Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603253 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474736 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
How many of the Original Apostles to you accept as viable teachers?
There were 13 as "it is written".
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST TRIVIA..NOTHING MORE... ONLY INFORMATION...
DON'T YOU EVER HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE TO OFFER ?
Another non-answer GiF?

What's the matter, couldn't you come up with a viable answer that explains why you only accept less than six of the original Apostles?

Yeah, I know - "God" didn't specify certain texts, huh?

I wonder why he gave that exclusive bit of power to men. Do you know why?

But before you answer, maybe "Rose" - the person I responded to, will give us a better answer.

Let's hope she can.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#474737 Sep 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Repeating it over and over again, will not make it true, except for yourself.
Been reading too many of hojo's posts, huh?
:o)
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your right kind of repetitive,but you know NASL,sometimes things have to be expounded,especially that which is so important for men's souls,and their lives.

How do you know what men had written is "important for men's soul and lives"?

Just because a man states something, it doesn't mean it is true.

You will have to first prove to me that the Bible and those texts were specifically labeled by "God" as inspired and usable for "my soul and life".

So far, I've shown plenty of evidence against your claim, and I've shown plenty of evidence that shows what Jesus taught - non-canonical - are just as valid, if not moreso.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What do you believe concerning our destiny,why have you never shared that with us?
I believe we all wil go to the same place. And I have shared this witht he forum, many times.

You guys just refuse to accept what I say, because you are so embedded in the false doctrines and dogma that men devised for you.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You attack us,and tell us we are wrong,but you fail to honestly share the way of salvation for humanity.Share it!
Wrong.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - is quite telling in itself. I've posted this possible path to salvation, many times. Again, it will be the forum posters choice to accept what Jesus said or not.

BTW - I don't attack, but express my opinion on facts that are dismissed - because some guy told you not to use them.

Those instances where you feel you are being attacked is actually just yourself, feeling agitated and showing how much truth is in what I've stated.

The dismay will pass, if you let it.

"I will give the world what no eye has seen or ear has heard."
- Jesus

Radical, huh?

Only you can open your heart and mind to the astonishment Jesus expresses.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474738 Sep 4, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So for salvation we need:
Faith
Eat Jesus' flesh
Baptism
Works
*did I leave out anything?
And you say for catholics it is all about Christ.
Nope, that about covers it. They're all about Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474739 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the Church the Apostles exercised that regulative power with which Christ had endowed them. It was no chaotic mob, not loosely held together in the belief of the bible alone, but a true society possessed of a corporate life, and organized in various orders. The evidence shows the twelve to have possessed (a) a power of jurisdiction, in virtue of which they wielded a legislative and judicial authority, and (b) a magisterial office to teach the Divine revelation entrusted to them. Thus (a) we find St. Paul authoritatively prescribing for the order and discipline of the churches. He does not advise; he directs (1 Corinthians 11:34; 16:1; Titus 1:5). He pronounces judicial sentence (1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10), and his sentences, like those of other Apostles, receive at times the solemn sanction of miraculous punishment (1 Timothy 1:20; Acts 5:1-10). In like manner he bids his delegate Timothy hear the causes even of priests, and rebuke, in the sight of all, those who sin (1 Timothy 5:19 sq.).(b) With no less definiteness does he assert that the Apostolate carries with it a doctrinal authority, which all are bound to recognize. God has sent them, he affirms, to claim "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5; 15:18). Further, his solemnly expressed desire, that even if an angel from heaven were to preach another doctrine to the Galatians than that which he had delivered to them, he should be anathema (Galatians 1:8), involves a claim to infallibility in the teaching of revealed truth.
While the whole Apostolic College enjoyed this power in the Church, St. Peter always appears in that position of primacy which Christ assigned to him. It is Peter who receives into the Church the first converts, alike from Judaism and from heathenism (Acts 2:41; 10:5 sq.), who works the first miracle (Acts 3:1 sqq.), who inflicts the first ecclesiastical penalty (Acts 5:1 sqq.). It is Peter who casts out of the Church the first heretic, Simon Magus (Acts 8:21), who makes the first Apostolic visitation of the churches (Acts 9:32), and who pronounces the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7).(See Schanz, III, p. 460.) So indisputable was his position that when St. Paul was about to undertake the work of preaching to the heathen the Gospel which Christ had revealed to him, he regarded it as necessary to obtain recognition from Peter (Galatians 1:18).
Appreciate you confirming my words.....

Horse thirds....
Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church?????

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#474740 Sep 4, 2013
I'm done over here for now. I've revived my old thread, which I am certain I will find of more interest.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T1PA7UI1A...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474741 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are choking on just one word "ME", forgetting the most important phrase, which is "loving this world".
and there are several verses that show us what happens when [we allow] this world to overcome our love for the Lord.
try reading what James says about the love of this world, and you might learn why Demas walked away from God and gave up his Salvation
Tell me who "me" is in that Scripture...

You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474742 Sep 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Preston,we pray that your granddaughter heals quickly.God Bless you and your family!
here is the picture of the accident.on my profile. hopefully

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474743 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me who "me" is in that Scripture...
You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!
who is "me" is not important. what is, is the FACT that Demas was working for the Lord(not Paul) and he quit and walked off.

why is that difficult for anyone to understand?

a Christian does not work for another Christian, they are supposedly working FOR THE LORD.

Demas was a fellowworker, in the Cause and the Gospel of Christ.

as far as a "pink bunny", that coloring will wear off.

however your ignorance never fails to surprise me. and ignorance NEVER wears off.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474744 Sep 4, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So for salvation we need:
Faith
Eat Jesus' flesh
Baptism
Works
*did I leave out anything?
And you say for catholics it is all about Christ.
what is ironic is that Anthony wishes for us to take the words of Jesus literally in that 6th chapter, yet he doesn't want to take them literally when Jesus said "my Words are Spirit
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474745 Sep 4, 2013
CATHOLIC CHURCH defined:

A VISIBLE society of baptized Christians professing the SAME FAITH under the AUTHORITY of the invisible head (CHRIST) and the AUTHORITY of the visible head (THE POPE) and the BISHOPS in "COMMUNION" with him).
The Greek word for Church here is "ecclesia" which refers to the VISIBLE,-----HIERARCHICAL & AUTHORITATIVE (the POPE--& BISHOPS)----in COMMUNION with CHRIST--the invisible head of the CHURCH----Jesus Christs CHURCH.

Bible only Protestantism is an INVISIBLE group of Christians, under NO AUTHORITY,(accept what each person decides for themselves to be their own authority) and is an ethereal body of believers "loosely" connected by faith in the Bible alone!!!!
No connection,(whatsoever) to Jesus Christ One TRUE APOSTOLIC (Universal Catholic) CHURCH in Matthew 16:13-21 and recorded over 30 times in the New Testament!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474746 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that Anthony wishes for us to take the words of Jesus literally in that 6th chapter, yet he doesn't want to take them literally when Jesus said "my Words are Spirit
John 6:63 - Protestants often argue that Jesus' use of the phrase "the spirit gives life" shows that Jesus was only speaking symbolically. However, Protestants must explain why there is not one place in Scripture where "spirit" means "symbolic." As we have seen, the use of "spirit" relates to supernatural faith. What words are spirit and life? The words that we must eat Jesus' flesh and drink His blood, or we have no life in us.

John 3:6 - Jesus often used the comparison of "spirit versus flesh" to teach about the necessity of possessing supernatural faith versus a natural understanding. In Mark 14:38 Jesus also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. We must go beyond the natural to understand the supernatural. In 1 Cor. 2:14,3:3; Rom 8:5; and Gal. 5:17, Paul also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison to teach that unspiritual people are not receiving the gift of faith. They are still "in the flesh."

http://scripturecatholic.com/the_eucharist.ht...

How did the first generation of Christians who learned from the apostles understand it? They understood it literally.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#474747 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that Anthony wishes for us to take the words of Jesus literally in that 6th chapter, yet he doesn't want to take them literally when Jesus said "my Words are Spirit
The Eucharist is spiritual nourishment. Not physical nourishment. Catholics do not have a problem with John 6:63.
I have no idea why you use that one verse to undo the other direct verses, as well as the understandings of the Disciples of the Apostles, Church fathers and all of Christianity for the following 1,600 yrs.
You have allot riding on John 6:63, Preston. Allot.
Second thought, just show where Christ commanded the Bible be compiled AND interpreted like you do.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#474748 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that Anthony wishes for us to take the words of Jesus literally in that 6th chapter, yet he doesn't want to take them literally when Jesus said "my Words are Spirit
Either you or Chuck is guilty for changing the Word of God and undoing what the Apostles taught.
(He's OSAS)

Instead of making an unholy alliance against Anthony with Chuck, why don't you be a Pastor and save his soul?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474749 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>who is "me" is not important. what is, is the FACT that Demas was working for the Lord(not Paul) and he quit and walked off.
why is that difficult for anyone to understand?
a Christian does not work for another Christian, they are supposedly working FOR THE LORD.
Demas was a fellowworker, in the Cause and the Gospel of Christ.
as far as a "pink bunny", that coloring will wear off.
however your ignorance never fails to surprise me. and ignorance NEVER wears off.
You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!

Demas forsaking Paul is in no way connected to his salvation...if he was saved...

You should be arrested for being an imposter....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474750 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
CATHOLIC CHURCH defined:
A VISIBLE society of baptized Christians professing the SAME FAITH under the AUTHORITY of the invisible head (CHRIST) and the AUTHORITY of the visible head (THE POPE) and the BISHOPS in "COMMUNION" with him).
The Greek word for Church here is "ecclesia" which refers to the VISIBLE,-----HIERARCHICAL & AUTHORITATIVE (the POPE--& BISHOPS)----in COMMUNION with CHRIST--the invisible head of the CHURCH----Jesus Christs CHURCH.
Bible only Protestantism is an INVISIBLE group of Christians, under NO AUTHORITY,(accept what each person decides for themselves to be their own authority) and is an ethereal body of believers "loosely" connected by faith in the Bible alone!!!!
No connection,(whatsoever) to Jesus Christ One TRUE APOSTOLIC (Universal Catholic) CHURCH in Matthew 16:13-21 and recorded over 30 times in the New Testament!!!
I love it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! You have just called your pope a bald-face liar!!!!

The NABre poop appoved Catlick bible: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Don't say nuttin' bout no Catholic church...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474751 Sep 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you or Chuck is guilty for changing the Word of God and undoing what the Apostles taught.
(He's OSAS)
Instead of making an unholy alliance against Anthony with Chuck, why don't you be a Pastor and save his soul?
I didn't know that his soul was lost, who told you?

this is a belief that has nothing to do with him or me being Saved, by the Blood of Jesus, and that experience is Foreign to catholicism

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474752 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You know who "me" is...I know you know and you know I know you know...but to answer my question will prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that my words about you and the Pink Rabbit are as pure as gold!!!!
Demas forsaking Paul is in no way connected to his salvation...if he was saved...
You should be arrested for being an imposter....
Demas

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Jump to: navigation, search

Demas, mentioned by the Apostle Paul in the New Testament of the Bible, appears to have been a man involved in the ministry as a companion of Paul.[1][2] He was with Paul during his first imprisonment in Rome,[3] but later when Paul wrote Second Timothy he said that Demas had forsaken him, "having loved this present world."

Paul writes that Demas, as a result of his love for this present age (also sometimes translated "world"), left him and went to Thessalonica. This stands as a warning to all Christians that they should not love this world, its system that is opposed to God and His rule. In I John 2:15 believers are challenged not to love this world, or the things of the world. Demas is an example of one whose life Christians should not emulate.

"having loved this present world."

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble

Oxbore; with your proud attitude, God has Forsaken YOU!!AMEN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demas

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474753 Sep 4, 2013
thankfully, some people aren't as ignorant as Oxbore who God has Forsaken.

Demas

by Wayne Blank
The apostle Paul had many companions and associates during the time of his ministry (see Paul's Ministry), many of whom had become Christians because of Paul's extensive preaching (see also Paul's First Missionary Journey, Paul's Second Missionary Journey and Paul's Third Missionary Journey). Among them was Demas, a man who Paul held in high regard, not only because he was a Christian, but because Demas courageously remained with Paul during a very difficult and dangerous time when Paul was imprisoned in Rome. Unfortunately, and amazingly, considering what they had survived together up to that time, Demas turned out to be a shallow-rooted sort of Christian (see the Fact Finder question below). As Paul later stated, "Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world" (see below). It wasn't of course just Paul that Demas had forsaken because of his "friendship with the world." Demas did something far more serious, thereby putting himself in vastly more danger than from anything that the Romans could have done to him, for "know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world [see Who Still Rules The World Today?] is the enemy of God" (James 4:4 KJV).

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2005/20050216.htm

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474754 Sep 4, 2013
The Challenge of Demas

Filed under: 2 Timothy, Colossians, Philemon

Demas is an obscure figure in the New Testament. He is only mentioned three times.(Colossians 4:14, Philemon 1:24, and 2 Timothy 4:10) Little is said of him, but some reflection will be insightful.

In Colossians 4:14, he is a companion of Luke and he sends greetings to the church at Colossae. In Philemon, he is noted as a fellow worker with Luke. It appears that Demas has joined Luke in the work of ministry (to what extend, we can only guess). He seems to be doing well and progressing in his faith – first a companion and now a laborer. However, he is mentioned again in 2 Timothy 4:10 and this time the news is not encouraging. 2 Timothy 4:10 states,“…Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica.” What makes these words even more dramatic is the broader context. Paul is awaiting death. He states that he is being poured out like a drink offering and that the time of his departure has arrived.(4:6) So, when Paul could use a faithful friend, Demas leaves. To ask “why?” is a reasonable question. Luckily for us, Paul offers his interpretation.

Demas left Paul and presumably the ministry, because he loved the world. There are three points we can learn from Demas’ actions First, since God created the world, there are many things in the world that are lovable. For this reason, there will always be elements in the world that tug at our hearts. And if this is left unchecked, it will lead us away from God. The solution is not to reject the world, but to realize that there is something superior, namely, to know God. Demas left, because he forgot this lesson. Yes, the world is good, but there is something better. Second, as Paul says our love is often times misdirected. Consider how 2 Timothy 3 starts:

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.”

By examining Paul’s usage of the word,“love,” we can see that love apart from the love of Christ is so distorted that we can say that it is without love. What a paradox. Third, we need to realize that the example of Demas is not just something that happened 2000 years ago with little bearing on our lives. The example of Demas is alive and well today. We can even go as far as to say, there is much of Demas in all our hearts. Hence, the way to fight the good fight and to finish the race will be to realize that there is something better than the lovable things of the world, namely, Christ. When we realize this, all the “good” things of the world can be enjoyed under the supreme enjoyment of God.

http://www.historyandtheology.com/...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#474756 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Demas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Demas, mentioned by the Apostle Paul in the New Testament of the Bible, appears to have been a man involved in the ministry as a companion of Paul.[1][2] He was with Paul during his first imprisonment in Rome,[3] but later when Paul wrote Second Timothy he said that Demas had forsaken him, "having loved this present world."
Paul writes that Demas, as a result of his love for this present age (also sometimes translated "world"), left him and went to Thessalonica. This stands as a warning to all Christians that they should not love this world, its system that is opposed to God and His rule. In I John 2:15 believers are challenged not to love this world, or the things of the world. Demas is an example of one whose life Christians should not emulate.
"having loved this present world."
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble
Oxbore; with your proud attitude, God has Forsaken YOU!!AMEN!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demas
You look really good with egg all over your face!!!! I like it!!!!

Demas forsaking Paul is just that....he quit...left...went away...period.....my guess is he was not saved and could walk off the job...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 879,137
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 13 min Margret 49
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 28 min Pure Top Massager 572
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 613,070
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,397
Middle aged man prefers wearing women's PANTIES 2 hr Johno 5
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 2 hr MUQ2 997
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 272,884
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web