Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,150
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#475157 Sep 6, 2013
design is part of creation..

Are you for sure dear God..real Creator did not know how design go as well why?

Every chemical elements are so dangarose.
ele ele ele m.ante mantle

please tell me
why wmro kill alex

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#475158 Sep 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But and however....in the Scripture you quoted...I see no reference to a person "called of God".
You are not comparing apples to apples....you are comparing onions to peaches!!!!
God blesses those who choose to pray for others because they love them.

even oldjg prayed for that young girl, while you sat over in the devils chair acting SMART like you always do.

you in the last few months have came out of the devils closet and showed your true colors.

now you can attack the catholic church on this Forum, but that doesn't fool the rest of we Christians, YOU ARE NOT ON OUR SIDE.

this is the same young girl who gave a testimony to her young school friends and you mocked it over a Capitalization or lack of.

and it would have pleased the devil a lot if she had been seriously hurt or killed, there would have went a great testimony lost. it behooves ALL Christians to pray for these young children, in this world that we live in and in our near future, they are going to need a Close Relationship with the Lord to Survive, physically and mentally.

SO OXBORE, YOU CONTINUE TO MOCK HER AND CHOOSE NOT TO PRAY FOR HER, BUT SOMEDAY, THE TABLES MAY BE TURNED AND IT WILL BE YOU WWHO HAS A LOVED ONE THAT HAS JUST BEEN SAVED OR INJURED AND YOU NEED TO ASK OTHERS TO PRAY FOR THEM.

Do I Need to ask other to pray for her when I can ask Him Myself. the answer is NO! I know that He hears me, but if I ask others to pray, one of them might get the answer from God and that answer gives them the strength to go on. We Never know. so why should I stay silent and maybe knock them out of a Blessing from God.

and the Good thing about this Walk is this. Wed night as I walked into church, a Sister said to me. "Preston, you were on my mind last night and I prayed for you". so yeah, I was worried for my Babe, and God knew that and He laid it upon someone to Pray for me. but I know that the actual request made by the Holy Spirit was for her, not really for me.

That is how God works for each of us that Loves Him. So Oxbore, your words don't affect me, I know God loves me and nothing that the devil and you can say to me, will change or affect that.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475159 Sep 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I'd xxx and ooo you back but your not my type...
I know, I'm only 50% Greek...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#475160 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Divorced people are not excommunicated, Rose.
Excommunication isn't a vindictive penalty-it's a medicinal penalty, intended not so much to punish the excommunicant, as to correct him and bring him back to the correct path.
And really?? You don't think that's those who keep voting pro ABORTION...And those old monarchs ..could have been and SHOUKD be corrected ????

CONGRESS ..ok a least they tried to limit abortion...s those liberals,voted against it..km betting at least some might chAnge
If Excommunication was,on the table .

And what about those joining CATHOLICS FOR CHOICE and advertising it.

I get that contraception is not black and white ..

But abortion is outright murder that these folks condone and enable .

Seriously why are they still able to call themselves,Catholic and go to
PAPAL ceremonies

Obviously each church has people who rebel..there,are some churches who would try reason and prayer....first as we should ..But if unrepentant behaviour that endangers,not only babies,but the immortal souks if the mom...continued ..they would be kicked out

You guys Have do much power and do not do this??? Pelosi and the others should not be able to claim Catholicism when they vote ..And at election TIME..influencing other CATHOLIC S..talk about heresy ..

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#475161 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

How did Jesus come into your life?

I can see you chose not to answer the question. Why? To much honesty for you to handle and express?

Or more accurately, you don't want to admit that YOU CHOSE TO BELEIVE THE WAY YOU DO - which is what I've said along - Self - it all begins and ends with you.

Well? Speak up.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I really think NASL,that you are more a puffed up smug person.You are staggeringly a pain to the most inner quadrants,and not a good pain either.If you are so dense,or rather stubborn,in your pursuit to confuse,and boggle up everything that is good.Really you are,I wish you could see yourself from my vantage point.
"a staggering pain" - NICE!! I'm doing what "God" has told me to do, give it to them directly so it hits, right where it counts.

If you were to be more honest with me and others, you would not have this pain for much longer, because the dismay will be replaced with astonishment.

Are you afraid?

BTW - I don't come to confuse, but to set straight that which man has caused to be false.

BOO-YAH!!

:o)
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>This god you think you are is filling your mind with garbage about the true gospel of our Lord.
It is? Now you blaspheme "God"? Shame on you.

Yes Pad, your "God" is the same god that I believe. EXCEPT FOR ONE IMPORTANT FEATURE - my god doesn't send his children to a place of torment, like yours does. My god loves always.

Looks like you have teh wrong god.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you humble yourself to the Living God,and leave it at that?

Oh I am very humble. You just see the "direct" person I am. It has nothign to do with being humble.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No you are trying to conjure up from within yourself some demigog that really is only a thing from the pit,one of Satan's demons.

It is? Please provide a citation to this effect.

It is odd though you think of my life this way, when in fact we've never met, never had any other contact except thru this forum, nor even seen a picture. Yet you can disclose to the world what you think is happening to me.

Are you psychic or just being dishonest?

Hmmmmm.....
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You are not a god,nor will you be one.I am not called to be Christ,I am called to imitate Him,and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me into His resurrected life.
You are correct, I am not a god, nor am I a demi-god, just a guy who lives in ABQ, NM.

If you were to beleive in Jesus, you sure cut off the most important aspects of him. Why?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You play games with the Christian truths like no one else here.
No - I am trying to correct the "Christian truth".
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>In the past I stayed clear of you,because I knew that the New Age totally captivated your mind,but now I am convinced more than ever it is really bad.

Wrong again Pad, it is not "bad". But with you believing what men have stated as true - instead of Jesus, I can see how you can misunderstand Jesus' position.

<<continued>>

Albuquerque, NM

#475162 Sep 6, 2013
<<continued to Pad>>
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>If we were not on this thread and facing each other,and you spoke to me constantly as you do here,I would have taken a firm stand against your garbage a long time ago.
Really? A firm stand against what Jesus taught. Gotcha! You just can't handle Jesus and his radical views. This could be the reason on why he was killed - people like you couldn't stand the truth he presented, and so they killed him.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt that Jesus wants us to live victorious lives,and to do what He did,and as He said even more,but that is all within the limits of the Holy Spirit,WHO is the 3rd Person of the Godhead,and HE calls the shots,and leads us to what we need to do to help human kind.
okay. Then why don't you beleive in all of what he taught?

Too much for you to handle?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Read Job sometime,it will help you to understand that just because you may have some truth,it is not enough,because GOD our Father is way beyond your scope of what is and what is not!
Ah yes, "God" allowing Satan to do harm to humans.

Yeah, yeah - I've read it. Job is faithful, and that is the story line. Unfortunately the story still includes "Satan" and "God" having a little game - Job being the ante.

Why do you promote "Satan" harming humans, all the while "God" allowing it to happen?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to be like the Pharisees NASL,who tried to destroy the Gospel because they did not know G o d Himself was behind it?
Uhm - Pad, you are the one who is preaching this or that - like the Pharisees.

I'm only pointing out the facts that most (if not all) so-called "Christians" refuse to acknowledge.

Sounds to me, you are trying to push your errors back onto me.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Gamaliel who taught Paul warned them to be careful,as they might end up fighting God Himself.Becareful with this road you are on!
Glad you posted this. It shows how "Paul" a 3rd generation disciple, is NOT an Apostle, but only in his own mind. Funny, just like you so-called "Christians" think you are "Christian" only in your own eyes, yet fall short of many of the qualifiers set forth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475163 Sep 6, 2013
olimp ele ele ele=alex
stafetatitochurchil chu chu chu chi chi chi chi chu chu chuchi chi chi

now oli mp
see which oli mp
pili pili pili
25/25/25/

lag please
why lag clergy large cragle kra kra kra kradljivci
lupezi popuzeeeeee thiefs sef=1001 night sefi open yourself sezame..to whom=that black door ..lift up soul in vain..

dear God how you call that person which sweare in vain as falsyyyyyy
is that corupt law=waltopurac

no mr and mrs walter your purac is gun not pure holy spirit..

Why you need gun?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#475164 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>God blesses those who choose to pray for others because they love them.
even oldjg prayed for that young girl, while you sat over in the devils chair acting SMART like you always do.
you in the last few months have came out of the devils closet and showed your true colors.
now you can attack the catholic church on this Forum, but that doesn't fool the rest of we Christians, YOU ARE NOT ON OUR SIDE.
this is the same young girl who gave a testimony to her young school friends and you mocked it over a Capitalization or lack of.
and it would have pleased the devil a lot if she had been seriously hurt or killed, there would have went a great testimony lost. it behooves ALL Christians to pray for these young children, in this world that we live in and in our near future, they are going to need a Close Relationship with the Lord to Survive, physically and mentally.
SO OXBORE, YOU CONTINUE TO MOCK HER AND CHOOSE NOT TO PRAY FOR HER, BUT SOMEDAY, THE TABLES MAY BE TURNED AND IT WILL BE YOU WWHO HAS A LOVED ONE THAT HAS JUST BEEN SAVED OR INJURED AND YOU NEED TO ASK OTHERS TO PRAY FOR THEM.
Do I Need to ask other to pray for her when I can ask Him Myself. the answer is NO! I know that He hears me, but if I ask others to pray, one of them might get the answer from God and that answer gives them the strength to go on. We Never know. so why should I stay silent and maybe knock them out of a Blessing from God.
and the Good thing about this Walk is this. Wed night as I walked into church, a Sister said to me. "Preston, you were on my mind last night and I prayed for you". so yeah, I was worried for my Babe, and God knew that and He laid it upon someone to Pray for me. but I know that the actual request made by the Holy Spirit was for her, not really for me.
That is how God works for each of us that Loves Him. So Oxbore, your words don't affect me, I know God loves me and nothing that the devil and you can say to me, will change or affect that.
Amen ...And as I tried to tell him..we are gold to join together in prayer ...as believers ...

I pray she gets better each day Preston..

Was anything broken..or did she get a,mouth infection ???

Albuquerque, NM

#475165 Sep 6, 2013

How did Jesus come into your life?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I really think NASL,that you are more a puffed up smug person.You are staggeringly a pain to the most inner quadrants,and not a good pain either.If you are so dense,or rather stubborn,in your pursuit to confuse,and boggle up everything that is good.Really you are,I wish you could see yourself from my vantage point.
This god you think you are is filling your mind with garbage about the true gospel of our Lord.Why don't you humble yourself to the Living God,and leave it at that? No you are trying to conjure up from within yourself some demigog that really is only a thing from the pit,one of Satan's demons. You are not a god,nor will you be one.I am not called to be Christ,I am called to imitate Him,and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me into His resurrected life.
You play games with the Christian truths like no one else here.In the past I stayed clear of you,because I knew that the New Age totally captivated your mind,but now I am convinced more than ever it is really bad. If we were not on this thread and facing each other,and you spoke to me constantly as you do here,I would have taken a firm stand against your garbage a long time ago.
I have no doubt that Jesus wants us to live victorious lives,and to do what He did,and as He said even more,but that is all within the limits of the Holy Spirit,WHO is the 3rd Person of the Godhead,and HE calls the shots,and leads us to what we need to do to help human kind.Read Job sometime,it will help you to understand that just because you may have some truth,it is not enough,because GOD our Father is way beyond your scope of what is and what is not!
Are you going to be like the Pharisees NASL,who tried to destroy the Gospel because they did not know G o d Himself was behind it?
Gamaliel who taught Paul warned them to be careful,as they might end up fighting God Himself.Becareful with this road you are on!
BTW Pad, not one of your comments above answered my question to you.

Why do you think diverting from answering will cause me to not question you again?

Yep - just like the Catholics.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475166 Sep 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Greek Orthodox Church I went to as a child...
"Some say excommunication is too severe a punishment. However, it is not done for punishment sake. It is not done to embarrass or humiliate the penitent. It is done as a spiritual discipline to call the person to an awareness of their broken state of sin and motivate them to properly repent and reconcile to those trespassed against as well as reconcile to the Church.
In our community, if the priest becomes aware of a situation that may be grounds for excommunication, he will most certainly attempt to personally contact you. This will be done to encourage repentance through confession and other means. It will also be done to let you know if you should not receive communion and for how long. If you have been excommunicated, please do not force the issue by approaching the chalice during Liturgy. The priest will have no choice but to refuse you communion. If you have any doubts about your preparedness to receive communion, please contact the priest. He will be happy to counsel and advise you. This is the traditional Orthodox Christian practice. God bless all of you!"
http://www.stgeorgegoc.org/PastorsCornerExcom...
Yes I am well aware what the orthodox church views are. Thank you for that link tho..

Albuquerque, NM

#475167 Sep 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
garbage against the true gospel of our Lord.My mistake in conveying the right way to state that to you NASL!
The "true gospel" you say.

So with you stating this, then you also have a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating which texts are of "His inspiration" and those which are not.

Right?

Or did you just add the qualifier to appease your own mind, because you don't follow the "true gospel" as Jesus expressed?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475168 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And really?? You don't think that's those who keep voting pro ABORTION...And those old monarchs ..could have been and SHOUKD be corrected ????
CONGRESS ..ok a least they tried to limit abortion...s those liberals,voted against it..km betting at least some might chAnge
If Excommunication was,on the table .
And what about those joining CATHOLICS FOR CHOICE and advertising it.
I get that contraception is not black and white ..
But abortion is outright murder that these folks condone and enable .
Seriously why are they still able to call themselves,Catholic and go to
PAPAL ceremonies
Obviously each church has people who rebel..there,are some churches who would try reason and prayer....first as we should ..But if unrepentant behaviour that endangers,not only babies,but the immortal souks if the mom...continued ..they would be kicked out
You guys Have do much power and do not do this??? Pelosi and the others should not be able to claim Catholicism when they vote ..And at election TIME..influencing other CATHOLIC S..talk about heresy ..
Well, I thought I already told you and cited in Canon Law where these folks are excommunicating themselves to the degree that they should not approach for receipt of certain of the Sacraments of the Church.

Excommunication is always 'on the table'. These people simply don't care. They're politicians.

I'm not sure what PAPAL ceremonies you're referring to here?

Recall that people are not condemned-their acts are judged, but not the people-God does that, not us. Excommunication is a very severe penalty.

Albuquerque, NM

#475169 Sep 6, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God is calling you and I to rely on Him,His attributes,His perfection,His Goodness,His life,His Resurrection to life as experienced by His Son Yeshua.So without Him we can do nothing,"All things are possible with God.""With God,all things are possible." What we cannot do He CAN!
"He" is? How? When? How do you know this? Did "God" tell you this?

Are you just making things up?

*sighs*

"What we cannot do He CAN!"
- Wrong.
- I couldn't save those children from dying on Christmas, and neither did "He".
- I couldn't save the girl who was raped 13 times by 13 different men within a 24 hour period of time, and neither did "He".

Stop making up things, you are starting to look foolish and ignorant.

Location hidden

#475171 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen ...And as I tried to tell him..we are gold to join together in prayer ...as believers ...
I pray she gets better each day Preston..
Was anything broken..or did she get a,mouth infection ???
a in her ankle has been stretched, but her biggest problem(to me) seems that she might have received a concussion, as she has some of those early symptoms.

and she does have a fat lip, which is going to take afew days to subside.

thanks for asking about her, I do appreciate it. she was here with me most of the day yesterday, as her mom had things to do and didn't want her to stay alone, so she sat in the chair and used cathies Laptop and amused herself.

I tried to get her to stay all night but momma wanted her close by.

Albuquerque, NM

#475172 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Uhm, okay. I'll take this as a compliment. Thanks!
<quoted text>
Untrue. I call you a liar and hypocrite, because of what you and other so-called "Christians" say.
I'm just making sure you see your own words as I do. Hypocritical and false.
You are the one who think men can define an infallible being, not me. Since you got this from men, I understand completely how deluded you are within and illusion created by those men.
It's not being hypocritical, it is being truthful.
<quoted text>
I do, but since this is a debate forum, stating the RCC is teh true church, I disagree, and have shown plenty of evidence and support to show that they aren't. In fact, the information I've provided clearly shows Christianity as a whole, is false.
<quoted text>
No, I don't. Please explain your version to me, as I jsut did mine above.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Your totally clueless.
That is all I have to say to you.
I understand that you have to call others names, because you can't answer the questions. No problem. You can call me anything you wish, as I and you (deep down) know that what you said isn't true.

This is how dismay rears its ugly head. First you refuse to answer the questions asked, and then you wallow in men.

No problem FoL - you are still a hypocrite and liar.

Until you can own this yourself, you will always remain ignorant to what Jesus taught and why he taught it.

Self. Don't you just love the many aspects of it?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475173 Sep 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I'm only 50% Greek...
Half Greek is good....but still...

Location hidden

#475174 Sep 6, 2013
left out the word [ligament] in her ankle maybe had been stretched
truth

Perth, Australia

#475175 Sep 6, 2013
stafted strafted oh oh oh giciguciguci gici fixci fixci
is that fixtion fix t ion..

ion is extremely strange
conductor

its mean someone who liked extremely discipline
and very careful strict silence..
its mean invisible mostly para evil program or projection..

but what they don't liked

prophet

please dear God
be good with me

Albuquerque, NM

#475176 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring 2000 years of TRUE Church History to support "everything and anything" that the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church teaches, believes and adheres to-------ALL OF WHICH "debunks and refutes" any and all of the "editorialized and exaggerated anti-catholic "hack written" statistics that comes out of some "remote and obscure website source that you have "dug up"!!!!!
You haven't brought shite....stop patting yourself on the back, you'll strain your shoulder muscles.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475177 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
The "true gospel" you say.
So with you stating this, then you also have a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating which texts are of "His inspiration" and those which are not.
Right?
Or did you just add the qualifier to appease your own mind, because you don't follow the "true gospel" as Jesus expressed?
So, either all scripture is divinely inspired, only some are divinely inspired, or none are divinely inspired.

You've decided which are inspired and which are not, while simultaneously flogging your opponent with demands to show you why his conclusions are valid, based upon your proclamation that he's wrong.

Circular logic.

You haven't actually deigned to tell us why the Canonic gospels aren't an authentic/complete collection of divinely inspired text. And, no, the mere existence of the Gospel of Thomas et.al. isn't proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 265,384
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Catcher1 777,455
Moses never existed 19 min bacon hater 794
Scientific proof for God's existence 44 min HipGnosis 44
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 51 min lcwo i rho 33
Couch Potato Alert 52 min yon 8
*Testimony NEVER shared publicly, until NOW 1 hr PreacherOpensHeart 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dolphin 441,808
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 175,775