Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,924
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#474993 Sep 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, go to confession then experience the daily Mass and Eucharist. Trust me. Your encounter with Christ will be more than you possibly could imagine.
You come on this forum allot, and I know you realize how deception greatly sustains evangelicalism. In reality, the evangelical movement can't function without deception. Its been proven a hundred times over, so you can't ignore it anymore. That's not to say the individual evangelical (like yourself) can't function. I mean, God loves you more than any of us can fathom.
I believe God is disappointed you're caught up in the doctrinal disaster of Protestantism. Don't turn your back on the Eucharist. Its spiritual food from Heaven and you could have it tomorrow if you wanted.
I confess,my sins yo my Lord And Saviour ..our Advocate to the FATHER

trust me..I know what I believe and nOT from a,Church tells me..I do have discernment ..more than I ever did as a CATHOLIC..That does not mean I think you ..any of you need to stop being Catholic ..it's your faith to practice ..what bugs me is the attitude that THEre is no faith outside the RCC..that's just not true .

Your own pope acknowledged it

I am evangelical only because in a very small way I have helped a few
Turn to Jesus ...I did nothing of myself ..it was the SPIRIT who moves them ..Not me at all..But if I can help...That is WHAT we are supposed to do ..spread the word..support missions if we are able ..the Great Commision..feed the Sheep in Jesus name ..

I know you are sincere in your belief ...And Not insulting to me.

I respect that ...and try to return it..

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474994 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't you think a person has a right to believe anyway they choose?
- if you did, your comment would never have made it to the forum.
Thanks!
LOL!

You are a hoot,you know that?.

All you do is call others liars and hypocrites because we don't believe in that new age stuff,yet you judge and asked;

Don't you think a person has a right to believe anyway they choose?
if you did, your comment would never have made it to the forum.
Thanks!

Now,do you see how silly and hypocritical that statement is?
finalprophecies

AOL

#474995 Sep 5, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

marge

Ames, IA

#474996 Sep 5, 2013
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474997 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Flo. Do you?
I have a big sis and a bigger sis already and think you and preston and pad and gif are being fuzzy with the True Gospel.
I'll be watching and correctly you's when I have time. God Bless.
GIF, Karens Father in Law and myself, possess something that you don't have and that is His Anointing of the Holy Spirit which means that we are not going to be lying nor Present a False Gospel while we are Preaching.

her words and mine have went right over your head. Both of us agree that it is a "repenting" Way. a "mark" that is reachable for anyone or everyone to agree on. when it comes to OSAS. Read Luke 13:3. and neither of us feel this is a compromising position. it is Biblical and it refers to ALL Christians.

I myself have had to "hit" the altar a time or to myself. when I sinned against God and He let me know it. Nor am I ashamed to admit that I am weak and Need Him 24/7

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474998 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.
Amen ..Marge

God bless you
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#474999 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming because of what SHE says,that she actually with Biden went to the,Popes,mass ...THST she says,she practices her faith in the,CHURCH..THat she is,a staunch CATHOLic ...
As,i said I'm betting because if what they both say ..That she and Biden go to Confession as, one of your posters,says,is important to do .
That's what I was saying before ..sacraments by rote ...
CONFESSION with true contrition to our Saviuit means much more than going to a confession to the priest..performing the prayers,of Penance ..which I still don't get..
Then going and running the Country .
Which is what the ORIGINAL posts were about ..Catholics in Congress .
And,I purposely went to a,CATHOLIC site because I did not know there were,so many pro abortion Catholics in Congress ..
Then perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. If so, I apologize.

It sounds to me, Rose, like you did a lot of memorizing of the faith when you were a child, but you never really understood it. Later, as an adult, you didn't bother to remedy that situation. Do you assume that all Catholics do the same? I can assure you they do not. However, there are some that do.

To receive the Sacraments "by rote", as you put it, is usually the result of people not understanding their faith and not caring enough to find out. That's their fault, not the Church's. Nor is it the fault of the Catholic faith as it was handed down by the Apostles. Poor catechesis can and does happen, but more often then not the problem lies with the individual.

“Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”

You can make all the excuses you like, but just because some people are too lazy and go to confession and communion "by rote" as you did, doesn't mean that Christ didn't institute the Sacraments, or that the Church didn't confer these Sacraments from her earliest days. Faithful Catholics do their best to repent of their sins and receive the Eucharist with reverence and love. News articles about the Kennedys, Bidens, and Pelosis of this world are nothing but a sad attempt to justify rejection of the Church Jesus founded and the sacraments He instituted. It's a cheap shot.
marge

Ames, IA

#475000 Sep 5, 2013
The Truth will Set You Free
…34Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35"The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.…
marge

Ames, IA

#475001 Sep 5, 2013
Who wants to be set Free to serve the One and Only God forever!

And only Him shall ye serve!

Location hidden

#475002 Sep 5, 2013
My granddaughter is having a lot of Pain and I just told her that I would request prayer for her. as a new convert, she doesn't know how much Power that can be gained through prayer. so please pray for her if you believe in the Power of prayer to heal her.
marge

Ames, IA

#475003 Sep 5, 2013
You lied to me the last time Preston, I never ever said it's ok to sin.

And you have a false Gospel if you think a SAVED person can send themselves to Hell.

May God Bless you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475004 Sep 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you realize that
All you have is hearsay that has been passed down an edited by your popes
with over 40 different additions of of dogma and heaven only knows how man rituals have been assumed into your add mixture of religious exercises...
AGAIN ...WHAT JESUS RESPONDED TO ...WHEN THE THIEF WAS ON THE CROSS
WAS...
Luk_23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
JESUS' RESPONSE WAS...
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
WHY DO YOU REQUIRE A PERSON TO JUMP THROUGH ALL YOUR CATHOLIC HOOPS
RITUALS AND CALISTHENICS...
AND AFTER THEY HAVE FULFILLED ALL OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC LAWS...
THEY ARE PROMISE NOTHING MORE THAN
A BINGO GAME..A LOTTO
A GAMBLERS CHOICE..
THE WORDS OF Paul and Silas,
WAS..
Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
We are going to hell in a hand-basket. Our president calls California to congratulate their legalizing same sex marriage...

Our government has legalized the killing of babies...as long as it is done in the womb of the mother.

God gives us, as he has done in the past, the government we deserve.

Quote: Isa 3:1-5 For behold, the Lord GOD of hosts is going to remove from Jerusalem and Judah both supply and support, the whole supply of bread, and the whole supply of water; 2 the mighty man and the warrior, the judge and the prophet, the diviner and the elder, 3 the captain of fifty and the honorable man, the counselor and the expert artisan, and the skillful enchanter. 4 And I will make mere lads their princes and capricious children will rule over them. 5 And the people will be oppressed, each one by another, and each one by his neighbor. The youth will storm against the elder, and the inferior against the honorable.

Location hidden

#475005 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Flo. Do you?
I have a big sis and a bigger sis already and think you and preston and pad and gif are being fuzzy with the True Gospel.
I'll be watching and correctly you's when I have time. God Bless.
Uh Marge dear,if I need correcting,the Lord will correct me through the Holy Spirit.

Ok?

Location hidden

#475006 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
And you have a false Gospel if you think a SAVED person can send themselves to Hell.
May God Bless you.
why do you lie about Me?

I just posted that I had never said that you said it was OK to sin. Yesterday, I believe.

and I have never said that a Saved person would send themselves to hell. that is an Oxymoron.

Location hidden

#475007 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
May God Bless you.
here is my post.

I HAVE NEVER said that you or anyone else has said it is ok to sin. I don't think that you believe that at all.

however you fail to grasp the whole idea of OSAS, and Demas is the best example of a person who loved the Lord and worked for him, yet he left him. and this didn't just happen overnight. a person gets cold in their prayer life, cold in their church attendance(and I certainly am not inferring if a person cant and doesn't attend because of sickness or an injury), they have no Testimony for what God is doing in their life, since they aren't doing anything with Him. and then, they have no interest in Him and they are in a worse shape than if they had never been saved in the first place(and that is Biblical, not my opinion. as far as rewards in heaven, those rewards are NEVER based on sin, and I don't have a clue as to where you would ever get a foolish idea like that. it isn't Biblical. Our Rewards in heaven are based on what we [do] for the Lord, not for what we don't do. A Saved person will never feel the hand of God in anger, except for disobedience in this world, NOT IN HEAVEN. if a person feels the hand of God because of sin and doesn't Repent, that person will not make it into Heaven, that is just common sense. that is what Karen, myself, gif and PAD are trying to tell you, if you would listen, but you are a very hard headed individual and think that you know it all.(Yesterday | post #474815)

ME: this is a good example of why I have no confidence in you Marge, you lie and it is easy to catch you in your lies.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475008 Sep 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. If so, I apologize.
It sounds to me, Rose, like you did a lot of memorizing of the faith when you were a child, but you never really understood it. Later, as an adult, you didn't bother to remedy that situation. Do you assume that all Catholics do the same? I can assure you they do not. However, there are some that do.
To receive the Sacraments "by rote", as you put it, is usually the result of people not understanding their faith and not caring enough to find out. That's their fault, not the Church's. Nor is it the fault of the Catholic faith as it was handed down by the Apostles. Poor catechesis can and does happen, but more often then not the problem lies with the individual.
“Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”
You can make all the excuses you like, but just because some people are too lazy and go to confession and communion "by rote" as you did, doesn't mean that Christ didn't institute the Sacraments, or that the Church didn't confer these Sacraments from her earliest days. Faithful Catholics do their best to repent of their sins and receive the Eucharist with reverence and love. News articles about the Kennedys, Bidens, and Pelosis of this world are nothing but a sad attempt to justify rejection of the Church Jesus founded and the sacraments He instituted. It's a cheap shot.
1 the original post was about Catholics,in Congress ..I was on topic ..

2any apology I accepted I did as rand up for JFK as s president ...
and got the Catholic site on THE TOPIC...as I dif not know the answer

3. If you HAVE ever read my b posts,I SAID I Did NOT find true Faith within the,Church ...I left ..Not them ..they did educate me about Jesus and His life ..

4 I have said over and over ...another thing you did not read ..That I know many Catholics,who are true believers,in the Lord Jesus,Christ.

I never said they did not ..

5 I found true Faith in our Saviour Jesus,Christ many years after I left the Church and I love Him..mind..heart and spirit and soul .

What I object yo is the inference that only Catholics know,Jesus ..I do not believe it .

If the faith if it's people is the thing...That I get ...as when we come before Our Lord it will be one by one ..

Location hidden

#475009 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you Protestant anti-catholic "fundies" that decided this "ON YOUR OWN", which books of the bible are (supposedly inspired)!! Your man-made "bible only" editorialized (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It is nothing more than a "man-made concocted" religion of a mish-mash of 42,000+ contradicting self-interpreting popes that have never nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
You have no support...none....for your lie....Proof of that is hereby restated....

Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.

I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....

Location hidden

#475010 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
My granddaughter is having a lot of Pain and I just told her that I would request prayer for her. as a new convert, she doesn't know how much Power that can be gained through prayer. so please pray for her if you believe in the Power of prayer to heal her.
Bless her heart. She will grow in her faith.
She is in my prayers.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475011 Sep 5, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Dear Father..

We ask you for healing of this precious child .

She has received your Grace and been baptized in Faith .

Please look down on this your daughter and allege her pain..

In Jesus name .

amen

Location hidden

#475012 Sep 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! And your bible only Protestant 42,000+ denominations keep "widening the gate", more and more, each and every day---all to your own demise and DESTRUCTION---distorting, twisting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible supporting the immorality and the abomination of: abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexuality, partial birth abortion and on and on as you Protestant "self-interpreting" bible only "fundies" sell out--more and more to secular liberal humanism---"broading the way to your own DESTRUCTION!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE with the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of (over 2000 years) and Jesus Christs One TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH.
No matter how often you repeat your lie...it changes not the truth...
Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
And...as I showed you....your cult is a denomination...the largest in the country!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min scaritual 753,723
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 96,449
Is America really THE GREAT SATAN? 12 min itstired 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 262,087
Do you Think Pageants are good for teenagers (Feb '12) 31 min Aikifreak 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min lil whispers 602,823
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 40 min Aikifreak 96
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE