Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685757 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475445 Sep 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where were the daughters of Adam at that time? Remember the scripture states that the sons of God (THE FALLEN ANGELS) saw that the daughters of Adam were fair ( beautiful ) and they took wives of all they chose and they had offspring with them. These offspring were mongrel hybrids ( giants ) and were exceptionally wicked. That's what prompted God to bring about the flood. This intermixing of spirit beings with humans was frowned on by God. Guess what...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN when Satan is kicked out of heaven soon.
This intermixing of spirit being with the daughters of Adam was an attempt by the powers of darkness to corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come. Satan knew that if he could corrupt that seedline through which the Christ was to come then his own doom could be averted.
There were several attacks on that bloodline by the powers of darkness throughout the years. The enslavement of Israel in Egypt was yet another attack on that seedline. As I stated there were several attacks throughout the years on that seedline by Satan trying destroy that line so that the Christ could not accomplish the Plan of God. He ultimately failed when Christ was nailed to the cross and rose from the dead. He thought that if he could destroy Christ then his own doom could be averted. But when he finally did kill Christ Satans doom was sealed.
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to make one thing clear. Only ONE RACE came from Adam and Eve. All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them.
Really? Which race would that be?

You said, quote, "All the other races here on earth were created separately and before Adam and Eve and did NOT come from them." End quote.

Where did these "other races" come from and who created them separately and before Adam and Eve?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#475446 Sep 8, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How are you feeling these days you handsome Greek?
I remember Dudley Dooright the Mountie.Oh my gosh!
I am going to respond to Duat Storm and call it a night.Again your posts were so well thought out,and I amazed that the two regions of the Catholic and Orthodox have such a distinction in their concepts of the Eucharist.
I find it strange though how the Eastern Orthodox can use the word Transubstantiation at all since they believe that the bread and wine are spiritually transformed into the Body and blood of our Lord. That is a big difference! Anthony and Dust Storm challenged me often on just believing in the spiritual transformation of the bread and wine.The Orthodox seem to be passive on the matter in a way.
It makes much more sense to me with in the Spiritual realm of things to see that Consubstantiation would be the actual event of what happens to the bread and wine. Since when you realize the magnitude of the Body of Christ world-wide,the many adherents would receive Christ in the Spiritual Manna of His Body and Blood.That fits more with the whole matter of being Born-again as well,the rebirth is a spiritual conversion,so to memorialize Christ is to receive Him Spiritually using the bread and wine as the physical sumbols of the Last Supper,yet receiving Christ spiritually into our souls,spirits and minds,as we remember His death!
Yes it is a Spiritual conversion as the SPIRIT OF GOD no less enters us !!! wow Pad its what the prophets were looking to see that God indeed does reside us!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475447 Sep 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I say again..THE FLOOD OF NOAH HAPPENED BUT IT WAS NOT GLOBAL BUT MERELY REGIONAL." End quote.
If not global then what region? Do you have a clue?
<quoted text>
Genesis 6:4-13, 4 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. 5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7 So the LORD said,“I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. 9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence. 13 And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth."
Genesis 7:17-21, 17 "The flood continued forty days on the earth. The waters increased and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. 18 The waters prevailed and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the face of the waters. 19 And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep. 21 And all flesh died that moved on the earth, birds, livestock, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm on the earth, and all mankind."
You said, quote, "Where were the daughters of Adam at that time? Remember the scripture states that the sons of God (THE FALLEN ANGELS) saw that the daughters of Adam were fair ( beautiful ) and they took wives of all they chose and they had offspring with them. These offspring were mongrel hybrids ( giants ) and were exceptionally wicked. That's what prompted God to bring about the flood." End quote.
The Bible does not call them "the daughters of Adam". Actually, where they were has nothing to do with our discussion about the flood being global or regional. I asked you what region was flooded. What is your answer?
Read this and pay close attention to the last sentence after you finish studying this appendix.

http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app14.html

If you're gonna try to study with me I'm gonna make you work like my pastor did us so that one can arrive at a better and more accurate understanding when studying Gods word.

There is more than one meaning for the word """man" "" as used in scripture. Now study this appendix above and when you have finished I'll go further with you. You willsee that MAN asused in Genesis 6 was referring to THE MAN ADAM, not just any man that exists.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475448 Sep 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Read this and pay close attention to the last sentence after you finish studying this appendix.
http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app14.html
If you're gonna try to study with me I'm gonna make you work like my pastor did us so that one can arrive at a better and more accurate understanding when studying Gods word.
There is more than one meaning for the word """man" "" as used in scripture. Now study this appendix above and when you have finished I'll go further with you. You willsee that MAN asused in Genesis 6 was referring to THE MAN ADAM, not just any man that exists
No one can be that stupid naturally!!! You have had some help!!!

'iysh, a man as an individual or a male person; often used as an adjunct to a more definite term (and in such cases frequently not expressed in translation):--also, another, any (man), a certain,+ champion, consent, each, every (one), fellow,(foot-, husband-)man,(good-, great, mighty) man, he, high (degree), him (that is), husband, man(-kind),+ none, one, people, person,+ steward, what (man) soever, whoso(-ever), worthy. Compare 802.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475449 Sep 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can be that stupid naturally!!! You have had some help!!!
'iysh, a man as an individual or a male person; often used as an adjunct to a more definite term (and in such cases frequently not expressed in translation):--also, another, any (man), a certain,+ champion, consent, each, every (one), fellow,(foot-, husband-)man,(good-, great, mighty) man, he, high (degree), him (that is), husband, man(-kind),+ none, one, people, person,+ steward, what (man) soever, whoso(-ever), worthy. Compare 802.
Now this that you posted above is what is referred to as VAIN BABBLINGS.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475450 Sep 8, 2013
Oxbow,I'm gonna allow you to plead temporary insanity. It is only temporary,right?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475451 Sep 9, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are just as guilty of attacking and throwing the weight of your church around as a weapon so stop pointing fingers...and if there wasn't anyone coming on this forum to attack your church then you wouldn't have anything to do.
Wrong!! I'd be sharing my faith with them, but ALL of us Catholics know the ONLY reason non-Catholics come on this forum is to attack our Catholic faith, to distort the TRUE teachings of what the Catholic Church actually believes/teaches and to condemn-judge-and rip the Catholic Church---"no other reason"!!!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#475452 Sep 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!! I'd be sharing my faith with them, but ALL of us Catholics know the ONLY reason non-Catholics come on this forum is to attack our Catholic faith, to distort the TRUE teachings of what the Catholic Church actually believes/teaches and to condemn-judge-and rip the Catholic Church---"no other reason"!!!
Not true. I come here to examine my former beliefs (Catholic) in order to see why I so strongly believed in certain things that seem utterly ridiculous now.

I came from a Presbyterian family; converted to Catholicism when I was a young teen. My dad was terminally ill and I was very vulnerable at the time.

Catholicism has some beautiful rituals, but so do many other religions. Is it the one, true faith? I don't believe there's any such thing.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#475453 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot thank you enough for your two very well detailed posts on the subject of the Eucharist as viewed by both the RCatholics,and the Orthodox. Thank you so much Nick. I am writing it out in a book of mine,so that I can take it and read over it.
I do not want to make any comments now,as I need to read your posts.Will read what Anthony said as well,since he made comment to the same.You are a real trooper Nick!
You may want to consult with mainstream Orthodox you can find boards on the matter.

I believe, Lord, and I confess that you are truly the Christ, the Son of the living God, who came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. Also I believe that this is indeed your most pure Body, and this indeed your precious Blood. Therefore I beseech you, have mercy on me and forgive me my offences, voluntary and involuntary, in word and in deed, in knowledge and in ignorance, and count me worthy to partake uncondemned of your most pure Mysteries for the forgiveness of sins and for eternal life. Amen.
St John Chrysostom

"Having learned these things, and been fully assured that the seeming bread is not bread, though sensible to taste, but the Body of Christ; and that the seeming wine is not wine, though the taste will have it so, but the Blood of Christ; and that of this David sung of old, saying, And bread strengtheneth man's heart, to make his face to shine with oil,'strengthen thou thine heart,' by partaking thereof as spiritual, and "make the face of thy soul to shine."" Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, XXII:8 (c. A.D. 350).

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475454 Sep 9, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to consult with mainstream Orthodox you can find boards on the matter.
I believe, Lord, and I confess that you are truly the Christ, the Son of the living God, who came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. Also I believe that this is indeed your most pure Body, and this indeed your precious Blood. Therefore I beseech you, have mercy on me and forgive me my offences, voluntary and involuntary, in word and in deed, in knowledge and in ignorance, and count me worthy to partake uncondemned of your most pure Mysteries for the forgiveness of sins and for eternal life. Amen.
St John Chrysostom
"Having learned these things, and been fully assured that the seeming bread is not bread, though sensible to taste, but the Body of Christ; and that the seeming wine is not wine, though the taste will have it so, but the Blood of Christ; and that of this David sung of old, saying, And bread strengtheneth man's heart, to make his face to shine with oil,'strengthen thou thine heart,' by partaking thereof as spiritual, and "make the face of thy soul to shine."" Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, XXII:8 (c. A.D. 350).
You're serious too aren't you,LOL?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475455 Sep 9, 2013
Many times I realize the enemy desires to sift my life. But I never will forget I told God that if He saved me I'd fight in his army till I die.

Those are some words to a song that I favor a lot. Did I tell you guys that I sing? Yessiree,I sure do.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#475456 Sep 9, 2013
Now I'm about to tell you guys something that will probably make you think I have taken leave of my senses.

Are you guys aware that you can see spirits in reflective objects such as mirrors etc? Most people that are blessed with the gift of discernment are able to see spirits in mirrors etc.

Most of you that even do have the gift of discerment probably have never seen a spirit in a mirror because you were never aware that you can see spirits in mirrors. And when I say you can see spirits in mirrors I am not talking about your own reflection either.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475457 Sep 9, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Now I'm about to tell you guys something that will probably make you think I have taken leave of my senses.
Are you guys aware that you can see spirits in reflective objects such as mirrors etc? Most people that are blessed with the gift of discernment are able to see spirits in mirrors etc.
Most of you that even do have the gift of discerment probably have never seen a spirit in a mirror because you were never aware that you can see spirits in mirrors. And when I say you can see spirits in mirrors I am not talking about your own reflection either.
You're serious too, aren't you? Lol??!!?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475458 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> .Your Church dates back to the 4th century!
"Your Church dates back to the 4th century"

No it doesn't Pad. It dates back to 33 AD. At no time did the Church that Christ started; and the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons the Apostles established, suddenly become a different group....or an abolished group.
I believe what you're trying to imply, is that Constantine changed it to a different Church in 313 AD. There is absolutely no proof of this and I don't know why fundamentals continue to imply it. The Church changed Constantine, not the other way around. Really, you believe a conspiracy fantasy scenario that conveniently fits on paper.. But only if you ignore Church teaching in the first 4 centuries and pretend Constantine introduced those things.
Roman has nothin to do with the title of a Church. Its Catholic. SO if you choose to use the title out of context, your guilty of misleading people.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#475459 Sep 9, 2013
.. Furthermore, there is overwhelming evidence that the first Christians (without a Christian Bible) followed anauthoritative leadership. Bishop Clement and Bishop Ignatius- ordained by the very hands of the Apostles- reveal the identity of the Church they were Baptized into. It looks Catholic in every way.

This truth destroys your theology, Pad. You would need to believe that Jesus Christ started an actual Church hierarchy, but they become corrupted with the truth and (although Christ promised the gates of hell wouldn't prevail) a Roman emperor did! Then, 1600 + yrs later, Evangelical born agains saved the day, by interpreting 66 of the 73 Books of the Christian Bible, NEVERMIND that these Evangelicals do not come to the same conclusions on Biblical truth, apparently that is not really important to Jesus Christ.
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475460 Sep 9, 2013
LORD of Hosts
1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob.
Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Selah.

Enter

LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475461 Sep 9, 2013
Monday, September 09, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."—Jeremiah 33:3.
HERE are different translations of these words. One version renders it, "I will shew thee great and fortified things." Another, "Great and reserved things." Now, there are reserved and special things in Christian experience: all the developments of spiritual life are not alike easy of attainment. There are the common frames and feelings of repentance, and faith, and joy, and hope, which are enjoyed by the entire family; but there is an upper realm of rapture, of communion, and conscious union with Christ, which is far from being the common dwelling-place of believers. We have not all the high privilege of John, to lean upon Jesus' bosom; nor of Paul, to be caught up into the third heaven. There are heights in experimental knowledge of the things of God which the eagle's eye of acumen and philosophic thought hath never seen: God alone can bear us there; but the chariot in which He takes us up, and the fiery steeds with which that chariot is dragged, are prevailing prayers. Prevailing prayer is victorious over the God of mercy, "By his strength he had power with God: yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto Him: he found Him in Beth-el, and there He spake with us." Prevailing prayer takes the Christian to Carmel, and enables him to cover heaven with clouds of blessing, and earth with floods of mercy. Prevailing prayer bears the Christian aloft to Pisgah, and shows him the inheritance reserved; it elevates us to Tabor and transfigures us, till in the likeness of his Lord, as He is, so are we also in this world. If you would reach to something higher than ordinary grovelling experience, look to the Rock that is higher than you, and gaze with the eye of faith through the window of importunate prayer. When you open the window on your side, it will not be bolted on the other.
yTube

AOL

#475462 Sep 9, 2013

"coming w/ ALL DECEPTION" ---ANTICHRIST

LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475463 Sep 9, 2013
We Fall Down by Passion Worship Band with Lyrics
This is one of my favorite Praise and Worship songs. It always has been since I first heard it in my early teen years.(Lyrics
Human Being

Basile, LA

#475464 Sep 9, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Yitzhak Baer wanted to showover a period of 10 centuries and under a severe challenge to exist,his Jewish people suvived,but he relates that the Jewish people alwayssffered wondering why God had dealt with them so strongly,like giving them life,and taking it away with callousness.
He mentioned
that the Jews suffered more under the Germanic Catholics,than they did in Spain.Jews were more willing to be martyred for their faith in Germany,than in Spain,he stated.
Pages 14 and 15 of this book.This s a statement of fact that should make Catholics think:
Yitzhak Baer"In the fourth century Christianity entered into an alliance with the Roman Empire, for all the latter;s iniquities,in anticipation of the day when it would possess enough strength to inculcate the pirit of righteousness and divine jutice into the institution of the Gentiles. Fortified with this outlook, the Christian Church rose to a dominant positon among the powers of the earth, whereas Israel remained alone, fulfilling the function of the "city of God" besiegd by the icked surviving only by dint of its faith in God who can b trusted to fulfil His promise.
The Christian Church, united with the Romn Empire(in the 4th Century), wiped out pagan worship,bt it could not ad dared not destroy Israel completely
"SLAY them not,lest my people forget; make them wander to and fro by Thy power." (Psalms 59:12)"
"The Roman emperors relegated the dispersed Jews to the position of second-class citizens with limited rights.They enacted laws to prevent the spread of Judaism.They oppressed the Jewish community in Palestine and abolished the official authoriy of the Patriarch. Catholicism(Christianity),thus in doctrine andin deed, imposed upon Israel the sentence of Galut(dispersion)."Pages 14-15.
But let me back up to this statement by Baer"Until the Roman Empire turned Christian, the position of Christianity with respect to the Empire and pagan society was similar to the position of Israel among the nations. Christianity succeeded in converting the Roman Empire, not only because it discarded the nation and ritual elements of the teachings of the rabbis,but also because it presented the mythic elements common to both Judaism and Christianity in SIMPLE, RATONAL t e r m s, and related them to existing social and POLTICAL CONDITIONS.FROM THE TIME te t w o religions separated and until the end of the Middle Ages the rivalry between Judaism and Christianity did not revolve around fundamental differences of faith and ethics,but took the form of a contest between two divergent conceptions of human history and two conflicting approaches to the problem of salvation, each seeking to gain ascendancy over the other.Without a knowledgeof these theoretical condiserations it is impossible to understand the harsh fate which befell our people during the Middle Ages." Page 14.{A History of the Jews in Christian Spain}.
In the year 418 The Bishop of Mayorca, wrote a letter to the Caholics of that place and on the Island of Minorca,that allJews foun on the island shall be forced to become Christians, but first they torched the existing Synagogue.The Jews reminded themselves of the Maccabean martyrs, both men and women fought to their deaths with deeds of herosim and self-sacrifice. Still 540 Jews were forced to convert or die.
Pad

Peace

It does sound like an interesting book. And it would appear that the author states his Jewish view of salvation differs from that of the Christian view, then we can see where he draws the proverbial "line in the sand".

Remember as a Christian there is neither Jew nor Greek, as you read....And obviously, the introduction of the spread of Islam, had everyone "up in arms". It is to bad humanity usurps the peace which God would bestow on those who seek Him.(No matter who they call themselves.)

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min bad bob 26,216
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min arrr 985,693
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 4 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 5 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web