Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599406 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#474694 Sep 4, 2013
why internet have short as horn look symbil as adidas
see sport
look ski shoes..look tel institution eletricity symbols and so on..
look on many street trough any city..

please tell me
why i am wrong

don't call me racist
one thing help other destroy..

we call that revile

i am very tired wrote

nothing will spear on this planet nothing..

Did our human mind going toward peace or destruction with modern innovation?

n

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#474695 Sep 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
True Rose, but it also raises many questions;
1. Exactly HOW does He dispense it?
2. If there are disagreements as to how, WHO decides? It can't be the bible because people disagree as to what the bible says about it.
3. If someone says it's the Holy Spirit telling them, how do you decide between a different person who says the Holy Spirit tells them something else?
This is where Sacred Tradition comes in. What did those who were taught by the apostles say? And those they taught?
Well I'm sure they said the things,Jesus,said ..That belief in the,Son leads,to the Father.

That we have NO MEDIATOR but Christ ..That the,priests in the temple had nothing to do with granting them eternal life.
Repent and
Believe in the saviour who died for our Sins,and be baptized ..

Something along those lines ..

They preaches in some cases to people they might not even see again as they travelled home from Jerusalem or until the next holiday .

I'm sure they did not say ..You must stay here and come to this building and see me each week to confess your sins ..so I can forgive them and then i will give you the Eucharist so you can remain saved .

I really don't see that as how they spread GODS,word..or those who travelled FRom place to place ..baptizing after the people heard and accepted JESUS and then moved in..how did those people continue on in their faith ..through JESUS...And the power of the HOLY Spirit
truth

Perth, Australia

#474696 Sep 4, 2013
really
from 95-13 its long period battle evil spirit

I told you every spirit is not holy!

Holy Spirit is real!

please explain your words Almighty Canceller

please tell me how you call that..

street=s=$treet=whats deference treet
and nicely treat
treeaeiou adidas ad'id' as..

don't pretend did you try attack last night as well why..your law is not my law as i tell you..is that going hurt you..or you just play friendly..about what..why don't you realize i am not stupid no..
as well i am always as i am always some..now

still you not explain
about

Holy Spirit
truth

Perth, Australia

#474697 Sep 4, 2013
my god know
why keep me in this position..

you not tell me who do that
my hand
my lags
my body
my mind touch that cross
Why me?

its one only way which lead to Jesus..

How many roads and street exist into what?..'id'

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#474698 Sep 4, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Crosses
Before Christianity adopted the cross as its emblem, it was a pagan symbol for the sun-god Ra, and signified the perfect union of male and female energy.(The original crosses had equal length axes).
The Roman Emperor, Constantine, was a practicing sun-worshipping pagan, so perhaps the Roman Empire's adoption of Christianity as its main religion and consequently, the cross its main symbol, was of no coincidence...
Something to look into.
~~~

God's plan of redemption was created before the worlds were framed.

The devil has attempted to upstage God...in most everything..that he can stick his nose in.

The Roman Catholic Church has attempted to upstage God by giving/appointing Peter and his (so called) papal successors control of God's kingdom on the earth.

When the Bible says THIS..

Mat 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee;

what shall we have therefore?

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

---

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

THERE IS ALWAYS ...THE WORLD ..THE FLESH ..AND THE DEVIL...WORKING

RELENTLESSLY IN THEIR TO ATTEMPT TO UPSTAGE GOD...AND CHANGE HIS PLANS

BUT

WHEN ALL ATTEMPTS ...TO UPSTAGE GOD.... ARE SAID AND DONE...

GOD WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD...AND HIS PLAN OF REDEMPTION WILL BE

VICTORIOUS...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#474699 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse thirds....
Catholic insist that "church" in Scripture identifies the Roman Catholic Church.
I find no English dictionary, Bible dictionary, Greek lexicon, nor Scripture, that so defines the word "church"....and neither does any Catholic....
So where comes from this hogwash that "church" means Roman Catholic Church?????
Within the Church the Apostles exercised that regulative power with which Christ had endowed them. It was no chaotic mob, not loosely held together in the belief of the bible alone, but a true society possessed of a corporate life, and organized in various orders. The evidence shows the twelve to have possessed (a) a power of jurisdiction, in virtue of which they wielded a legislative and judicial authority, and (b) a magisterial office to teach the Divine revelation entrusted to them. Thus (a) we find St. Paul authoritatively prescribing for the order and discipline of the churches. He does not advise; he directs (1 Corinthians 11:34; 16:1; Titus 1:5). He pronounces judicial sentence (1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10), and his sentences, like those of other Apostles, receive at times the solemn sanction of miraculous punishment (1 Timothy 1:20; Acts 5:1-10). In like manner he bids his delegate Timothy hear the causes even of priests, and rebuke, in the sight of all, those who sin (1 Timothy 5:19 sq.).(b) With no less definiteness does he assert that the Apostolate carries with it a doctrinal authority, which all are bound to recognize. God has sent them, he affirms, to claim "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5; 15:18). Further, his solemnly expressed desire, that even if an angel from heaven were to preach another doctrine to the Galatians than that which he had delivered to them, he should be anathema (Galatians 1:8), involves a claim to infallibility in the teaching of revealed truth.

While the whole Apostolic College enjoyed this power in the Church, St. Peter always appears in that position of primacy which Christ assigned to him. It is Peter who receives into the Church the first converts, alike from Judaism and from heathenism (Acts 2:41; 10:5 sq.), who works the first miracle (Acts 3:1 sqq.), who inflicts the first ecclesiastical penalty (Acts 5:1 sqq.). It is Peter who casts out of the Church the first heretic, Simon Magus (Acts 8:21), who makes the first Apostolic visitation of the churches (Acts 9:32), and who pronounces the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7).(See Schanz, III, p. 460.) So indisputable was his position that when St. Paul was about to undertake the work of preaching to the heathen the Gospel which Christ had revealed to him, he regarded it as necessary to obtain recognition from Peter (Galatians 1:18).

#474700 Sep 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestined it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.(John 5:24) Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.
7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one....“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word.(John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one.
(See John 11:42) "I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.” and (Hebrews 7:25) "Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."
WHILE NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD...WE CAN
SEPARATE OUR LOVE FROM HIM..

#474701 Sep 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the Church the Apostles exercised that regulative power with which Christ had endowed them. It was no chaotic mob, not loosely held together in the belief of the bible alone, but a true society possessed of a corporate life, and organized in various orders. The evidence shows the twelve to have possessed (a) a power of jurisdiction, in virtue of which they wielded a legislative and judicial authority, and (b) a magisterial office to teach the Divine revelation entrusted to them. Thus (a) we find St. Paul authoritatively prescribing for the order and discipline of the churches. He does not advise; he directs (1 Corinthians 11:34; 16:1; Titus 1:5). He pronounces judicial sentence (1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 2:10), and his sentences, like those of other Apostles, receive at times the solemn sanction of miraculous punishment (1 Timothy 1:20; Acts 5:1-10). In like manner he bids his delegate Timothy hear the causes even of priests, and rebuke, in the sight of all, those who sin (1 Timothy 5:19 sq.).(b) With no less definiteness does he assert that the Apostolate carries with it a doctrinal authority, which all are bound to recognize. God has sent them, he affirms, to claim "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5; 15:18). Further, his solemnly expressed desire, that even if an angel from heaven were to preach another doctrine to the Galatians than that which he had delivered to them, he should be anathema (Galatians 1:8), involves a claim to infallibility in the teaching of revealed truth.
While the whole Apostolic College enjoyed this power in the Church, St. Peter always appears in that position of primacy which Christ assigned to him. It is Peter who receives into the Church the first converts, alike from Judaism and from heathenism (Acts 2:41; 10:5 sq.), who works the first miracle (Acts 3:1 sqq.), who inflicts the first ecclesiastical penalty (Acts 5:1 sqq.). It is Peter who casts out of the Church the first heretic, Simon Magus (Acts 8:21), who makes the first Apostolic visitation of the churches (Acts 9:32), and who pronounces the first dogmatic decision (Acts 15:7).(See Schanz, III, p. 460.) So indisputable was his position that when St. Paul was about to undertake the work of preaching to the heathen the Gospel which Christ had revealed to him, he regarded it as necessary to obtain recognition from Peter (Galatians 1:18).
~~~

Within the Church the Apostles exercised that regulative power with which Christ had endowed them.

SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT JESUS CREATED 12 LITTLE GOD'S....

THE ONE THAT SHOULD (AND DOES) EXERCISE "regulative power" OVER THE CHURCH

IS...

THE HOLY GHOST...

JESUS SAID

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

NOTE

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

NOTE

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS IGNORED THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS OF JESUS..

This is the reason IT IS A DEAD END STREET RELIGION It cannot promise

any security of SALVATION to those that are a part of it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474702 Sep 4, 2013
https://maps.google.com.au/maps...

i drove my map
its corect everything what i drove

why i am not listen anyone
no
then
you think i am stupid

stars as you looking train
i am very angry over whom..i don't know
people liked travel

how you call people about travel as astro
please look on stars in heaven
we call that stapi=its some as you see on train chu chu chu chu as wheel as you see hand complete upside-down..now many religion practicing about astro..now
why everything stay on map..

now why you used name of my family
be good i know who are you
as well part of surgical where when who how and so on..you try used us don't you..

#474703 Sep 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD DOES NOT VIOLATE/WILL NOT VIOLATE.... THE WILL...OF ANY MAN...AND FORCE SALVATION UPON

THEM THAT REFUSE IT...

WHETHER THEY EVER WERE CHRISTIANS OR NOT,,

WE DO NOT BECOME ZOMBIES WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS...WE STILL HAVE THE

OPTION TO WALK AWAY FROM GOD...

Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.....

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other......
truth

Perth, Australia

#474704 Sep 4, 2013
how you call people as astro project
shut up evil people

not me
i am not wicket

neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
where is that holy way
explain please

stapi its line on star on heaven as well see shape on trains chu chu chu chu

now
you must be smart evil man who ever are you as well try used all posess with materialistic things
if you wrote tel av av 3-4 teeth treet street
up un down as geometric field in within 25 degree one line on top with wroting alphabetic which language..
you are pak and tak tik taka can know everyone..

whats deference in bag 3 bird one big straight germa aa sao paolo then edge of bulgaria and serbia
second bag is 3x money don't be funy tigers see rupe money

here we have teeth tree treet street 3-4=cd=dc how many teeth updown 25 degree in within on map street

as well

not yet finish there noooooooooo
why should be

i drove before as big teeth
as pillars 10 which direction don't asked

now

that stay as pillar of earth
now
you pretend be my friend
mr or mrs dvorac but you are not tvorac=as Creator
you are trouble maker

shut up will you
you pretend be my friend
o did you

now
Did you scare of my conversion?

ones for ever finish
no Mercy

be good think proply about your game toward me

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#474705 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
just as Christ is a "stumbling block" to the Jews, the idea of a person walking away from God is beyond their Spiritual understanding..

and as Oxbore used the word "me" in the context of Pauls words, oxbore doesn't understand the remainder of the verse which speaks of the love of this world, and those few words correspond to another verse which speaks of that "love' being against and an enemy of God.

it is easy to see that some people on here listen more to Adrian rogers, et al than they do to God and His Word.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474706 Sep 4, 2013
its nothing
no
as you say no sense
i can say to my God
its very nice keep in talk

one touch with finger its going finish

you not tell me what sustain entire universe

is that problem for you
not to understood

entire world going

it is written
-don't have another God
-love your God with heart and mind

Did God left someone?

Location hidden

#474707 Sep 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pink Rabbit and you have something in common...both of you were called of God!!!
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
Tell me who "me" is in that Scripture....
you are choking on just one word "ME", forgetting the most important phrase, which is "loving this world".

and there are several verses that show us what happens when [we allow] this world to overcome our love for the Lord.

try reading what James says about the love of this world, and you might learn why Demas walked away from God and gave up his Salvation
truth

Perth, Australia

#474708 Sep 4, 2013

Location hidden

#474709 Sep 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>just as Christ is a "stumbling block" to the Jews, the idea of a person walking away from God is beyond their Spiritual understanding..
and as Oxbore used the word "me" in the context of Pauls words, oxbore doesn't understand the remainder of the verse which speaks of the love of this world, and those few words correspond to another verse which speaks of that "love' being against and an enemy of God.
it is easy to see that some people on here listen more to Adrian rogers, et al than they do to God and His Word.
I think if people would look and understand the concept of Peter walking on the water and broaden their horizon some, or in the realm of some on here, they need to understand much better than they do now with their carnal eyes.

Peter as we all know took his eyes off of the Lord and sank, but when he called out to the Lord, he was Saved.

now looking at that thru Spiritual eyes, we see that a person who takes their eyes off of the Lord will [sink] or be lost[die], yet if they like Peter call out to Jesus, He still will reach out His arm and Save them.

last evening, my granddaughter took her eyes off of the road that she was riding her four wheeler and hit a log and it overturned with her and if you could see the picture, she was one lucky young lady. she came out of it with a busted mouth and a sore ankle. and I had Cathie going back and forth to give me updates. so no matter what age, we can take our eyes off our Spiritual Road and lose our Way.

GIF and myself cant make it any plainer to you people who have listened to false teachers who preach of a Gospel not taught by the Apostles, nor those Preachers who believe in a closer Walk and being Spirit Filled.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474710 Sep 4, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#474711 Sep 4, 2013
i drove two like this under pillar as look two big teeth..
http://theheavensdeclare.net/wp-content/uploa...

please tell me
Why you liked make argument with me?

Is that all?

nooooooooooooooo

soooooooooooooooooo
mr and mrs titich

remember

my mind is not yours as well i am not youuuuuuuuuuuuu
why i have to be
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

i drove much more

because you are who with your set up corupt justice..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo

did i say to you
your law is not my law..
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

now

please tell

Why you liked make argument with me?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#474712 Sep 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD DIED WHEN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS INVENTED...
THAT ALL HEAVEN STOPPED
AND NOW ALL WE HAVE
IS A UNGODLY RELIGIOUS SYSTEM IN ROME ITALY..
TO PLAY THE HEAVENLY LOTTO/BINGO... UPON WHOM IT IS THAT WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE....
I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU ...JESUS AROSE FROM THE GRAVE
HE IS STILL ALIVE, AND HE IS STILL IN CONTROL...
ONLY SONS ARE HEIRS.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
SONS OF GOD...ARE THOSE THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED THE NEW BIRTH...
THEY ARE NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS...
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN REGENERATED
FOR US WHO'S SPIRITS HAVE BEEN REDEEMED AND ARE NOW WAITING FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 ==> And not only they,
but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. <==
It's a shame that a supposed man of God needs to resort to insults and lies when he's "confrinted" with the reality of doctrinal anarchy in protestantism.
truth

Perth, Australia

#474713 Sep 4, 2013
Who told you I am walk from God path?
How many gods master and lords you have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 10 min Justise_League 1,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 863,958
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min Justise_League 6,403
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 30 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 835
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web