Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688394 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#475651 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
You believe a cookie can symbolize Christ, but a statue or painting gives you heartburn?
Glad I don't drive on the same streets you do. You probably think stop signs are evil and should be shunned.
The images of life are not what we are talking about sir,but the images that are made to represent the Deity,of which was commanded by the Living God not to do by the poeple of faith.We are to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.There is no need to have an image of Him.

It is interesting how the Jews tried to discredit Jesus by using a Roman coin,so the Romans present would be sucked into their attempt to trap Jesus as an insurrectionist.Jesus looked at the coin and said whose inscription is on this coin.Of course they answered Caesars's. "Well render unto Caesar's what is His and unto God what is His.The Jews had a currency of sorts,and God's Image was never on it.Nothing in Jewish culture required some sort of image to prove God.Was not Caesar considered a god,by the Romans?

We are not to represent our God by using images or statues,He is Spirit and we worship Him in that manner,and His Son sits at His right hand until all the enemies of Christ are placed at His Feet.

It all continues to boil down to simple obedience.I wonder that the RCC failed to obey the first commandment of God our Father,how they are so filled with all truth in every matter of faith?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475652 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your lucky I did not go off line,had to give up the computer for awhile,for another family member.
Dan,can you possibly understand obedience in the matter of the First Commandment.Sorry but I adhere to the Jewish bible rendition of the first commandment and the King James,New King james.
Nevertheless,the very fact that the RCC manufactures or makes or molds statues of clay,prop them up on pedestals in their main sanctuaries,and venerate them with homage and respect by kneeling before them,placing flowers and so on before the image,is what G OD told us NOT to do,that is disobedience.
You can skirt around with whether or not your church worships such things,and of course I know that the statues are not gods from another religious system,whatever.
But for instance the statues of Jesus,Jesus is God is He not? Your church is making statues of Him who they have never seen basically,He is not described in the Bible except when He was crucified.God does not want a statue to represent the Deity.Whether Protestants do the same or whatever,does not condone the fact that disobedience is part and parcel of your church from the first day they started doing such.
The whole matter Dan is not idolatry,but disobedience!
What "disobedience"?

Again, the commandment isn't to eschew art and/or statuary. It's to not worship any statues. Don't bow down to nor serve graven images. Only one God.

No one's venerating the statues. No one.

No disobedience.

Again, simply cite where it's taught that the statue is to be venerated.

You DO have to support claims you make, Pad. I have to insist as the teachings of the Catholic Church aren't some secret deal that only I know. It's there for the whole world to read, yet you refuse to do it. Why? It's nearly a pathological thing for you and those who make similar claims.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475653 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL Catholics worship Jesus!!! Our Mass is Jesus centered. We honor our heavenly Blessed Mother Mary, as you should.
Rock Hudson??? LOL You follow that type of 'queen' Now we know, why you hate everything that is good.
You will answer to Jesus if you ever get to see HIM. Talking about HIS Blessed Mother like that. Shame, shame, shame!!!
The Magnificat, taken from Luke’s Gospel (1:46-55),
is the Blessed Virgin Mary’s hymn of praise to
the Lord. It is also known as the Canticle of Mary
in the Liturgy of the Hours, a special collection of scripture readings, psalms, and hymns that constitute what is known as the prayer of the church.(Priests and other religious are required to pray sections from the Liturgy of the Hours each day.)
My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
Because he has regarded the lowliness of his handmaid;
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;
Because he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name;
And his mercy is from generation to generation
on those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm,
He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and has exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has given help to Israel, his servant, mindful of his mercy
Even as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity forever.
Luke’s Gospel (1:46-55)
Advice on lying from an ex expert liar. Never tell a lie that can be easily proven so.

Pope John Paul II and Marian Worship...

POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"

See the word "worship" in: Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475654 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The images of life are not what we are talking about sir,but the images that are made to represent the Deity,of which was commanded by the Living God not to do by the poeple of faith.We are to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.There is no need to have an image of Him.
It is interesting how the Jews tried to discredit Jesus by using a Roman coin,so the Romans present would be sucked into their attempt to trap Jesus as an insurrectionist.Jesus looked at the coin and said whose inscription is on this coin.Of course they answered Caesars's. "Well render unto Caesar's what is His and unto God what is His.The Jews had a currency of sorts,and God's Image was never on it.Nothing in Jewish culture required some sort of image to prove God.Was not Caesar considered a god,by the Romans?
We are not to represent our God by using images or statues,He is Spirit and we worship Him in that manner,and His Son sits at His right hand until all the enemies of Christ are placed at His Feet.
It all continues to boil down to simple obedience.I wonder that the RCC failed to obey the first commandment of God our Father,how they are so filled with all truth in every matter of faith?
Wait, what? God is Spirit, of course. But He also became flesh; a human; one of us.

Don't you believe that Jesus and God are one?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475655 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The images of life are not what we are talking about sir,but the images that are made to represent the Deity,of which was commanded by the Living God not to do by the poeple of faith.We are to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.There is no need to have an image of Him.
It is interesting how the Jews tried to discredit Jesus by using a Roman coin,so the Romans present would be sucked into their attempt to trap Jesus as an insurrectionist.Jesus looked at the coin and said whose inscription is on this coin.Of course they answered Caesars's. "Well render unto Caesar's what is His and unto God what is His.The Jews had a currency of sorts,and God's Image was never on it.Nothing in Jewish culture required some sort of image to prove God.Was not Caesar considered a god,by the Romans?
We are not to represent our God by using images or statues,He is Spirit and we worship Him in that manner,and His Son sits at His right hand until all the enemies of Christ are placed at His Feet.
It all continues to boil down to simple obedience.I wonder that the RCC failed to obey the first commandment of God our Father,how they are so filled with all truth in every matter of faith?
We were commanded not to worship any graven image.

A cross is graven image, and is assuredly fits the description of
"any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth".

The next line is the operative:

"5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

This from the NKJV.

It all continues to boil down to simple literacy and in your case, intellectual honesty.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475656 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question: Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????
You, evidently, don't know, or you would have replied.
You call God, Father. No one can claim that status as a natural birthright...some are children of the father of all lies...the devil..
Share with us the events that occurred in your life that culminated in you becoming one of His daughters...
Get baptized.

That's what Jesus said had to happen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475657 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe what someone told you God's word said.
'Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son.
As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus".[66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God.[67]
[66] Matt., xii, 46-47; xiii, 55-56; Mark, iii, 31-32; iii, 3; Luke, viii, 19-20; John, ii, 12; vii, 3, 5, 10; Acts, i, 14; I Cor., ix, 5; Galatians 1:19; Jude, 1
[67] cf. St. Jerome, in Matt., i, 2 (P.L., XXVI, 24-25)'
Source link: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm
"Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son."

You need help.....where did I even imply that Mary did not retain her virginity during the time she was pregnant with Jesus????

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475658 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
........and yet here YOU are, despite the admonitions of your good priest.
You're generally on an even keel, but this isn't an Orthodox thread, so I'll assume you're not hear to get the latest and greatest updates on eastern Rite news and events.
I am not perfect and yes I am guilty also.I understand also that everytime I come here to argue that YES I am in great sin. Do you think I enjoy it??? NO not at all!! Not for one minute!!!The words of my priest saying what I posted to Clay rings in my mind and I am trying to listen to them.Spiritual warfare is a daily battle.The evil one gets his kicks everytime someone sins.He knows everyones weakness and will use that weakness to cause them to fall into sin.WE ALL sin when we come this forum and argue with each other.Christ must have tears in his eyes!And to answer you to as why I am here...well,when I first came to this forum I was looking for Christian friendship.Then as time went by and reading posts and the name calling and the personal attacks on fellow Christians, I got caught up in the drama also.Frankly,I think fighting is a waste of time and no good comes from it.I am tired of it.And guess what, I do spend a lot of time on Orthodox sites and listening to beautiful Orthodox chants.I am happy with my faith as others are happy with theirs.We all feel Gods love in different ways and I except that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475659 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
"Rosesz
You never answered my question: Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????
You, evidently, don't know, or you would have replied.
You call God, Father. No one can claim that status as a natural birthright...some are children of the father of all lies...the devil..
Share with us the events that occurred in your life that culminated in you becoming one of His daughters..."
TO WHICH confrinting wrote....
<quoted text>
Protestant vs protestant!! Again!
Not surprised, happens all the time, go off and start a new church with your own made up rules.
You left off my reply to confrit to make your silly vain comment about sons and daughters of God....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475660 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus gave his apostles power and authority to reconcile us to the Father. They received Jesus’ own power to forgive sins when he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained" (John 20:22–23).
You are not authorize to interpret Holy Scripture.... You do NOT know what anything means..
The founder of your 20th century church tried to interpret and you believe him.[lol] Our One, Holy and Apostolic Church was founded and taught by JESUS!!
Deal with it!!
You owe me an apology.....that was never posted by me...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#475661 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the Eastern Rite and Latin Rite Churches have big issues with distinguishing themselves to the world at large.
Dan no disrespect but my problem with the Eastern Rite Catholics is that is is a false union.I understand that the Eastern traditions that were previously ignored were preserved and protected by Vatican 2. However the Eastern Rite accepts some Catholic Beliefs though they dont agree with them and vice versa. That is not a real union at the core.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475662 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning. How is kay marie doing? tell her hell from us and hope she is coming along and will be home soon.God Bless!!!
~~~

God willing...

Kay Marie will be coming home Thursday A.M.

It will be a great pleasure to have my love back home...

Thank you and Hermi for your love and caring..

Here's hoping and praying that Hermi will be made completely whole...

and you will stay well...

Blessings to you and yours...

God is faithful
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475663 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am not perfect and yes I am guilty also.I understand also that everytime I come here to argue that YES I am in great sin. Do you think I enjoy it??? NO not at all!! Not for one minute!!!The words of my priest saying what I posted to Clay rings in my mind and I am trying to listen to them.Spiritual warfare is a daily battle.The evil one gets his kicks everytime someone sins.He knows everyones weakness and will use that weakness to cause them to fall into sin.WE ALL sin when we come this forum and argue with each other.Christ must have tears in his eyes!And to answer you to as why I am here...well,when I first came to this forum I was looking for Christian friendship.Then as time went by and reading posts and the name calling and the personal attacks on fellow Christians, I got caught up in the drama also.Frankly,I think fighting is a waste of time and no good comes from it.I am tired of it.And guess what, I do spend a lot of time on Orthodox sites and listening to beautiful Orthodox chants.I am happy with my faith as others are happy with theirs.We all feel Gods love in different ways and I except that.
Well said.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475664 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Get baptized.
That's what Jesus said had to happen.
If being sprinkled with water is the ticket to Heaven, Christ could have stayed home....There is plenty of water to sprinkle everybody!!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475665 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If being sprinkled with water is the ticket to Heaven, Christ could have stayed home....There is plenty of water to sprinkle everybody!!!!!!
Well, He came here and told us.

You can tell Him about His poor time-management skills and/or lack of priority management when you meet Him.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475666 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What thee heck is "Constantine-ism"?
Is that the ism where you pretend that Constantine altered the word of God? You have no faith if you think Christ let this man undo the sacred word of God- given both orally and written- by the beloved Apostles.
Members of your sect embrace ignorance but I won't. You and the others forgo logic in order to believe a fantasy conspiracy scenario so you can hold on to your man made teachings of our sacred scriptures.
~~~

you wrote..

What thee heck is "Constantine-ism"?

Compared with the truth of the Bible ..

"Constantine-ism" is the dynasty that is sit up in Rome is your way of life...

You only use Jesus for name dropping...

other wise YOU IGNORE HIM...

You serve your dynasty, and ignore the truth of God's word...

Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters:

for either he will hate the one, and

love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and

despise the other.....

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters:

for either

he will hate the one, and love the other;

or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.......

--->NOTE

Rom_6:16 -->Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,

his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

YOU SERVE YOUR DYNASTY/NATION IN ROME ITALY...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475667 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
you wrote..
What thee heck is "Constantine-ism"?
Compared with the truth of the Bible ..
"Constantine-ism" is the dynasty that is sit up in Rome is your way of life...
You only use Jesus for name dropping...
other wise YOU IGNORE HIM...
You serve your dynasty, and ignore the truth of God's word...
Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters:
for either he will hate the one, and
love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and
despise the other.....
Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters:
for either
he will hate the one, and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.......
--->NOTE
Rom_6:16 -->Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
YOU SERVE YOUR DYNASTY/NATION IN ROME ITALY...
Can you list three specific elements or attributes of "Constantine-ism" for us, please?

Elements of Catholic teaching directly sourced or influenced from Constantine.

Thanks in advance. Always a thrill to be treated to the work and views of a real theologian.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475668 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God willing...
Kay Marie will be coming home Thursday A.M.
It will be a great pleasure to have my love back home...
Thank you and Hermi for your love and caring..
Here's hoping and praying that Hermi will be made completely whole...
and you will stay well...
Blessings to you and yours...
God is faithful
Great News!! I know that you must be so excited!! I felt the same way when Nick was able to come home from the hospital!Next month will be a year when I almost lost Nick.Nov. will be a year since he was in the hospital so that is good news.We leave everything to God and trust in Him! God Bless you and your family!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#475669 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
News!!!!
Forums (A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website) is designed for people to discuss subjects of interest.
For that to happen, there must be an exchange of info between parties. You, evidently, never heard the old adage "It takes two to tango".
However, a person, as yourself, so afraid of the truth in God's Word, when they see the truth, but can't face it, they clam up. That is not only non Christian in nature but it is also extremely crass..
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

NOTE

I DID NOT ASK YOU A QUESTION...

I GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD...ARGUE/CONTEND... WITH IT...
yTube

AOL

#475670 Sep 10, 2013
.

"coming w/ ALL DECEPTION" ---ANTICHRIST



.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Mr Wiggley 35,905
How did black people get here ( economically) 24 min Johnny 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min scienceanswersall 988,346
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr BOBBakatheboob 619,807
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 1 hr Chinamen Bowl Hat 54
Learn To Make Your Own Dental Partials At Home (Jul '13) 1 hr I saved 2 dollars 6
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr scienceanswersall 6,538
More from around the web