Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 544,973
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#474725 Sep 4, 2013
Preston,we pray that your granddaughter heals quickly.God Bless you and your family!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474726 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray your little one heals quickly ..
Did your son get home ..wasn't he coming this month ??
Cathie said her leg was very swollen and hurt her when it is touched, so she will be walking with crutches for a few days. we think God that it wasn't any worse than it was.

as for our son, looks like he isn't coming home, since his school resumes on the 11th. he spent most of his time off visiting much of china and Tibet. this "free ride" is very expensive but it is money well spent,

hopefully, he can get a job with a company that does business with China or maybe our Govt. since he will have a working knowledge of their language.

thank you for asking about both of them, and keep both of them in your prayers

Location hidden

#474727 Sep 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Preston,we pray that your granddaughter heals quickly.God Bless you and your family!
thank you. I hope I can get a picture to show people how dangerous these vehicles are. her moms best friend(and our babysitter years ago) lost her cousin just two days ago because of an accident caused by a 4 wheeler.

Sera, this is what makes a Christian Family, we share the burdens of each other, and pray one for another.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#474728 Sep 4, 2013
John 3:26

John 5:24

In anyone's BIble

All the same ...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474729 Sep 4, 2013
Sorry John 3:16..

The whole book of John for that matter .

Gives,US,what we,need to know,about salvation

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#474730 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Cathie said her leg was very swollen and hurt her when it is touched, so she will be walking with crutches for a few days. we think God that it wasn't any worse than it was.
as for our son, looks like he isn't coming home, since his school resumes on the 11th. he spent most of his time off visiting much of china and Tibet. this "free ride" is very expensive but it is money well spent,
hopefully, he can get a job with a company that does business with China or maybe our Govt. since he will have a working knowledge of their language.
I will..sorry you didn't get to see him though .

Be careful on the little girls mouth ..my grandson bit into his,with a fall ..got a really bad infection ..Kids!!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474731 Sep 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>beats a used car salesman....
Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474732 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry John 3:16..
The whole book of John for that matter .
Gives,US,what we,need to know,about salvation
While most fundamentalists are stricly literal in their interpretation of the bible, it's unfortunate that they refuse to take John 6 literally. So yes, rejecting what Jesus says here does affect your salvation.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#474733 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
While most fundamentalists are stricly literal in their interpretation of the bible, it's unfortunate that they refuse to take John 6 literally. So yes, rejecting what Jesus says here does affect your salvation.
So for salvation we need:
Faith
Eat Jesus' flesh
Baptism
Works
*did I leave out anything?

And you say for catholics it is all about Christ.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474734 Sep 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yada yada yada....
Yesyes, Yesyes, Yesyes!! The TRUTH, the TRUTH, the TRUTH!!!

No Confrinting!! It is YOU (in your vindictive, hostile and beligerent anti-catholic blindness to the TRUTH) are the one that is saying (12 little Gods). Jesus appointed Peter, as HIS EARTHLY REPRESENTATIVE to lead HIS One True Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church until HE returns the second time. "To you Peter" I give the keys to the kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 16:19). Then in Acts 2, the Apostles are given the authority as Bishops to lead the Early Churches beginning in Antioch, then Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, Ephesis, Colosse, Philippi, and for over 2000 years, ALL the (heirarchical, authoritative and visible) Churches that followed with (Bishops, elders, priests and deacons) again Acts 2
Paul confirms the authority of the visible Church that Jesus HIMSELF, initiated and formed when he said (in I Timothy 3:15) THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.......You Confrinting, OX, justachristian, Orville and ALL the rest of your bible only "fundies" can keep trying (in your desperation) to "spin, manipulate, twist and conjure up your own "opinionated fictitious Church History myths" but the TRUTH has, is and will CONTINUE to ALWAYS be grounded in Jesus Christ (and over 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTH) in and through Our Lords One TRUE Catholic Church!!!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#474735 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Cathie said her leg was very swollen and hurt her when it is touched, so she will be walking with crutches for a few days. we think God that it wasn't any worse than it was.
Close call. Those vehicles are dangerous. We will include her in our prayers.Kids are great gifts when they are not giving their parents heart attacks from worry.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#474736 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
How many of the Original Apostles to you accept as viable teachers?
There were 13 as "it is written".
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST TRIVIA..NOTHING MORE... ONLY INFORMATION...
DON'T YOU EVER HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE TO OFFER ?
Another non-answer GiF?

What's the matter, couldn't you come up with a viable answer that explains why you only accept less than six of the original Apostles?

Yeah, I know - "God" didn't specify certain texts, huh?

I wonder why he gave that exclusive bit of power to men. Do you know why?

But before you answer, maybe "Rose" - the person I responded to, will give us a better answer.

Let's hope she can.....

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#474737 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Repeating it over and over again, will not make it true, except for yourself.
Been reading too many of hojo's posts, huh?
:o)
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your right kind of repetitive,but you know NASL,sometimes things have to be expounded,especially that which is so important for men's souls,and their lives.

How do you know what men had written is "important for men's soul and lives"?

Just because a man states something, it doesn't mean it is true.

You will have to first prove to me that the Bible and those texts were specifically labeled by "God" as inspired and usable for "my soul and life".

So far, I've shown plenty of evidence against your claim, and I've shown plenty of evidence that shows what Jesus taught - non-canonical - are just as valid, if not moreso.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What do you believe concerning our destiny,why have you never shared that with us?
I believe we all wil go to the same place. And I have shared this witht he forum, many times.

You guys just refuse to accept what I say, because you are so embedded in the false doctrines and dogma that men devised for you.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You attack us,and tell us we are wrong,but you fail to honestly share the way of salvation for humanity.Share it!
Wrong.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - is quite telling in itself. I've posted this possible path to salvation, many times. Again, it will be the forum posters choice to accept what Jesus said or not.

BTW - I don't attack, but express my opinion on facts that are dismissed - because some guy told you not to use them.

Those instances where you feel you are being attacked is actually just yourself, feeling agitated and showing how much truth is in what I've stated.

The dismay will pass, if you let it.

"I will give the world what no eye has seen or ear has heard."
- Jesus

Radical, huh?

Only you can open your heart and mind to the astonishment Jesus expresses.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474738 Sep 4, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith
Eat Jesus' flesh
Baptism
Works
Nope, that about covers it. They're all about Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474739 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the Church the Apostles exercised that regulative power with which Christ had endowed them. It was no chaotic mob, not loosely held together in the belief of the bible alone, but a true society possessed of a corporate life, and organized in various orders. The evidence shows the twelve to have possessed (a) a power of jurisdiction, in virtue of which they wielded a legislative and judicial authority, and (b) a magisterial office to teach the Divine revelation entrusted to them. Thus (a) we find St. Paul authoritatively prescribing for the order and discipline of the churches. He does not advise; he directs (1 Corinthians 11:34; 16:1; Titus 1:5). He pronounces judicial sentence (1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10), and his sentences, like those of other Apostles, receive at times the solemn sanction of miraculous punishment (1 Timothy 1:20; Acts 5:1-10). In like manner he bids his delegate Timothy hear the causes even of priests, and rebuke, in the sight of all, those who sin (1 Timothy 5:19 sq.).(b) With no less definiteness does he assert that the Apostolate carries with it a doctrinal authority, which all are bound to recognize. God has sent them, he affirms, to claim "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5; 15:18). Further, his solemnly expressed desire, that even if an angel from heaven were to preach another doctrine to the Galatians than that which he had delivered to them, he should be anathema (Galatians 1:8), involves a claim to infallibility in the teaching of revealed truth.
While the whole Apostolic College enjoyed this power in the Church, St. Peter always appears in that position of primacy which Christ assigned to him. It is Peter who receives into the Church the first converts, alike from Judaism and from heathenism (Acts 2:41; 10:5 sq.), who works the first miracle (Acts 3:1 sqq.), who inflicts the first ecclesiastical penalty (Acts 5:1 sqq.). It is Peter who casts out of the Church the first heretic, Simon Magus (Acts 8:21), who makes the first Apostolic visitation of the churches (Acts 9:32), and who pronounces the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7).(See Schanz, III, p. 460.) So indisputable was his position that when St. Paul was about to undertake the work of preaching to the heathen the Gospel which Christ had revealed to him, he regarded it as necessary to obtain recognition from Peter (Galatians 1:18).
Appreciate you confirming my words.....

Horse thirds....
Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church?????

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#474740 Sep 4, 2013
I'm done over here for now. I've revived my old thread, which I am certain I will find of more interest.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T1PA7UI1A...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474741 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are choking on just one word "ME", forgetting the most important phrase, which is "loving this world".
and there are several verses that show us what happens when [we allow] this world to overcome our love for the Lord.
try reading what James says about the love of this world, and you might learn why Demas walked away from God and gave up his Salvation
Tell me who "me" is in that Scripture...

You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!

Location hidden

#474742 Sep 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
here is the picture of the accident.on my profile. hopefully

Location hidden

#474743 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me who "me" is in that Scripture...
You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!
who is "me" is not important. what is, is the FACT that Demas was working for the Lord(not Paul) and he quit and walked off.

why is that difficult for anyone to understand?

a Christian does not work for another Christian, they are supposedly working FOR THE LORD.

Demas was a fellowworker, in the Cause and the Gospel of Christ.

as far as a "pink bunny", that coloring will wear off.

however your ignorance never fails to surprise me. and ignorance NEVER wears off.

Location hidden

#474744 Sep 4, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith
Eat Jesus' flesh
Baptism
Works
what is ironic is that Anthony wishes for us to take the words of Jesus literally in that 6th chapter, yet he doesn't want to take them literally when Jesus said "my Words are Spirit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does America Owe Rush Limbaugh? 3 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEPEACE 5
Are You A Friend Or An Enemy To Humans? Read Th... 4 min End Of Days 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 601,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rider on the Storm 743,606
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 7 min Commander Bunny 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min WAKE UP 174,196
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 15 min keedick 99
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min New Age Spiritual... 228,548
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 260,172

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE