Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,915
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Clay

United States

#474972 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO - you are. Looking at all the ways of the wordl from one aspect and only one. You rebuke other ways, because you can. It doesn't mean that what you say is true. It isn't.
<quoted text>
You have multiple times.
You and your counterparts have still yet to post where "God" specifically labels certain texts inspired and others not.
So, without diverting, where is this written, expressed, scribed, etc.?
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to say it, I don't follow men. Following men requires me to be a participant in their theology or theocracy.
Please tell me which men I follow?
<quoted text>
Correction - the men you follow are successors to SOME OF THE APOSTLES. Remember, you only accept less than six of the original 13 Apostles. Please make sure you specify this in future claims, it shows you are being honest.
<quoted text>
"All men fall short of the glory of God".
- thus - they are not protected.
- your conclusion, as it seems, was devised by men, not "God".
- But yet you want to false claim "infallible".
Wrong move.
<quoted text>
a. You don't believe in all of Jesus' teachings
b. Jesus never stated this
c. This is Catholicism speaking, nothing to do with what Jesus taught.
Besides, the so-called "Apostolic Succession" had already been debunked.
<quoted text>
Have fun. I betcha - he isn't going to be around your bedside when you die.
Well, its been 2,000 yrs of the same Church, so something must be right. lol.

The successors of the Apostles in Catholic understanding, is not limited to the few that documented the faith in writing. Jesus started a Church; a hierarchy of authoritative Bishops and Priests to safeguard truth for generations to come.
Your arguments do not hold up for 5 seconds when stacked against the Church.
Frankly, I have no idea where your spacey form of 'some sort of religion' stands on anything. I think you use some of our Bible. But I'm not sure what texts you say are inspired.
It seems you use a gospel of Thomas that is debunked by every theologian I've ever read. It doesn't even sound inspired. But hey, believe what ya want... you're goin to anyway.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#474973 Sep 5, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
It's absolutely a repenting way.
I believe that with all my heart.
We ARE called on to repent our sins ...our Lord suffered great pain
On the Cross from each sin we commit ..He drank the Cup full of our
Vile acts ...And suffered in our place ..

We must repent ...there is no doubt that is Christian should

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474974 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the fence stradder by not siding with us when we have clearly said a, SAVED PERSON WILL SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF GOD WHEN THEY SIN because the Father loves His children.
They lie and continue to lie that we say it's ok to sin.
We warn saved people could get sick or even die with no rewards in heaven if they continue to sin.
Never does the Gospel say a Saved person could lose their salvation.
Pick now whom you shall serve.
I said it's a repentant way Marge.

There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Do you repent,ask the Lord to forgive you when you know you have done wrong?

Don't you ever feel convicted when you do wrong?

What did God's word say?

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474975 Sep 5, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is pro-choice is NOT a "staunch" Catholic.
Anyone who says so is a trouble maker.
SHE SAYS SHE IS ..I don't see Christian belief in her in any way ..personally

Again GIF was talking about Congress ..She is the highest ranking
DEMOCR AT. In the HOUSE and says,she is,a devout Catholic ...

I believe she went to Rome ..during an election ...using her religion to get votes ...I'm sure the,Pope had a few words for her .But SHE STILL SAYS,SHE IS,DEVOUT ..And Catholic ...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474976 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The extra books in your Bible, that are not the Infallible Sacred Holy Spirit Inspired Word of God, and thereby cannot be said to be teachings of Jesus Christ, means you are following teachings that are non Christian...
It is you Protestant anti-catholic "fundies" that decided this "ON YOUR OWN", which books of the bible are (supposedly inspired)!! Your man-made "bible only" editorialized (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It is nothing more than a "man-made concocted" religion of a mish-mash of 42,000+ contradicting self-interpreting popes that have never nor will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#474977 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE SAYS SHE IS ..I don't see Christian belief in her in any way ..personally
Again GIF was talking about Congress ..She is the highest ranking
DEMOCR AT. In the HOUSE and says,she is,a devout Catholic ...
I believe she went to Rome ..during an election ...using her religion to get votes ...I'm sure the,Pope had a few words for her .But SHE STILL SAYS,SHE IS,DEVOUT ..And Catholic ...
Anyone who is pro-choice is not a "staunch or devout" Catholic.

And using CAPITAL LETTERS doesn't mean you posted it innocently. You did not say "she says she's a staunch Catholic"....you said "she IS a staunch Catholic".
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#474978 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently in addition to murdering Lincoln, the Catholic Church is responsible for the demise of the United States of America.
They should rename them the Paranoid Pentecostals...
Gossip-mongering drama queens would be more accurate.

And it's not just the Pentecostals.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474979 Sep 5, 2013
http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/19/pelosi-bid...

SPEAKING of Confession ...

Thing is,though this,is,a cartoon ..I'm sure they
both go ..then go to Church on Sunday and take
Communion ..
Clay

United States

#474980 Sep 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I believe a,lot of our suffering here on earth is,due go our own Sin ...JESUS CHRIST paid for our sins..the only worthy payment ..
Compared to that three hail Mary's,is nothing ..except prayer..
Something that occurred to.me is this ...IF PRAYER IS TALKING TO THE
LOVE IN OUR LIFE ..JESUS...why would it be PENANCE TO PRAY.
WE SHOULD MAKE AMENDS for hurting others,...or we are not obeying HIS,
commandment to love our neighbor .....
our contrition should ALWAYS BE TRUE ..in that we,hurt our Lord by it .
Not just words,we say in a,confessional to a priest because we fear hell..then say some prayers,...And we are Done.
That's a Catholic thing...2 kinds of contrition ...unless that's something else that changed ???
Rose, go to confession then experience the daily Mass and Eucharist. Trust me. Your encounter with Christ will be more than you possibly could imagine.

You come on this forum allot, and I know you realize how deception greatly sustains evangelicalism. In reality, the evangelical movement can't function without deception. Its been proven a hundred times over, so you can't ignore it anymore. That's not to say the individual evangelical (like yourself) can't function. I mean, God loves you more than any of us can fathom.

I believe God is disappointed you're caught up in the doctrinal disaster of Protestantism. Don't turn your back on the Eucharist. Its spiritual food from Heaven and you could have it tomorrow if you wanted.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474981 Sep 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>

Christ warns: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Yes!! And your bible only Protestant 42,000+ denominations keep "widening the gate", more and more, each and every day---all to your own demise and DESTRUCTION---distorting, twisting and manipulating the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible supporting the immorality and the abomination of: abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexuality, partial birth abortion and on and on as you Protestant "self-interpreting" bible only "fundies" sell out--more and more to secular liberal humanism---"broading the way to your own DESTRUCTION!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE with the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of (over 2000 years) and Jesus Christs One TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#474982 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two are/were Catholic-in-name-only. Pelosi is a disgrace and no faithful Catholic supports here in any way, shape or form.
But if you're going to avoid my questions and start throwing mud about fallen away Catholics, two can play that game Rose...there are hundreds of evangelical fundamentalists who are involved in scandals...
That's very true, but I know you would never stoop so low as to play that game. Obviously, the fundies thrive on it.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474983 Sep 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do so-called "Christians" refuse to answer questions that affect their belief?
What are they afraid of? Persecution from within their own groups? Ridicule? Animosity? Loss of friends?
Honesty is and can be very telling.
Your "question and answer" merry-go-round games are a total waste of time. There is nothing to discuss, nothing to debate, nothing else to contemplate. The TRUTH has, is and will continue to EXIST (as it always has) from over 2000 years ago, and that TRUTH is in Jesus Christ (as it always has been) IN and THROUGH HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church--(Matthew 16:13-21) as the Bride of Christ!!!!

Location hidden

#474984 Sep 5, 2013
marge wrote:
Flo, do you know what 'praying always' means?
Talking with God all day, cling to Him dear sister.
I do talk to the Lord Marge.
I am clinging to Him.
Without Him I am nothing.

Marge,Jesus Christ is our advocate.

There is no way that we can live a perfect sinless life as Jesus did while on this earth.

That is why He came.

The scriptures say that
>>if we do sin,
>>we are to have an advocate with the Father,Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Please do not tell me you have never sinned since you got saved.

Read the above verse very slowly and let it sink in Marge.

The Lord made a way for us.

Read this;

Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God,
who also maketh intercession for us.

It's a repentant way Marge.

You'll not change my mind on that.

Do you understand now?
marge

Ames, IA

#474985 Sep 5, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it's a repentant way Marge.
There is no doubt in my mind about that.
Do you repent,ask the Lord to forgive you when you know you have done wrong?
Don't you ever feel convicted when you do wrong?
What did God's word say?
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
Yes Flo. Do you?

I have a big sis and a bigger sis already and think you and preston and pad and gif are being fuzzy with the True Gospel.

I'll be watching and correctly you's when I have time. God Bless.
marge

Ames, IA

#474986 Sep 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently in addition to murdering Lincoln, the Catholic Church is responsible for the demise of the United States of America.
They should rename them the Paranoid Pentecostals...
you missed the point, catholics are being raised by the church that way.

Doesn't your church have a huge role in raising it's children in God's ways?

Location hidden

#474987 Sep 5, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>again I can't argue with you hear, you could be right, there could of been a person named Jesus (very common name there)and he just claimed to be the son of god, in other words the worlds first religious nut, and he could of been asked questions on which he told stories of ones he heard growing up, we really don't know much about his childhood except that it is believed he killed someone when he was at a young age, now if that is true why didn't he receive the punishment that every murderer received back in those days? I think what is hidden in the vaults of Vatican city are the stories/legends told of his days as a youth,and more, why is it allowed to be hidden? gods words were meant for everyone, not a select few, again reasons I doubt their validity, the true church would share the truth, and that is the last thing they do. since most everything in Vatican city is stolen property, I don't understand why nothing is being done to have the things returned to it's rightful owner? most everything came from Israel, the Israelis have a large enough army to go to Vatican city and reclaim their property. this seems to be the era where everyone wants a war, so why not have a war for a true worthy cause....and until some truth pops up I believe that the real writer or starter of the scriptures was a man called Jesus and penned under the name of mosses, and added himself to the book, when he felt the time was right. and there is the possibility that god was an alien from another planet that visited here, there is some very compelling evidence out there written many many years before any body thought of organized religious groups, and we also know that man was here at least 30 million years ago, the bible states other wise, there are physical facts to prove the possibility of an alien race being here, and not one bit of proof of the single god theory people believe in today.
Jethro,where pray tell did you read that my Lord and Saviour killed someone?

I know you don't believe in God Almighty,but why can you not respect us that do?

Don't you know it hurts me to see someone say such things about my Lord?
I am literally crying while writing this post,that is how hurt I am.

I love the Lord with all my heart.

Though your not a believer you don't have to say such things.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474988 Sep 5, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is pro-choice is not a "staunch or devout" Catholic.
And using CAPITAL LETTERS doesn't mean you posted it innocently. You did not say "she says she's a staunch Catholic"....you said "she IS a staunch Catholic".
I'm assuming because of what SHE says,that she actually with Biden went to the,Popes,mass ...THST she says,she practices her faith in the,CHURCH..THat she is,a staunch CATHOLic ...

As,i said I'm betting because if what they both say ..That she and Biden go to Confession as, one of your posters,says,is important to do .

That's what I was saying before ..sacraments by rote ...

CONFESSION with true contrition to our Saviuit means much more than going to a confession to the priest..performing the prayers,of Penance ..which I still don't get..

Then going and running the Country .

Which is what the ORIGINAL posts were about ..Catholics in Congress .

And,I purposely went to a,CATHOLIC site because I did not know there were,so many pro abortion Catholics in Congress ..
marge

Ames, IA

#474989 Sep 5, 2013
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
marge

Ames, IA

#474990 Sep 5, 2013
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
marge

Ames, IA

#474991 Sep 5, 2013
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Christian with Jesus 817,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 270,043
Poll Do misspelling and bad grammar bother you? (Dec '07) 26 min stemaxgizmo 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min dollarsbill 1,961
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 32 min stemaxgizmo 2,185
Why is Pakistan a world superpower (Dec '08) 49 min Hamad 36
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min LAWEST100 609,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 39,952
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web