Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,220
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474770 Sep 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You first need to forgo your personal interpretations of the scriptures of the Catholic Church. You are missing 7 Books anyway....so even if you were sola scripture AND thought you were in the 'Body of Christ', you couldn't be 'sola scripture' because you do not have enough scripture.
Clay,dear one, theologians have studied the Words,the books and the whole matter,and they stand tall in giving the Church what they believe is the answer to it all.And yet no matter how much a man or woman knows of Scripture,it does not awaken the soul,the spirit,the mind to the glory and majesty of God in Christ.

We must be born-again,Nicodemus an elder of the Pharisees came to Jesus,and what did our Lord say to him? "Oh Nicodemus just go and read the Scriptures,study,you have not studied enough." NO, Clay,he told Nicodemus,that he must be born-again,and that no one knows How the Spirit moves,or where He goes,and of such truth the Spirit reaches into our spirit and we become born-again.That is our holy salvation,the New birth in Christ,after we are convicted of sin,repent and are baptized.

Our faith is made alive through the Power of the Unseen Lord,and our rebirth is the same.We enter by way of the Spirit,not by being part of a Church community,reading 7 more books of historical and data fo the Jews of old.Although those things have their merit.If the Jews for centuries did not place those 7 books along with the Old Covenant,than why should we Christians? But still,Clay you can read those books,and whether they are inspired or not,they do not lead you to Christ who told us in John's holy Gospel that we must be born-again.

We become New Creatures in Christ when we are born-again.If there is a Scripture in one of those 7 books that confirm this,please by all means share it.

I am not saying anything against those 7 books,but for my salvation,there is nothing about those books that will condemn me or save me,because my salvation is in Christ,and if I deny Him,and choose to walk in darkness,than I am condemned!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474771 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism. Galatians 3:27.
Our Lord Jesus Himself told Nicodemus,what he must do,that is how we are made believers in Christ to begin with."For now we are all children of God through f a i t h in Jesus Christ, and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by Him.We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women,but we are all the same-We are Believers(Christians),we are one in Christ Jesus. And now that we are Christ's we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God's promises to Him belong to us." Galatians 3:26-29. Living Bible.

It seems that a decision is forthcoming AnthonyMN,a decision to enter in to His life,and to abandon ours,which does come in levels.But as we who have repented and are Baptized come into Faith in the Lord Jesus,so we become One in His Body.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474772 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Repeating it over and over again, will not make it true, except for yourself.
Been reading too many of hojo's posts, huh?
:o)
<quoted text>
How do you know what men had written is "important for men's soul and lives"?
Just because a man states something, it doesn't mean it is true.
You will have to first prove to me that the Bible and those texts were specifically labeled by "God" as inspired and usable for "my soul and life".
So far, I've shown plenty of evidence against your claim, and I've shown plenty of evidence that shows what Jesus taught - non-canonical - are just as valid, if not moreso.
<quoted text>
I believe we all wil go to the same place. And I have shared this witht he forum, many times.
You guys just refuse to accept what I say, because you are so embedded in the false doctrines and dogma that men devised for you.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - is quite telling in itself. I've posted this possible path to salvation, many times. Again, it will be the forum posters choice to accept what Jesus said or not.
BTW - I don't attack, but express my opinion on facts that are dismissed - because some guy told you not to use them.
Those instances where you feel you are being attacked is actually just yourself, feeling agitated and showing how much truth is in what I've stated.
The dismay will pass, if you let it.
"I will give the world what no eye has seen or ear has heard."
- Jesus
Radical, huh?
Only you can open your heart and mind to the astonishment Jesus expresses.
"I will give the world what no eye has seen or ear has heard." Jesus. Did not Jesus tell us that the world would not receive Him,and that He revealed His truth unto babes,and those who were not the educated puffed up in their own vainglory?

You need to finish that statement you quoted."No eye has seen nor ear has heard,what God will do for those who Love Him and are called according to His purpose."

If there is something Jesus shared that you are not revealing,which was not recorded in the New Testament,by all means share it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474773 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.
Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.
I read back,and saw that you gave the details,her hitting a log with her four-wheeler and so on.Thank God she is not near death and so on. These vehicles,and the many things that distract us,really are scary.

As for OSAS,I do understand the basic security that we have in Christ,which is just that IN CHRIST! Outside of Christ,we have no security.Our salvation and its progression as it were throughout our walk,is in Christ.When people choose to grab the helm as it were and kick Christ out of their lives,than there is no more security.Not that Christ is not willing to see us return to Him.

Prodigal Son is one story for every believer,even moreso than the non-believer.So many backslide,and need to realize that though we have Grace,and gifts,we cannot throw them before swine,and expect to get away with it.I have of recent been through some very challenging things,and have come out of them with a NEW sense of praying,believing and commitment to the Lord our God. It is a serious business we are in,and we do not want to become cast-aways.

So many believers do not realize that the New Testament is written for the believer,every word,speaks to us,as we W A L K with Him,it is our Book,because it is our Testament as to How we will live for HIM!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#474774 Sep 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You would argue with the faithful Jews that there own religion is a lie and yours is based on truth???
That's not nice!
I suggest you study all the other religions whose adherents also believe their saviors are still coming to rescue them ... and that will humble you to realize that you are standing in a long line of humans waiting for their saviors to arrive.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.
1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.
These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
June you should become a BahaThey will explain to you about the Christ spirit,and how it is in all the religions.The problem however is that the True Spirit of Christ is persecuted and hated by all those religions.e see bg evidence of that to date

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474775 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is why we all must continue to walk in the light as we have it before us,and when darkness does come,we rely on the Light of the World to be our beacon!
Must?????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#474776 Sep 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. For Christianity, it took an authorative declaration by a hierarchy to decide which books were inspired and which were not.
Jesus Christ nor His Apostles ever commanded a Bible be compiled- less alone which Books were to be included.
Fundies will not like this link.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_New_Tes...
What I don't get Clay

Is you guys saying our belief in the scriptures is,wrong .

Did the RCC make them up..write them out of fiction in a basement .

Gee may be John WOUKD write it this way ...And Mark put it differently .

Or DUD the apostles and Paul either write it have written by their disciples ..the true words of Christ ...did they or did they not.

Are,Paul's letters,from Paul ..John's,words,from John ..etc..
Clay

United States

#474777 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Clay,dear one, theologians have studied the Words,the books and the whole matter,and they stand tall in giving the Church what they believe is the answer to it all.And yet no matter how much a man or woman knows of Scripture,it does not awaken the soul,the spirit,the mind to the glory and majesty of God in Christ.
We must be born-again,Nicodemus an elder of the Pharisees came to Jesus,and Snipped
Catholics are born again too.
Frankly, I question whether or not you're born again in the way Christ wills. I see you falsely accusing me and other Catholics; I see you undoing the Eucharist; I listen as you pick apart the Church using their scriptures against them.
The fact that any of you still experience the profound grace of God even though you undid virtually everything the Apostles taught is not do to your man made doctrines, but due to the infinite love God has for you. I'm in awe of Gods profound Mercy. He doesn't deprive you all of some grace and that's amazing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474778 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Bless your heart for sharing,the wonders of Rosh Hashana. I was born September 28,near the annual Time of Atonement.
I really enjoy a,lot of the,

aish.com

Articles,..they give us,a different perspective .

Our dear,Lord celebrated,these,holidays,when He lived as,a,human

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#474779 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Bless your heart for sharing,the wonders of Rosh Hashana. I was born September 28,near the annual Time of Atonement.
And,Happy Birthday in advance as,I may forget by then lol.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#474780 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get Clay
Or DUD the apostles and Paul either write it have written by their disciples ..the true words of Christ ...did they or did they not.
Complicated question.

Simple answer: Paul wrote 7 of the texts attributed to him in the canon, though they actually represent more than 7 letters.

The gospels all were written anonymously.

John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem, almost certainly did not write GoMark. The Apostle John was long dead, probably at the hands of his fellow Jews in Jerusalem before the fall of the 2nd temple, when GoJohn was written.

Maybe John the presbyter was the primary author of GoJohn.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474781 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!! I like it!!!!
Demas forsaking Paul is just that....he quit...left...went away...period.....my guess is he was not saved and could walk off the job...
ok, you might get a little closer.

now who were Paul and Demas working for?

certainly not making tents while Paul was in prison, and yet Paul spoke highly of him as a fellowworker.

now when a person gets Saved, God gives them a job to do, and He pays them, therefore when they quit, they lose their pay(catch on yet).

No Work in the vineyard, no pay.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474782 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Our Lord Jesus Himself told Nicodemus,what he must do,that is how we are made believers in Christ to begin with."For now we are all children of God through f a i t h in Jesus Christ, and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by Him.We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women,but we are all the same-We are Believers(Christians),we are one in Christ Jesus. And now that we are Christ's we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God's promises to Him belong to us." Galatians 3:26-29. Living Bible.
It seems that a decision is forthcoming AnthonyMN,a decision to enter in to His life,and to abandon ours,which does come in levels.But as we who have repented and are Baptized come into Faith in the Lord Jesus,so we become One in His Body.
Faith is of course necessary. Baptism is what incorporates us into the body of Christ.

Pad, would you accept a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon into your faith community if they refused to discard their unique beliefs?

Location hidden

#474783 Sep 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is why we all must continue to walk in the light as we have it before us,and when darkness does come,we rely on the Light of the World to be our beacon!
your link doesn't work, here is what it says.

live from thessalonica

exile lost in wonder

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Pages
About Me

and that is the way with you Oxbore, you are looking for something that aint there
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#474784 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get Clay
Rose, we both have a bible, we disagree with what many passages say. The early Church tells us what they say. They heard it from the apostles and who they taught. They don't agree with what you say the passages mean.

Location hidden

#474785 Sep 4, 2013
the link came from Oxbore, nor PAD. sorry for any mixup.

Oxbow wrote:

<quoted text>
Who was Demas?| live from thessalonica
demas.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/who-was-demas/ ... ;
Excerpt:“Throughout Scripture we find examples of those who profess Christ, but later turn out not to be saved. One example is Demas.
Impossible to forsake something you never had!!!!!! He quit working with Paul...he left the job....he bugged out....period...

and to get back to Demas, not one person can counter the words of Paul, who spoke highly of him and called Demas a fellowworker, and state that Demas was NOT SAVED. Paul knew if he was saved or not. you cant work closely with someone and not know them very well, especially as sensitive to the Spirit as Paul was.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#474786 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still a protestant at heart Sera. ;0)
~~~
She is a real Christian at heart...

Are you jealous?

#474787 Sep 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DOES NOT VIOLATE/WILL NOT VIOLATE.... THE WILL...OF ANY MAN...AND FORCE SALVATION UPON
THEM THAT REFUSE IT...
WHETHER THEY EVER WERE CHRISTIANS OR NOT,,
WE DO NOT BECOME ZOMBIES WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS...WE STILL HAVE THE
OPTION TO WALK AWAY FROM GOD...
Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.....
Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other......
You O.S.A.S CHRISTIANS that are divided between serving God and giving place to the devil... FENCE STRADDLERS

NEED TO BE REMINDED...

JESUS SAID

Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Mar_3:26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Luk_11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

YOU THAT BELIEVE THAT

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO AFTER YOU ARE SAVED...THAT YOU REMAIN SAVED..

THAT YOU CAN'T LOSE YOUR SALVATION

NEED TO UNDERSTAND

Rom_6:16 Know ye not,

that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,

his servants ye are to whom ye obey;

whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

YOU NEED TO DECIDE JUST WHOM IT IS THAT YOU ARE SERVING...

#474788 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, we both have a bible, we disagree with what many passages say. The early Church tells us what they say. They heard it from the apostles and who they taught. They don't agree with what you say the passages mean.
YOU ONLY HAVE EXCERPTS FROM THE BIBLE LIKE THE MORMONS AND THE JW'S
WHEN YOUR VULGATE WAS TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL
MUCH OF THE TRUE WORD OF GOD WAS LOST IN THE PROCESS
LATIN.. IS A DEAD LANGUAGE... BEEN DEAD SO LONG IT STINKS...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#474789 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.
Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.
Amen!! Those 4 wheelers are dangerous.I knew a guy many years ago that had an accident with one and was not expected to live.Well, he did pulled through and when he was able to talk he told us about demons tugging on him and he kept calling out to Jesus.Before the accident, this guy was a drinker and partied all the time and had girls all the time.After the accident he stopped drinking had one good girl and was very active in a church.His whole life changed.God Bless!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caucasians are Neanderthal-Sapien hybrids. (Oct '07) 5 min Johnny 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Bongo 817,817
Why I am still a Christian. 21 min the lazy athiest 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Ink 609,884
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 31 min Classic 2,197
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 1 hr joacon6 145
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Freebird USA 9,248
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr His Hollines dr S... 39,967
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Porkpie Hat 270,167
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr bacon hater 97,998
More from around the web