Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,466
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474781 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!! I like it!!!!
Demas forsaking Paul is just that....he quit...left...went away...period.....my guess is he was not saved and could walk off the job...
ok, you might get a little closer.

now who were Paul and Demas working for?

certainly not making tents while Paul was in prison, and yet Paul spoke highly of him as a fellowworker.

now when a person gets Saved, God gives them a job to do, and He pays them, therefore when they quit, they lose their pay(catch on yet).

No Work in the vineyard, no pay.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474782 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Our Lord Jesus Himself told Nicodemus,what he must do,that is how we are made believers in Christ to begin with."For now we are all children of God through f a i t h in Jesus Christ, and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by Him.We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women,but we are all the same-We are Believers(Christians),we are one in Christ Jesus. And now that we are Christ's we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God's promises to Him belong to us." Galatians 3:26-29. Living Bible.
It seems that a decision is forthcoming AnthonyMN,a decision to enter in to His life,and to abandon ours,which does come in levels.But as we who have repented and are Baptized come into Faith in the Lord Jesus,so we become One in His Body.
Faith is of course necessary. Baptism is what incorporates us into the body of Christ.

Pad, would you accept a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon into your faith community if they refused to discard their unique beliefs?

Location hidden

#474783 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is why we all must continue to walk in the light as we have it before us,and when darkness does come,we rely on the Light of the World to be our beacon!
your link doesn't work, here is what it says.

live from thessalonica

exile lost in wonder

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Pages
About Me

and that is the way with you Oxbore, you are looking for something that aint there
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474784 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get Clay
Is you guys saying our belief in the scriptures is,wrong .
Did the RCC make them up..write them out of fiction in a basement .
Gee may be John WOUKD write it this way ...And Mark put it differently .
Or DUD the apostles and Paul either write it have written by their disciples ..the true words of Christ ...did they or did they not.
Are,Paul's letters,from Paul ..John's,words,from John ..etc..
Rose, we both have a bible, we disagree with what many passages say. The early Church tells us what they say. They heard it from the apostles and who they taught. They don't agree with what you say the passages mean.

Location hidden

#474785 Sep 4, 2013
the link came from Oxbore, nor PAD. sorry for any mixup.

Oxbow wrote:

<quoted text>
Who was Demas?| live from thessalonica
demas.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/who-was-demas/ ... ;
Excerpt:“Throughout Scripture we find examples of those who profess Christ, but later turn out not to be saved. One example is Demas.
Impossible to forsake something you never had!!!!!! He quit working with Paul...he left the job....he bugged out....period...

and to get back to Demas, not one person can counter the words of Paul, who spoke highly of him and called Demas a fellowworker, and state that Demas was NOT SAVED. Paul knew if he was saved or not. you cant work closely with someone and not know them very well, especially as sensitive to the Spirit as Paul was.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#474786 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still a protestant at heart Sera. ;0)
~~~
She is a real Christian at heart...

Are you jealous?

#474787 Sep 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DOES NOT VIOLATE/WILL NOT VIOLATE.... THE WILL...OF ANY MAN...AND FORCE SALVATION UPON
THEM THAT REFUSE IT...
WHETHER THEY EVER WERE CHRISTIANS OR NOT,,
WE DO NOT BECOME ZOMBIES WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS...WE STILL HAVE THE
OPTION TO WALK AWAY FROM GOD...
Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.....
Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other......
You O.S.A.S CHRISTIANS that are divided between serving God and giving place to the devil... FENCE STRADDLERS

NEED TO BE REMINDED...

JESUS SAID

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Mar_3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Luk_11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

YOU THAT BELIEVE THAT

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AFTER YOU ARE SAVED...THAT YOU REMAIN SAVED..

THAT YOU CAN'T LOSE YOUR SALVATION

NEED TO UNDERSTAND

Rom_6:16 Know ye not,

that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,

his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

YOU NEED TO DECIDE JUST WHOM IT IS THAT YOU ARE SERVING...

#474788 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, we both have a bible, we disagree with what many passages say. The early Church tells us what they say. They heard it from the apostles and who they taught. They don't agree with what you say the passages mean.
YOU ONLY HAVE EXCERPTS FROM THE BIBLE LIKE THE MORMONS AND THE JW'S
WHEN YOUR VULGATE WAS TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL
MUCH OF THE TRUE WORD OF GOD WAS LOST IN THE PROCESS
LATIN.. IS A DEAD LANGUAGE... BEEN DEAD SO LONG IT STINKS...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#474789 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.
Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.
Amen!! Those 4 wheelers are dangerous.I knew a guy many years ago that had an accident with one and was not expected to live.Well, he did pulled through and when he was able to talk he told us about demons tugging on him and he kept calling out to Jesus.Before the accident, this guy was a drinker and partied all the time and had girls all the time.After the accident he stopped drinking had one good girl and was very active in a church.His whole life changed.God Bless!!!

#474790 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Preston,I do not know the details,but I join with you in the precious name of Yeshua,that your grandaughter wil recover,and be a blessing to others!
~~~
AMEN..
MAY GOD BLESS HER, HEAL HER, SET HER APART UNTO HIMSELF, AND USE HER TO
HIS HONOR AND GLORY...AS WELL AS THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY..
AND WHILE HE IS AT IT...
MAY HE MAKE YOU COMPLETELY WHOLE...
G.I.F

Location hidden

#474791 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =J__T2dvaWwwXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iY-U9PzClWA

Location hidden

#474792 Sep 4, 2013

Location hidden

#474793 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
She is a real Christian at heart...
Are you jealous?
Is Kay Marie doing?.Will she be in the rehab center much longer? God Bless!
marge

Ames, IA

#474794 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You O.S.A.S CHRISTIANS that are divided between serving God and giving place to the devil... FENCE STRADDLERS
NEED TO BE REMINDED...
JESUS SAID
Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Mar_3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.
Luk_11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
YOU THAT BELIEVE THAT
NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AFTER YOU ARE SAVED...THAT YOU REMAIN SAVED..
THAT YOU CAN'T LOSE YOUR SALVATION
NEED TO UNDERSTAND
Rom_6:16 Know ye not,
that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
YOU NEED TO DECIDE JUST WHOM IT IS THAT YOU ARE SERVING...
well i thought you born-again non-osas people were our closest brothers and sisters, guess not.

You surly don't want our prayers as according to you we serve Satan.

Let's have at it we'll see who's left standing.

God is not faithful according to you He will send to hell His own children that He personally born-anew!
marge

Ames, IA

#474795 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
the link came from Oxbore, nor PAD. sorry for any mixup.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Demas?| live from thessalonica
demas.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/who-was-demas/ ... ;
Excerpt:“Throughout Scripture we find examples of those who profess Christ, but later turn out not to be saved. One example is Demas.
Impossible to forsake something you never had!!!!!! He quit working with Paul...he left the job....he bugged out....period...
and to get back to Demas, not one person can counter the words of Paul, who spoke highly of him and called Demas a fellowworker, and state that Demas was NOT SAVED. Paul knew if he was saved or not. you cant work closely with someone and not know them very well, especially as sensitive to the Spirit as Paul was.
I think Demas was SAVED.

That means he cannot loose his salvation, maybe you shouldn't say Saved if you don't mean it and leave the Good-news Gospel to us.
marge

Ames, IA

#474796 Sep 4, 2013
Thought that was the whole idea, to get some SAVED.
marge

Ames, IA

#474797 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
NEED TO BE REMINDED...
So your doing what Clay told you to do to us? humm.

And how are we fence straddlers?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474798 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you,the Apostles talked about those who forsook the Way,and returned to the World.Since we have a Free Will,we are not Robots,but decisions are ever before us.
I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474799 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.
Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.
I'm sorry to hear about your grand daughter.
I pray she heals well.

I hate those four wheelers.
My granddaughter drive those things and it worries me.

I know that her parents are watching her,but in a split second something could happen.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#474800 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
WHILE NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD...WE CAN
SEPARATE OUR LOVE FROM HIM..
Did your love for him save you? Try reading Romans 5:8...."But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Also read Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Read your own statement....WHILE NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD...WE CAN SEPARATE OUR LOVE FROM HIM. If nothing can separate us from the love of God how can our lack of love for Him separate us. Your statement makes absolutely no sense in light of Romans 5:8. None whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 796,335
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Charlie Sheen 267,554
masterbation 24 min Clarence688 6
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 33 min Clarence688 7
Congress clears way for second half of bailout (Jan '09) 34 min swedenforever 3
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 39 min okimar 53,285
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min An NFL Fan 120,752
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 607,246
Scientific proof for God's existence 10 hr Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr Ntakudyaunya 12