Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#475208 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says......It's apparent to all that you think it a novelty that people don't follow all the rules of their religious teachings.
Michael says. No! I don't think its a novelty. I think it shows the true feelings of catholics who by the most part are disconnecting themselves from the church. You should be finding out why.
When less than 1 in 4 catholics today in america/canada attend mandatory sunday mass, and only 3% attend daily mass, that clearly shows that most catholics have little interest in what the church is teaching today.
Imagine a large corporation and 1 out of every 4 workers didn't go to work everyday. They would be out of business in a hurry. T
Numbers don't lie.
I know why.

People don't want to be told what to do, and want to take the path of least resistance.

Any other great mysteries you want me to solve today?

Dan

Omaha, NE

#475209 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
If roman catholics are not attending mass as they should, and catholic women/men are using contraceptives and catholic women having abortions in great numbers, and 47,000 roman catholic nuns defying the vatican, doesn't that clearly show the Church has lost its MOJO with the followers?
If a large corporation started losing sales in great numbers, and customers are going elsewhere doesn't that prove that the corporation is out of touch with its consumers?
The church is the glowing example.
....of a bad analogy.

Name one corporation that's been in continuous existence for over 2,000 years.
Michael

Canada

#475210 Sep 6, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
yes they did.
Why do you try to deny this fact?
You don't have to hide from honesty Dan.
Manichean and Christian scriptures (by Diocletian)[edit source | editbeta]The Diocletianic Persecution started on March 31, 302, with the Roman Emperor Diocletian, in a rescript from Alexandria, ordering that the leading Manicheans be burnt alive along with their scriptures.[19] This was the first time a Roman Imperial persecution ever called for the destruction of sacred literature.[20] On the following year, on February 23, 303, Diocletian ordered that the newly built Christian church at Nicomedia be razed, its scriptures burned, and its treasures seized.[21] Later persecutions included the burning of both the Christians themselves and of their books. As related in later Christian Hagiography, at that time the governor of Valencia offered the deacon who would become known as Saint Vincent of Saragossa to have his life spared in exchange for his consigning Scripture to the fire. Vincent refused and let himself be executed instead. In religious paintings he is often depicted holding the book whose preservation he preferred to his own life (see illustration in Saint Vincent of Saragossa page.)[22]
Books of Arianism (after Council of Nicaea)[edit source | editbeta]
Burning of Arian books at Nicaea (illustration from a compendium of canon law, ca. 825, MS. in the Capitular Library, Vercelli)The books of Arius and his followers, after the first Council of Nicaea (325 C.E.), were burned for heresy by the roman emperor Theodosius I who published a decree commanding that, "the doctrine of the Trinity should be embraced by those who would be called catholics; that all others should bear the infamous name of heretics".[23] Arius was exiled and presumably assassinated following this, and Arian books continued to be regularly burned into the 330s.[24]
Library of Antioch (by Jovian)[edit source | editbeta]In 364, the Christian Emperor Jovian ordered the entire Library of Antioch to be burnt.[25] It had been heavily stocked by the aid of his non-Christian predecessor, Emperor Julian.
"Unacceptable writings" (by Athanasius)[edit source | editbeta]Elaine Pagels claims that in 367, Athanasius ordered monks in the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria in his role as bishop of Alexandria to destroy all "unacceptable writings" in Egypt, the list of writings to be saved constituting the New Testament.[26]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_book_bur...
All inspired words of God. What a shame!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475211 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Biden and Pelosi publicly attended POPE,Francis inaugural Mass .
Km saying not that they excommunicate themselves ...it should be public and official ..
Come on tell me you would not think this heresy on abortion being fine is,NOT a good thing ..
How many babies have to die
How MANY people had to be killed by the monarchs ...
The bishops and the POPE most certainly have the power .
These pols are ALL ABOUT public perception ...And some may need REAL boundaries to realize their immortal souls are in danger ..
And CATHOLICS vote for these people because they are,CATHOLUC sometime s
I'm betting they go to confession ...But do they confess this awful sin of corruption. Of the women and killing of the babies ...
And I know excommunication is serious ..so is this .
Much more so than a person who remarried while nit having their marriage declared null and void ..
Biden and Pelosi attended on a diplomatic basis.

People voted for them knowing they flouted their religion for votes, and then blew it off when doing so might have cost them some.

These voters are the people whom an excommunication would make an impression on? Doubtful.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475212 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
Battle grounds are set!
http://www.globalpost.com/special-reports/new...
Even catholic priests speak out against the vatican on this issue.
The newly formed (first time ever! catholic priest UNION) now over 1,000 priest members of the AUSCP support the nuns in their battle with the vatican.
Remember most catholic clergy today, were raised and weened on Vatican II policies, the same policies the Vatican now wants to dump.
http://istandwiththesisters.org/category/cler...
50th anniversary of vatican II. The start of the downfall of the roman catholic church.
Liberal advocacy sites.

Super sourcing, Mike.

......and it's "weaned".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475213 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
May of 1994, the Diocese of Lincoln paid a $40,000 settlement on an abuse claim. One alleged victim.
That's it.
Catholics for Choice, whom you're so fond of, have enabled the wholesale slaughter of 50 million human lives since 1973.
Your case rests, alright.
That's what I mean Dan ..if they are indeed Catholic at heart .

Don't you think a warning by the POPE himself that they will be excommunicated if they persist in enabling ..bring some to their senses,..even some younger legislators,..

Here is power the CHURCH HAS ..I say they and the POPE should use it...

Let them know there can be reconciliation ..But tell them they are excommunicated if the persist .
truth

Perth, Australia

#475214 Sep 6, 2013
shame of you
now you are wink as one eye
its not one eye its describe who don't liked see
but can have two eye

very sad case
why you killed that man inafffff ina f
f=who
6=^
small eyebrow

,^,
,<>,
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475215 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I mean Dan ..if they are indeed Catholic at heart .
Don't you think a warning by the POPE himself that they will be excommunicated if they persist in enabling ..bring some to their senses,..even some younger legislators,..
Here is power the CHURCH HAS ..I say they and the POPE should use it...
Let them know there can be reconciliation ..But tell them they are excommunicated if the persist .
The Pope's made statements RE: politicians and this kind of thing, Rose. Several times.

He can't target US politicians. That's their Bishop's job. These folks are under the pastoral care of their Bishop.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475216 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
All inspired words of God. What a shame!
Only the stuff the non-Christian Diocletian burned.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#475217 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading this,..looking at scripture,..I have no doubt Mary has,a,place of honor .
JESUS,I the ONLY REDEEEMER ..He did not say though must believe in Me,and my Mother .
About the Cenacle. That the Pope,wants,title to from the Israelis..
They quote This,passage
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Yes,of course she prayed with the disciples,along with the brothers,
Of JESUS.
Now for my part ..I m leaving all the Mary stuff to find out in heaven ....children I think she had ..we shall see WHEN we meet theses people I imagine ..
But co redemption ..no. sorry ...
RoseSez

Peace

I only offer a possible alternative for your consideration. I am not emphatically insisting that you accept or reject my ideas or thoughts concerning your faith and understanding.

A possible alternative in Act 1:14 is at the end of the passage, the "brothers" were the exclusive group of the known apostles(Remember previously, Jesus stating those who follow me are my brothers.) I understand the need for non-Catholics to put forth the idea that Mary had sons, who were the "brother", in this passage of Acts.

As for Mary being the Co-Redemptrix, it is a hard thing to define, and debate, but the subject matter is difficult. I can see both sides of the issue. And I let it rest in me, in that Mary contributed her flesh, of which Jesus was born. And also, we must actively participate, as the redeemed in our own flesh, which God restores unto us a sinless nature in Christ.

If Mary were without sin, that is the Immaculate Conception, how much better is her redemption? Where we are imperfect in our walk with Jesus, she walked perfectly with him from conception, birth, till death and beyond. It is thus a thing to ponder, as perhaps Mary did....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#475218 Sep 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>As Christians whether Catholic, Orthodox ,Protestants etc. we should ALL come together in prayer when someone is in need of prayer.The comfort of knowing that others care enough for you to pray for you, no matter what their faith is, is spiritually powerful.I know. It was a huge comfort to me when Nick was near death.I pray that your granddaughter is recovering and that we should ALL put our differences aside when someone else is in pain and suffering.It is what Christ would have us to do. I say this with an open heart...
I agree. Jesus doesn't want us NOT to pray for a person in need.

so continue to Pray for her. she is hurting a lot right now, and I just talked to her dad. we are getting ready to take her back to the hospital as she is dizzy and her head hurts a lot, so she may have a concussion, those are some of the symptoms.

almost every person on here prayed or said they would pray for her and I appreciate that.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#475221 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."
Show me a text of some sort by "God" specifically stating that God says that all texts are inspired.
See how that works?
Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that.
Don't push the issue back at me. It wasn't my call to only label certain texts as inspired.

"See how that works?"

Sheez Dan, can't take responsibility for the actions of Christiantiy, so you push them off onto others.

Your deception is noted.

And there it is....."Texts do not interpret themselves. People have to do that."

Yopu are right - NO "GOD" INVOVLED, thus NO texts are inspired by "God", EXCEPT those deemed by man.

Can you admit this truthfully and honestly? I doubt it because it destroys your belief - and you can't have that, huh?

...and yet you still probably believe that "God" only inspired certain texts, because of what you've been told.

BTW - for this statement of mine: ""I beleive all texts are "God" inspired."
- I don't limit "God" like you have done.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475222 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope's made statements RE: politicians and this kind of thing, Rose. Several times.
He can't target US politicians. That's their Bishop's job. These folks are under the pastoral care of their Bishop.
Well don't understand that at all ..he could declare it for the whole CHURCH ..the bishops would have to follow up ..he is the head of the CHURCH ...just as the VATICAN..stepped in on the other scandals .

And I really mean the whole CHURCH ..Belgium is a really Catholic COUntry on the surface ..some of their holidays ..like in May are,Catholic ..other countries,are mire liberal than here ..

If he is,the head of the CHURCH ....just saying .

A,lot of theses,bishops are,liberal ..But if it came from the pipe internationally ..he,would not be targeting USA.

Abortion being enabled by any Christian in power is,wrong ..no grey area ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475223 Sep 6, 2013
huskerdu wrote:
<quoted text>The new bishop really isn't changing things at all. We got a good thing going!
I'm glad your bishop.is,strict on this Knit ...But it should be all over the country and world..that's why IMO the Pope should intervene .
He could make a huge difference ..some legislators would think twice before voting ..

Albuquerque, NM

#475224 Sep 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Uhm, okay. I'll take this as a compliment. Thanks!
<quoted text>
Untrue. I call you a liar and hypocrite, because of what you and other so-called "Christians" say.
I'm just making sure you see your own words as I do. Hypocritical and false.
You are the one who think men can define an infallible being, not me. Since you got this from men, I understand completely how deluded you are within and illusion created by those men.
It's not being hypocritical, it is being truthful.
<quoted text>
I do, but since this is a debate forum, stating the RCC is teh true church, I disagree, and have shown plenty of evidence and support to show that they aren't. In fact, the information I've provided clearly shows Christianity as a whole, is false.
<quoted text>
No, I don't. Please explain your version to me, as I jsut did mine above.
<quoted text>
I understand that you have to call others names, because you can't answer the questions. No problem. You can call me anything you wish, as I and you (deep down) know that what you said isn't true.
This is how dismay rears its ugly head. First you refuse to answer the questions asked, and then you wallow in men.
No problem FoL - you are still a hypocrite and liar.
Until you can own this yourself, you will always remain ignorant to what Jesus taught and why he taught it.
Self. Don't you just love the many aspects of it?
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You aint got much of a life do you?
I am not the least bitinterested in your new age stuff.
Get a clue.
"You aint got much of a life do you?"
- I have a wonderful life. Beautiful wife and kids. I love my dog, cats and pretty much everyone I'm involved with daily.

"I am not the least bitinterested in your new age stuff.
Get a clue."
- I didn't ask if you were.
- And I do have quite the number of clues - that is why I am posting them for you and others to see what fallacies you've been upholding. People like you need to understand that people like me will not tolerate the bullshite man has done to society - continuous promoting lies of who and what Jesus taught.

Watch out FoL - I'm not leaving the forum.

This is another clue for you - your ignorance and arrogance are beginning to show.

Sounds to me, you are in need of repentance for your action against me.

Albuquerque, NM

#475225 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Diocletian wasn't a Catholic.
Books of Arianism weren't scripture.
Athanasius spared scripture. He burnt the library stocked by his non-Christian predecessor. It says so in your post. Elaine Pagels likely wasn't a witness anyway, was she?
Don't you read this stuff before you post it?
He was catholic - which supercedes your version of Catholic.

Accept the truth Dan, the history is secure.

But alas, trying to protect man's virtues is how it always has been, huh?

The arrogance of Christianity.

*sighs*

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475226 Sep 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Jesus doesn't want us NOT to pray for a person in need.
so continue to Pray for her. she is hurting a lot right now, and I just talked to her dad. we are getting ready to take her back to the hospital as she is dizzy and her head hurts a lot, so she may have a concussion, those are some of the symptoms.
almost every person on here prayed or said they would pray for her and I appreciate that.
Please keep us,updated ...a,concussion is nothing to fool with .

DEAR FATHER ..we ask again for healing for this child ..Preston,Grandaughter ..let your healing hand touch her.

Give wisdom to her doctors .

In Jesus name ..Amen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#475227 Sep 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoseSez
Peace
I only offer a possible alternative for your consideration. I am not emphatically insisting that you accept or reject my ideas or thoughts concerning your faith and understanding.
A possible alternative in Act 1:14 is at the end of the passage, the "brothers" were the exclusive group of the known apostles(Remember previously, Jesus stating those who follow me are my brothers.) I understand the need for non-Catholics to put forth the idea that Mary had sons, who were the "brother", in this passage of Acts.
As for Mary being the Co-Redemptrix, it is a hard thing to define, and debate, but the subject matter is difficult. I can see both sides of the issue. And I let it rest in me, in that Mary contributed her flesh, of which Jesus was born. And also, we must actively participate, as the redeemed in our own flesh, which God restores unto us a sinless nature in Christ.
If Mary were without sin, that is the Immaculate Conception, how much better is her redemption? Where we are imperfect in our walk with Jesus, she walked perfectly with him from conception, birth, till death and beyond. It is thus a thing to ponder, as perhaps Mary did....
As I said I'm going to.let that resolve in heaven .. However in the previous passage it lists the disciples who were there BY name ..then the women and Mary and adds,to that the BROTHERS of Jesus .

The BROTHERS PLUS the disciples ...And Mary and the women ..Seems to be specific to.me ..

He had brothers,..And disciples,the brethren of believers,...
truth

Perth, Australia

#475228 Sep 6, 2013
1260 years some evil story

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475229 Sep 6, 2013
Sounds to me, you are in need of repentance for your action against me.
Snipped of your nonsense.

I did just what the WORD OF GOD say's;

Matthew 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Toodles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
>>> Watch Your Back 1 min Watch Your Back 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RL Cox 55,777
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 15 min Williamhoodlms 139
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 51 min boo drew 146
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,888
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,060
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 11 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web