Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647081 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#475126 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, catholicism that was practiced in the 1950s and before, is much different than how MOST catholics look at their faith today.
Pre 1960 over 80% of roman catholics attended weekly sunday mass. Today according to the bishops conference in america the numbers are reversed as only about 20-25% of roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass and less than 3% attend daily mass that is available in most cities/communities around america.
Over 85% of roman catholics acknowledge they use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Recent studies indicate over half of all roman catholics are not against abortion. Millions of roman catholics are divorced or seperated and have other partners which the church says is adultery. Thousands of roman catholic priests have been caught having sex with our children and the catholic clergy who did not molest, lied, and covered up for those that did, committing mortal sins themselves and each gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said while telling the followers they could never receive the eucharist with such sins on their own souls.
HIPOCRICY!!
.......Staunch catholics you say! A very small fast disappearing group in the western world.
Your first sentence here is indicative of your rather jumbled approach.

"Dan, catholicism that was practiced in the 1950s and before, is much different than how MOST catholics look at their faith today."

It's the same Catholicism-the people have changed their approach. Two different things, which you attempted to conflate.

......and the scandal card gets played.

If you were pasting up recipes, you'd figure a way to make mention of it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475127 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, catholicism that was practiced in the 1950s and before, is much different than how MOST catholics look at their faith today.
Pre 1960 over 80% of roman catholics attended weekly sunday mass. Today according to the bishops conference in america the numbers are reversed as only about 20-25% of roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass and less than 3% attend daily mass that is available in most cities/communities around america.
Over 85% of roman catholics acknowledge they use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Recent studies indicate over half of all roman catholics are not against abortion. Millions of roman catholics are divorced or seperated and have other partners which the church says is adultery. Thousands of roman catholic priests have been caught having sex with our children and the catholic clergy who did not molest, lied, and covered up for those that did, committing mortal sins themselves and each gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said while telling the followers they could never receive the eucharist with such sins on their own souls.
HIPOCRICY!!
.......Staunch catholics you say! A very small fast disappearing group in the western world.
......and it's "HYPOCRISY".

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475128 Sep 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think its about 'modernizing' to get known. I grew up two blocks from an Orthodox Church.(Holy Trinity Orthodox Church on Forest st, in saint Paul, MN.) I didn't have a clue who they were and still don't. I have to study and study today just to figure out who you guys are.
Meanwhile, the Catholic Church is not so hidden. The entire world knows who they are and what they claim. Pope Francis stood on the balcony, and every single channel on this planet was tuned in as he asked for prayers and led the world in reciting the Lords Prayer.
That's a visible known Church, Herm. Only Jesus could orchestrate that kinda Church. The truth can't be hidden like it is with you and the 45,000 protesters.
Another thing I love about the CC is that they don't skirt around countless articles of faith, like the evangelicals They do not ask us Catholics to become stupid. They don't require us to force ourselves into ignorance. All questions are tackled head on, so that we way know what to believe and why to believe it.
Clay, Nick said he doesn't have time to reply to you right now cuz he is watching Jerry Springer. But he will be more than happy to explain to you after/
truth

Perth, Australia

#475129 Sep 6, 2013
My lovely God.
Why I say no?
Is that coincident?
I think not.
Let me explain this.

If someone try put you in trouble what you will do?!

Are you going always say yes someone strange?
see this word strange=$trange..triangle..

Whats that mean dear God?
Why is like that?
as 3 king going give gift to child Jesus...

Are you for sure they did not do like that playing strange way with words?

My lovely God who try tric us or truck us...did i need trust someone.
noooooooo=as necu=as inat=in ;at=U u as describe magnet field..in within..plus something extra what i drove on my papers..its secret..i am not going wrote not more.

Are you angry over me?

'it is written'
What our lovely God left must be hide?
Dear God why I am wrong?

Dear God
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475130 Sep 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yabba dabba doo...you think your insulting me?
Not at all, I just think it'll be an easy transition back to protestantism for you when reunification happens.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475131 Sep 6, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a prevalent belief that these politicians and others who profess to be Catholic yet actively enable abortion have excommunicated themselves to some degree.
A memorandum of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on "Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion", signed by its Prefect Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and published in July 2004, declared that, if a Catholic politician's formal cooperation in "the grave sin of abortion or euthanasia" becomes manifest by "consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws", the politician's pastor is obliged to instruct the politician about the Church's teaching and inform him that he should not present himself for Holy Communion as long as the objective situation of sin (regardless of whether subjective guilt exists or is absent) persists, warning him that, if he does present himself in those circumstances, he will be refused. As in the case of divorced and remarried Catholics, if these precautionary measures fail to obtain the desired effect or are impossible, "and the person in question, with obstinate persistence, still presents himself to receive the Holy Eucharist,'the minister of Holy Communion must refuse to distribute it'".[17]
I remember that and thought it a good thing ..really..But they obviously and publicly found priests to give them communion..this was when Kerry was running .

Anyway..my point is this,..these,are grave matters,involving enabling
Death ..Not just two people,who cannot get along in their marriage,and choose not to go for annulment(no comment at this time,)

ANY WAY ..would it not maybe s he lives,and,souls,to publicly threaten any politician with excommunication ..I'm sure the big guys,WOUKD nit be phased ..But what about that new,congress,person or Senator ...their votes,might just save lives,...just saying .

It's,the,same thought ..though way in the past ..if why monarchs,who
Killed and tortured people in the name of the CHURCH ..HAD THEY BENN threatens or actually excommunicated ...thy could NOT use that as an excuse,

Your church has a,powerful tool..thy us it in poor miserable divorce folks,..But not on mass,murderers...or enablers.

I don't understand that at all.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475132 Sep 6, 2013
Who search..someone who did not know?
then..
Explain please..did you trucking me..no.
Even if you not say nothing i can fill that every day..horrible.

Now you are liar dear God..if i am liar to myself.
then
Impossible God can't be liar no.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475133 Sep 6, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, I just think it'll be an easy transition back to protestantism for you when reunification happens.
the Orthodox Church will not totally reunite IF and when it happens.There will be another spilt.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#475134 Sep 6, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
There are two kinds of contrition, one out of fear or loss of heaven, and the other out of love for God(imperfect and perfect), and I do see what you are saying.
What concerns me is that each of us is an imperfect creature(though made new in Christ, assuming one is born again), and that each of us then becomes responsible for our own thoughts and actions. We become "little" kings and priests, in our own selves, and set up our own judgments and rules. One of these is our relationship with God.
For some, very lost along the way of Christ, they are in need of guidance(though they think all is fine in their "little" kingdom). And thus reliance on a face to face encounter with someone is necessary.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation offers this encounter. An attentive priest is able to discern where one is at in their spiritual life. Often a few poorly said, Hail Mary's, is all a priest can "get" out of a non-spiritual person(kind of the opposite of what you might think!). But the effort is made for restoration. And even a small one is worth the effort.
I'm reading this,..looking at scripture,..I have no doubt Mary has,a,place of honor .

JESUS,I the ONLY REDEEEMER ..He did not say though must believe in Me,and my Mother .

About the Cenacle. That the Pope,wants,title to from the Israelis..

They quote This,passage

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Yes,of course she prayed with the disciples,along with the brothers,
Of JESUS.

Now for my part ..I m leaving all the Mary stuff to find out in heaven ....children I think she had ..we shall see WHEN we meet theses people I imagine ..

But co redemption ..no. sorry ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475135 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct! Christ DID NOT build a denomination!-----But you "fundies DID, in 1520 beginning with Martin Luther at the Reformation.......... Jesus Christ built, formed, established and initiated ONE TRUE (UNIVERSAL APOSTOLIC CHURCH) over 2000 years ago (and it was Catholic)...... You BIBLE ONLY Protestants (over 450 years ago beginning at the Reformation) have now built over 42,000 (man-made--cults of inconsistent and contradicting PROTESTANT denominations that exist and thrive on confusion, chaos and conflict with each.
And...as I showed you....your cult is a denomination...the largest in the country!!!!! It was always a denomination....it will remain a denomination...nothing more than...

Location hidden

#475136 Sep 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE, VERIFIABLE and AUTHENTICATED Church History has proven you WRONG, over and over and over again, but your anti-catholic hate-filled pride, ego and hostility CONTINUES to get-in-the-way of the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN TRUTH.....The fact is that Anthony, Clay, Regina, StarC and (every other Catholic) "including many Protestants" on this forum debunk, refute and have (proven you wrong) time and time again!...You worship God in "YOUR WAY" Ox!!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE (as billions and billions of Catholics have done for over 2000 years) to worship God in "HIS WAY" in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!!!
Prove it....Foot-in-Mouth....

Show me the definition of "church" in a English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, or Scripture, that defines the word "church"....as the Roman Catholic church......
Prove that your cult is not the largest denomination in the USA...
Prove that Christ built a denomination.

Location hidden

#475137 Sep 6, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and >>>pray one for another<<, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
I see where your going with this and your wrong.
God's children can pray for one another.
Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God.
But and however....in the Scripture you quoted...I see no reference to a person "called of God".
You are not comparing apples to apples....you are comparing onions to peaches!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#475138 Sep 6, 2013
Why my God need to be polite?
Are you for sure God need politician as well magician as Solomon from 1001 night=as sesame open yourself..did you try put me in trough that door..who?

Are you not going see necu=no from me?

I told you 3x corners stay over wife only one over man.
As story of triangle as 3x king is equal story of mother or woman say to whom no.

Dear God are you liar..if i am laying myself
then my God is not liar.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475139 Sep 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I give the FACTS my friend, I give the facts.
For once! give me your information that disputes mine?
I bring the truth, the truth catholics don't want to know.
I bring 2000 years of TRUE Church History to support "everything and anything" that the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church teaches, believes and adheres to-------ALL OF WHICH "debunks and refutes" any and all of the "editorialized and exaggerated anti-catholic "hack written" statistics that comes out of some "remote and obscure website source that you have "dug up"!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#475140 Sep 6, 2013
now
3x kings cooking something..did they are as well where..
mum did you know about your son..
yes i know she replay
why you think Son don't liked mother..because she know..
see number 3=as eyebrow
its written
never wink
proper think

who is winker as inquisitor..its mean killer of wicket
its mean naliv pero=pen with ink or who usual wrote with feather from birds..

now your net is not swice trice=3 bankomate as crankomate koma 25/25/25 merco=berco

now merdjo ferdjo

no no no
twisting mind tw isti ng tweet g nisti wt
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
box=funeral aeiou e fener=light in story of what wicket world who are you pisyyy cat..mjau and he say or she say fenjer fra njer..fenjerito sinjorita=atironjis..a gdje ronish..ronhil 'ciga'.rete

see gipsy=y spig $pig pag peg pig pog pug
pag gape apage see folklor dance
dance koky dance..kumich marijolic karijolic..

now
Did you see secret words?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#475141 Sep 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it....Foot-in-Mouth....
Show me the definition of "church" in a English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, or Scripture, that defines the word "church"....as the Roman Catholic church......
Prove that your cult is not the largest denomination in the USA...
Prove that Christ built a denomination.
It's ALL BEEN PROVEN over and over again. You Ox, are to deaf, to dumb and to blind, to hear it, to understand it or to see it!!!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE to remain with the TRUTH, as other Catholics have done for over 2000 years...... You,can go live on your remote and obscure "isolated island" and talk-to-yourself, argue with yourself and play your question and answer game with yourself--in front of the mirror!!!.....Because, we as Catholics ALREADY KNOW THE TRUTH and you Ox CONTINUE to chose to remain on the outside of that TRUTH: always looking in, just like the Prodigal son did---that is----Until--HE EVENTUALLY --CAME TO HIS SENSES!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#475142 Sep 6, 2013
karijolic=vil.bar.a
is viluska there
did someone have gun
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475143 Sep 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that and thought it a good thing ..really..But they obviously and publicly found priests to give them communion..this was when Kerry was running .
Anyway..my point is this,..these,are grave matters,involving enabling
Death ..Not just two people,who cannot get along in their marriage,and choose not to go for annulment(no comment at this time,)
ANY WAY ..would it not maybe s he lives,and,souls,to publicly threaten any politician with excommunication ..I'm sure the big guys,WOUKD nit be phased ..But what about that new,congress,person or Senator ...their votes,might just save lives,...just saying .
It's,the,same thought ..though way in the past ..if why monarchs,who
Killed and tortured people in the name of the CHURCH ..HAD THEY BENN threatens or actually excommunicated ...thy could NOT use that as an excuse,
Your church has a,powerful tool..thy us it in poor miserable divorce folks,..But not on mass,murderers...or enablers.
I don't understand that at all.
Divorced people are not excommunicated, Rose.

Excommunication isn't a vindictive penalty-it's a medicinal penalty, intended not so much to punish the excommunicant, as to correct him and bring him back to the correct path.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475144 Sep 6, 2013
punishment of theory
two fact inquisition

natural law=why i say to you your law is not my law..no

understanding is conciseness

who say
we giving document you are mental

to whom in which corupt criminal interest

Did you need corupt law?
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08026a.htm

if god is liar..why i need be liar to myself
but can't be real truth liar

betray is your diploma of law as well abuse of power
much more..

now mr fenjer from which film with mjau
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475145 Sep 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>the Orthodox Church will not totally reunite IF and when it happens.There will be another spilt.
Spoken like a true protestant.

XXXOOO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 34 min The Hangman 971,830
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 56 min Doctor Peace 49,687
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,689
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr This worked for me 162
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Aussie Kev 2,117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,294
Learning course CPA marketing 1 hr CPAmarketing 1
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 3 hr poptropaa 44
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 105,692
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 12 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web