mahogany Creek, Australia

#475686 Sep 10, 2013
it is written

wicket going fall

hm hm hm

Are you for sure my religion lesson is not been perfect?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475687 Sep 10, 2013
I think when Jesus said, "search the scriptures" he was talking about Books that Luther removed.

"See with your eyes that I have labored little, and found from myself much rest" Sirach 51:27

"Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest" Mathew 11:28

"Forgive your neighbor for the wrongs he has done, and then your sins will be pardoned when you pray"
Sirach 28:2

"And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" Mathew 6:12

Confrint, Old Gee and Preston....are you sure you were authorized to remove 7 Books of the Bible? This parallel by Our Lord seems to imply that He considered the Book of Sirach inspired. As a Jew, Christ was well aware of the words He was saying and most certainly knew they were once said by Sirach.
truth

#475688 Sep 10, 2013
my son observe my commandments
listen what i say to you

-i don't sit with rich people
-never sit in first chair
-never trust nice lips, nice attitude and nice suits

-don't listen what propaganda say about you or anybody else

-law of them is not your law

observe what i say and put that in your heart..
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475689 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive my asking, but does this C.H. Spurgeon own a time machine or is he Australian?
I have the time and date as 9:32pm CDT, September 10, 2013.
You've presented this as "This Evening's Meditation" for tomorrow evening.
Yes I jumped a day . It the devotionals I read each day.
It is from some of his teachings. He went to be with God sometime ago.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Born (1834-06-19)19 June 1834
Kelvedon, Essex, England
Died 31 January 1892(1892-01-31)(aged 57)
Menton, Alpes-Maritimes, France
Nationality British
Occupation Pastor, author
Religion Christian (Reformed

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475690 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come i have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66? Did God tell you to have that many?
You should read some of our Bible. Jesus did:
"The fruit discloses the cultivation of a tree; so the expression of a thought exposes the cultivation of a mans mind" Sirach 27:6
"you will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit" Mathew 7:16,17
"Lay up your treasure according to the commandments of the most high, and it will profit you more than gold" Sirach 29:11
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and thieves break in and steal." Mathew 6:19
It looks like Jesus Christ believed that the Book of Sirach was inspired. How come you removed it?
~~~

YOUR POST IS A RE RUN...THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

THERE ARE TWO SUBJECT THAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS INEVITABLY GO TO WHEN YOU CANNOT FACE THE TRUTH...AND ARE PENED TO THE WALL...

One of the subjects

is the one YOU JUST BROACHED

THE OTHER IS THE EUCHARIST...

IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT...

AND TONIGHT YOU ARE TRUE TO FORM...AS USUAL
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475691 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive my asking, but does this C.H. Spurgeon own a time machine or is he Australian?
I have the time and date as 9:32pm CDT, September 10, 2013.
You've presented this as "This Evening's Meditation" for tomorrow evening.
Charles Haddon (C.H.) Spurgeon (19 June 1834 – 31 January 1892) was a British Particular Baptist preacher. Spurgeon remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom he is known as the "Prince of Preachers". He was a strong figure in the Reformed Baptist tradition, defending the Church in agreement with the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith understanding, and opposing the liberal and pragmatic theological tendencies in the Church of his day.

It is estimated that in his lifetime, Spurgeon preached to around 10,000,000 people,[1][2] Spurgeon was the pastor of the congregation of the New Park Street Chapel (later the Metropolitan Tabernacle) in London for 38 years.[3] He was part of several controversies with the Baptist Union of Great Britain and later had to leave the denomination.[4] In 1857, he started a charity organization which is now called Spurgeon's and works globally. He also founded Spurgeon's College, which was named after him posthumously.

Spurgeon was a prolific author of many types of works including sermons, an autobiography, commentaries, books on prayer, devotionals, magazines, poetry, hymns and more.[5][6] Many sermons were transcribed as he spoke and were translated into many languages during his lifetime. Spurgeon produced powerful sermons of penetrating thought and precise exposition. His oratory skills held his listeners spellbound in the Metropolitan Tabernacle and many Christians have discovered Spurgeon's messages to be among the best in Christian literature.[7]
truth

#475692 Sep 10, 2013
Is deceiver been in your kingdom still as it is?

by
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475693 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE REASON YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND WHAT i HAVE WRTTEN IS
YOU HAVE NO SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING
JESUS SAID
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot....
see...(literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.)
... the kingdom of God.
Actually, I don't comprehend what you're writing because you aren't informing it with any facts.

You just don't like Catholics. You really don't know why you don't, because you don't know a damn thing about them and you'll be damned if you'll actually spend one nanosecond learning anything about them.

You're an old-school bigot hiding behind your good book. Plenty of those around, Pops-you're not special.

#475694 Sep 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad your wife is doing better Confrinting, I know you will be glad to have her home, and she to be home with you.
Haven't been around to much. My husband has not been well he is getting better every day. Doctor's are going to operate on him they have him on a fast track for surgery.
The good news is he isn't in pain any more, and getting around pretty good now.
~~~

Please keep us informed... when and where his operation will transpire...

We will keep him in our prayers.

THAT HE WILL BE MADE COMPLETELY WHOLE.

Blessings..TO YOU BOTH

God is Faithful
truth

#475695 Sep 10, 2013
Did you know what your Master prepare for you?
How many Masters you have?

What your neighbor have in storage drugs weapons spy camera false propaganda and so on?

It is written!
-pray for your neighbors
-pray for your accusers
-pray for your prosecutors and judges
-bless them every day

-be aware minimum of love is understanding
where is a understanding there is a conciseness

my son
-think about my words
-observe my words
-put them in your heart
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475696 Sep 10, 2013
Missionary Weapons (2)
09112013September 11, 2013
If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet —John 13:14

Ministering in Everyday Opportunities. Ministering in everyday opportunities that surround us does not mean that we select our own surroundings— it means being God’s very special choice to be available for use in any of the seemingly random surroundings which He has engineered for us. The very character we exhibit in our present surroundings is an indication of what we will be like in other surroundings.

The things Jesus did were the most menial of everyday tasks, and this is an indication that it takes all of God’s power in me to accomplish even the most common tasks in His way. Can I use a towel as He did? Towels, dishes, sandals, and all the other ordinary things in our lives reveal what we are made of more quickly than anything else. It takes God Almighty Incarnate in us to do the most menial duty as it ought to be done.

Jesus said,“I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you”(13:15). Notice the kind of people that God brings around you, and you will be humiliated once you realize that this is actually His way of revealing to you the kind of person you have been to Him. Now He says we should exhibit to those around us exactly what He has exhibited to us.

Do you find yourself responding by saying,“Oh, I will do all that once I’m out on the mission field”? Talking in this way is like trying to produce the weapons of war while in the trenches of the battlefield–you will be killed while trying to do it.

We have to go the “second mile” with God (see Matthew 5:41). Yet some of us become worn out in the first ten steps. Then we say,“Well, I’ll just wait until I get closer to the next big crisis in my life.” But if we do not steadily minister in everyday opportunities, we will do nothing when the crisis comes.

#475697 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't comprehend what you're writing because you aren't informing it with any facts.
You just don't like Catholics. You really don't know why you don't, because you don't know a damn thing about them and you'll be damned if you'll actually spend one nanosecond learning anything about them.
You're an old-school bigot hiding behind your good book. Plenty of those around, Pops-you're not special.
~~~

SO true to form ...YOU GO TO YOU POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, NAME CALLING CHILDISH TANTRUM..etc

JUST AS YOUR carnally minded FOREFATHERS DID WHEN MARTIN LUTHER CAME ON THE SCENE..

and attempted to draw you wayward backslidden , religious organization back to God

Spiritual Truth to you is as scarce as hens teeth...

Reason being

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475698 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Please keep us informed... when and where his operation will transpire...
We will keep him in our prayers.
THAT HE WILL BE MADE COMPLETELY WHOLE.
Blessings..TO YOU BOTH
God is Faithful
Thank you Confrinting I will let you know, I welcome your prayers.
He has lost so much weight, he was thin to being with.
Well I am going to sleep. Have a good night Confrinting.
God Bless to you and your wife, she is a fighter for sure.
With all she has been through, the last year or so.
God is faithful , and a never failing God.
truth

#475699 Sep 10, 2013
storage ..
Did you know what your neighbor have?

My Son
Observe my words.
Look even ants work very hard life as well work as well have storage to be save.

Never trust nice lips its obsession as deceiver liked posses for themself.

#475700 Sep 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Confrinting I will let you know, I welcome your prayers.
He has lost so much weight, he was thin to being with.
Well I am going to sleep. Have a good night Confrinting.
God Bless to you and your wife, she is a fighter for sure.
With all she has been through, the last year or so.
God is faithful , and a never failing God.
~~~
I am signing off as well...

Need to catch some ZZZZZZz.

blessings

GOD IS FAITHFUL
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475701 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO true to form ...YOU GO TO YOU POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, NAME CALLING CHILDISH TANTRUM..etc
JUST AS YOUR carnally minded FOREFATHERS DID WHEN MARTIN LUTHER CAME ON THE SCENE..
and attempted to draw you wayward backslidden , religious organization back to God
Spiritual Truth to you is as scarce as hens teeth...
Reason being
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
LOL.

You can't link Constantine to anything about a screed you wrote about Constantine, and I'm now the bad guy for calling you on it.

You must be accustomed to preaching to deaf mutes or the insane-you certainly chafe when asked to explain yourself.

No fool like an old fool.
truth

#475702 Sep 10, 2013
Is love there and which love is that?
between words..
pray for your friends
pray for your neighbors
pray for your accusers
pray for your judges

My mind and body and my soul bee there on CROSS.
My Cross is deference.
-there is a not Mercy
-there is a suffering
-there is a not love
-there not law exist

its lesson that everybody can teach your law is not my law..

my Son
observe my words
its stay between every words
its stay stay perfection that you know
where i been INRI
truth

#475703 Sep 10, 2013
Deceiver and possessor want for themself.

Why ants have colony?
they work very hard and store food and safty for themself..
is one tiny cell complex animal much more smart then humans..

Are you for sure neighbors don't have camera weapons drugs and so on perhaps good news for you?

not for me
no

my son

Never sit with rich people.
- don't sit with them
-don't eat with them
-don't trust them

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475704 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
simply put
THERE IS TWO DEATHS MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES
ONE IS THE END OF MORTAL LIFE HERE ON THIS EARTH
THE OTHER (SECOND DEATH) IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD..
NEITHER ONE IS ANNIHILATION OF THE SOUL..
THE SOUL OF A MAN IS ETERNAL..
WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR IN HELL...
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,==>some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.<==
Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
QUESTION...
JUST HOW LONG IS FOREVER ANYWAY?
THIS IS GOD'S WORD...
YOU WANT TO ARGUE ...ARGUE WITH IT...
No I don't argue with Gods word but I will argue with your mistaken understanding of Gods word. And when I argue I let Gods word argue for me.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/ezekiel/1...

As I have stated here several times before you Christians need to learn the difference between a metaphor, a figure of speech, a Hebraism, symbolism etc and learn also when something is literal and when it is not.

Tell me,In Ezekiel 28 when God told Satan that He was gonna bring a fire from the midst of him and that he would be TURNED TO ASHES, did God mean that Satan would still be allowed to exist even though he was turned to ashes. You do understand that GOD IS A """"CONSUM ING FIRE"""" """"" """"" ".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475705 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link for that? I've never heard of such a thing. If that were true, then why would they remain in union with the Bishop of Rome? Heck, everyone around them are Orthodox, they certainly have free will to join yous..
I hope you are not attempting to include minor differences with Rome as evidence of a 'false union'. Because trust me, every diocese in all the Catholic Churches throughout the world, have differences with the hierarchy. Take for example: Priestly celibacy. There are plenty of Catholics who disagree with Rome on this. The important thing is to not run off and start our own Church and call it 'Christian' because of a difference. Breaking up the Church is not the solution.
Clay I thank you for your cordial response.However i work hard searching all sides to find many links. They are there if someone wants to work at it. I dont share them. Its not personal.Its not hiding anything or conspiratorial. Its just I figure if someone wants to know they will put the work in,.I am not talking about you in particular.Thanks for the response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 41 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 44 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
More from around the web