Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,915
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475032 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a Christian, you would understand that
I am a son of God...that's why I asked..

Why, you, as man called of God, feel your prayers are not sufficient???

Location hidden

#475033 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree ..BUT JESUS asks us to agree with each other and join in prayers if we are His people ..
"if we are His people".....The Bible teaches we are not all His people...no "ifs" about it...

Location hidden

#475034 Sep 5, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just being plum rediculous.
There is not one thing wrong in asking others to pray for a loved one.
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and >>>pray one for another<<, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
What is your problem Oxbow.
I know the southern baptist believes in praying for one another.
Do they not have prayer request where you worship?
But and however....in the Scripture you quoted...I see no reference to a person "called of God".

You are not comparing apples to apples....you are comparing onions to peaches!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#475035 Sep 5, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a repentant way Marge.
I am not debating with you on this subject anymore.
No matter what I say or what scriptures I post,you still want to debate.
It's fruitless.
It is really late.
Have a good night.
I'm not debating you, when one repents to God through Jesus they receive the Holy Spirit of Jesus forever.

It's the Good News.

I tried to talk to you about suffering when we sin and even getting sick or dying because we sin as Saved people, but that does not mean ever we loose eternal life with Jesus.

Preach the Gospel and not fuzzy maybe good news already. sweet dreams God bless.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#475036 Sep 5, 2013
This thread in a visual graphic:

http://conbustible.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
truth

Perth, Australia

#475037 Sep 5, 2013
obey

noooooooo
its not like that
as in within
or in;at
some

on materialistic things as element is not obey
its touch then finish

you speak with not sense

love=minimum is understanding
understanding is conciseness

on cd stay as dot to dot as element on nuclear power
its materialistic things
money
possession
as well power
they going treat you with that=there is not obey
noooooooooo=necu

shut up will you
what a shame
shame on you think proply with head

its not mean sleep with me or love me

its mean conciseness why is like that

my lovly pape
you are allright
some birds speak
kome
isusu isusu isusu
cuje cuje cuje
uhuje uhuje uhuje
jeshuje jeshuje jeshuje
svetog hrama svetog hrama svetog hrama
abrahama abrahama abrahama

koga bi ti zelio da nema

jeli bolje da nema elemenata i materijalisma niti nucleara power..no

moj dobri pape
netriba nikom ichi nigdje
po nicijim ulicama i gradovima
mogu oni sami sa novom tehnologijom
sa bilo kojeg kraja svita svak protiv svakog..

bolje je mirno sprijeciti i stopati
razornu tehnologiju i njenu proizvodnju uz miran dogovor nego rat..

tehnologija ce unistiti cijeli svijet

u ovom gradu nema nista
nista razoreno
tama
ljudska tjelesa na ulicama leze
nema sunca
nema mjeseca
nema zvijezda
niko se ziv nemice
nigdi zive duse
translate then obej
truth

Perth, Australia

#475038 Sep 5, 2013
better not elements
not materialistic possession of nuclear power or any other..you don't need go in war..just stop production
remove nicely what you can remove..that's all peaceful..

this planet is as alive universal body as every other planet

its going reverse all of you
then finish..

how its going reverse
so simple

my mind is not yours

Since: Jul 13

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#475039 Sep 5, 2013
why these old pedophiles not in jail yet?
Clay

United States

#475040 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess,my sins yo my Lord And Saviour ..our Advocate to the FATHER
trust me..I know what I believe and nOT from a,Church tells me..I do have discernment ..more than I ever did as a CATHOLIC..That does not mean I think you ..any of you need to stop being Catholic ..it's your faith to practice ..what bugs me is the attitude that THEre is no faith outside the RCC..that's just not true .
Your own pope acknowledged it
I am evangelical only because in a very small way I have helped a few
Turn to Jesus ...I did nothing of myself ..it was the SPIRIT who moves them ..Not me at all..But if I can help...That is WHAT we are supposed to do ..spread the word..support missions if we are able ..the Great Commision..feed the Sheep in Jesus name ..
I know you are sincere in your belief ...And Not insulting to me.
I respect that ...and try to return it..
Its not all bout you. Evangelicals have a difficult time understanding that. I'm not encouraging you to come back to the Church for personal satisfaction. Christ wants everyone in the same fold, at the same table and sharing the same meal.
Yrs ago, you looked at the Catholic Church and said,'if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'. That was wrong, Rose. So many leave the Church as a result of this mentality.
Trust me, the last thing in the world I wanted, was to be Catholic. But I had no choice if I was going to be true to my Christian faith. Now the graces are more than I've ever imagined.
I listened to every possible argument from the evangelical side. There is no way we can let lies into our faith formation. And that's exactly what the reformers started out on. 400 yrs later, every sacrament the Apostles gave us is undone. The Eucharist is mocked, Baptism is changed, the Church is re-defined, Holy Scripture is altered; the word of God is changing from generation to generation. Yet, God in His infinite love and mercy, individually embraces you all. Amazing.. Collectively, He lets your man made doctrines run its chaotic course.
Clay

United States

#475041 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Marge, I just went in and got a Pepsi, and the Lord let me know that you have stepped over the line.
you lied about me, and by doing so, you have sinned against me and against God.
"touch not mine Anointed, and do my Prophets no harm".
On a Public forum , you have tried to make me out to be a liar, you had better Repent of this harm that you have tried to cause me.
some mens/womens go to the Judgement ahead of them,
and some follow.
where will you be?
Wow. I can't wrap my mind around your....never mind. Just wow.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475042 Sep 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
Who cares if you don't!! Apologistic Authors and writers, including the overwhelming majority Church Historians, for over 2000 years debunk "AL" and "EVERYTHING" that your (narrow) anti-catholic mind chooses to believe----EVEN with the vast majority of your 42,000 other contradicting Protestants.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#475043 Sep 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how often you repeat your lie...it changes not the truth...
Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
And...as I showed you....your cult is a denomination...the largest in the country!!!!!
The TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and Jesus Christs One TRUE Catholic Church, has been there for over 2000 years!! Just because you were "born yesterday" you think that now, in 2013, that you "are deciding" to change it!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#475044 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not all bout you. Evangelicals have a difficult time understanding that. I'm not encouraging you to come back to the Church for personal satisfaction. Christ wants everyone in the same fold, at the same table and sharing the same meal.
Yrs ago, you looked at the Catholic Church and said,'if you don't give me what I want, I'll go elsewhere'. That was wrong, Rose. So many leave the Church as a result of this mentality.
Trust me, the last thing in the world I wanted, was to be Catholic. But I had no choice if I was going to be true to my Christian faith. Now the graces are more than I've ever imagined.
I listened to every possible argument from the evangelical side. There is no way we can let lies into our faith formation. And that's exactly what the reformers started out on. 400 yrs later, every sacrament the Apostles gave us is undone. The Eucharist is mocked, Baptism is changed, the Church is re-defined, Holy Scripture is altered; the word of God is changing from generation to generation. Yet, God in His infinite love and mercy, individually embraces you all. Amazing.. Collectively, He lets your man made doctrines run its chaotic course.
I'm happy for you truly that you found your home in the,Catholic Church .
I do not agree that following the,dictates,of scripture regarding salvation is undoing anything .

Somewhere during its,history..NIT from the apostles,..You all decided to reverence Mary as,Queen of Heaven.

Personally ..I feel that is,the province of your Church ..I always,thought at some point it was to attract women...the heart of your Church..to worship..as without Mary ..I do not think so many w omen especially of my grandmother's,generation Would have remained so ardent in their faith ..having a,woman who had been a,mother to pray to
It touches,women's hearts,...I won't go into this,further as,I'm sure,Jesus,loved His mother ..it was a choice y our Church made to worship her ..I do not think you worship statues

This is a change you ..well the RCC made to the APOSTLES teAchings ..Mary was a a mother and a follower of Her Son ..I'm sure the apostles,treated her with respect ..nowhere dies it say they worshipped her ..Not asked her to pray for them ..I'm sure .She,was humble..so was,Peter ..

But it is your Church ..they do as they please ..a lot of good things..some bad through history

I choose as must we all..as,you did to worship my Lord And Saviour alone ..I ..for myself ..And yes
Each person's walk is totally personal.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong ..I'm appalled about the,Church and evolution ..But that's your current belief ..If Pope Pius in his encyclical did not buy it .supposedly ex cathedra....well I think it's changing the rules ..to then change ..But AGain ..it's the RCC ..they can change how they like .

I believe in the bible as GODS INSPIRED word to His children on the matter ..

But These things,do not make salvation ...only belief in our Saviour
Does

I may just have not chosen to be a, GOOD Catholic when I was younger .

I fully believe GOD gave me the gift of Grace much later in life and it had nothing to do with the RCC..except the knowledge of Jesus,I had as a child made it much easier to accept the mysteries..which I never doubted.

I came on here thinking God will sort out differences in the end..He will
I just did not realize how many more differences there are .

Again our God is,almighty ..His Son is,Saviour for all of us .

The rest is up to Him .

Peace

Location hidden

#475045 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if you don't!! Apologistic Authors and writers, including the overwhelming majority Church Historians, for over 2000 years debunk "AL" and "EVERYTHING" that your (narrow) anti-catholic mind chooses to believe----EVEN with the vast majority of your 42,000 other contradicting Protestants.
There is no support for your lies...."church" as used in the NT is not defined as Roman Catholic church...
Your cult is a denomination...the largest in the USA...Christ built no denomination...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#475046 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NONE of those policicians are TRUE Catholics! Just like some "talkative liberal Protestant" (so-called Christians), they are "in name only"!!
~~~

Before the world they are recognized as legit Roman Catholics..

just as your sodomizing priest...

your Church has no standard of Holiness..because you have invented your own carnal religion...

Unless you are born again as per Jesus require ..

your hearts are

regenerated..and you are not Christians..

You deny the words of Jesus...

when he said..

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

You are not Christians... until you obey Jesus' commandments..

your conjecture just wont cut it...

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#475047 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy for you truly that you found your home in the,Catholic Church .
I do not agree that following the,dictates,of scripture regarding salvation is undoing anything .
Somewhere during its,history..NIT from the apostles,..You all decided to reverence Mary as,Queen of Heaven.
Personally ..I feel that is,the province of your Church ..I always,thought at some point it was to attract women...the heart of your Church..to worship..as without Mary ..I do not think so many w omen especially of my grandmother's,generation Would have remained so ardent in their faith ..having a,woman who had been a,mother to pray to
It touches,women's hearts,...I won't go into this,further as,I'm sure,Jesus,loved His mother ..it was a choice y our Church made to worship her ..I do not think you worship statues
This is a change you ..well the RCC made to the APOSTLES teAchings ..Mary was a a mother and a follower of Her Son ..I'm sure the apostles,treated her with respect ..nowhere dies it say they worshipped her ..Not asked her to pray for them ..I'm sure .She,was humble..so was,Peter ..
But it is your Church ..they do as they please ..a lot of good things..some bad through history
I choose as must we all..as,you did to worship my Lord And Saviour alone ..I ..for myself ..And yes
Each person's walk is totally personal.
I'm not saying you are right or wrong ..I'm appalled about the,Church and evolution ..But that's your current belief ..If Pope Pius in his encyclical did not buy it .supposedly ex cathedra....well I think it's changing the rules ..to then change ..But AGain ..it's the RCC ..they can change how they like .
I believe in the bible as GODS INSPIRED word to His children on the matter ..
But These things,do not make salvation ...only belief in our Saviour
Does
I may just have not chosen to be a, GOOD Catholic when I was younger .
I fully believe GOD gave me the gift of Grace much later in life and it had nothing to do with the RCC..except the knowledge of Jesus,I had as a child made it much easier to accept the mysteries..which I never doubted.
I came on here thinking God will sort out differences in the end..He will
I just did not realize how many more differences there are .
Again our God is,almighty ..His Son is,Saviour for all of us .
The rest is up to Him .
Peace
Two things and I'll put it to rest:

- we do not worship Mary. Period. Yes she is Queen of Heaven. Isn't Heaven a kingdom? We know who the King is, so who's the Queen?
That's what I mean when I said Evangelicals have to accept a series of lies and actually bear false witness against the Catholic Church in order to begin their religion. You falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary.

- you're essentially saying to Jesus that He 'never started a Church' the way the first 1600 yrs of Christianity thought. You're saying He started a group of believers who had a Bible.
I challenge you to provide scripture where Christ says anything close to that. Not to mention which Books we are to go by.
I'm tellin you Rose, you are greatly in error. You can't get caught up in this cult crap. Its of the devil and I've proved it with how they use deception to take on the Catholic Church.

- my faith is strengthened and my pity grows every time I hear the fundies falsely accuse me of worshiping Saints and Mary. What utter nonsense.!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#475048 Sep 6, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
a lot of people are christian in name only and not in there deeds:
note you should all go onto the site www.new world order and read through it very carefully and start a discussion .
Doug says.....a lot of people are christian in name only and not in there deeds.

Michael says......a lot of people are christian ONLY because they were born into it.

When will you learn that there are billions in our world who are not christian and do good deeds all the time.

You have been misled and blinded by the faith.

BUSTED!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#475049 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do so-called "Christians" refuse to answer questions that affect their belief?
What are they afraid of? Persecution from within their own groups? Ridicule? Animosity? Loss of friends?
Honesty is and can be very telling.
NASL says.....Why do so-called "Christians" refuse to answer questions that affect their belief?

Michael says........Those who grew up in catholicism have to admit it really is brainwashing.

I remember in catholic grade school NEVER allowed to ask questions about catholic beliefs being taught by the teacher.......however the next subjects we were taught ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU LIKE.........thats how we learn the teachers would say.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#475050 Sep 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is pro-choice is NOT a "staunch" Catholic.
Anyone who says so is a trouble maker.
ReginaM says.....Anyone who is pro-choice is NOT a "staunch" Catholic.

Below catholics for choice!

http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/actioncente...

http://www.wusa9.com/news/story.aspx...

Michael says.....Today MOST catholics are pro-choice. I believe 51% of catholics. Over 85% of catholics are in favor of contraception. More catholic women per 1,000 have abortions more often than protestant women.

The facts are there, the truth hurts, staunch catholics are dwindling very quickly. Soon it will just be you ANTHONY, HOJO and CLAY.....

Myself I am pro-life but my decision has nothing to do with the catholic church.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#475051 Sep 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."
<quoted text>
John is telling you and everyone who believes you can lose your salvation that people from church went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. Those who leave or walk away from God were never saved in the first place. Got it!
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you were a Christian, then you would understand what john was talking about.
even today, in our churches, we have people that work(volunteers) and help us, yet are not Saved. this isn't hard to understand.
for instance, our Altar was refinished by our SS duper, yet he was not Saved
If I were a Christian? Really! Read what I said in my post. It is very simple. Not everyone who goes to worship is a believer. If I sit in a garage long enough will I become a car? Of course not. The same is true in church. If someone attends church and then for some reason leaves the church and goes back to the world are you telling me they have "lost their salvation"? Those are the people John is talking about in I John 2:19.

I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

1. They went out from us....the "us"--are believers
2. But they did not really belong to us...."they"--not believers
3. For if they had belonged to us....."IF"
4. They would have remained with us....again, they left
5. But their going showed that none of them belonged to us....when they left it proved they were never saved and did not belong to Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Pegasus 270,045
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Christian with Jesus 817,463
Poll Do misspelling and bad grammar bother you? (Dec '07) 44 min stemaxgizmo 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min dollarsbill 1,961
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 50 min stemaxgizmo 2,185
Why is Pakistan a world superpower (Dec '08) 1 hr Hamad 36
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 39,952
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web